Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1000771 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
Tojued:
I know the thread is on shutdown but please I need assistance with Ladoke Akintola University transcript / verification. A reliable contact will be much appreciated.
Cc guitarlife, Mosbiod.
Hi Bro, I only had my Bsc at lautech. I evaluated only my msc which was not in lautech.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Onedimple: 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
[quote author=Newmum0615 post=69897379]Can everyone take a seat please? It’s going to be quite a read.

It’s my turn. grin

PPR has come to the glory of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.

Congratulations!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Selzsky(f): 9:26pm On Aug 01, 2018
[quote author=Newmum0615 post=69902110]You @ Newmum, it's not everyday one finds another who does something they themselves may not do, or something they may think twice on before assisting and so when situations like these arise, we show respect & applaud ....you've been amazing. Grace and favour will follow and welcome you as you move to the next level on this journey......Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
o2:
Congrats to Newmum and Newdad. May canny land favour you tremendously. I am a new mum too grin grin but we have only one newmum any other is a counterfeit.
Elffmannisbackagainstbot. I congratulate you on victory of your first battle. You are the bomb.
Tonight is a night of good news.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sweetrie(f): 9:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
Newmum0615:
Can everyone take a seat please?

PPR has come to the glory of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Selzsky(f): 9:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
[quote author=
@ Balogunsam.....Big congratulations to another awesome soul. All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by bibi2017: 9:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
[quote author=Newmum0615 post=69897379]Can everyone take a seat please? It’s going to be quite a read.

@newmum0615

I have been silently following for your PPR announcement. Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by codeplace(m): 9:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
I want to request for reference letter from bank. what suitable way of addressing it so that I can use for different PNP programme? Someone suggested 'Canadia Immigariton Program, Canada'

What do you guys think?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TEECANN: 9:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
Newmum0615:
Can everyone take a seat please? It’s going to be quite a read.

It’s my turn. grin

As I say thank you to each and every one, lemme send a special shout out to people who were and have been consistent in making this thread a success: @40manlappy (you no answer some of my PMs in the early days of my membership here sha, I still dey beef you-smiley), @Kontagious, @happytbaby (God bless you plenty), @Glitteringstar, our able landlady and data analyst, @cochtrane, @einsteino, @Blackbuddy, @mcstan18 (you snuck up on us and became a formidable “elder” smiley), @Hephgirl (I miss you in our midst.), @Elfmannisback (thank you for being our police here), @ysteph, @Ethelia, @luffyhaki, @Tojued, @ArabianRose @TEECANN, @Threemg, @vcole @smslive2 @agates @ jholarharde and many many others I can’t name here. Una too plenty ooooo. Thank you for all the love and support. You guys made the wait easy to bear.

…Off to continue dancing! See you guys lerra

Congratulations @Newmum0615 my sister.

God delivered a victorious ending to you laddened with praises!

I'm so happy for you and your family that this ended in beautiful praises to His mighty name.

Meanwhile, as a senior citizen of NL (been around since 2008 cool cool), I confer on you this day award of the longest and most detailed PPR announcement post till date. grin

Maka why nne? grin But you tried sha, very good resource there for newbies to glean into for proper guidance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianBae: 9:35pm On Aug 01, 2018
Osaze007:

Lol are you a girl ? Let’s meet O Canada is getting cold

Hahahaha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by bibi2017: 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
Tojued:
I know the thread is on shutdown but please I need assistance with Ladoke Akintola University transcript / verification. A reliable contact will be much appreciated.
Cc guitarlife, Mosbiod.

LAUTECH can be a nightmare. I looked up the VC’s email address on the internet. Didnt get an acknowledgement but got WES update shortly after.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Abbylee: 9:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
Very well deserved!! Congrats!!!

Newmum0615:
You guys!!! I am so emotional right now. Even the mail didn't pull up my emotions the way you all are doing today. I am reading your messages and I am thanking God for giving me the opportunity to be in your midst. I have got a wonderful family here.

I love love love you guys. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by JesusBabyyy: 9:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
oh dear!!! BIG CONGRATULATIONS @Newmum0615!!! something kept telling me to check NL all evening!
oh this is good news!
May the good Lord bless you and yours and may the cannyland favour you. Amen!

It’s my turn. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Dizzy007(m): 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2018
BIG Congratulations Newmum0615.!!!!.

Newmum0615:
It’s my turn. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sunvick(m): 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
Awwwww.... Finally! HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS Newmum0615.

Still waiting for my own goodnews.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CPEThorpe(m): 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
Congratulations @Newmum0615 your celebrations are in order. I remember reading from the last thread where your were pleading with admin not to shut down the thread yet, as you wanted to announce your PPR on that thread. However, it has come at its God's appointed time. I celebrate with you.
Newmum0615:

It’s my turn. grin

It has been a lonnnnng but rewarding experience here on this thread and in this EE journey. I have learnt a lot through months of research and waiting. If you had told me anything about relocating from Nigeria before the second week of August 2017, I would have rolled my eyes at you in apparent indifference. I was never one for living abroad. I love visiting on vacations, buying plenty stuff and coming back home. However, one day at the end of the 2nd week of August 2017, I was in the car with my husband, on our way to work and I remember vividly how I stumbled on Testden while browsing through the internet that morning. I decided to read a little and I just became fascinated with the practice texts and solving the questions. A colleague of mine who moved to Australia last year had been harping on about migrating, but I had no such plans. Hubby and I are doing quite well here, and I am also so close to my parents that the thought of staying so far away from them kept me from taking the leap.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Kmgb: 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
Newmum0615:
I had to laugh at this grin You want police to come and arrest me and charge me with causing people HBP on Nairaland?

Woww,I can only say u deserve all the accolades, thanks for being a great resource to many of us,I particularly admire how u didn't freak out upon the constant calling of your name...God bless u and your family plenty

P.:S what's the name of that school again,lemme start from there grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by olabellruk: 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ehn ehn,

I don talk am before. Once again. Congratulations. Though I don't know you personally but you are a wonderful woman. May God bless you and your household for all the wonderful help you have been rendering to us all.

Abeg I don pm u

Newmum0615:

It’s my turn. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by DadR: 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
It is not of him that willeth, neither of him that runneth but of the Lord that showeth mercy.

7 pages (and still counting) celebrating a selfless being
Plenty silent readers came out of their hidden places to voice out and celebrate a leader who has been leading by serving.

Of a truth, you are one of a kind. Your PPR announcement and showers of celebration have taught me never to relent in doing good. You're really worthy of emulation. Recall I called you when you were offline for almost three days. I didn't know why I worried about you. wink

Thanks for reviewing the JD for my new NOC. Thanks for gingering me not to give up on this journey. Thanks for encouraging me to prepare well for my next IELTS (4th attempt). Thanks for sending me questions on writing and wanting to review the answer (though I'm yet to attempt it) grin Thanks for responding to my emails and text messages. Thanks for picking my calls too.

I pray that the King of kings will always be there for you and your family. Help will always come your way even when you did not make any request. I hope we will still have you around. I also hope we meet someday.

Much love for you @newmum0615.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Livy2018: 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2018
Congrats newmum0615, soo happy for you. Indeed this month will be a great month. You just opened the floodgate of PPR.

Go amd excel in Canada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fmsimple(m): 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2018
ottawasenators:
Most often than not, people usually receive their ECA report on the day specified by WES.

I'm also in same ship now, waiting for ECA completion this August, after battling with school to send transcript, then battling with WES to send verification mail via email and not post only, waging world war 3 with school to respond to verification email, hmmmm. Truly this journey is not for the faint hearted.

In the middle WW3 with WES verification by email and post. School not receiving either. Now over 10 weeks waiting to complete this rate-limiting step. A bit frustrating.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Lovell234(m): 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2018
CONGRATULATIONS Newmum0615
Your selflessness is second to none. You are always willing to help.

I can only wish you nothing but the best as you put papers together.
Once again congratulations.

Newmum0615:

It’s my turn. grin

It has been a lonnnnng but rewarding experience here on this thread and in this EE journey. I have learnt a lot through months of research and waiting. If you had told me anything about relocating from Nigeria before the second week of August 2017, I would have rolled my eyes at you in apparent indifference. I was never one for living abroad. I love visiting on vacations, buying plenty stuff and coming back home. However, one day at the end of the 2nd week of August 2017, I was in the car with my husband, on our way to work and I remember vividly how I stumbled on Testden while browsing through the internet that morning. I decided to read a little and I just became fascinated with the practice texts and solving the questions. A colleague of mine who moved to Australia last year had been harping on about migrating, but I had no such plans. Hubby and I are doing quite well here, and I am also so close to my parents that the thought of staying so far away from them kept me from taking the leap.

Initially, practicing the IELTS questions was just for fun but I had a light bulb moment one day while still recovering from a surgery that almost cost me my life in a Nigerian hospital. A supposedly ‘big’ hospital. Why not take the test and work towards getting outta here? I asked myself. Hubby didn't agree at first. He is a believer now.

So voila! My first connection to anything Canadian was the IELTS test discovery via Testden. During my recuperation period, I decided that I needed a better life not just for myself but also for my kids. I considered Australia, but there is a disconnect between my first degree and work experience so I didn’t stand a chance. Canada was next on my list. I went on to research on the internet; CIC site and Nairaland popped up first among others. I have always engaged Nairaland as my go-to place for 1st hand practical experience on just about anything. It really needs to be rated among the top internet search engines in the world. We are great like that!

So, lemme not bore you with my long story joor.

Here is my timeline:

Decision to immigrate: 2nd week of August 2017.

WES evaluation received: 15th November 2017

IELTS: L8.5 R9 S7.5 W7.5

Hubby: Did very well. Maxed out on scores.

EE profile created: 1st December 2017

ITA: 6th December 2017

AOR: 1st February 2018

NA1: 2nd February 2018

Medicals passed/IP1: 12th February 2018

NA2: 16th February 2018

IP2: 27th February 2018 (the mass movement)

1st GCMS notes (ordered via gcmsbuddy.com): April, 2018 Received in less than 2 weeks

2nd GCMS notes (ordered via gcmsbuddy.com): June, 2018 Received one month later

ADR: 2 days ago. Day 179. Height & Color info + Copies of passport biodata pages (as if I didn’t provide it before) angry

PPR Mail: 1st August 2018. Received around past noon today. I was actually speaking in faith this morning when I was teasing y'all about having correct news grin. I just had the feeling. grin

VO: Almighty London

AOR to PPR: A whooping 181 days! cry

Other details:

POF: I used 3 T-bills certificates, account statement and other sources of funds. Reference letter from bank and letter from hubby giving consent to use his own portion of the funds. Used affidavit and LOE to explain huge inflows from hubby cos they were quite significant (upfront allowance from his employer). I had almost 3 times the amount needed for a family of three, so I had to exclude other sources of funds so that I don’t complicate things with a bulky upload and overwhelm the VO.

Whew! It was a battle getting that file to compress. After a 6-hour battle on submission day, I was finally able to compress it to 3.7mb. Made a mistake on the LOE in calculating total amount, was about to upload the whole file in the POF placeholder when I got a call from hubby that he had observed a mistake from his review. Had to abort mission ( grin), correct it, rescan before remerging and uploading.

Employment: Got letter from my previous employer (didn’t use it in the end cos I couldn’t decide on the right NOC for it), added role in personal history. Used the one from my current employer, LOE explaining NOC change, work mails, Tax card, Staff ID card, my call card and that of my line manager. No payslips or SOA. Although I got maximum score for my previous role with current employer, I also declared my one and half year current role, same employer under my work history cos both roles showed on the same reference letter anyway, and so I had to upload the same doc again for this current role (Thanks happytbaby for calling my mind to this one. I might have missed it). Hmm, was so scared throughout the process cos I had used a different job title and NOC before ITA, but apparently, it wasn’t a biggie (thanks to @cochtrane, @einsteino, @happytbaby & @Blackbuddy for allaying my fears on this).

Education: IELTS TRF, ECA report, Degree certificates. ECA process was pretty straightforward, Naija Uni represented well. UK school, of course didn’t disappoint.

Hubby’s Education: No ECA done for either degree.

Medicals: Done at Q-Life a day before I submitted (I no dey plan travel soon, so had to shift it as far away as possible). Very seamless process.

Photos: Studio 24. The hard copies we did have expired in the wake of this delay. We have to retake them.

Legal document for name change: Submitted one & the same person affidavit for hubby.

LOE: Submitted Schedule A, old UK Visa refusal notes for hubby and 1, Travel History form, affidavit for one & the same person for hubby and his birth certificate (for different names on his docs).

CSE: I noticed that I had mistakenly swapped documents in the wrong placeholders. Raised CSE and notified them of the error.

GCMS Notes: 1st & 2nd were fine. No issues.

So, as I drop my pen, abi fingers (cheesy), let me acknowledge and thank everyone for the great job we are all doing here. You guys are amaaaaazing! Agents and consultants are seriously learning compared to us.

As I say thank you to each and every one, lemme send a special shout out to people who were and have been consistent in making this thread a success: @40manlappy (you no answer some of my PMs in the early days of my membership here sha, I still dey beef you-smiley), @Kontagious, @happytbaby (God bless you plenty), @Glitteringstar, our able landlady and data analyst, @cochtrane, @einsteino, @Blackbuddy, @mcstan18 (you snuck up on us and became a formidable “elder” smiley), @Hephgirl (I miss you in our midst.), @Elfmannisback (thank you for being our police here), @ysteph, @Ethelia, @luffyhaki, @Tojued, @ArabianRose @TEECANN, @Threemg, @vcole @smslive2 @agates @ jholarharde and many many others I can’t name here. Una too plenty ooooo. Thank you for all the love and support. You guys made the wait easy to bear.

I kept trusting God and believing that my turn will come one day. Months back, I wrote my goods-to-follow list, made a list of all that we were going to sell off. I even decided on the school my son will go to if we were ever able to get a house within the boundary of the school board. I have researched and researched, now it feels like I already live in Canada (except for the cold. grin). I appreciate the Planning for Canada session I was privileged to attend. It’s a pity that the opportunity may end soon. It really helped with my planning.

I appreciate you all for all the times you wished that this day would come sooner. Every time I saw a post praying for my PPR, I would pray and ask God to answer the prayer. May God Almighty, the One who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we can ever think, ask or even imagine make our ways prosperous and grant us all fulfilled lives in Canada.

We shall meet in Canada one day. One day soon.

Excuse my dramatic post. I wasn’t going to type all these, but you guys have waited for this day, so I didn’t want to fall hand. It has been one hell of a wait. I was expecting serious excitement the day this PPR would come, but I am not as excited as I thought I would be. It’s even surprising to me. I think I am even a little afraid, but God has got me. We will all flourish in Canada. It's a must!

PS: To all our newbies, please take time out to read and understand this process. When you take offense at people who ask you to read more, it gives the impression that people that did exactly that are foolish. Imagine that no one took out time to study the process, who would you have confidence to ask for guidance? Please read, read and read. It can be overwhelming, I know, but the benefits surmount every stress you might encounter in figuring where and how to start. To access even the most basic of services in our Maple Leaf country, you would need to read and understand your rights and entitlements as a PR, T&Cs of certain services and all. Why not start now and imbibe that behavior?

…Off to continue dancing! See you guys lerra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CPEThorpe(m): 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
Please, while we are still enmeshed with the celebration of @Newmum0615 's PPR, I would like to make some quick observations and enquiries:
1. I wrote IELTS on June 2nd and scored LRWS 8,8.5,6.5,7.5 and I immediately ordered for remark (EOR) on July 1. I didn't get any mail from BC so I decided to go to their Port-Harcourt office today and Lo, my result was already there (So if you are expecting EOR and it's over 3 weeks, I would advice you to go to the office, there are lots of EOR TRF awaiting pick-up)
2. While I plan to rewrite IELTS and also awaiting my ECA, I want to apply for MPNP Skilled Worker Overseas (not MPNP-FSW EE) before their next draw, so I will like to know if it's possible to apply for both PNP and EE (when the new IELTS and ECA is out) without raising any issue?
I will also like to ask, if I.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wizean(m): 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2018
I have a contact for undergraduate verification. Pls PM me if that is what you need.

Tojued:
Cc guitarlife, Mosbiod.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by BishopHNO: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
Congrats our NOC Queen and SuperNewMum! You are selfless, and if not for this Maple journey, we for all stay back enthrone your Naija Presido next year.

Just see the joy on this platform today, and that is a testament of your invaluable support. Although, most of us here don't know you, but from your posts here, we can all see your beautiful heart and disposition.

It is indeed sweet August, our month of new beginning. Please don't fully port to Living in Canada thread, still dey hala us here, and insha allah, we shall all meet in Canny.

Go and prosper in your new home

Big congratulations from all your mentees here!

Newmum0615:

It’s my turn. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Synway: 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
Newmum0615:

It’s my turn. grin

Finally Newmum0615!!!! Dancing in praise with you! Congrats and May you never lack help as you enter our motherland �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2018
Left this thread around 12:59pm, returned at exactly 8:50 to find "11" fresh pages to cover! Nothing came to mind other than Newmum's PPR announcement.

@Newmum, congratulations to you and family. You are loved by many. Please don't leave the thread sad
@Newdad, congratulations! May Cannyland favour you.
@Elfmannisback, congrats on your passport collection
@Stoncoldcafe, was waiting for the tambourine picture, didn't know you had a special one reserved for Newmum grin

No matter the phase we all are, we will celebrate soon.

I think part 4 can now end in peace. grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Medal007: 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2018
On a serious note we need to impeach this our Nairaland @JT where is he on a day like this but sha if he doesn't know his work lemme use this opportunity to declare 2 days public holiday, that is no questions for 2 days on this thread, had to lie to my spouse when I checked the thread this evening because I don't want her waking up the little man.
I'm so happy for you and at the same time moved with all what I've been reading about you @Newmum0615 you are indeed one in 180million, just go to the maple leaf country to excel but please we need people like you at the Elm of the affairs of this great nation of ours maybe if you can come back later to steer her to the land of glory but sha hmmm 9ja you are truly losing a gem.
With your selfless service to people of this thread and Nigerians you are hereby awarded the congressional Medal of honour, the Noble price for........, the woman of the year and za other awards that I don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by phf2be: 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
Congratulations @Newmum. It's been quite a journey...!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Compu001: 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
If it is medical school, I can be of help. But for the main campus, I don't know. Maybe I will help I ask from the lady

Tojued:
Cc guitarlife, Mosbiod.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by beges: 10:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
Seniors
I urgently need your advice.i want to evaluate only my law school certificate with Iqas cos my uni is delaying
.Will I still get a favourable evaluation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Loffloff: 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hello family.. Please what's the best handwork I can learn within 2months before landing in Canada ? I was thinking of hair making or catering.please kindly advise ..thank you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.