Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Do Not Boast About Tomorrow - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Boast About Tomorrow (561 Views)

Most PASTORS TODAY ARE ATHEISTS, They Dont Just Boast About It / Stop Worrying About Tomorrow / "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Boast About Tomorrow by PastorAde: 12:35pm On May 18, 2010
[center]Do Not Boast About Tomorrow[/center]

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the First and the Last (Revelation 22: 13).

My times are in Your hands (Psalm 31: 15a).

Do not boast about tomorrow; for you do not know not what a day may bring forth (Proverbs 27: 1).

For none of us lives to himself, and no man dies to himself. For whether we live, we live to the Lord; and whether we die, we die to the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that He might be the Lord both of the dead and living (Romans 14:7-9).

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast or brag. All such boasting is evil. Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins (James 4: 13-17).

One of the great attributes of God is His ability to know the future. That is why He is called the Omniscient God – the all-knowing God. No mortal man has the ability to know tomorrow except by divine revelation from the Almighty God. That is why a mortal man should not boast about tomorrow.

In the first passage above Jesus addresses Himself as the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the First and the Last. All these names mean the same thing. He is the Alpha, the Beginning and the First. As the Beginning, He existed with God before all other things created. He is also the Omega, the end and the Last. That means as the end, or the Last, He alone knows the future. Everything ends up in Him – “For of Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things: to whom be glory for ever, Amen” (Romans 12:36). It is therefore a sin to boast about tomorrow, for no one knows what a day may bring forth. Having this knowledge, therefore, man ought to commit his life to the all- knowing God because out times are in His hands.

The first part of the fourth passage above says none of us lives to himself, and no man dies to himself. This means if we are alive, we are the Lord’s responsibility. If we die, we are also the Lord’s responsibility. This is a food for thought. You and I cannot live our lives apart from God and cannot just boast about our future. Our future is in His hands. We are told in the second part of the fourth passage that “For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that He might be the Lord both of the dead and living”.

Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead. As many as give their lives to Him and confess Him as Lord and Savior will be saved and end up in Him. As many as reject Him will be damned and have their part in hell. God did not prepare hell for man, but for satan and his angels. Those who accept Christ are only agreeing with God’s plan of salvation and a secure future for themselves. Will you be saved and secure? Will you end up in the Omega, the end, and the Last? If yes, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayer and counseling: write, call, or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Which Do You Pay First Tithe Or Debt / A Tale That Brings Tears, Praise: / What's Your Favourite Bible Verse(s) ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.