Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread - NYSC (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread (204844 Views)

Prospective NYSC 2019 Batch B Corps Members Thread / NYSC 2019 Batch A Corps Members Thread / NYSC 2018 Batch C Corps Members Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by wealthyoptimist(m): 4:07am On Aug 23, 2018
Coolgasman:
pls can i travel on 27 cos of early registration? wil they allow PCM to enter the camp on 27?
yes you can, i will advise you to so u can get the best bed spaces.
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Gerrard59(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
With few days to Batch B stream 2 camp date, there will be lots of travelling from various places to camps nationwide. I wish you all safe journey. I had same almost a month ago. However, there's one thing I'll advise:

Don't ever use The Young Shall Grow Motors when travelling. Their incompetence is legendary! Don't, I reiterate. For your sanity, money and comfort. You have been cautioned.

Regards.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Kenturkey048(m): 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Coolgasman:
pls can i travel on 27 cos of early registration? wil they allow PCM to enter the camp on 27?
Am also travelling on the 27th irrespective of wher am being posted to.
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Kenturkey048(m): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2018
*IMPORTANT INFO*

PMCs are to check their dashboard today for any necessary corrections.

*_Friday_* *24th August:*
Printing of callup-letter.

*_Saturday_* *25th August:*
Arrangements of your personal documents and photocopying of the necessary ones.

*_Sunday_* *26th August:*

Go to Mosque/ Church, pay visit to those you will miss till after orientation camp. Start your journey.

*_Monday_* *27th August:*
Depart to your state of deployment for people traveling far. This will help you out of rush stress.

*_Tuesday and Wednesday_* *28th and 29th August:*
Arrival to camp and clearance.

*_Thursday_* *30th August:*
Swearing in ceremony.

_Enjoy your camp and learn the necessary things you need to while in camp._

NB: Not all who have successfully registered will be posted please. Have it in mind and thank God if you got posted. Remember that November is not far in case you want to feel heartbroken if you don't get your callup-letter.

*Safe trip to your various states of deployment... Amen!*

*kenturkey cares*

4 Likes

Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Okebarn: 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
Kenturkey048:
*IMPORTANT INFO*

Go to Mosque/ Church, pay visit to those you will miss till after orientation camp. Start your journey.

Depart to your state of deployment for people traveling far. This will help you out of rush stress.

Swearing in ceremony.

NB: Not all who have successfully registered will be posted please. Have it in mind and thank God if you got posted. Remember that November is not far in case you want to feel heartbroken if you don't get your callup-letter.

*kenturkey cares*
pls can you help with the whatsapp group for this set, that carries all states. I want to join my propose states
thanks
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Thatnawtichick(f): 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
Kenturkey048:
*IMPORTANT INFO*

Swearing in ceremony.

*kenturkey cares*
We are not many. So everyone is going

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by ademola020(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2018
Not every one will go..that has always been the practice of nysc
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by BlessingAmaka: 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
eseflive234:

Amaka, kindly reply....Abi do you want to disappoint me just as you disappointed 2Face grin grin
. Lol ok I've just replied.
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Thatnawtichick(f): 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
ademola020:
Not every one will go..that has always been the practice of nysc
Its different this time.. We are not many and we are using just 19 camps... Check @officialnyscng on twitter

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by eseflive234: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2018
BlessingAmaka:
. Lol ok I've just replied.

You didn't answer the Question na, I wanted to know if you later registered online
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by ugopeter(m): 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
cool

Check my profile picture for more information regarding travelling to Camp
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Olowogbogboro17: 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hello all,

My brother's call-up letter did not indicate his state of deployment.

The letter printed has 'Corp members personal details' as the header.

Kindly advise.

Note: He is a foreign student.
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by CampDirectTrave: 8:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
....straight to Camp

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Olowogbogboro17: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:
Hello all,

Kindly advise.

Please i need an advise.

He is in Lagos at the moment
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by thenaijerian: 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
Has the guy done it for you?
koyeni:

Okay.. Tnx
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by koyeni(m): 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
thenaijerian:
Has the guy done it for you?
I'm in school.. Learnt its free there so i opted for dt
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Olowogbogboro17: 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:
Hello all,

Kindly advise.

Helllooooo
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Kenturkey048(m): 3:38am On Aug 24, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:

Helllooooo
are u sure u aint mistaking green card for call up letter?
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Mosuntemi: 3:47am On Aug 24, 2018
I think i'll have to wait till Batch C
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Jolabo: 3:57am On Aug 24, 2018
Waiting
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Frankted: 4:16am On Aug 24, 2018
After receiving your call-up letter, you are expected to report to the orientation camp of the state you are posted to on the date specified on the letter. You will reside there for a period of 3 weeks. It could either be THE BEST 3 WEEKS OF YOUR LIFE or THE WORST 3 WEEKS OF YOUR LIFE. The choice is totally yours.
Most people say that it is advisable to get to camp on the second day and third day so as to avoid the hustle. From my experience, arriving early actually paid off for me. It wasn’t like I arrived by 6am but at least I got to camp by noon.
Now this advice varies from camp to camp. Those camps that are always filled up like Lagos, Ogun, Abuja, Oyo etc. are always crazy on the first day. My camp was smooth and easy-going, maybe because I was just lucky.
Let’s start the process together …….continue reading
PART 1: ARRIVING AT CAMP
I was surprised to know that some people arrived at camp the day before so as to get good accommodation and maybe some to bypass the hustle. At my camp I can say it didn’t pay from my perspective.
When you enter camp, just start embracing strength and endurance for 3 weeks. You would be directed to the Police post where your luggage would be checked so as to ensure everyone complies with expectations of what not to bring to camp. You would write your name and be given a number that is very important during the registration period, so do not misplace it. I almost did .God saved me. Luckily for me the soldier that I met to search mine didn’t even do that so I didn’t waste time. Always have your documents handy and ready at any stand or post for registration. Also always have a biro and your passport ready as to avoid insult and embarrassment from officials.
PART 2: ACCOMODATION
This was kind of easy at my camp then. I got in line with other female otondos. Mine took place near the female hostel. I wrote my name after showing them my temporary number that was issued to me at the police post. Then I was directed to a room to pick up a mattress. You shouldn’t expect comfort o. The bed was so flat that I just adjusted my mind to take whatever was given.
Then from collection of mattress you will be directed to your rooms for the 3 weeks. The mattress that would be given is nothing to write about. I’m sure they are up to 20 years old. They are just an inch thick. This is very important and this is where you have to be smart to get a good one. I was with my friends and we wanted to stay together but the official there was forming work. Alas, we got to stay near each other. If you know you can’t tolerate people and their behaviors, it is advisable you take the upper bunk. Top bunkers have to either keep their stuff on their bed, on the side of the bed, or ask if their bunk mate to share their space under the bed. But if you want the comfort of the down bunk no problem. An advantage of the down bunk is that you could store your stuff (suitcase, buckets, etc.) under the bed. Be smart about it. Most people always fight for that space though. I chose the bottom bunk because I didn’t want to worry about hopping on and off. This process can vary from camp to camp and also depending on when you arrive at camp. Also most of the bunks there are spoilt so just get ready to accept anything. You have no choice.
PART 3: REGISTRATION
Always ask questions to avoid mistakes and insults o. Ensure your files and documents are with you at every point in time. Firstly, check for where your school number is then when you hear that number you go there and do some clarification, this can be called Issuance of Counterfoil. Or it could be different. Well I can’t really recall every step but I know that the queue wasn’t that long. It took me 2 hours to finish up. Your call-up letter would be clarified for originality and authentication by UV / Mercury Light verification, you will be taking another passport regardless of the ones you have for the computer registration and verification process. Then this is where you would be given your permanent state code number for the whole service year. Ensure you fill whatever forms that would be issued to you correctly. Avoid mistakes.
PART 4: KIT COLLECTION AND PLATOON REGISTRATION
This is the last phase. It’s where you collect your NYSC issued kits to you. This can be very annoying in the sense that you can hardly be given your size. I was given a big shoe and extra-large outfits. Those that get early enough had collected the reasonable sizes; I guess that is an advantage of coming early. The kits that would be given to you at first are the pair of tennis shoes and pair of jungle boots. You could then look for someone to exchange with – for example, if your shoes are too big, you might be able to find someone with big feet who was given a smaller size, and then swap. If you are lucky (and that’s extremely lucky), you might just find your exact size.
You would then have to locate your platoon stand. Your Platoon number is the last digit of your state code. For instance if your given state code number is 0503, then you are in platoon 3. Every corper is attached to a platoon and most of your activities including morning drills, competitions would be conducted according to platoons.
This is like you nuclear family for the 3 weeks. Here you would fill some forms, then will be given a pair of the NYSC khaki Trouser and jacket + belts, 2 white t-shirts, 2 white shorts and 2pairs of socks and NYSC crested vest. You would be given some small booklets like Camp Schedule, the NYSC anthem, rules and regulations, etc.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by NathanOG: 4:28am On Aug 24, 2018
Can't login
Re: NYSC 2018 Batch B Corps Members Thread by Avrine: 4:37am On Aug 24, 2018
Anybody seen anything on their portal

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (113) (Reply)

NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2018 Batch C Corps Members Thread / NYSC Mobilization: General Complaints And Enquiries Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.