Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Buhari Survives Impeachment Notice In Senate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Survives Impeachment Notice In Senate (28167 Views)

Oshiomhole Survives Impeachment, Gets Vote Of Confidence / Impeachment Notice: PDP Reps Threaten To Block Buhari’s Request On INEC Budget / Buhari Survives Plot To Scuttle Re-election Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Survives Impeachment Notice In Senate by surgical: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
BrutusOj:
They should exercise patience till 2019 to send that dulllard home forever
never delay till tomorrow what you can today.
Re: Buhari Survives Impeachment Notice In Senate by Kaycee625(m): 11:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
Kutis2030:
sorry bros just keep on praying to God for things to get better impeachment can not solve the problem of Nigeria it only prayer we need now for things to get better
this your statement is why nigeria is not developing,instead of taking actions to make the country better you prefer to pray to God so that he will come down from heaven, and provide security,welfare, job opportunities, good schools for you,the earlier you realise your destiny is in your hand and start taking pragmatic actions the better for you.
Re: Buhari Survives Impeachment Notice In Senate by Kaycee625(m): 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
ehie:
Buhari's government reminds me of the rule of the 30 Tyrants in Greece.

These tyrants ruled for 8 months and were installed by Sparta on Greece

1.The Thirty reduced the rights of Athenian citizens in order to institute an oligarchical regime.(muzzling the senate, giving the executive absolute power)

2.The Thirty appointed a council of 500 to serve the judicial functions formerly belonging to all the citizens (The Phantom Cabal, Magu, Daura and Idris and Buraitai)

3. The Thirty chose 3,000 Athenian men "to share in the government"

4. These hand-selected individuals had the right to carry weapons, to have a jury trial, and to reside within city limits

5.The Thirty appointed these select few as the only men the Thirty could find who were devotedly loyal to their regime

6.Led by Critias, the Thirty Tyrants presided over a reign of terror in which they executed, murdered, and exiled hundreds of Athenians, seizing their possessions afterward. Both Isocrates and Aristotle (the latter in the Athenian Constitution) have reported that the Thirty executed 1500 people without trial.(We are getting there gradually, with SARS, Fulani Herdsmen and who knows what in the making)

7.Critias, a former pupil of Socrates, has been described as "the first Robespierre because of his cruelty and inhumanity; he evidently aimed to end democracy, regardless of the human cost.(The midget comes to mind)

8.The Thirty removed criminals as well as many ordinary citizens whom they considered "unfriendly" to the new regime for expressing support for the democracy. One of their targets was Theramenes, whom Critias believed was a threat to the rule of the oligarchy. (Dino Melaye Saga)

9. Critias accused Theramenes of conspiracy and treason, and then forced him to drink hemlock.Many wealthy citizens were executed simply so the oligarchs could confiscate their assets, which were then distributed among the Thirty and their supporters.(Looters asset confiscation) They also hired 300 "lash-bearers" or whip-bearing men to intimidate Athenian citizens.[Police)

10. The Thirty's regime did not meet with much overt opposition, although many Athenians disliked the new form of government. Those who did not approve of the new laws could either fight ‒ and risk exile or execution ‒ or accept the Thirty's rule.[Tuface muzzling, EFCC hound Dogs)

11. Some supporters of democracy chose to fight and were exiled, among them Thrasybulus, a trierarch in the Athenian navy and noted supporter of democratic government.(IPOB is the only group fighting it from exile)

12. The uprising that overthrew the Thirty in 403 BCE was orchestrated by a group of exiles led by Thrasybulus. Critias was killed in the initial revolt. (Amen and amen, may it come to pass as it was may it be)

hello am fascinated by your narration about the thirty tyrant rule in greece,didnt know we still had smart ladies in nigeria that read beyound school texts, am currently not in nigeria, if you dont mind send me a message on my email,would like to keep in touch,kuzendu@gmail.com
Re: Buhari Survives Impeachment Notice In Senate by Kutis2030(m): 5:52am On Apr 27, 2018
Kaycee625:

this your statement is why nigeria is not developing,instead of taking actions to make the country better you prefer to pray to God so that he will come down from heaven, and provide security,welfare, job opportunities, good schools for you,the earlier you realise your destiny is in your hand and start taking pragmatic actions the better for you.
just tell me which action can u take? don't take law into ur hand
Re: Buhari Survives Impeachment Notice In Senate by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 27, 2018
Kaycee625:

hello am fascinated by your narration about the thirty tyrant rule in greece,didnt know we still had smart ladies in nigeria that read beyound school texts, am currently not in nigeria, if you dont mind send me a message on my email,would like to keep in touch,kuzendu@gmail.com
dont do pms sorry about that
Re: Buhari Survives Impeachment Notice In Senate by greatman247(m): 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2018
cyberguy72:
Election re order didn't fail.Senate is appealing the judgement

It had failed and died down and they simply won't make any headway with that. It simply targeted at the current and future president that they don't and won't like. So if they get re-elected they can have apple time to campaign against such president. But now that the president elections come first, they lack such luxury of time to campaign against anybody when their own election is not even sure that they will win and their own election not even done yet. Anyway I'm not supporting Buhari though but truth be told. I'm for anyone who is out to do good to this great nation.
Re: Buhari Survives Impeachment Notice In Senate by cyberguy72(m): 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
greatman247:

It had failed and died down and they simply won't make any headway with that. It simply targeted at the current and future president that they don't and won't like. So if they get re-elected they can have apple time to campaign against such president. But now that the president elections come first, they lack such luxury of time to campaign against anybody when their own election is not even sure that they will win and their own election not even done yet. Anyway I'm not supporting Buhari though but truth be told. I'm for anyone who is out to do good to this great nation.
My friend am telling you that the Senate has appealed the High court judgement
Re: Buhari Survives Impeachment Notice In Senate by greatman247(m): 8:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
cyberguy72:
My friend am telling you that the Senate has appealed the High court judgement

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Federal Character? / Rotimi Amaechi Pictured With Qin Jian Of China, During His Courtesy Visit Today / Police Surround APC National Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.