Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun (20290 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust / Buhari Has Approved N10billion To Rebuild All Affected Nigerian Communities- VP / Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by seguno2: 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2018
hezy4real01:
My brother make God just save us for this country, different drama for each week

Do you mind explaining the details of how you want God to exactly save us for this country?

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by steveDpro: 1:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
eTECTIVe:
Na settlement to d lawmakers on behalf of d Presidency ...
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by CioAngels(f): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
phyllosilicate:
The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, has reacted to a PREMIUM TIMES report detailing how her ministry illegally approved N10 billion for the National Assembly.
The report, published on Friday, indicated that Mrs Adeosun released the billions to the lawmakers despite the N125billion appropriated for the federal legislature in the 2017 fiscal year for recurrent and capital expenditures.
The fund was arbitrarily approved for the lawmakers by the minister in collusion with the Accountant General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris.
Investigations by PREMIUM TIMES also showed that at least 44 of the 82 contractors the leadership of the National Assembly claimed they were owing were not registered on the National Database of Contractors, a database of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP). That means they are not eligible to be awarded federal contracts.
A further check by this newspaper revealed that 17 of the 44 firms were not even registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
In a statement by her media aide, Oluyinka Akintunde, Friday evening, the minister confirmed releasing the fund, but said her action remained legal.
Describing PREMIUM TIMES report as ‘defective,’ Mrs Adeosun claimed that warrants were issued before the billions were moved to the lawmakers.
“The attention of the Honourable Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, has been drawn to a smear campaign by an online medium, Premium Times, of “illegally sharing of N10 billion from the national treasury”.
“The Honourable Minister wishes to debunk the entire mischievous and made-up report of the online medium which negates the ethics and professionalism of journalism. The article displays a worrying lack of understanding of Appropriation, Payments and Control, and therefore be disregarded by the public.
“The Minister further wishes to state that warrants are issued in accordance with Appropriation and after due approval by the Cash Plan Committee chaired by the Minister.”

The statement however failed to explain the process of approval for such warrant.
The minister did not also address salient issues such as the release of funds outside the budget and award of contracts to unqualified companies.
Mrs Adeosun did not also explain why she failed to conduct further due diligence by asking for evidence that the contracts were duly awarded before she approved the funds for the lawmakers.
Another explanation the minister failed to make is why her ministry preferred to give N10billion of the N20billion allocated for the payments of federal contractors to the National Assembly which has a budget that covers all its recurrent and capital spendings

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/265722-why-i-gave-extra-n10billion-to-national-assembly-kemi-adeosun.html
Nigerian factor, how much did kemi get for approving the 10b? Nothing goes for nothing in Nigeria. Kemi, purge yourself.
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by bmfarm: 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
yomi96:
how can she? just like her boss, a failed polytechnic graduate, that plundered ogun state into debts and sold all the treasure bills. the only thing she is good at is using that stupid fake accent.
Kemi was born in 1967 in London, England to Nigerian parents from Ogun
State . [5] She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from the
University of East London and a Postgraduate Diploma in Public Financial
Management from the University of London . She qualified as a Chartered
Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales in
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by bmfarm: 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
edo3:
fake accent my brother,,bastard woman..
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by bmfarm: 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
MarieSucre:

Is Polytechnic graduate supposed to be an insult? na wa for Nigerians oo. We are our own worst enemies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State / Malami: I Didn’t Ignore Osinbajo’s Directives On APC Ward Congresses / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Will Speak In January - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.