Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Please Help Me Decide!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help Me Decide!! (3777 Views)

Please Help Me Decide / Help Me To Decide Before Relocating Abroad / Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Decide!! by sleekchiq(f): 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
Please guys, I need help on where to go. I am a young girl in her mid 20s, I want to leave Nigeria this year or before March next year, do my masters and work and settle down eventually there.
I am short on ideas as to where to go, I would have loved Canada, the US or UK but I don't have enough funds as I am doing it on my own, I just have about a million bucks.

Please help me decide where to go, please give reasons for your answers. Thanks
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by QueenSuccubus(f): 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
grin

Try Malaysia...i think the tuition fee there is much cheaper & the cost of living is minimal.. cool
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by mayor2013: 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
Can't you use your million bucks for business here. You think those countries you made mention not don't have their problems. Look young lady don't waste your time going abroad to settle down. Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
mayor2013:
Can't you use your million bucks for business here. You think those countries you made mention not don't have their problems. Look young lady don't waste your time going abroad to settle down. Be wise.

life is about choices, make yours and let other follow their desires (as long as it aint something illegal). going to live abroad is a learning process, and until people LIVE THE LIFE, they will never be at ease with themselves. if you want to do business then do so, but this lady wants to relocate and that should be the end of it (so long as she does it "legally"wink . not everybody is smart enough nor want to do biz in Nigeria.... and many fail miserably because they have no clue what it takes to run a successful biz.

@OP
so long as you can get the proper paperwork (aka visa), you can/should go anywhere your heart desires...the catch is to go where you will remotely feel happy to be, and not just about any god forsaken country, to become miserable because of the standard of life etc. so make a list of where you would want to go, and take it from there.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by Sharonose: 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
mayor2013:
who is this one?

11 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by sleekchiq(f): 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
Thanks everyone, if it's about starting business, I currently am a Baker but I have always wanted to live Nigeria and now that I have a little savings, I will like to make my dream come true.
Yes I know the money is small but I just need options as to where to relocate to and why and then I will take it from there.
Thank you all

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by olumig(m): 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
sleekchiq:
Thanks everyone, if it's about starting business, I currently am a Baker but I have always wanted to live Nigeria and now that I have a little savings, I will like to make my dream come true.
Yes I know the money is small but I just need options as to where to relocate to and why and then I will take it from there.
Thank you all
try Sweden
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by lucreziaborgia(f): 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2018
mayor2013:
the way some of you talk is appalling. If you can't help then SHUT UP. perhaps you don't have the means of opportunity to leave 9ja. Sanctimonious Pharisee

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by NeyofeedNigEnt: 12:18am On Apr 22, 2018
My sister I can see you mentioned 3 countries Canada, USA and UK.
Everybody wants better thing.
You said you baked and saved up to that amount abi

Canada visa is 20% chance out of 100
USA is now 30 out of 100
UK let's say 50/50
Am I right?

My advice pray fervently before anything and be ready to face whatever that happen onward.

Visa is really easy to apply for but difficult to get.

No refund on visa fee and Mr agent also won't refund u. Think twice

You have a lot of money at least to start a better life

Good luck my sister
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 22, 2018
@ op you can easily move to the Philippines or Greenland with that money. Its very easy process
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 22, 2018
olumig:
try Sweden

Nah!! Sweden is damn too expensive! Instead let her try Ireland or Hungary if she prefers Europe
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by klexycole(m): 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
My sister I can see you mentioned 3 countries Canada, USA and UK.

USA is now 30 out of 100
UK let's say 50/50
Am I right?

My advice pray fervently before anything and be ready to face whatever that happen onward.

Good luck my sister

With due respect, the first bolded part is wrong sir. The chance of getting Canadian Visa is 50%. Except wrong documents are submitted or there's a case of misrepresentation which equals total denial of Visa of any class.

However, to your second bolded, You do not need to use an agent before you can get a Visa. This is not necessary, important, or even mandatory. You can DO IT ALL BY YOURSELF. There are wealth of information in this Travel Section. Ranging from US Students Visa thread, German Students Visa thread, to Australian and Canadian Students Visa thread, they've got all the information you need to run a successful application.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Now to the OP, here's my humble advise. Based on your narrative, Canadian Express Entry is your best bet. Fortunately, you have a Bsc. If you have at least one year work experience, then are eligible to apply. You may also want to work harder and save more to run this application.

The good thing about Canadian EE is, when you finally land and you wish to complete your Masters, you do not have to pay as an international student, your tuition will be the same as the locals. So, that's a great advantage.

Nevertheless, you may try and apply to Canadian Schools that offer scholarship, grants, or graduate funding (if you have a good grade in your Bsc). If you are fortunate to secure a full funding, then your savings will suffice to run the process. To be honest, it's not too easy to get funding, but it's definitely worth it.

On the other hand, Germany is another great option. Most public Universities in Germany are tuition-free. All you have to do is to wear your research vest and get to work. Find nice schools that offer your course and apply to, at least three of them to increase your chance of admission.

The hard part of this option is, you will have to fund your 'block account' with €8700 which is meant for your living expenses. At the same time, this fund is for you and for you alone. This is a part of the basic requirements by the German Embassy. Hence, you need to up your game and work harder to get enough fund.

Ostensibly, I can go on and on about the nice available options, but since you highlighted your choices, I had to explain the best you can get out of them. Do not forget that it's all dependent on your focus and determination. There's nothing your heart desires that you cannot achieve.

Find below the some helpful links to work with:

https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/

https://www.nairaland.com/3941544/general-german-student-visa-enquiries

https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant

Do not hesitate to ask questions from contributors on these threads. I wish you well sis.

You Can, and You Will! smiley

Cc sleekchiq

20 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by sleekchiq(f): 2:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt My sister I can see you mentioned 3 countries Canada, USA and UK.

USA is now 30 out of 100
UK let's say 50/50
Am I right?

Good luck my sister

Thanks so much neyofeednigent, I am very grateful but as it is, Canada schools are too expensive as I learnt. So I don't know if you know anything about Europe, Finland, Australia, Turkey, Norway, Ireland, Austra etc. I graduated with a second class lower and I went into baking, I have not worked so I guess that means I can't apply for express entry to Canada. I will appreciate it if you could help with details on Europe or anywhere I can move to for a year and then save up before I relocate elsewhere. God bless you
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by sleekchiq(f): 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2018
klexycole

Please can you throw more light on Europe.. Germany, Australia, Finland, France, Hungary, Ireland, Norway etc.

Schooling and living there
Cost of immigration
Chances of survival irrespective of language
Cost of living there etc
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by HeWrites(m): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
sleekchiq:
NeyofeedNigEnt My sister I can see you mentioned 3 countries Canada, USA and UK.

USA is now 30 out of 100
UK let's say 50/50
Am I right?

Good luck my sister

Thanks so much neyofeednigent, I am very grateful but as it is, Canada schools are too expensive as I learnt. So I don't know if you know anything about Europe, Finland, Australia, Turkey, Norway, Ireland, Austra etc. I graduated with a second class lower and I went into baking, I have not worked so I guess that means I can't apply for express entry to Canada. I will appreciate it if you could help with details on Europe or anywhere I can move to for a year and then save up before I relocate elsewhere. God bless you

What about South Korea?
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by klexycole(m): 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
sleekchiq:
klexycole

Please can you throw more light on Europe.. Germany, Australia, Finland, France, Hungary, Ireland, Norway etc.

Schooling and living there
Cost of immigration
Chances of survival irrespective of language
Cost of living there etc

Cc Berliner1 Honourableseyi
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by Berliner1: 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
sleekchiq:

USA is now 30 out of 100
UK let's say 50/50
Am I right?

Good luck my sister

Why dont u work for few more years while you keep job hunting or look for more business you can diversify into?

Have you tried canada PR? Visit the tread. with your B.sc and age,you may stand a chance.

UK,Canada,Australia and Ireland Universities are very expensive and your resources constraint makes it practically impossible.
Turkey is also not tuition free and surviving in that country is not easy at all....except you are into illegal activity(Yahoo,drugs etc) and I wont advice such.Although the visa is easy to get but please dont go and waste your hard earned money

Finland and sweden is a good European country,unfortunately they have introduce school fees into their education system.However you can try country like Hungary(University of Debreben),Greece,Italy,Estonia because they still offer a relatively cheap university education

Please take note these three country are poor EU countries. Greece is still battling with financial crisis as they keep begging german government for more money,While Hungary offers you cheap education but very hard to find student jobs.But with Hungary or Greece student permit, you can tour the whole EU zone.

I can only recommend Germany if you have the resources(8700euro or Sponsorship letter) to obtain your visa.Germany is immigrant friendly and the chance of getting the visa is very high.

Worst case scenario ASK your pastor or imam if they have someone in GERMANY, plead for a sponsorship letter. They might do it for free or ask for some token.You can also visit facebook pages of some religion organization here.Catholic,Redeemers etc......Iknow people here who follow that path.

Anything you are doing,please guide and protect the fund you have Judiciously and avoid anything illegal.

God bless your hussle bro....

WINNERS DONT QUIT AND QUITTERS DONT WIN.

26 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by BarristerAlarig: 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
Rolly83:
@ op you can easily move to the Philippines or Greenland with that money. Its very easy process

Greenland?? As in the same Greenland that is part of Denmark
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by queendoreez(f): 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2018
Have you checked out European countries with affordable tuition fees? Countries like Portugal, Spain, Italy, Hungary, Austria.
With a million bucks you can check out schools in Portugal, especially, with fees as low as €2000/session for Masters and paid in 10 instalments.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
yankidelta:
sleekchiq XwRhm6HotlAB

Dafuq are these codes u keep mentioning people with? undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by sakanifemi123(m): 4:17am On Apr 26, 2018
if truly study in abroad is ur dream u can take a step but what u we do that u we be regreeting u dont nid to step to it doin wel in naija is very gud but goin abroad become a slave is it normal think wise my sister u can do anytin u want to here in naija and goin to abroad for tour when u have make it here in naija but if movin out is ur will GOD is ur strength
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by HeWrites(m): 6:45am On Apr 26, 2018
sakanifemi123:
if truly study in abroad is ur dream u can take a step but what u we do that u we be regreeting u dont nid to step to it doin wel in naija is very gud but goin abroad become a slave is it normal think wise my sister u can do anytin u want to here in naija and goin to abroad for tour when u have make it here in naija but if movin out is ur will GOD is ur strength

Please learn how to write and stop shortening words.

Your writeup gives one headache.

Go and arrest your English teacher

See below

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by sakanifemi123(m): 10:59am On Apr 26, 2018
ok, thank you to just give you advice, it is doest not mean to reply with abusive words. If you want to correct someone you have say it in a maner way, It is not your fault, it is mine that doesnt mind his own business that facing another person business. you can also count this one as a bad grammar it is your own story not mind, english is not my language it is just an official, so thank to God

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by krissconnect(m): 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
sakanifemi123:
ok, thank you to just give you advice, it is doest not mean to reply with abusive words. If you want to correct someone you have say it in a maner way, It is not your fault, it is mine that doesnt mind his own business that facing another person business. you can also count this one as a bad grammar it is your own story not mind, english is not my language it is just an official, so thank to God

Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
lucreziaborgia:
the way some of you talk is appalling. If you can't help then SHUT UP. perhaps you don't have the means of opportunity to leave 9ja. Sanctimonious Pharisee
Lool ;Dthis is the best comment I have read since I joined nairaland. People can't just mind their business sha.
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by HeWrites(m): 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
[quote author=krissconnect post=67045668][/quote]
cheesy
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by standfit5(m): 6:36pm On May 06, 2018
Berliner1:

Why dont u work for few more years while you keep job hunting or look for more business you can diversify into?

Have you tried canada PR? Visit the tread. with your B.sc and age,you may stand a chance.

UK,Canada,Australia and Ireland Universities are very expensive and your resources constraint makes it practically impossible.
Turkey is also not tuition free and surviving in that country is not easy at all....except you are into illegal activity(Yahoo,drugs etc) and I wont advice such.Although the visa is easy to get but please dont go and waste your hard earned money

Finland and sweden is a good European country,unfortunately they have introduce school fees into their education system.However you can try country like Hungary(University of Debreben),Greece,Italy,Estonia because they still offer a relatively cheap university education

Please take note these three country are poor EU countries. Greece is still battling with financial crisis as they keep begging german government for more money,While Hungary offers you cheap education but very hard to find student jobs.But with Hungary or Greece student permit, you can tour the whole EU zone.

I can only recommend Germany if you have the resources(8700euro or Sponsorship letter) to obtain your visa.Germany is immigrant friendly and the chance of getting the visa is very high.

Worst case scenario ASK your pastor or imam if they have someone in GERMANY, plead for a sponsorship letter. They might do it for free or ask for some token.You can also visit facebook pages of some religion organization here.Catholic,Redeemers etc......Iknow people here who follow that path.

Anything you are doing,please guide and protect the fund you have Judiciously and avoid anything illegal.

God bless your hussle bro....

WINNERS DONT QUIT AND QUITTERS DONT WIN.

@ Berliner1 : your response is timely for me. Italy public univs adm r secured already. Got 1 private in germany n still pushing for public. I hv tried to DM, kindly respond as i wld need to get private on a question pls. Tnks
Re: Please Help Me Decide!! by sleekchiq(f): 6:46pm On May 20, 2018
Please I want to apply for a masters degree program in Pablo de University in Madrid, it is a one year course and it costs about €900. The deadline is 5th June and the course starts in November, do you think it is too late to begin the application as the only requirement is to translate my degree to Spanish and write IELTS. if no, then please can someone guide me on the steps to take, thank you. Please I need suggestions as I don't want to do my masters in Nigeria.

I speak a little Spanish

Justwise
Berliner1
Honourableseyi
Queendoreez

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Wash Her Dirty Pants & Bra Everyday Like A Slave Just To Stay In America – Str / Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them / Any Us Citizen Or Green Card Holder Still Stuck In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.