Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves (24782 Views)

Coronavirus: El-Rufai’s Wife, Hadiza & Son Ask Nigerians To Pray For Governor / Ruga: Nwodo Reacts To Northern Group’s Threat, Asks Igbo To Defend Themselves / Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Chrisfranagent: 12:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
Okay, na now una get sense
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by TheUbermensch: 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Didn't read the communiqué based on some gut feeling-. True men of God never behave this way. The bishops have been encapsulated in ethnic politics, reason why they never appeal to God for intercession in this issue.
Curiosity compelled me to check the signatories to the press release . I wasn't surprised about the identity of the culprits. It can only be them.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by orisa37: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
GOWON, OBJ, IBB, TYD, TRUMP, AFENIFERE, OHANEZE AND NOW CATHOLIC BISHOPS, ALL WANT BUHARI TO RESIGN.. SATAN IS SURELY BEHIND HIM. GOD HELP NIGERIA IJN AMEN.!!!
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by janykute: 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
clarocuzioo:
It is a National tragedy, it's unfortunate that we are in this mess. The most annoying aspect of the whole thing is that Osibanjo who is supposed to protect the interest of the church is telling us to keep praying when people are being killed on per second billing.
Osibanjo the blood of every clergyman, and by extension every Christian killed in this administration is on your head because you are so comfortable with it when you are supposed to protect them as you represent their intrest.
It's even heartbreaking the more that some people still wants to vote this administration again, For my following friends
Buhariguy
Madridguy
Gavelsam
Sarrki
Igbodefender
Yarimo and all those supporting this govt,
May the kind of peace experienced in Nigeria today never depart from your household and generation.
May your businesses and careers be run the way it is done in this administration.
May your household and generation Continue to "smile" the way Nigerians are "smiling" in this administration .
May the value of life of your household and generation be valued the way lives are valued in this administration.
May things continue to work for your household and generation the way it's working in this administration.
Since the sanctity of human lives no longer mean anything to us just because of stupid tribal, ethnic and religious sentiments.
Please add Omenkalives and Ngeneukwuenu in that your curse.They truly Deserve that prayer
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Malawian(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
semyman:
All the shared loot form the ineffectual buffoon is exhausted I guess?
I believe this statement was made by TY Danjuma. someone should ask him "How Market"
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Didn't read the communiqué based on some gut feeling-. True men of God never behave this way. The bishops have been encapsulated in ethnic politics, reason why they never appeal to God for intercession in this issue.
Curiosity compelled me to check the signatories to the press release . I wasn't surprised about the identity of the culprits. It can only be them.
you and all those pressing the like n share icon do u have a heart?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
Evablizin:
My dear,God bless you.

Able Nigerian youth spotted.

I suspect you are Catholic.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
rainylad:

The only set of people capable of such senseless comment as yours are predominantly found in the Southeast of Nigeria,most likely with a black dot on your forehead...fact.

Fixed!
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2018
Firgemachar:

You are wrong!
The looonatic is an abokki

Don't mind that one. She has a problem called Yorubaphobia. The PTSD of the civil war is getting to her.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by rainylad(f): 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
5thElement:

Fixed!

Otondo guy.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by rainylad(f): 3:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
5thElement:

Don't mind that one. She has a problem called Yorubaphobia. The PTSD of the civil war is getting to her.

grin cheesy..my point can pain you sha.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Angelfrost(m): 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
Resign??! I laugh. A position he been scheming, killing, and agitating for through out his adult existence. There is no honour among Nigerian, and by extension, African politicians. In good old societies, a leader that performs as abysmal as our president has, not only resigns, but publicly commits suicide. Poor leadership was synonymous with treason.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by shizzle1: 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
Max24:
Where is Mbaka when you need him the most. Hope his prophesy of saviour Buhari over Jonathan has come to pass.
dont mind that stupid man. He is such an embarrassment to the Catholic church, ever since he helped bring this failure of a govt to power via his constant tirade against Jonathan , he lost every respect I ever had for him
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by MChaze25(m): 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
Does he need the pope to visit him before he listens in his grave like it happened with Abacha?
Dare not play with Christians or .....

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by MChaze25(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

If I slap you ehhhh...
You will follow your buhari out of this country in 2019!!
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by wakeupafricanyo: 5:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
#getyouPVC

#votewise

DANKWAMBO IS THE ANSWER
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by reality1010: 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
ezugegere:
Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria has just asked Buhari to take the part of honour and step down
How about Cardinal Onaiyekan and Anthony Okojie?These ppl castigated GEJ and told d world and Catholic faithfuls that PMB was d best.Men in cassock and politics.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Splashme: 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
doctokwus:
They should have dated it for record purposes and future reference,because I can't find a date.
Be that as it may,the Catholic Church has made all true Christians,and indeed true believers of God proud.
The Catholic Church worldwide has been known historically for standing up to fight injustice,poor governance and dictatorship.
Kudos to the reverred catholic bishops.Christ himself would be proud.
I have said it in the past that people saying they are waiting for 2019 to vote Buhari out are being naive,poorly informed and living in delusion.
Buhari should be forced to resign because his continued stay in office till 2019 may lead to the breakup of Nigeria or even the possibility of nationwide civil strife.We shouldn't allow that happen.
Buhari should leave the scene now because he has never had and will never have the mental,intellectual or bigot-free capacity to govern a hamlet,talkless 150million+ Nigerians.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by jsb(m): 9:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hope they sent a copy to Fr.Mbaka....
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Bruemath(m): 3:46am On Apr 28, 2018
Nice move
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by IgboBasthard: 5:10am On Apr 28, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Dont mind the fkatheads

Cc Imhotep LZAA Onyeara
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by IgboBasthard: 5:12am On Apr 28, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

God bless you, na the same hateful bunch from the barren side.
Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by LZAA: 9:30am On Apr 28, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Dont mind the fkatheads
Cc Imhotep LZAA Onyeara
i'm from osogbo na angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Ubenedictus(m): 10:05am On Apr 28, 2018
Pataricatering:
which Catholic Church has been renowned historically for fighting injustice ? Go and read up on activities of the Catholic Church in Rwanda and Germany when genocide was happening to the Jews and the Tutsi! Have they not for decades covered up abuse of young Boys in their churches ? Abeg ! This is a reasonable call though !
what about Burundi? el Salvador nkor? in fact apart from the pope which religious leaders condemned Nazism, do you know how many Jews were saved by Church institutions even at the risk of losing their lives?

oga stop this selective history

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by Ubenedictus(m): 6:59pm On Apr 28, 2018
reality1010:
How about Cardinal Onaiyekan and Anthony Okojie?These ppl castigated GEJ and told d world and Catholic faithfuls that PMB was d best.Men in cassock and politics.
it is their job to speak truth to power.

GEJ was lazy and was never proactive, he allowed the bokohamam menace to fester while supporting a ring of looters, okojie clearly told him so. he deserved to go and he Left

buhari isn't better, he has orchestrated Mass killings by his inaction and hasn't generally improved on Jonathan's record, bishop akubeze and co now have the responsibility of speaking truth to power and that is exactly what they have done.

that isn't partisan politics, that is the church in the service of truth, we don't pick sides we judge all according to their merits

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Ask Buhari To Resign, Ask Nigerians To Defend Themselves by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:53pm On May 05, 2018
doctokwus:
They should have dated it for record purposes and future reference,because I can't find a date.
Be that as it may,the Catholic Church has made all true Christians,and indeed true believers of God proud.
The Catholic Church worldwide has been known historically for standing up to fight injustice,poor governance and dictatorship.
Kudos to the reverred catholic bishops.Christ himself would be proud.
I have said it in the past that people saying they are waiting for 2019 to vote Buhari out are being naive,poorly informed and living in delusion.
Buhari should be forced to resign because his continued stay in office till 2019 may lead to the breakup of Nigeria or even the possibility of nationwide civil strife.We shouldn't allow that happen.
Buhari should leave the scene now because he has never had and will never have the mental,intellectual or bigot-free capacity to govern a hamlet,talkless 150million+ Nigerians.
Oya go and force him na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Visits Bomb Blast Victims In Borno Hospital (Photos) / Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi / 2023: PDP South East Presidential Aspirants Unite To Pick Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.