Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late (26419 Views)

Five Events You Should Not Miss In Akwa Ibom / Upcoming Events You Will Not Like To Miss. / Norsemen Confraternity Members Attend Wedding Of Their Member With Swords.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by Olusharp(m): 5:00am On Apr 22, 2018
Back then as children, many people had the opportunity of being woken up by parents or guardians.

Some people got use to it that it became a part and parcel of them as adult, they expect someone to wake them up while at sleep.

This has also made some people get used to the act of getting late to any event or place.

Getting late to an event has become an habit to a number of people.

In Africa for example, there is something called ‘African Time.’

African Time means you don’t have to necessarily arrive at an event or place at the specified time.

Why?

Because there is always a general belief that the event wouldn’t start at the actual time stated.

In most cases in Africa, this is always true.

However, there are some events or places one should not make use of African time.

They include the following,

1. An Interview. They say first impression matters.

As a job seeker or applicants getting to a place for interview late or at an African time will not speak well to the employer.

2. Business meeting. Punctuality is the sole of business.

So arriving late for a business meeting when other business partners are seated shows such person is not a serious type.

3. Court of Law.

This is another place one must never arrive late especially if you are among the parties awaiting judgement.

Arriving late at the court of law could mean the earlier case could be postponed to a later date.

4. The class of a tough lecturer. Many students will agree to this fact.

There are some lecturers in tertiary institutions you daren’t enter their class when they are in.

5. Religion Houses. Though many people don’t take this serious.

As they have arrive at religious houses anytime that pleases them.

Another is on a wedding day, if one of the groom or the bride arrive late on their wedding ,a lot of fears would have arise prior to their arrival.

It is your wedding day nor a ‘shocking’ day.

Always remember to keep to time!

Source: https://thrillngr.com/2018/04/22/african-time-seven-places-events-never-attend-late/

2 Likes

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by Haniel18: 8:35am On Apr 22, 2018
God knows hw much I hate Africa time. I prefer getting to the venue few minutes to the schedule time and wait dan rushing to the venue. U will nw look so dis organize and confused, no chair to sit, no food to chop. Bleep dem late comers.
I can remember when I followed my mum to a wedding years back, she was just talking abt irrelevant tins with her friends until we got dere late, no chair to sit, the rice we manage to get add no meat. I was just angry throughout angry

11 Likes

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by DOUBLEWAHALA: 9:57am On Apr 22, 2018
the most important and dangerious one their is "court of law"

i have being there before

2 Likes

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by Sharon6(f): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2018
I remember Mr Onyemadu, a minute late and you won't enter his class. That lecturer ehn?

DARK KNUCKLES/DARK THIGH, CHECK MY SIGNATURE.

1 Like

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by snazzy5050(m): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2018
DOUBLEWAHALA:

Followed by a Lecturer’s class
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 22, 2018
angry
A date where you are expected to have sex. The girl can change her mind if you come late

14 Likes

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by MrAnele(m): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2018
okay
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 22, 2018
MrAnele:
okay
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by CriticMaestro: 10:36am On Apr 22, 2018
Coming late to a first date

1 Like

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by moscobabs(m): 10:36am On Apr 22, 2018
Viewing centre nko?

Yeye. its been part of africans to reach late to anywhere ,esp to the religion centres.
The only places they come early is Interview or when having contract of millions.
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 22, 2018
But its always right to check into a red light district late. That time, there would have been 50% reduction in prices grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by emmabest2000(m): 10:37am On Apr 22, 2018
One of the characteristics of women

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by Reelectbuhari: 10:38am On Apr 22, 2018
Olusharp:
Back then as children, many people had the opportunity of being woken up by parents or guardians.

Some people got use to it that it became a part and parcel of them as adult, they expect someone to wake them up while at sleep.

This has also made some people get used to the act of getting late to any event or place.

African Time means you don’t have to necessarily arrive at an event or place at the specified time.

Why?

Because there is always a general belief that the event wouldn’t start at the actual time stated.

However, there are some events or places one should not make use of African time.

As a job seeker or applicants getting to a place for interview late or at an African time will not speak well to the employer.

So arriving late for a business meeting when other business partners are seated shows such person is not a serious type.

3. Court of Law.

This is another place one must never arrive late especially if you are among the parties awaiting judgement.

Arriving late at the court of law could mean the earlier case could be postponed to a later date.

There are some lecturers in tertiary institutions you daren’t enter their class when they are in.

Another is on a wedding day, if one of the groom or the bride arrive late on their wedding ,a lot of fears would have arise prior to their arrival.

Source: https://thrillngr.com/2018/04/22/african-time-seven-places-events-never-attend-late/

I disagreee with 4 and 5
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by BOOMnaija(m): 10:38am On Apr 22, 2018
FortifiedCity:
angry
A date where you are expected to have sex. The girl can change her mind if you come late
Not wen ur sex tool drives her crazy.
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by BlackPantherxXx: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2018
"Your own funeral"

....so a wise man (ME) said

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by austertee01(m): 10:39am On Apr 22, 2018
And nobody has made mentioned of going late to an Embassy visa Appointment.

Many times I have seen people on the island arriving for Visa appointment interview slated for 9am as early as 6am grin

1 Like

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by MrHighSea: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2018
Lateness. How I despise it

1 Like

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 22, 2018
BOOMnaija:

Not wen ur sex tool drives her crazy.
I'm talking about first time
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by kalu61(m): 10:51am On Apr 22, 2018
Sharon6:
I remember Mr Onyemadu, a minute late and you won't enter his class. That lecturer ehn?

DARK KNUCKLES/DARK THIGH, CHECK MY SIGNATURE.
which school?
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by saxxyb: 11:34am On Apr 22, 2018
kalu61:
which school?
also Dr Andrew tafamel of UNIBEN
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by ascapella(m): 11:35am On Apr 22, 2018
Football Viewing Centre.

Especially on champions league night.

You go stand las las.
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by ebig21(m): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2018
this champions league own na true, Barcelona v Chelsea if you go forty minutes early you still come late

4 Likes

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by stano2(m): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2018
5. Viewing centre : you'll have to stand all through the match or sit with half part of the nyash.

6. Owambe party: If food and drinks finish before you arrive OYO is ur case.

3 Likes

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by phemsie(m): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2018
Most important is visa interview, there u will see ppl passing the night at embassy's gate, just to be early enough.

2 Likes

Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by sheddo619(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
ebig21:
this champions league own na true, Barcelona v Chelsea if you go forty minutes early you still come late
rather its Barcelona vs Real madrid
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
Olusharp:

Why?

3. Court of Law.

Coming late to the embassy can be disastrous too. I once experienced it .God just took control that day smiley
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by fortune1968: 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
FortifiedCity:
angry
when will you be serious ?
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
Your funeral... Don't be late grin grin
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by maxiuc(m): 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
cheesy
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by Jabioro: 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
DOUBLEWAHALA:

Especially if you are on bail/defendant,the Magistrate or the judge would issue your enemy bench warrant.
Re: African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late by chiboy1116: 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
Nah ....barca vs Chelsea might just b d biggest match in Nigeria ...pple de too much ....u HV to be 1hr early . ..
sheddo619:
rather its Barcelona vs Real madrid

(1) (Reply)

Wish 5 Romanacelander A Happy New Month / Bride Warns Her Friend Not To Outshine Her: "Don't Dance More Than Me" / Woman Shares Condoms At Her Child's Dedication In Asaba (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.