Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

You Shouldn't Let The Fact Be Your Truth. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Shouldn't Let The Fact Be Your Truth. (382 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner / Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Father, Sanctify Us By Your Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Shouldn't Let The Fact Be Your Truth. by Chidex2176: 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
Growing up as a teenager I always thought that FACT and the TRUTH meant the same thing, and could also be used interchangeably. I thought the FACT was always the TRUTH and I feel you too might think the same way. Even the dictionary shares the same view; it defines TRUTH as the conformation to reality or FACT while FACT means something that is real. If the dictionary could share the same view then who am I to contradict that.
This ideology grew with me until one day I fell across a popular bible story about David and Goliath. This is a popular bible story about a philistine warrior who made the camp of Israel shake in fear. Goliath was a champion among the philistine, he was 9 feet tall and he was highly equipped to attack and also equipped to defend himself. Now you see why the camp of Israel was afraid. With all this, Goliath was defeated by a boy whose job was to take care of his father’s sheep. David has never fought any war battle before and he wasn’t equipped like Goliath, his only weapon was a sling and stones.
If you were watching a wrestling match and it was between David and Goliath and you were asked to put your money on someone, I guess it should be Goliath. The FACT is no way was he going to defeat Goliath but the TRUTH is he did. We leave in a realistic world and we are forced to think in the realm of reality and be factual. There was many discouragement by David’s brothers not to go and fight in this battle but He still did. The brothers discouraged him because the reality is David was no match against Goliath. The fact; Sarah shouldn’t have been given birth at the age of 90 but the truth is she gave birth.
Whatever people have said to you, maybe that you won’t be able to accomplish your heart desire or you won’t succeed or you might not be healed of a disease and in reality it looks like that. My advice is don’t let people or the world reality or fact be your own truth. Always believe that God can rescue you from any pain or depression or whatever you face, after all He is the truth and the life, so he has the final say. You just have to believe is possible and everything will work for your good. Always try to walk and work and think in the truth.

LIKE AND SHARE TO GIVE HOPE TO SOMEONE WHO FEELS THERE IS NO HOPE. THANK YOU

To get more articles like this click the link below.
http://afriyo.com/the-fact-shouldnt-be-your-truth
Re: You Shouldn't Let The Fact Be Your Truth. by obinna58(m): 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2018
The fact is that Goliath was a champion among the philistine, he was 9 feet tall and he was highly equipped to attack and also equipped to defend himself and David has never fought any war battle before and he wasn’t equipped like Goliath, his only weapon was a sling and stones agreed

Now How can an unconfirmed result be a fact

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn't Let The Fact Be Your Truth. by Chidex2176: 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
Facts are also based on observation. The reality to be faced and it also means Something concrete used as a basis for further interpretation.
Based on the statue of Goliath couples with his experience, there was no way David would have beaten Goliath

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

May Global Communion Service With Pastor Chris — Month Of Favour. / Vision : The Pathway To Glorious Destiny In Life! / Ofm Rhema For Living Daily Devotional 17/05/2018 Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.