Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1012541 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Opotuniti(m): 6:04am On Jun 08, 2018
ysteph:
Congratulations. Na you be the biological pikin when LVO get, others are adopted. LOL.

This can only be God. To Him be all the Glory. I do not take it for granted at all.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Opotuniti(m): 6:06am On Jun 08, 2018
ItsYourFriend:
Congrats

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cochtrane(m): 6:18am On Jun 08, 2018
This concerns IELTS writing

In this little engagement I've taken upon myself to review IELTS writing samples, I observed a common trend which I think is seriously affecting guys' IELTS writing scores and which they are probably unaware of.

Let's say you have a topic which says, "Some people feel that science does more harm than good. Others are against this assertion. What is your own opinion?" After giving a brief introduction and taking their position (whether for or against), some students set out arguing the contrary position first, before arguing their opinion, i.e. they take an initial position "for the motion" that science does more harm than good, but then dabble into explanations why they think science does more good than harm. Only in later paragraphs do they express their opinion why they think science does harm, sometimes unconvincingly and oftentimes overshadowed by their earlier contrary explanations. This way, they tend to discuss both sides of the argument without really taking a firm position or outrightly expressing their opinion. This is very poor and has the chance to earn you incredibly low scores on your IELTS writing.

IELTS writing is simple, really. It's not only simple, it's straightforward. The examiner often asks one thing of you and she/he wants you to express an opinion and to express it well. In this example, there's no reason to discuss both the "for" and "against" positions. You needed to choose one position and to clearly express this position. Questions of this sort are called "agree/disagree questions" and are the most common types on the IELTS writing task 2. If you do express an opinion (in your introduction) that science does more harm than good, you better make sure your next paragraphs are clear about the reasons you have taken this particular position (the "for" position). Do not dabble into the "against" reasons. You have no reason to. Same applies if you have taken the "against" position; leave the "for" points alone. These are the easiest ways to attack this question.

Now, there are of course some inventive persons out there who are able to confidently demonstrate their prose skills in exam conditions. Well, such persons may express an opinion (in the introduction) that's neither totally for nor against. If you are one of such persons, you'd know how to present your points already. There's no reason thrashing out all that here. But for those who would state clearly (in the essay introduction) that they are either for or against, please don't dabble into the opposing points. You'd only lose marks.

Well, just a tip... smiley

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mokarios(m): 6:41am On Jun 08, 2018
First Attempt IELTS:

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.0

Grateful for all the tidbits of information you guys have made available on here.

47 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cochtrane(m): 6:44am On Jun 08, 2018
mokarios:
First Attempt IELTS:

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.0

Grateful for all the tidbits of information you guys have made available on here.
Nice results. Good job!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fresty(f): 6:53am On Jun 08, 2018
fizzile:
ECA report has landed like an eagle. Osheee !!!. Fresty please i need my swimming trunk.. time to dive into this lovely pool.. cheeeeeee !!! We global now !!!

cheeeeeeeeee!! worldwaaaad, niccurrrr!!!!!! you global now..... lolsss
congrats. feels good. man, don't waste time diving...
I'm tagging right behind you. it's 22nd for me. #NoTime

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fresty(f): 7:00am On Jun 08, 2018
mokarios:
First Attempt IELTS:

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.0

awesome

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by BishopHNO: 7:06am On Jun 08, 2018
Wow, excellent. Pls share what materials and sites helped you most with LRS and your reading routine. Great lessons for those of us studying for IELTS

mokarios:
First Attempt IELTS:

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.0

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fresty(f): 7:07am On Jun 08, 2018
askofemma:
Ielts Result 1st attempt BC: L8 R9 W6 S9!! When I saw the result I paused for a minute! I knew exactly what happened I was too casual with my writing, I didn’t practice enough because it was just essay writing and letter but ielts cleared my doubt.
Well no need to cry over spilled milk. I quickly enrolled and paid for for July 28th(7weeks) from now. Please guys I need writing tips and preferred materials because I want this to be my second and last one. Thanks guys for the great job.

that would have been a stellar result!!! ouch!!!!! well, almost doesn't count.
my advice: go to ieltsliz. com, you won't be disappointed I tell you. everything tip you need about writing is there. the format for all these different types of essay and letter-writing questions. she helped me in my time.
I believe your next attempt would be the last. Godspeed!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ekaskie007: 7:09am On Jun 08, 2018
Congrats, fantastic scores. Please did you write with BC or IDP?
mokarios:
First Attempt IELTS:

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.0

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Eraytee: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2018
just few days away and I want to thank God on behalf of all those that got PPR and aced IELTS exam Congrats to you all..To those expecting PPR it will come soon, also those gathering docs eg @TENCANN grace would surely speak for y'all. I have read over 25pages to catch up with the thread and it has been success stories all the way.

Please I want to call out everyone who had successful crossed the IETLS hurdle to please recommend the specific website you used for Reading practices, I have noticed that some of these sites are better in one module than other modules, like i saw on previous pages about Jay's tips for writing not really working out for peeps. am a victim of ietls cos of listening in my previous march 3rd exam and my reading was a pain in my ass even though I got the desired score in a hard way. pls and pls help a brother with a specific site that can give an easy tips to acing the reading module cox july 7th is going to be my last IELTS exam. Thanks in anticipation for all your recommendations.

N:B- I have some websites bookmarked from page 0. I just need recommendations from all you successful candidates of reading test for best tips, "me too wan hit 9 abeg biko" grin

It will end with good testimony and praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by emafav: 7:25am On Jun 08, 2018
Talking:

Hello. i also sent you a PM. PM is a 'personal message' from me to your mail seeking permission to further send you mails. Kindly check your mail, especially the ones from nairaland and reply please. Thanks

@intercedertee kindly check your mail as well. Thanks
I did not see any PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by emafav: 7:29am On Jun 08, 2018
mokarios:
First Attempt IELTS:

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.0

I was discourage because of my score. Kindly assist with the materials used in order for me and hubby to be able to have a good score.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Jennypharb1: 7:37am On Jun 08, 2018
Zeiya:

Congrats
BC or MOD?

Thanks, its BC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Opotuniti(m): 7:42am On Jun 08, 2018
mokarios:
First Attempt IELTS:

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.0

Congrats!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Jennypharb1: 7:42am On Jun 08, 2018
keni:

Can you please share how you prepared for your writing?

I used the Cambridge guide to IELTS. I didn't really do much writing but I had like 2 months to prepare. So I read through a number of model writing answers in the guide.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ceechedah: 7:59am On Jun 08, 2018
Hi guys

I don't no if anyone has experienced this, last two weeks my WES evaluation page changed from "we have received your documents, you are required to do nothing at this time" to "received document awaiting verification". This week, it changed back to "we have received documents, you are required to do anything at this time". It didn't show that they have accepted my documents before changing back (the attached is not mine, I just attached it to show the change from the verification page and back to the initial page). I don't know if anyone experienced this, please assist to explain. Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 08, 2018
Hi, yes, my wife picked it up at the Ikoyi office yesterday. I still need a connect in the Ikoyi office to help get a friend's own out.. My contact has gone AWOL
Newbeecey:
Hello Oosarobo, have you had any luck with this yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Olha: 8:02am On Jun 08, 2018
Will this be seen after sending certificate/statement of result or before?
My own status has been like this since.(BELOW)
What could be wrong?

We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).
Status last updated: 5/30/2018

jhoci:
Yes you will see "Received Documents Awaiting Verification".

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:19am On Jun 08, 2018
Can someone make a comprehensive list of all the issues we have with BC regarding IELTS?

I have just been informed that a Director at BC is my neighbour. Lets see if I can engage him informally. I am sure they would not like all these negative publicity.

By the way; how come no one looked for me? Newmum, you have special cane in the cooler.

GlitteringStar:

Na wa for BC ooo. You can send an email to LagosExamsComplaints@ng.britishcouncil.org. It is well.

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/comments-and-complaints-policy

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tholuwalorpe: 8:20am On Jun 08, 2018
coconuthead:
WES sent my transcript to Unilag for Verification since May 16th. Followed up with Unilag only to be told they didnt receive any email or courier from WES for me.

What else can I do since wes insist they sent it

Same with mine. I had to tell my school to search with my husbands name as I registered with his name. They were searching with my maiden name for 2wks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by DboyizGood(m): 8:23am On Jun 08, 2018
askofemma:
Ielts Result 1st attempt BC: L8 R9 W6 S9!! When I saw the result I paused for a minute!.

Pls apply for remark in writing while you prepare for your next ielts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dumsydsassy1: 8:31am On Jun 08, 2018
Hello Eraytee, I used ieltsliz and ieltsbuddy. I used two days to learn the kind of questions that appear in ielts general training reading. Then I used the same two days to learn the tips and tricks in answering those kind of questions. I had one month to prepare. I used the remaining weeks to do practice questions from www.mini-ielts.com . I practiced every single day Listening tests(YouTube and Mini-ielts.com) and reading(mini-ielts) for a minimum of 2hrs. I believe practice is what will help anyone ace listening and reading module, even writing(I used uncle Jay on YouTube and learnt the different types of essays and format for writing).
My results (9,9,8.5,8 ) May 24th,2017.

Goodluck.

Eraytee:
just few days away and I want to thank God on behalf of all those that got PPR and aced IELTS exam Congrats to you all..To those expecting PPR it will come soon, also those gathering docs eg @TENCANN grace would surely speak for y'all. I have read over 25pages to catch up with the thread and it has been success stories all the way.

Please I want to call out all everyone who had successful crossed the IETLS hurdle to please recommend the specific website you used for Reading practices, I have noticed that some of these sites are better in one module than other modules, like i saw on previous pages about Jay's tips for writing not really working out for peeps. am a victim of ietls cos of listening in my previous march 3rd exam and my reading was a pain in my ass even though I got the desired score in a hard way. pls and pls help a brother with a specific site that can give an easy tips to acing the reading module cox july 7th is going to be my last IELTS exam. Thanks in anticipation for all your recommendations.

N:B- I have some websites bookmarked from page 0. I just need recommendations from all you successful candidates of reading test for best tips, "me too wan hit 9 abeg biko" grin

It will end with good testimony and praise

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jholarharde(f): 8:33am On Jun 08, 2018
happytbaby:
Can someone make a comprehensive list of all the issues we have with BC regarding IELTS?

I have just been informed that a Director at BC is my neighbour. Lets see if I can engage him informally. I am sure they would not like all these negative publicity.

By the way; how come no one looked for me? Newmum, you have special cane in the cooler.

welcome ma, I did look for you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Gracemama: 8:35am On Jun 08, 2018
Good morning house, am so confused right now: Wes just mailed me that I have incomplete result because the transcript my school sent started from 200L. I should send other cert to be able to continue my verification.
Now this is the issue. I entered university of jos through IJmB . Registered for IJmB in Ilorin but wrote the exam in Rufus Giwa poly OWO Ondo State they were affiliated to ABU Zaria then. I don’t have any idea how to get my transcript for IJMB, which Institute will I ask for my transcript sef am presently far from all of them.pls help.
Between i don’t have masters degree but I have CIPM (professional diploma) Can it’s be evaluated in place of my Bsc?
Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dumsydsassy1: 8:37am On Jun 08, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dumsydsassy1: 8:37am On Jun 08, 2018
I looked for you.. but in my mind.. lol someone else asked after you here a day or two ago. Welcome back.

happytbaby:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadaPR: 8:37am On Jun 08, 2018
DayoNiyi:

Please can you paint me a structure of the academic calendar, when does the semester start and when does it end?

I know one began May. Another will start September
from what I was told.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joksydamsel: 9:01am On Jun 08, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

Congrats on your result. It is very good.[s] Has your wife done IELTS? Did she evaluate her educational qualification/qualifications? Have you guys explored what she can contribute to your overall score? Stimulate your intended ielts score using the CRS tool and see how far that would take you. Then do the same for your spouse if she does WES or IELTS and therein lies your answer. Also consider the time both actions would take. [/s]

Noticed your response that your wife has done ielts and all. Can she retake it and hopefully score just as good as you. She could actually be the principal applicant. How many years of work experience does she have. Just sha stimulate CRS scores in her case and consider that.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Thanks for your help. I just discovered that I made a mistake in my CRS estimate. It is actually 436. I definitely will be asking for remark of the tests. She has one year of work experience only so she can't be the principal applicant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jhoci: 9:07am On Jun 08, 2018
After receiving and reviewing your documents your status will be updated to "awaiting verification". But I'm surprised they are still reviewing your documents for a week now, mine didn't last that long.

Olha:
Will this be seen after sending certificate/statement of result or before?
My own status has been like this since.(BELOW)
What could be wrong?

We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).
Status last updated: 5/30/2018

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Engr2000: 9:12am On Jun 08, 2018
Good Morning E-Friends,

I finally downloaded the soft copy of my ECA report from WES today after 5 months journey.

For those that have ACIIN (Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria) you will get a positive evaluation of Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's Degree (Three years).

If you also graduate from Faculty of Engineering, University of Ilorin, make sure you specify to Academic record that the transcript they will send to WES must show your 100 Level result to avoid back & forth.

Finally, the EOR wait from BC is crazy, This is my 12th week.

It will definitely end with Praise.

Make una enjoy your weekend jare.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ADEBOSUN(m): 9:35am On Jun 08, 2018
EOR - Call them. I called them today and I was told mine is ready. Submitted on 26th of March.

Engr2000:
Good Morning E-Friends,

I finally downloaded the soft copy of my ECA report from WES today after 5 months journey.

For those that have ACIIN (Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria) you will get a positive evaluation of Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's Degree (Three years).

If you also graduate from Faculty of Engineering, University of Ilorin, make sure you specify to Academic record that the transcript they will send to WES must show your 100 Level result to avoid back & forth.

Finally, the EOR wait from BC is crazy, This is my 12th week.

It will definitely end with Praise.

Make una enjoy your weekend jare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.