Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,488 members, 7,770,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:13 AM

Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? (20491 Views)

I want to buy phone if you know you sell UK used phone get in here / Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by lastchild: 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
My battle to leave social media (especially Facebook) has gotten to another level, so i think the only way i can win is to buy small phone and dump my android for atleast 6 months.

i have the opportunity to do it now that i traveled to visit my family members, so I want to drop the phone here and travel back to my base, with this, there won't be any temptation of switching it on to check anything online.

my question is, if I left the phone unused for 6 months,will anything happen to it? during the years of Walkman CD, i left mine and traveled to Lagos, spent only 2 months, on coming home, it's no longer working

is my phone safe for 6 months unused?
(tecno spark 3)

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2021
travel for 6 months +, you no get work ni?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by lastchild: 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2021
Bodmum:
travel for 6 months +, you no get work ni?
what do you mean? did you read the write up? plz read it again if it wasn't comprehensive to you enough

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by edoairways: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2021
Nothing, just charge it once in a month. My visaphone is still working inspite of the fact I had abandoned it for 3 years

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by lastchild: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2021
edoairways:
Nothing, just charge it once in a month. My visaphone is still working inspite of the fact I had abandoned it for 3 years
i won't even have access to the phone to charge it once in a month.

i want to leave the phone here and travel back to where I base

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by officialfestus(m): 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
lastchild:

nothing will happen but you'll have to buy another battery after 6 months.

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by OGraffix(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2021
lastchild:
My battle to leave social media (especially Facebook) has gotten to another level, so i think the only way i can win is to buy small phone and dump my android for atleast 6 months.

i have the opportunity to do it now that i traveled to visit my family members, so I want to drop the phone here and travel back to my base, with this, there won't be any temptation of switching it on to check anything online.

my question is, if I left the phone unused for 6 months,will anything happen to it? during the years of Walkman CD, i left mine and traveled to Lagos, spent only 2 months, on coming home, it's no longer working

(tecno spark 3)
Nothing will happen to the phone....but consider that when next u going to take back the phone, just prepare to change the battery...

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by SporaD8: 5:31pm On Aug 20, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)
Leave the Battery at 50%. Separate the battery from the phone and pack both in a cool dry place. You should be alright.

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by constance500: 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)

It depends...

If it's a phone with a solid mother board and good battery.. It will be fine otherwise you might return to a dead phone tho might be resuscitated 40/100

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by ITbomb(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2021
Remove the battery

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Snitch24(m): 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
Sell it now that it still has value
Buy another one when u r ready

170 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Minjim: 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
lastchild:

The only safe way is to make sure you remove the battery, else it will swell up.

I left my phone for two months and the battery swell up.

Find a way to remove the battery

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Kingsasian(m): 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2021
Remove the battery

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by SamgoldBaba: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2021
Ask a phone engineer to help you dispatch the battery

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by clarkmos15(m): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
Watch a video on YouTube on how to remove the battery

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2021
I deactivate my FB account almost every 7days.

Facebook is a place where surveillance cameras send you friend requests to monitor you.

Though I'm not really interested in social media. Just read news and pass

Hello, Hi is useless for growth

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Gadafii: 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2021
Naso war go break out somewhere and you won't be aware cos you want to abstain from social Media, Nawa for you oo

I don't have answer for you question, maybe you should go the company you bought the phone from

8 Likes

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Ceasaerius: 2:24am On Aug 21, 2021
It should be alright.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by trueking: 2:28am On Aug 21, 2021
What you need is self control, I've not used my Facebook for more than 5 years now,

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by poshestmina(f): 3:22am On Aug 21, 2021
trueking:
What you need is self control, I've not used my Facebook for more than 5 years now,

Mine was hacked almost 3 months now and I'm not even bothered.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by pixey(m): 7:40am On Aug 21, 2021
Avoid putting your phone in areas of high heat or the battery and other components will swell up over time even when switched off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by 11Anonymous(m): 7:52am On Aug 21, 2021
Reboot to Safe mode and use it that way.

Problem solved.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Jazzman01: 8:26am On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)

Only your Battery will be affected.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by TechNana(f): 11:11am On Aug 21, 2021
Yes, the battery may be affected if you don't charge to full once every 2 to 3 months...

Even if you should, the phone should be kept without the battery in a dry place,

Just get ready for a lot of update when you finally want to re-use your device after 6 months...

In other words, you have the time to access Facebook because you don't have any other important thing to do online, I guess if you made money online you wouldn't have much time for Facebook...

Now see this,

https://www.nairaland.com/6705451

With the above link, I can't do without my phone for a day,

Why?

Because my gadgets are more like my office (s), they make me considerate amount of money daily..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by MARKone(m): 11:11am On Aug 21, 2021
Yes, it'll turn to iPhone.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Holadokun(m): 11:11am On Aug 21, 2021
Ask me again please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by ivolt: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2021
The battery may be damaged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by ChiefAfonja: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2021
No but just remove the battery

Or just put it once in a while and charge it up

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2021
Oga just give it out to someone who really needs it.. Someone somewhere only needs an android phone to breakthrough in life, sow it into someone's life

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meta Services - Facebook, Instagram & Whatsapp Are Down In The United States / i need a phone with 6gb ram at below 100k / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.