Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (996973 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by iPopAlomo(m): 8:31am On May 25, 2018
jhoci:
I will advise you ask your school to include a copy of your certificate in their response to WES. That was what I did when I got a mail saying they were requesting further verification from my school. I called their customer service and they couldn't tell me why the need for further verification. Anyway my status now shows, accepted.

Thank you so much...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 8:32am On May 25, 2018
ArabianRose:
Putting in for MOD remark isn't even encouraging given their track record of not sending the scripts to Australia and scores remaining same. Anyways, thanks for your input, I appreciate.
I know you feel bad but your best bet is waiting for BC. Many here have gotten positive responses from BC. Give it two weeks then check their office if your EOR is ready. Most times it comes earlier than the stipulated date.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Obi1conte: 8:35am On May 25, 2018
ArabianRose:
second attempt...at this point i am just tired, i don't know what to do.
Listening: 8.0
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.5

PS; i have always maxed out speaking and writing, and remark is 12 weeks? 3 freaking months!!!?

The above was my post- April 6th.

So I took Newmum's advice, to apply for EOR with BC and rewrite, this time around, IDP. Guess what? I think this feels worse. Anyway, LRWS came out as 8.5, 8, 6.5, 8.5. To think I was going for CLB10 sad . BC remark isn't out.. 7weeks now. At this point, I have had it up to my throat sad
Please hang in there, giving up is not an option. Just take a step back, reassess things and forge ahead. Like we say here "it will end in praise"

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gretop(m): 8:43am On May 25, 2018
Elfmannisback:

And u cldnt jump this one... I seek fun here too..

Na two of us get the virus na. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Eraytee: 8:54am On May 25, 2018
morning e-fam, please have been reading on the submission of PP via VFS, now my question is this:

1.for those of us not with our family members presently and applying outside Nigeria, when PPR comes can one order the accompany family members (wife and baby) PP to be sent down to where the PA is, then the PA would forward to IRCC?

2.or the accompany family members can send their PP via VFS in Nigeria while the PA outside Nigeria send from where he/she resides?

please anyone with the answer(s) to these should pls help cox this table am shaking, am on it. even though I never reach this stage but its good to know b4 u get there so as to know what to do when the time comes. biko cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArabianRose(f): 8:58am On May 25, 2018
Thank you.
Obi1conte:

Please hang in there, giving up is not an option. Just take a step back, reassess things and forge ahead. Like we say here "it will end in praise"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Dazzlinganio: 9:02am On May 25, 2018
Good morning all. please this question is for people in Abuja that have done their Medical. Between Abuja clinic and IOM which one is cheaper. I saw 40,200 for IOM on their website, but I couldn't find the price for Abuja clinic.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 9:04am On May 25, 2018
This is sad. I feel your pain. I am praying your remark comes out better. I don't think you should bother applying for a remark with MOD. Hold on and keep your head up. You have a good result, BC will come through, I believe.
ArabianRose:

PS; i have always maxed out speaking and writing, and remark is 12 weeks? 3 freaking months!!!?

So I took Newmum's advice, to apply for EOR with BC and rewrite, this time around, IDP. Guess what? I think this feels worse. Anyway, LRWS came out as 8.5, 8, 6.5, 8.5. To think I was going for CLB10 sad . BC remark isn't out.. 7weeks now. At this point, I have had it up to my throat sad

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by funshobabs(m): 9:15am On May 25, 2018
Greetings everyone, am really not happy the way 0.5 messes people up In their ielts exam.I Read the letter written to BC and I think it's a great move. To me it is becoming more deliberate for centers in naija and am really scared of taking the exams. I register and I paid for Ielts not knowing I have to raise a blank draft, the money bounced back into my account, well maybe am not just ready. I have studied cumulatively for 6 months now and still not ready.
Plz my question is, I will be travelling to Holland next month for three weeks. Is it possible for me to write it there? Has anyone done this before.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bellniki1: 9:20am On May 25, 2018
ArabianRose:
second attempt...at this point i am just tired, i don't know what to do. At this point, I have had it up to my throat sad

I feel your pain, please don't give up already. I think you'll get a positive outcome with BC. As regards EOR with IDP, I wouldn't advise it. 46k is too much to gamble with.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Olha: 9:21am On May 25, 2018
Sharply apply for EOR

Oreoluwa08:
Good morning all,
My IELTS result LRWS 8.5,7,6.5,7.5. I’m just sad. Why is MOD always giving people 6.5 in writing. Do you guys suggest applying for EOR or rewriting. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 9:22am On May 25, 2018
The issue about this thing is that some people on this thread have said they either got positive evaluation or know someone who got it but whn you ask them to show proof, they just simply ignore. Personally, i believe one will get positive evaluation if you do all 3 papers.
@pikipiki and @wale006 and others who have had positive response, if you guys can show proof and advice others, dont you think it would be great?
This is the only proof we have so far on ACCA F1-F3 Positive Evaluation Proof for Diploma and Positive Evaluation for Advanced Diploma

AyubAlam:
Hello Everyone,

We just got to know yesterday that a person from this forum got his ACCA[F1(exempted,F2, and F3] evaluated as completion of college certificate(one semester), so according to this it wont be possible to get two or more degrees and claim points for the same in EE if you are taking ACCA(f1-F3). Also note that I meet a guy in some other forum where he has given F1,F2 and F3 and still he has received the same evaluation on one semester.

So, if you want to prepare then you can prepare for ACCA but as a well-wisher I would like to request you to hold on the registration for ACCA tilll we know the outcome of this scenario which I think we should know within a week as they have already written to WES who has yet to reply with an explanation for the changes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by chibyno4eva(m): 9:25am On May 25, 2018
Good Morning fams,

just check my result with mod
Listening 6
Reading 5
Speaking 6.5
Writing 6

Pls i need advice?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 9:29am On May 25, 2018
funshobabs:
Greetings everyone, am really not happy the way 0.5 messes people up In their ielts exam.I Read the letter written to BC and I think it's a great move. To me it is becoming more deliberate for centers in naija and am really scared of taking the exams. I register and I paid for Ielts not knowing I have to raise a blank draft, the money bounced back into my account, well maybe am not just ready. I have studied cumulatively for 6 months now and still not ready.
Plz my question is, I will be travelling to Holland next month for three weeks. Is it possible for me to write it there? Has anyone done this before.
Go to the ielts website, there should be some centres there in Holland. The available dates for holland are in September, October, November, December
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:31am On May 25, 2018
chibyno4eva:
Good Morning fams,

Listening 6
Reading 5
Speaking 6.5
Writing 6

Pls i need advice?

The only reasonable advice is to rewrite. But not immediately. You need to practice and ensure you are constantly in the band of 37/40 in your practice sessions. For writing and speaking, you can use ielts advantage or ielts with jay on youtube.

Practice ...practice... practice till you understand ielts test format.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by stargiirl: 9:32am On May 25, 2018
rewriting is your only option. If you have the funds go ahead and reschedule another one today if you can (give enough time for practicing sha). If not, change your strategy while you gather up another 68k (or 75k if you wanna go with BC the next time). Idk what your strategy was for this exam but you need to switch it up and practice alot more. goodluck!

chibyno4eva:
Good Morning fams,

Listening 6
Reading 5
Speaking 6.5
Writing 6

Pls i need advice?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cuteyangel(f): 9:33am On May 25, 2018
Good morning

My hubby is the PA
His result with IDP is
Listening 9
Speaking 8
Reading 7.5
Writing 6.5
I think IDP has an issue with writing cos most people fall in that category
Do i suggest a remark?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bellniki1: 9:47am On May 25, 2018
cuteyangel:
Good morning

My hubby is the PA
His result with IDP is
Listening 9
Speaking 8
Reading 7.5
Writing 6.5
I think IDP has an issue with writing cos most people fall in that category
Do i suggest a remark?
Remark with IDP has not been favourable for candidate who gave it a shot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by uchepixy: 9:55am On May 25, 2018
[quote author=Dazzlinganio but I couldn't find the price for Abuja clinic.
Abuja Clinic is N48000. If you have tattoos and the doctor requests a Hepatitis test it would be a lot more.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by LadyW: 9:57am On May 25, 2018
N48,000 in Abuja Clinic....(January this year)

Dazzlinganio:
Good morning all. please this question is for people in Abuja that have done their Medical. Between Abuja clinic and IOM which one is cheaper. I saw 40,200 for IOM on their website, but I couldn't find the price for Abuja clinic.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jholarharde(f): 9:59am On May 25, 2018
ArabianRose:
Thank you.
I really feel ur pain dear, hold on for a bit. I believe you will get an upgrade with BC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by flosk: 10:01am On May 25, 2018
From all the results i have seen today even from the ielts thread, 6.5 in writing is the norm for IDP.

My advice to potential test takers :

BEWARE OF IDP

the devil you know(bc) is better than the angel you are trying to know(IDP)

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArcUgo(m): 10:04am On May 25, 2018
I called a contact and they located the verification mail. I think part of WES policy is to send out verification requests both by mail and courier. It's always easier to locate it immediately it has been sent. So I was told

Jbelieve:

Hi please how do you know that mail was sent to the school for verification by WES?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by PRatlast: 10:09am On May 25, 2018
flosk:
From all the results i have seen today even from the ielts thread, 6.5 in writing is the norm for IDP.

My advice to potential test takers :

BEWARE OF IDP

the devil you know(bc) is better than the angel you are trying to know(IDP)

I think it goes both ways

Some have succeeded with IDP too and didn't with BC

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:10am On May 25, 2018
gretop:

Na two of us get the virus na. grin
No wahala.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Livy2018: 10:11am On May 25, 2018
Goodmorning Fam,

So IELTS result finally out.
LRWS - 8.5,9,7,8.5.

First attempt and I am soo grateful for the tips I got on this forum, now waiting for WES to conclude its report.

If you recall, my experience on test day with MOD at its Lagos mainland centre was terrible but it ended in praise.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 10:12am On May 25, 2018
This trend of W6.5 is really disturbing angry. You see the Indians that can barely construct a good sentence devoid of spelling, tenses and/or grammatical errors hitting 7's and 8's in their writing and speaking. "I gave IELTS test last week..." instead of "I wrote/sat for IELTS test last week...", yet they do so well. I'm not hating though.

Could it be that test location is a key determinant to marking scheme? Could it have been a calculated effort at frustrating some people out of the EE scheme (I'd doubt this though)? Could it be some sort of revenue "maximizing" strategy by the examiners (this is Nigeria where such things aren't alien to us anymore)? How come everyone falls just below the 7.0 mark?

ArabianRose, cuteyangel and all the others affected by this, please set your eyes on the destination. The end will surely justify the means, if you do not give up. Remember, its #destinationCanada

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2018
Livy2018:
Goodmorning Fam,

LRWS - 8.5,9,7,8.5.

What an escape! Congrats

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 10:17am On May 25, 2018
Honestly, it's a serious matter. Last year it was Listening score that was the issue. I remember reading a post in part 2 where someone's listening was upgraded. I wondered what may have happened. Now this year its writing. About half the number of people writing IELTS now have 6.5 in writing. Why not 6 or 5 or 5.5. Why is it pegged at 6.5. I maintain that someone that can have a band 8 or even 7.5 in all other modules cannot have problems with writing.
Something has to be done. It's really sad.

mcstan18:
This trend of W6.5 is really disturbing angry. You see the Indians that can barely construct a good sentence devoid of spelling, tenses and/or grammatical errors hitting 7's and 8's in their writing and speaking. "I gave IELTS test last week..." instead of "I wrote/sat for IELTS test last week", yet they do so well. I'm not hating though.

Could it be that test location is a key determinant to marking scheme? Could it have been a calculated effort at frustrating some people out of the EE scheme (I'd doubt this though)? Could it be some sort of revenue "maximizing" strategy by the examiners (this is Nigeria where such things aren't alien to us anymore)? How come everyone falls just below the 7.0 mark?

ArabianRose, cuteyangel and all the others affected by this, please set your eyes on the destination. The end will surely justify the means, if you do not give up. Remember, its #destinationCanada

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadaBound: 10:19am On May 25, 2018
Taa ba gu'yan ninu iwe, ti a se'be ninu epo epa, eni maa yo a yo. If you know you know.

Livy2018:
Goodmorning Fam,

LRWS - 8.5,9,7,8.5.

First attempt and I am soo grateful for the tips I got on this forum, now waiting for WES to conclude its report.

If you recall, my experience on test day with MOD at its Lagos mainland centre was terrible but it ended in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:20am On May 25, 2018
ArabianRose:

I think u can still apply for a remark with IDP but not immediately. Mark when it gonna elapse and be hoping on the one from BC. Redoing should be out of it, kai kai.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.