Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves (24797 Views)

Coronavirus: El-Rufai’s Wife, Hadiza & Son Ask Nigerians To Pray For Governor / Ruga: Nwodo Reacts To Northern Group’s Threat, Asks Igbo To Defend Themselves / Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by asawanathegreat(m): 9:16am On Apr 27, 2018
Buhari will only resign after 2023 not now pls

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by mekonglobal(m): 9:16am On Apr 27, 2018
No he wont, except may be if two things occure here; 1. God retiring him naturally tru death. 2. If the senate goes ahead and are successful with the impeachment process.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by proeast(m): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2018
Very good, let the id!ot resign immediately. This is too much!!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Firgemachar: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Didn't read the communiqué based on some gut feeling-. True men of God never behave this way. The bishops have been encapsulated in ethnic politics, reason why they never appeal to God for intercession in this issue.
Curiosity compelled me to check the signatories to the press release . I wasn't surprised about the identity of the culprits. It can only be them.

Are you a looonatic

Was it their kinsmen that were killed
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Firgemachar: 9:32am On Apr 27, 2018
rainylad:

The only set of people capable of such senseless comment as yours are predominantly found in the SouthWest of Nigeria,most likely with a black dot on your forehead...fact.

You are wrong!
The looonatic is an abokki
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Xano(m): 9:35am On Apr 27, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Didn't read the communiqué based on some gut feeling-. True men of God never behave this way. The bishops have been encapsulated in ethnic politics, reason why they never appeal to God for intercession in this issue.
Curiosity compelled me to check the signatories to the press release . I wasn't surprised about the identity of the culprits. It can only be them.

If you are a Christian, study the Books of Joshua, Judges, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles and 2 Chronicles.
Check 1 Chronicles 1.

Through the Ages, God's children were taught to defend themselves and win wars with confidence.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by LZAA: 9:36am On Apr 27, 2018
immhotep:
Bishop Camillus Umoh has become an Igbo IPOB member grin grin
cc lzaa onyeoga shallysgirl
grin grin
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by godliman: 9:38am On Apr 27, 2018
THESE BISHOPS PAID THE PRESIDENT A VISIT FEW WEEKS AGO, WERE THEY MAN ENOUGH TO CALL ON HIM TO RESIGN? THEY ARE PLAYING SAVE. THEY A PART OF THE CLAMOUR THAT BROUGHT THIS EVIL UPON US. THEY CRY NOW BECAUSE THEIR MEN ARE KILLED.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by jawjaw1: 9:41am On Apr 27, 2018
Pataricatering:
which Catholic Church has been renowned historically for fighting injustice ? Go and read up on activities of the Catholic Church in Rwanda and Germany when genocide was happening to the Jews and the Tutsi! Have they not for decades covered up abuse of young Boys in their churches ? Abeg ! This is a reasonable call though !

You have mentioned just a few instances of where the Catholic Church failed to do what is right. However, like he said, there are hundreds of instances where the Catholic Church has stood up for the oppressed. A good example is Nigeria. From the days of military rule till date, the Catholic Church has stood on the side of the people and spoken truth to power.

There are lots of other instances in Europe and North America. So he is absolutely right in saying the Catholic Church has a history, a rich one infact, of standing up for the people against negative vices and governments. So this call by the Catholic Bishops of Nigeria is very typical and in line with their mandate to be shepherds of the people.

Back to the current situation in Nigeria. I keep wondering what gives this government and its supporters the feeling that they are making progress and everything is well despite the feelings on ground. Is it the large crowds of people who gather to see Buhari every where he goes to in the core north? Or is there something else we don't know? Even those of us outside Nigeria can feel the mode of the nation, let alone people who are supposed to be running the country.

It is most unfortunate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by enlady(f): 9:47am On Apr 27, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Buharism is a disabling psychiatric disorder - Farook Kperogi, 2018
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Kassie4: 9:48am On Apr 27, 2018
i always feel tired and angry any time i hear about this herdsmen killings. I feel we the christians have prayed enough and it is time to act. enough of the holier than thou character. lets take it up physically, let us be armed and go to the battle field the way our father David (in the bible) did. the more we fold our arms doing nothing, the more this sadist are taking advantage by killing more christians. i feel God is jux there observing and waiting for us christians to use the brains he gave us.
I therefore charge us all to go get ammunition and face them in mass.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by 400billionman: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2018
ufuosman:
Buhari no go agree, d man no dey hear advice. No just know wetin be buhari problem
Zuma resigned Mugabe resigned. Some of you deserve multiple slaps.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Malawian(m): 10:03am On Apr 27, 2018
clarocuzioo:
It is a National tragedy, it's unfortunate that we are in this mess. The most annoying aspect of the whole thing is that Osibanjo who is supposed to protect the interest of the church is telling us to keep praying when people are being killed on per second billing.
Osibanjo the blood of every clergyman, and by extension every Christian killed in this administration is on your head because you are so comfortable with it when you are supposed to protect them as you represent their intrest.
It's even heartbreaking the more that some people still wants to vote this administration again, For my following friends
Buhariguy
Madridguy
Gavelsam
Sarrki
Igbodefender
Yarimo and all those supporting this govt,
May the kind of peace experienced in Nigeria today never depart from your household and generation.
May your businesses and careers be run the way it is done in this administration.
May your household and generation Continue to "smile" the way Nigerians are "smiling" in this administration .
May the value of life of your household and generation be valued the way lives are valued in this administration.
May things continue to work for your household and generation the way it's working in this administration.
Since the sanctity of human lives no longer mean anything to us just because of stupid tribal, ethnic and religious sentiments.

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by 400billionman: 10:19am On Apr 27, 2018
africanusvu:
Good call.but I think Fr Mbaka should resign first.where is that man now
grin Mbaka said God told him Buhari was Nigerians saviour just because GEJ wife snubbed him. People full of themselves claiming Men of God.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by africanusvu(m): 10:22am On Apr 27, 2018
400billionman:
grin Mbaka said God told him Buhari was Nigerians saviour just because GEJ wife snubbed him. People full of themselves claiming Men of God.
.I am disappointed in mbaka
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by biggy26: 10:24am On Apr 27, 2018
clarocuzioo:
It is a National tragedy, it's unfortunate that we are in this mess. The most annoying aspect of the whole thing is that Osibanjo who is supposed to protect the interest of the church is telling us to keep praying when people are being killed on per second billing.
Osibanjo the blood of every clergyman, and by extension every Christian killed in this administration is on your head because you are so comfortable with it when you are supposed to protect them as you represent their intrest.
It's even heartbreaking the more that some people still wants to vote this administration again, For my following friends
Buhariguy
Madridguy
Gavelsam
Sarrki
Igbodefender
May the kind of peace experienced in Nigeria today never depart from your household and generation.
May your businesses and careers be run the way it is done in this administration.
May your household and generation Continue to "smile" the way Nigerians are "smiling" in this administration .
May the value of life of your household and generation be valued the way lives are valued in this administration.
May things continue to work for your household and generation the way it's working in this administration.
Since the sanctity of human lives no longer mean anything to us just because of stupid tribal, ethnic and religious sentiments.
I feel you my bro. so so annoying. But you didn't add 'purewatermeji' to your list.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by biggy26: 10:31am On Apr 27, 2018
SalamRushdie:
I have been calling for the resignation of Buhari for 2 years now and it time all Nigerians come to together to ask Buhari to leave us in peace ... Buhari is the worst specimen of human character ..we are dealing with a character that is 10 times more wicked than Al Bagdadi and 100 times more cunning ...The bitter truth is that Buhari has a bipolar disorder that makes him errorneously feel he is Nigeria's Messaiah in the day time while at night he is Usman Danfodio fighting a Jihad to complete the work Danfodio couldn't ... Buhari is a dangerous psychopath mistakening Nigeria for the 18th century and he a re-incarnatiion of another psychopath called Usman Dan Fodio...Impeach Buhari , get him to resign , vote him out !!! Do what you must but this must be his last tenure.
You have spoken well. In fact, I wish Nigerians could create a hash tag with resign now! That's d only way to kill his devilish second term agenda and stop carnage going on right now in the country!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by biggy26: 10:35am On Apr 27, 2018
africanusvu:
Good call.but I think Fr Mbaka should resign first.where is that man now
Gbam!
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by 400billionman: 10:37am On Apr 27, 2018
semyman:
All the shared loot form the ineffectual buffoon is exhausted I guess?
Stop making a fool of yourself online
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by bong4(m): 10:41am On Apr 27, 2018
doctokwus:
They should have dated it for record purposes and future reference,because I can't find a date.
Be that as it may,the Catholic Church has made all true Christians,and indeed true believers of God proud.
I have said it in the past that people saying they are waiting for 2019 to vote Buhari out are being naive,poorly informed and living in delusion.
Buhari should be forced to resign because his continued stay in office till 2019 may lead to the breakup of Nigeria or even the possibility of nationwide civil strife.We shouldn't allow that happen.

The Catholic Church worldwide has been known historically for standing up to fight injustice,poor governance and dictatorship.
Kudos to the reverred catholic bishops.Christ himself would be proud.
Buhari should leave the scene now because he has never had and will never have the mental,intellectual or bigot-free capacity to govern a hamlet,talkless 150million+ Nigerians.

You are a true Nigerian. Why do we have to wait till 2019 to remove him? How many people will remain by then? PVC or no PVC, as long as I pay my tax, i demand good governance from any govt and they are answerable to me. PVC is used once in four years, your tax payment status can be used at all times. The time for a change of government is NOW!! Buhari must go!
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Maseke: 10:56am On Apr 27, 2018
angryThe blood of innocent Nigerians killed will hurt Buhari and his devilish supporters
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by doctokwus: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2018
bong4:

You are a true Nigerian. Why do we have to wait till 2019 to remove him? How many people will remain by then? PVC or no PVC, as long as I pay my tax, i demand good governance from any govt and they are answerable to me. PVC is used once in four years, your tax payment status can be used at all times. The time for a change of government is NOW!! Buhari must go!
Many eligible voters in Benue for eg have been killed,displaced from voting points or lost their PVC'S when they ran and family ran for dear lives or had their houses and properties razed.Ditto Plateau and Taraba.
So it pays the government to be indifferent to the situation in Benue which the government knows APC has lost bcoz that reduces the votes against Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by maxist2020(m): 10:57am On Apr 27, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

shame on your generation
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 27, 2018
godliman:
THESE BISHOPS PAID THE PRESIDENT A VISIT FEW WEEKS AGO, WERE THEY MAN ENOUGH TO CALL ON HIM TO RESIGN? THEY ARE PLAYING SAVE. THEY A PART OF THE CLAMOUR THAT BROUGHT THIS EVIL UPON US. THEY CRY NOW BECAUSE THEIR MEN ARE KILLED.
you seriously cannot dare a Catholic bishop, you case will be treated from the Vatican
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by naijalodge(m): 11:06am On Apr 27, 2018
Amen!
clarocuzioo:
Buhariguy
Madridguy
Gavelsam
Sarrki
Igbodefender
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by OtorStrain(m): 11:11am On Apr 27, 2018
May all the supporters and sponsors of the Fulani herdsmen not live to see 2019 as we'll be voting out the most senseless President on planet.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by autoprogsysng: 11:16am On Apr 27, 2018
I have said this over and over. Let's kill these people in return and things will go back to normal. Prayer will not solve anything.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by uyicos: 11:22am On Apr 27, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Oni Problem
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by PHILipu1(m): 11:36am On Apr 27, 2018
OtorStrain:
May all the supporters and sponsors of the Fulani herdsmen not live to see 2019 as we'll be voting out the most senseless President on planet.
Then you will vote in Atiku,Lamido,Kwakwoso whom are also Fulanis abi?
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Sajio(m): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2018
ezugegere:
Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria has just asked Buhari to take the part of honour and step down
.... Where is father Mbaka?? This was a priest that saw all manner of vision(how PMB would take Nigeria to a better place) using God told me and all that to deceive ppl. How e con be now; where ppl(bishop) from his ministry are now asking the man(PMB) God told him will liberate Nigeria to resign?? For Nigerians running after miracle, this could be an eye opener... FOR BY THEIR FOOT YOU SHALL KNOW THEM.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Max24: 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
Where is Mbaka when you need him the most. Hope his prophesy of saviour Buhari over Jonathan has come to pass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okorocha: APC May Collapse After Buhari’s Tenure / Ore Falomo Is Dead / INEC Suspends Voters Registration Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.