Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:20 AM

Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? (2085 Views)

For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? / Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? / Gear Problems: Toyota Camry 2005 Model, 4 Plug Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by ultron12345: 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
I want to buy a car and I learnt it has a 5-plug engine. I am hearing this for the first time as I am only used to 4 and 6 plug.

What is special about this one and are there any major disadvantages when compared to 4 and 6 plug engines.
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by Jazzlite: 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
I hear it's better than the 6 cylinder ones. . more space for repair works.
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by ultron12345: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2018
Jazzlite:
I hear it's better than the 6 cylinder ones. . more space for repair works.
ok.More information is welcome.
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by diportivo: 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2018
ultron12345:
I want to buy a car and I learnt it has a 5-plug engine. I am hearing this for the first time as I am only used to 4 and 6 plug.

What is special about this one and are there any major disadvantages when compared to 4 and 6 plug engines.

bros

buy and enjoy ur car

5 cylinder is just one more Dan the 4 cylinder u know,and one less than the 6cyl u know

it's a Volvo....it cld either be turbocharged or not....that shld be what u wld wanna actually find out

2 Likes

Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by ultron12345: 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
diportivo:

bros

buy and enjoy ur car

5 cylinder is just one more Dan the 4 cylinder u know,and one less than the 6cyl u know

it's a Volvo....it cld either be turbocharged or not....that shld be what u wld wanna actually find out
ok thanks. More opinions welcome.
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by kingreign(m): 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
ultron12345:

If it's a Ford focus avoid it. If it's a Volvo GO for it. But ensure it's a turbo engine variant.
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by sultaan(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
I-5 is good engine and easy just like I-4 buy and enjoy
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by rudepen(m): 12:45am On Apr 23, 2018
As long as its Volvo, you need not worry.. just make sure its turbo charged.
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by sultaan(m): 2:20am On Apr 23, 2018
rudepen:
As long as its Volvo, you need not worry.. just make sure its turbo charged.

Less duct work less problem.

Engine with th turbo is more powerful but the one without will be less issues to deal with, our people use bad engine oils and run short on oil, all these cause turbo failure
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 23, 2018
Volvo has been in the automobile industry since 1927.

If they decide to manufacture a 5cyl engine then there must be a viable reason behind it.

I drive a 5 cylinder Jetta and it has never hiccuped.

Just "buy" the car, not the manufacturer or the seller.

1 Like

Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by valarinz: 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2018
ultron12345:

I know everyone who sights this my moniker will already have an idea what I'm about to say, so.......

cheesy
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by mayor2013: 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
valarinz:

I know everyone who sights this my moniker will already have an idea what I'm about to say, so.......

cheesy

What else do you want to say grin go for it of course. I respect Volvo been working on an s80 2007. I can confirm everything about it has been lovely

1 Like

Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by kingreign(m): 12:31am On Apr 25, 2018
valarinz:

cheesy
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by RZArecta2(m): 4:23am On Apr 25, 2018
valarinz:

cheesy
I think I recall you advising against buying the turbo versions
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by valarinz: 7:53am On Apr 25, 2018
RZArecta2:
I think I recall you advising against buying the turbo versions

Not on S60 cars, you weren't paying close attention I suppose. I advised against the turbo only on

S40/V40 2000-2004 models
S80 T6 below 2006 models
XC90 T6 03/04 models

The turbo on all other Volvo series are superb

3 Likes

Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by valarinz: 7:58am On Apr 25, 2018
mayor2013:

What else do you want to say grin go for it of course. I respect Volvo been working on an s80 2007. I can confirm everything about it has been lovely

That car has even been badly kazeemized before it was brought to your workshop, serially abused and now just basically a drain on owners pocket. If it were a healthier one that was brought to you, then you'll just apply for visa to Sweden to join the Volvo team sharply wink
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by mayor2013: 8:37am On Apr 25, 2018
valarinz:

That car has even been badly kazeemized before it was brought to your workshop, serially abused and now just basically a drain on owners pocket. If it were a healthier one that was brought to you, then you'll just apply for visa to Sweden to join the Volvo team sharply wink

Am not sure if it's same owner had changed transmission 4 times bought transmission fluid for 180k when it came to my workshop I discovered 2 litres of transmission fluid as against 8litres (standard). The transmission survive on 2 litres shocked shocked down to my workshop. I am really optimistic the future of automobiles lie within the hands of the Europeans. The likes of Toyota's Honda and the rest wouldn't have survived this. I dough my hat for the Europeans cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by RZArecta2(m): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2018
valarinz:

Not on S60 cars, you weren't paying close attention I suppose. I advised against the turbo only on

S40/V40 2000-2004 models
S80 T6 below 2006 models
XC90 T6 03/04 models

The turbo on all other Volvo series are superb
Oh ok, I thought it covered all Volvo turbo engines. In that case, I won't have issues with parts and mechanics then (Port Harcourt)

1 Like

Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by valarinz: 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2018
mayor2013:

Am not sure if it's same owner had changed transmission 4 times bought transmission fluid for 180k when it came to my workshop I discovered 2 litres of transmission fluid as against 8litres (standard). The transmission survive on 2 litres shocked shocked down to my workshop. I am really optimistic the future of automobiles lie within the hands of the Europeans. The likes of Toyota's Honda and the rest wouldn't have survived this. I dough my hat for the Europeans cheesy wink

It's the same car na, the owner asked me before he took it to you, silver color car with black interior..patched up front bumper too, owner is a pastor
Re: Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? by mayor2013: 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2018
valarinz:

It's the same car na, the owner asked me before he took it to you, silver color car with black interior..patched up front bumper too, owner is a pastor

Very correct

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Know Its Not A Stolen Vehicle? / Check Out This Number Plate Seen In Lagos.. PHOTO / 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.