Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,599 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter (38397 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by prechbills1(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
How on earth did you know it was me.I didn't directly speak on what chimamanda said.She should leave Hillary alone it is her life and choice.Same way she chose to answer miss and no one complained about it.

hippo I knew it was you the day you created this account cooldon't be scared
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Xisnin(m): 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
amicable09:
Chimamanda! Even Maya Angelou didn't allow fame make a fool of her. You have your best years still ahead, concentrate on your work please.

I hate to admit that at this rate, more of this will happen in the months to come.

You've written to your friend, Ijeawele on how to raise a feminist daughter. I expect you to channel your energy into releasing a new fiction rather than speaking and questioning real life issues as she though they were happening in novels.

It's sad to see her falling this way.
I hope she releases a good book soon enough to keep her readership.

She is falling because she wants to emancipate you?
SMH
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Buffalowings3(m): 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
Adichie
You Don dey climb too much

Wetin consign you

Gbeborun

Mind your business

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2018
styless:
The Big Problem With Feminism:

http://www.dnbstories.com/2018/01/big-problem-with-modern-day-feminism.html?m=1
I read the article it is nice that is radical feminism.I believe or support some feministic views.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Talknochip(m): 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2018
Smh.... an Oyinbo wannabe doin more dan d Oyinbo!

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by ApostleLucifer: 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2018
dominique:
Her biography, her business. Do your own bio and present it however you like. These feminists and their wahala sef

I had to login just to quote this.

Well, well, well, do mine eyes deceive me? Someone received some serious dick dose over the weekend shocked shocked shocked

I'm sorry, are you renouncing your feminism?

Make it clear please.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by sinaj(f): 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
Xisnin:

[b]Marriage is not a reason to put yourself down, [/b]even if you do, it doesn't guarantee a successful relationship.
I don't know why you guys think a wife must be subservient before she can have a stable home.
I know a man who quit his job because his wife got transferred.
The key is getting someone who thinks like you do.
I dnt gerit.

How did she put herself down?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
prechbills1:

you are smart even greiboy noticed it.Thanks.I am not scared of anyone not to talk of a faceless person.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by amicable09(f): 5:26pm On Apr 23, 2018
Xisnin:

She is falling because she wants to emancipate you?
SMH
I'm sorry but I lost my dictionary this morning.
What does emancipate mean?

From my night school lessons, I think you are trying to say liberate or to free me from sth.

In whose prison am I?
Men's prison cheesy cheesy cheesy
SMH

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by obieblaq1: 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
Adichie don't make me lose my respect for you.
Be warned!
Your feminism is is gradually becoming corrupted with stupidity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
prechbills1:

You are smart greiboy noticed it.I am not scared of anyone not to talk of a faceless person.Thanks.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by prechbills1(m): 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
you are smart even greiboy noticed it.Thanks.I am not scared of anyone not to talk of a faceless person.

I'm not faceless... at least my pic is up on my dp...

You better switch to hippolytta cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by BabaRamota1980: 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
edmaraja:
And what is there to be ashamed of in being a good wife and a good mother?

In America if you want to become household name you find one of their rights movements (there are thousands of them) and join that bandwagon and then you agitate its strong points but you rise to limelight by finding established and accomplished personalities to harass with your agitations.

Feminine right activists put on an air of advocating gender equality but in truth what they do is demolish all the institutions of honor associated with marriage and motherhood. They took away the use of Mrs. as a designation for married women. Married women and single women can now enjoy same amount in leave of absence for reasons of family or household members. Pets now qualify as a family member.

All the differentiators between a married womand a single woman has been eroded. This attack on women that identify as wife, mother on their bio is the next agitation. They will use it to harass high profile married women until society is no longer able to distinguish in an interview or publication who is a wife and who is not. Then they will politicise it in a way that it is not acceptable for a woman to call herself wife anymore. If a woman comes on air and identify as a wife there will be media attacks against her.

This is how these demons called feminists operate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
prechbills1:

I'm not faceless... at least my pic is up on my dp...
You better switch to hippolytta cheesy
I am using both.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Xisnin(m): 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
amicable09:

I'm sorry but I lost my dictionary this morning.
What does emancipate mean?

From my night school lessons, I think you are trying to say liberate or to free me from sth.

In whose prison am I?
Men's prison cheesy cheesy cheesy
SMH
I intentionally use emancipate to convey a stronger literal sense of being freed.
No, it is not men's prison, it is a self-built mental prison.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by bukatyne(f): 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
Solexy96:
Seems like this modern day feminism doesn't give freedom of opinion to women.
What's wrong with a woman describing herself as a wife among other things? Trying to refer to how her husband described himself without including husband is silly.
The fact that you are a strong woman doesn't mean that you should take everything that doesn't infringe on your rights 'hardly'.
Chimamanda Adichie didn't try on this. It's the same thing Emma Watson did when she was querying Beyonce's fashion, saying it's very appealing to the masculine gender. What's their problem?

Who should Beyonce appeal to?

Women?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by bukatyne(f): 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
This is a huge miss Chiamanda.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Foodforthought: 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
kingthreat:

I agree. It doesn't try to equalize the woman. It tries to demasculate the man
Exactly. They are not concerned with raising their level and standard but just want to make men bring down down theirs and fall to their level.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
Waoh I Neva Knew Chimamanda's Foolishness Has Escalated To Dis Level O....Damn It, Her Husband Is Really Enduring O Coz Her Arrogance Will Be Incomprehensible

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by xynerise: 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
Feminists are confused mofos. Only dumb women will applaud what she wrote. Whether you indicate it or not, you are still a WIFE

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Xisnin(m): 5:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
sinaj:
I dnt gerit.

How did she put herself down?

I don't agree with Chima because Clinton made her choice apparently.
Clinton didn't put herself down, my reply was to the overtly negative reaction to Chima's suggestion.

How did not using "wife" in a bio or preaching feminism makes someone a home breaker or a non-proud wife?

My point is that a woman's life choices shouldn't be constrained by the desire to remain married
at all cost because that is too shallow a path to take and she will be putting herself down if she does.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by prechbills1(m): 5:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
I am using both.
hippo hippo... primitive minds are very many on nairaland, aren't you worried?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Franzinni: 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
Have you forgotten leah sharibu?!
If you have

Shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
prechbills1:

hippo hippo... primitive minds are very many on nairaland, aren't you worried?
I can't be worried.If they are too stupid I ignore their mentions.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by David160(m): 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
I hate feminists

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Xisnin(m): 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

In America if you want to become household name you find one of their rights movements (there are thousands of them) and join that bandwagon and then you agitate its strong points but you rise to limelight by finding established and accomplished personalities to harass with your agitations.

Feminine right activists put on an air of advocating gender equality but in truth what they do is demolish all the institutions of honor associated with marriage and motherhood. They took away the use of Mrs. as a designation for married women. Married women and single women can now enjoy same amount in leave of absence for reasons of family or household members. Pets now qualify as a family member.

All the differentiators between a married womand a single woman has been eroded. This attack on women that identify as wife, mother on their bio is the next agitation. They will use it to harass high profile married women until society is no longer able to distinguish in an interview or publication who is a wife and who is not. Then they will politicise it in a way that it is not acceptable for a woman to call herself wife anymore. If a woman comes on air and identify as a wife there will be media attacks against her.

This is how these demons called feminists operate.

How does the society benefits by a woman calling herself "wife"?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
She wants to carry this Feminism nonsense on her head.

You can't be more Catholic than the pope.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by yvelchstores(f): 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
I am so happy you do not inspire me chimamanda. It will remain that way till Jesus comes. Foolish feminism

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by Eagba(m): 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
This girl don't feel inferior as a person at allll. She's even more bold than most american negros. Luv you plenty

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by prechbills1(m): 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
I can't be worried.If they are too stupid I ignore their mentions.

haha.. see you later✌
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by dominique(f): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
ApostleLucifer:

I had to login just to quote this.

Well, well, well, do mine eyes deceive me? Someone received some serious dick dose over the weekend shocked shocked shocked

I'm sorry, are you renouncing your feminism?

Make it clear please.

You must be mistaking me for someone else.
I have never claimed to be a feminist though I do speak against domestic violence.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter by amicable09(f): 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
Xisnin:

I intentionally use emancipate to convey a stronger literal sense of being freed.
No, it is not men's prison, it is a self-built mental prison.
Self-built mental prison. Lol
I'm impressed! cheesy

I'll love to hear more. My mind is locked
Because I do not agree with Chimamanda on this one?
I already know how I'll introduce myself in ten years time and I don't need some lady who shuttles between her home in Maryland and Lagos to tell me how it should be.

If that doesn't go well with anyone, then the person should lock himself or herself up.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diary Of A Pastor's Son (18+) / Murica: My River Wife / Random Campus True Life Stories .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.