Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:30 AM

Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub (8978 Views)

MTN Scam Or Politics? Can't View Whatsapp Status With MTN Sub / Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? / Mtn Sub As Lower Rate For Both New And Old Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by ikbnice(m): 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
My guys, no need to sweat over it. We have conditioned ourselves to using 1.5G and 2G sub. So, 1G sub will zap faster than we think. I personally made a research on this and discover that the data seem to zap faster even if you restrict background data. The solution I came up with is Mobiwol. Just download it and restrict all app including system apps and you gonna enjoy your data for a longer time. The app is equipped with data usage too to monitor your apps' data consumption rate.
NB: Don't stream any media, better to download it.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by imam07: 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
KulKid:
First of all dis is in no way trying to spoil anybody biz,but nw we live in a country whr data price is going the direction of fuel price stuff(if u understand what I mean).I did my research and found out when I sub from data resellers and download a file of let's say 500mb,a total of almost 1gb or more than will be zapped from my remaining data.But if I do a a normal sub from mtn and download a file of 7mb file I would be charged let's say 7mb or almost 8mb from my data.So I tried to download when my sub was almost up from my data resellers bundle(mb).And I downloaded a file of 6mb and to my surprise almost 12mb was zapped from my mb.So guys my advice is to sub directly from ur mtn mb subscription menu.But dis is jst my opinion sha,commenter mk una look into d matter 4 me.
Stop buying data share especially mtn. I bought mtn data share of 1gb from mtn office. No download or video streaming but only lite browsing. The data finished in a week. No even alert to inform me that I have low data.
Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
solodox:
Of course the whole planet knows that anything cheap from Nigerian telcos would be throttled to the high heavens.... Take when they give you x3 of your recharge and bill you 41k per second but you only get billed 11k from your normal recharge on the normal tariff plan... 3 x 11 is 33... FYI! (case study: MTN) But who am I to educate you geniuses!?
Absolutely correct. I don't fall for those scams in name of double price

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
INCREDIBLEGUY:
well from my own point of view,,,,,,, the issue is directly from mtn,,, 8 noticed that even when you do normal sub,,, mtn charge twice than normal when they are removing your mb,,,,,,, I will advice you kindly switch to glo,,, cause they are quit cheap,,,,,, and beside their network is stable now,, compared to service then,,,,,,,,,, well any one you choose,,, koodos bro,,,,,,,,, meanwhile,,, any body have news about the infinix hot s3 in edo state,,,,,, I love this device am so anxious to get it,,,,,,,,,,
Glorious network isn't stable please speak for yourself
Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
INCREDIBLEGUY:
well from my own point of view,,,,,,, the issue is directly from mtn,,, 8 noticed that even when you do normal sub,,, mtn charge twice than normal when they are removing your mb,,,,,,, I will advice you kindly switch to glo,,, cause they are quit cheap,,,,,, and beside their network is stable now,, compared to service then,,,,,,,,,, well any one you choose,,, koodos bro,,,,,,,,, meanwhile,,, any body have news about the infinix hot s3 in edo state,,,,,, I love this device am so anxious to get it,,,,,,,,,,
Glo network isn't stable please speak for yourself
Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
AdeniyiA:
I beg to disagree with all the submissions above, the rate at which we surf the net and the time we spend doing that has increased so i enjoin us to disprove these allegations here IF after using the normal sub you still find the rate the same.
Let not add to the number of jobless youths and thereby vindicating our president...
I buy nd use data share bundle, mtn, nd i enjoy it
What options said is absolutely true

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by KulKid(m): 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
phemmyfour:
4.5gb for 1k, that's greed of the highest order
Bro if that's ur opinion abt me no p.But lemme let u knw sumtin, last time I called my guy in Italy he told me they are paying 20euro per month for unlimited data...meaning u download till infinity.Nw if I get such a data stuff here in naija that is reliable why won't I jump in even if I hv 2 pay 10k per month! So broda,we are suffering in dis country,my prayer is for tins to get beta in dis country#Lets pray 4 naija abeg.
Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by 01Decent(m): 10:53am On Jul 26, 2019
KulKid:
First of all dis is in no way trying to spoil anybody biz,but nw we live in a country whr data price is going the direction of fuel price stuff(if u understand what I mean).I did my research and found out when I sub from data resellers and download a file of let's say 500mb,a total of almost 1gb or more than will be zapped from my remaining data.But if I do a a normal sub from mtn and download a file of 7mb file I would be charged let's say 7mb or almost 8mb from my data.So I tried to download when my sub was almost up from my data resellers bundle(mb).And I downloaded a file of 6mb and to my surprise almost 12mb was zapped from my mb.So guys my advice is to sub directly from ur mtn mb subscription menu.But dis is jst my opinion sha,commenter mk una look into d matter 4 me.

I don't really think that's true, before I've the same thought that data's from resellers drain faster than the ones subscribed directly from MTN, but when I start monitoring my data usage on my smartphone, I noticed that whenever my smartphone reads that i used 30MB, the same 30MB will be deducted from the data I bought from resellers. so I concluded that both reseller data and MTN direct data drain in the same way
Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by sureinfo: 7:50am On Jul 27, 2019
01Decent:

I don't really think that's true, before I've the same thought that data's from resellers drain faster than the ones subscribed directly from MTN, but when I start monitoring my data usage on my smartphone, I noticed that whenever my smartphone reads that i used 30MB, the same 30MB will be deducted from the data I bought from resellers. so I concluded that both reseller data and MTN direct data drain in the same way
yes your are very correct but personally due to the fact that i use a lot of data on my tecno device, i decided to opt for the new Airtel binge plan where i get upto 2gb for just N500

Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by 01Decent(m): 10:58am On Dec 05, 2019
sureinfo:
yes your are very correct but personally due to the fact that i use a lot of data on my tecno device, i decided to opt for the new Airtel binge plan where i get upto 2gb for just N500

How pls
Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by Ehisod(m): 12:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
KulKid:

This is not true, just tested by downloading from playstore 2 files 12mb and 36mb and data consumption after checking data balance was 49mb. So guys check your background data consuming apps. You can do this test yourself rather than jumping on the bandwagon.
Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by Ehisod(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2019
KulKid:
Bro if that's ur opinion abt me no p.But lemme let u knw sumtin, last time I called my guy in Italy he told me they are paying 20euro per month for unlimited data...meaning u download till infinity.Nw if I get such a data stuff here in naija that is reliable why won't I jump in even if I hv 2 pay 10k per month! So broda,we are suffering in dis country,my prayer is for tins to get beta in dis country#Lets pray 4 naija abeg.

Not true, no mobile service provider in Europe will give you unlimited mobile plan for 20 Euro.
Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by edoairways: 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
KulKid:
Dis is no means trying to make anybody look lazy sir,jst my opinion.Buying data from a reseller doesn't mk me/anybody lazy.I jst stated an opinion of mine,if I see 1k for 4.5gb and it's genuine I would buy.
How can? Was useless laziness are they implying?
Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by edoairways: 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ehisod:

Not true, no mobile service provider in Europe will give you unlimited mobile plan for 20 Euro.
Do they offer unlimited data in Europe?
If they do how much?
Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by KulKid(m): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2019
edoairways:

Do they offer unlimited data in Europe?
If they do how much?
They do on some specific plan but note all data is capped even though they say unlimited it's still capped to a specific amount! But seriously u can't compare a white man's land with ours,they are way ahead in everything.
Re: Reasons Why I Left Data Resellers And Start Subscribing Normal Mtn Sub by 01Decent(m): 8:24am On Dec 31, 2019
I'm a data reseller too but I prefer buying my own data from MTN

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take For An NIN To Get Validated. / How Can I Retreive My Lost Glo Sim / Samsung Chat 222 Phone-why Naija Guys And Babes Go For It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.