Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager (42339 Views)

Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery / Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach / Luis Enrique Named New Spain Head Coach On 2-Year Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
Good, a good coach.
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by Realhommie(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
Arondizuogu:
Nope he's not experienced.. Any MF can manage Barca.
He's experienced but that won't guarantee success anyways, I remember vividly he flopped at AS Roma.
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2018
AnyDevice:
hope he will make us proud of Arsenal again...
Yes just like Wenger
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
Realhommie:
He's experienced but that won't guarantee success anyways, I remember vividly he flopped at AS Roma.

Yeah, I meant PL experience.. almost relegated Roma, I was surprised when he won trophies with Barca, that's when I knew most of them coaches won't fare well any where.
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by AreaFada2: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2018
Mannie92:

Same thing y'all said about Pep Guardiola
Look at him now

But consider the talents at his disposal. If both can win Premier league with Burnley or Leicester then they are really good.
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by adegeye38(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
AreaFada2:

But consider the talents at his disposal. If both can win Premier league with Burnley or Leicester then they are really good.
if lewis halmilton wins a race in a buggati, so he should go and race in a volkswagen beetle against buggatis and Ferraris to prove he is good, does dat make any sense??

4 Likes

Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by olutop(m): 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
AreaFada2:

your team can as well go and hire Raneiri now cause he won epl with Leicester,one thing have known about coaches is that is one thing to have good tactics is another thing to be able to withstand Big clubs pressure and manage world class players, player management is the key to coaching, ask Unai Emery in PSG he will tell you, after 3 successive Europa with Sevilla.
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by sinola(m): 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
AnonymousIP:
@APROKOGIRL

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/2542/arsenal-luis-enrique-set-to-take-over-from-wenger-after-talks-at-exclusive-london-club/

cc; lalasticlala

i think he is good atleast will introduce some level of tiki taka in Emirates
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by olutop(m): 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
Arsenal has done the right thing by employing a coach with a big club experience, guess they wont do the same mistake Man u did with Moyes...
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by Kingsley1000(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
I would have loved Monaco's coach
But once the new coach won't be afraid to spend money on transfer like Wenger, it will be ok
MONACO COACH IS PERFECT FOR ARSENAL
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by AreaFada2: 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
olutop:

your team can as well go and hire Raneiri now cause he won epl with Leicester,one thing have known about coaches is that is one thing to have good tactics is another thing to be able to withstand Big clubs pressure and manage world class players, player management is the key to coaching, ask Unai Emery in PSG he will tell you, after 3 successive Europa with Sevilla.

Fact remains that the club with more money to buy the most talents tend to qualify for champions league to begin with. Those clubs that often reach knock out stage have very little to separate them.
Ranieri has coached top teams before, so he can do it.

Reason Liverpool beat Man City. Man City could easily have won if played on two other days.
Not because Klopp is a genius. This is coming from a Liverpool fan.
Even top footballers in a top team need time to gel. So consistency and constant improvement is needed. RM has achieved that players like Ronaldo, Bale, Marcello, Benzema, their skipper and others there for many years now. PSG will gradually progress in CL too. Matter of time.
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by talk2percy(m): 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
Then premier league is the league to watch comes next season. It is going to be tough!
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by henryhemon(m): 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
With his high-tech football e go chop am for EPL.

As pep chop am abi??

2 Likes

Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by emperormossad(m): 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
Leonardo Jardim is my safe option.
Working conditions of arsenal won't be a problem for him.
I hope they make a dependable choice not for short term.
Meanwhile, if we end up sacking zizou (I hope he stays), pochettino should come bernabau. Would be nice to see his brand of soccer in Spain.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by Skhibanj1015(m): 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2018
Pep Guardiola has spent close to $1bilion, I still repeat you can refer to him as an excellent coach but a good one. We have people that if you still give him money, he might not perform.
He can prove me wrong by joining a club like Tottenham.

Mannie92:

Look at him now

2 Likes

Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
I be think say Wenger go die there b4 oo grin grin
Thank God for Arsenal sha cheesy
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by sexdoll: 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
Luis gini?

Biko dey should just sign Sunday Oliseh.
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by KevinDein: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2018
Seriously, we are supposed to believe a news from a source that goes by the name aprokogirl undecided

I don't believe this angry

2 Likes

Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by HausaOverlord: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2018
Mannie92:

Look at him now
what has he done exactly?, spent a ship load of money still couldn't win the ucl either at Munich or at City, my guy pep hasn't done anything unique other than almost spending 1billion dollars on transfers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2018
introvertedsoul:
Good coach, bitter racist individual.
This coming from a Cule.
how is her a racist
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2018
Mannie92:

Look at him now

Pep left Barca and went to

1.Bayern Munchen....a club that has unlimited resources in players and cash, just like Barca.

2.Man City, a club that has unlimited players and resources...just like Barca.

This isn't to bash Enrique or Pep, but like my dad always says about Mourinho...give them a club like Bolton Wanderers and we will see who is a good coach.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by ChimuchiYola(f): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
Noted ... I pray he succeeds in Arsenal and win the UEFA champions league
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by Mannie92(m): 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
Skhibanj1015:
Pep Guardiola has spent close to $1bilion, I still repeat you can refer to him as an excellent coach but a good one. We have people that if you still give him money, he might not perform.
He can prove me wrong by joining a club like Tottenham.

Moyes was a great coach with Everton but turned United into an average team even with great players....Same as Tata Martino with Barcelona....the same Barcelona that made Enrique look great. Some coaches are meant for the big teams while some are perfect managing an average team
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by KevinDein: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
Thomas Tuchel
Leonardo Jardim
Max Allegri

Any of these please
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by soledayo(m): 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
lilmax:
imagine the best manager retiring, it's really sad, he helped arsenal win major trophies

Can u define major.....UEFA CHAMPIONSHIP....
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by Mannie92(m): 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Pep left Barca and went to

1.Bayern Munchen....a club that has unlimited resources in players and cash, just like Barca.

2.Man City, a club that has unlimited players and resources...just like Barca.

This isn't to bash Enrique or Pep, but like my dad always says about Mourinho...give them a club like Bolton Wanderers and we will see who is a good coach.

You forgot that ancelotti failed woefully with that same bayern
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by maisauki: 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
Bring anyone to arsenal but Messi, excuse me

Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
henryhemon:

As pep chop am abi??
Se he no chop am for his first season in EPL.

1 Like

Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by sucess001(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
With his high-tech football e go chop am for EPL.

The way pep is chopping it abi?
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
sucess001:

The way pep is chopping it abi?
Se he no coap am for his first season with his high-tech spanish football. EPL is the first league that Pep never won anything in his first season. This is not Bundesliga nor La Liga. The same Enrique managed AS Roma. He didn't win anything. As one person said earlier, Barcelona can make any coach/manager look good.

1 Like

Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by blackbreed25(m): 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
whitebeard:
Oshaprapra..!
Men you Don kill me with this word grin
Re: Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager by obaataaokpaewu: 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2018
Mannie92:

You forgot that ancelotti failed woefully with that same bayern
You can't say that Ancelotti failed woefully in Bayern. He won the same league like Pep did. None of them won the Champions League with Bayern

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Star Alex Iwobi Scores First Everton Goal In 4-2 Carabao Cup Win(Photos) / Ronaldo Took The Worst Free-kick Of His Career For Al Nassr Against Al Ittihad / Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.