Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter (38396 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by kifeyous(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
oga ooo...na 'wife' in bio be this one problem.. mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by koladebrainiac(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
I already made like this earlier n they wont post it

Oga ooo
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by blackgold90(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
who is amada?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by tribalmall: 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
Here we go with another foolish talk. Oof what business is it if another being choose what pleases her to be identified as ? Some people are just sick.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by AyakaDunukofia: 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
It's unfortunate that ladies whom Chimamanda can't clean their shoes reminded her that relationships matters, and by implication, women in marriage should recognize that they are in such.

"Women should be able to celebrate both their accomplishments and relationships" Hilary Clinton.

"It wont matter if you're got a raise...And you don't value relationships" Barbara Bush.

I think Chimamanda has learnt her lessons. She better watch the caliber of women she throws that Mgbeke Abba feminist questions to next tme.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
Na wa, these feminists are always looking to start wahala

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Klington: 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
what sort of Amebo busness center is that......
So she cannot add her choice title in peace again

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by SoNature(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
This lady don dey kolo with feminism

Imagine a married woman still bearing 'Ms'

And her husband doesn't have a problem with that

If my wife tries that, I will send her packing

If u are not willing to be under a man, why did u accept to marry?

God made man the leader of the home; we didn't make it. We just met it like that. In life everything we do requires leadership to have a sense of direction.

Even in heaven, God is the head/leader

12 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by aalangel(f): 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
Chimamanda is very stupid!!!!! sad sad sad sad sad

11 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
Chai. This Chimamanda disgusts me. Yet she gets fvcked by a dick. sad

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Elparaiso(m): 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
Feminism is about women having choices, not decisions imposed on them by the menfolk.

If Hillary chooses to be a wife, that's super duper cool.
If Adichie chooses to be a cat lady, also cool; she doesn't have to question Hillary's choice.

9 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Adefemiaderoju1: 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
Is there anything wrong in what Hillary Clinton said she's a wife, a mother so what's the big deal here chimamanda should go and sit down joooo.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by marvin905(m): 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
SHES OVERDOING THIS THING SHA

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Crixina(f): 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
sinaj:
Smh!

She lost it this time.
Not just this time

To me, the definition of s successful person(male or female) is how much you have been able to balance it in all you have chosen to do.
I dream of a world where people will no more be defined by certain appendages but truth be told Chimamanda is beginning to sound like a broken record.

8 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by andyanders: 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
African mentality. Adichie, it is like you don't have respect for your husband. Hillary described herself as a wife as it should be first because, she is married to a wonderful man/husband.

Adichie, I respect your personality, but I think it is like you have lost your brain to pen and nothing else. Wife must be submissive to her husband and should respect her husband.

Mrs Clinton, you have my respect for having gotten to a position that you once in your life,contested the highest position in your life as to become the Number one citizen of the world- America and still respects your husband is a plus in your life time.

Allow Adichie and her believe be.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Foodforthought: 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
kingthreat:
Feminists are a disgusting set of women. They just make me want to puke.
Is she trying to mock an institution which has been in existence since creation? She thinks she's intelligent. She got shiit for brains
That is why I always say that feminism is the Devil's secret weapon to destroy marriage and family

10 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Crixina(f): 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
Crixina:
Not just this time

To me, the definition of a successful person(male or female) is how much you have been able to balance it in all you have chosen to do.
I dream of a world where people will no more be defined by certain appendages but truth be told Chimamanda is beginning to sound like a broken record.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Crixina(f): 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
[quote author=Crixina post=66964662]Not just this time

To me, the definition of a successful person(male or female) is how much you have been able to balance it in all you have chosen to do.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
Overrated, by the time they are through making her relevant, or the day she speaks out of script is when her realization of being a liberal tool would set it,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Crixina(f): 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
Not just this time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by dayowunmi(m): 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
And why do you feel the need to question however someone decides to design their Twitter profile? Go and put husband on your own madam. Let's hear word
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by kingthreat(m): 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
Foodforthought:

That is why I always say that feminism is the Devil's secret weapon to destroy marriage and family

I agree. It doesn't try to equalize the woman. It tries to demasculate the man

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Alake76(m): 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
Please mind your business and leave the Clinton alone

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by titsqueez(m): 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
Thus he/she has taken her brand of feminism to some other level. This one fit slap man for walking next to her

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Sterope(f): 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
Chimamanda is getting way out of hand.

I hate to say this but Barbara Bush was right.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by BENARI: 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
Sorry to say this, but she irritates me. I don't know btw my wife and I, who hates her more.

Knowledge truly puffs up.

Arrogance!

8 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Mofpearl: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
I don't agree with chimamanda on this one. I also don't see why she would get upset that Hilary Clinton identifies herself as a wife. I don't see anything wrong with Hilary identifiying herself as a wife first. It is her right and choice and there is nothing wrong with that.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by saintol(m): 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
What do you think she should write there if not a "wife", or she should write concubine? You wan fall my hand abi. I don't even know what someone will do in this life to please you people. Person marry jejely write wife for her bio, you dey complain. If she never marry, you go still dey complain say as she old so she never marry. If she slay it, you go say na slaymama, why na? Problem starts when some people do not really know when, where and how to mind their business on some issues. They will just be moving from right to centre, left to right... Na wetin na, leave the person wey dey live hin life to live am na. If you no kunkun wan live your own life as wife, na wetin concern me na. She has her life and you have yours. You see we just have to live this life in the way it will bring happiness to us. If she has found happiness in being a wife,good luck, and if you find yours in something else, na you know. ko kan aiye ooo

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Solexy96(m): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
Seems like this modern day feminism doesn't give freedom of opinion to women.
What's wrong with a woman describing herself as a wife among other things? Trying to refer to how her husband described himself without including husband is silly.
The fact that you are a strong woman doesn't mean that you should take everything that doesn't infringe on your rights 'hardly'.
Chimamanda Adichie didn't try on this. It's the same thing Emma Watson did when she was querying Beyonce's fashion, saying it's very appealing to the masculine gender. What's their problem?

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Ranchhoddas: 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
Very irritating woman.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
SoNature:
This lady don dey kolo with feminism

Imagine a married woman still bearing 'Ms'

And her husband doesn't have a problem with that

If my wife tries that, I will send her packing

If u are not willing to be under a man, why did u accept to marry?

God made man the leader of the home; we didn't make it. We just met it like that. In life everything we do requires leadership to have a sense of direction.

Even in heaven, God is the head/leader
If she pays a part of the rent you can't drive her because you both own the house.You are so quick to remember your holybook but you forget your duty to your wife.Leadership is by example and it is service and a leader must please his or her followers.Read on Christian egalitarianism.Some people actually practice egalitarianism your joystick doesn't really make you a leader in the 21st century world.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by kbdrim(m): 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
Chimamanda has an over inflated opinion of herself. While I admit she has achieved a thing or two as a novelist. She's not a Wole Soyinka or a China Achebe. I consider myself an avid reader and I can't even bring myself to read her books as I consider them pedestrian at best. With the Taylor Caldwells, Elizabeth Taylor, Ludlums and the likes she is at best a wannabe. Yet these legends never tried to impose their opinions on others. Her brand of feminism is not well thought out. IMO she has some complex that is projecting a lot of this.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diary Of A Pastor's Son (18+) / Murica: My River Wife / Random Campus True Life Stories .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.