Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery (26207 Views)

Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp / Man Utd Target Milinkovic-savic As Potential Replacement For Pogba / Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by ogbiwa: 4:30am On Nov 10, 2019
Arsenal have held talks with former Barcelona boss Luis Enrique as a potential replacement for Unai Emery, according to reports in Spain.

Emery is under increasing pressure at Arsenal following his side’s 2-0 defeat to Leicester City on Saturday, which has left the club eight points behind fourth place.

The Gunners have also registered just one win in their last six Premier League matches, while fans are now calling on Emery to be sacked during the international break.

Last week, reports claimed that Arsenal’s head of football Raul Sanllehi had met with Jose Mourinho to discuss his potential arrival at the club.

But now El Confidencial’s Kike Marin claims that Sanllehi is actively looking to replace Emery and has met with Luis Enrique.

The 49-year-old won nine major trophies during his three years as Barcelona manager which included the treble in his first season at the club.

Luis Enrique took over as Spain coach in July 2018 but left 11 months later for personal reasons as his nine-year-old daughter Xana passed away from osteosarcoma – a form of bone cancer – in August.

The Spaniard was reportedly on Arsenal’s initial shortlist when the Gunners were looking to replace Arsene Wenger in 2018.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/09/arsenal-hold-talks-luis-enrique-replace-unai-emery-11072452/?ito=newsnow-feed

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by omoolorire(m): 4:53am On Nov 10, 2019
Sure
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by kelvyn7: 4:55am On Nov 10, 2019
That coach is long over due for sacking...Chelsea family here wink

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Nobody: 4:57am On Nov 10, 2019
Why not go for Jose?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by cenaman(m): 5:00am On Nov 10, 2019
So Arsene Wenger was not the problem of Arsenal?

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by adamooye: 5:01am On Nov 10, 2019
Arsenal and their usual talk undecided

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by EmekaMD(m): 5:02am On Nov 10, 2019
youngprofdguru:
Why not go for Jose?
Jose who?
Park well abeg.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by GOFRONT(m): 5:02am On Nov 10, 2019
#SACKUNAIEMERY
#SACKUNAIEMERY

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Chiefochiefo(m): 5:03am On Nov 10, 2019
Please o, were them having talks befor? Abi na just from yestaday? Why not go for siasia?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by driand(m): 5:04am On Nov 10, 2019
grin

What were they thinking when they bought David Luiz from us?

Now they think unai is their problem... grin

Una never chi chom chim grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Mautonmentos(m): 5:04am On Nov 10, 2019
Emery must go!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:05am On Nov 10, 2019
Unai Emery is a good coach, but the board in Arsenal fc are terrible in making buying decisions

9 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Samakus(m): 5:06am On Nov 10, 2019
Na God go punish Emery. Imagine my darling Arsenal playing defensive game against Leicester City. It was as if it was Man City against Arsenal yesterday. After all the negative football, Arsenal still lost.

Once again, God punish you, Emery!!!

Emery out

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Godfrey858(m): 5:08am On Nov 10, 2019
From the Team performance
To Captaincy
To Coach
The Gunner needs to readopt the days of their invisibility

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Fuckyoumod: 5:08am On Nov 10, 2019
Me I'm a Nigerian..... I'm not from North London, nobody know me there.
I'm only a fan... So I can't come and be having high BP and die for nothing.

Anyhow they want to run Arsenal with those Below average players is there business.
If you sack the coach what happens to the players? Players with no fighting force in them.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Samakus(m): 5:10am On Nov 10, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
Unai Emery is a good coach, but the board in Arsenal fc are terrible in making buying decisions

I no wan vex for you o. Today na Sunday!!

Which good coach? Someone that walloped Barca 4:0, still went to lose and be knocked out in the 2nd leg of that UCL match when he was in PSG? It's like you didn't watch Leicester against Arsenal

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by basmur(m): 5:19am On Nov 10, 2019
logon599:
Sack Emery or leave him to keep dragging the club further down, I don't care.
My interest this morning is in the use of VAR in the premier league and how it will kill off football with the way it's going now if nothing is done to check it. They told us VAR was introduced to rectify "clear and obvious errors" so that means if the ref has made a mistake in his judgement they can quickly see it and rectify. A clear and obvious error shouldn't take more than 5 seconds of replay to notice it and rectify, like Aubameyang's goal against Man U that was initially wrongly ruled offside but replays showed he was clearly onside. But in the case where they're always stopping the match and taking 5 minutes to check every decision, that is no longer clear and obvious and when that happens they should stick with the referee's original decision and move on. Or better still the referee should view the pitchside monitor, make his decision and continue. All these shouldn't take minutes. That Sheffield goal against Tottenham yesterday that was cancelled because one overzealous VAR guy was using 10 minutes to measure if the player's forefinger was offside, is the height of madness from the so called VAR.

England and over do ...

There over sabi don too much. Even With all the time taken, they still make wrong decisions,

11 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by femilloyd01(m): 5:19am On Nov 10, 2019
Fuckyoumod:

Anyhow they want to run Arsenal with those Below average players is there business.
If you sack the coach what happens to the players? Players with no fighting force in them.
I owe you a bottle of cold beer and pepper soup

15 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Kobicove(m): 5:20am On Nov 10, 2019
Its about time...

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by whytediamond(m): 5:23am On Nov 10, 2019
Emery out!

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Jasen1(m): 5:24am On Nov 10, 2019
logon599:
My interest this morning is in the use of VAR in the premier league and how it will kill off football with the way it's going now if nothing is done to check it. They told us VAR was introduced to rectify "clear and obvious errors" so that means if the ref has made a mistake in his judgement they can quickly see it and rectify. A clear and obvious error shouldn't take more than 5 seconds of replay to notice it and rectify, like Aubameyang's goal against Man U that was initially wrongly ruled offside but replays showed he was clearly onside. But in the case where they're always stopping the match and taking 5 minutes to check every decision, that is no longer clear and obvious and when that happens they should stick with the referee's original decision and move on. Or better still the referee should view the pitchside monitor, make his decision and continue. All these shouldn't take minutes. That Sheffield goal against Tottenham yesterday that was cancelled because one overzealous VAR guy was using 10 minutes to measure if the player's forefinger was offside, is the height of madness from the so called VAR.

I swear that Sheffield goal var cancelled pain me oh

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by LZAA: 5:28am On Nov 10, 2019
logon599:
It will only lead to english officials to be avoided in international competitions
VAR works everywhere else

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by raymondedesiri(m): 5:33am On Nov 10, 2019
youngprofdguru:
Why not go for Jose?
Jose kwa!! He will ruin d club after a years of success

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Lugianostar(m): 5:35am On Nov 10, 2019
So atlast Emery just wasted just like that @ Arsenal

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by tfash96(m): 5:35am On Nov 10, 2019
Arsenal sha.. Because he succeeded @ camp nou and gave them champe doesn't matter.. Then in Barça he had Dani Alves,MSN(the most hottest forward in the world)Iniesta and I think Xavi played his last match for Barça when Enrique was still there.. How many of these qualities does Arsenal possess though it still doesn't matter but can Arsenal spend like man city? Hell No.. Sometimes Enrique performed like gambler in Barcelona... Employ o Enrique o the rest is history

Missing my MSN

9 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Nickisindigo(m): 5:36am On Nov 10, 2019
Haaa from frying pan to fire be that

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by Monogamy: 5:37am On Nov 10, 2019
How about the greedy board members?
Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by toprealman: 5:46am On Nov 10, 2019
Fuckyoumod:

Gbam!
Very weak players. That Guendouzi should be playing in women division 3 league. Very slow and useless in counter situation.

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery by boolet: 5:48am On Nov 10, 2019
May it come to fruition oo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo De Lima Vs Cristiano Ronaldo / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Saturday's Clash Against Libya(photos) / Enter Here For 99.9% Sure Games 5-10 Odds Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.