Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR - Technology Market (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (699874 Views)

Order Your Goods From Amazon And Ebay Today @ N425/$ Express Shipping @ $4.5/lbs / All Offerup, Letgo, Craigslist, 5miles, Ebay, Amazon Deals.*READ FIRST PAGE* / Pre-order from Amazon, eBay and Other Websites @ N430/$. Shipping $4.90/lb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by sirlop(m): 4:59am On Mar 31, 2019
aywhy93:

Hope you know some of those guys now have a way of transferring to you, you'll get the alert, it'll show your balance too, you can even confirm with your mobile app. Then after some hours, the money will bounce back. As a matter of fact, cash is still the safest form of payment. Just have a plan on how to deposit or get rid of the cash yourself. All you need to do is meet in a secure location and pay attention to your environment.
Stop misleading the young man. Money will never reflect in your account, you confirm with your mobile app and the money disappears. It’s not possible bro. Senders bank has no powers to reverse such.

1 Like

Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by lordraiden(m): 5:42am On Mar 31, 2019
sirlop:

Stop misleading the young man. Money will never reflect in your account, you confirm with your mobile app and the money disappears. It’s not possible bro. Senders bank has no powers to reverse such.
is possible bro, but it's not the sender but an insider... But if you follow up the case they will vomit your money back.. Once you see the money on your mobile app and anything hppns again... The bank should be held responsible
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by bbmike(m): 6:32am On Mar 31, 2019
sirlop:

That's what I thought.
Money cannot get into your account and go out. Impossible. People should just move out of the stone age abeg. Can't believe young people still think like this.
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by kodred(m): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2019
If money enters your account and is transferred back out, you don hammer be that!

Sue the bank asap and let them pay for the emotional trauma it caused you. cool

1 Like

Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by terrymason(m): 7:51am On Mar 31, 2019
myyki:

Truth be told the above personal isn't a scammer but a legitimate buyer.
Meanwhile Gadgethunter is afraid of the cashless payment system , and not ready to move along with the modern ways of mobile transactions.
I have receipts of the s9 I sold to him this night. In is Gbagada residents
my thought exactly!
Yesterday i bought a XS for more than 250k and na transfer i use.... every body was happy....
NB: If someone transfers to your account, kindly use mobile banking to check the authenticity, if you still dey fear, transfer the money from your account to any other bank of yours.. at least you've eliminated any reverser situation self.. Me i hate cash oh..

7 Likes

Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by lordraiden(m): 7:55am On Mar 31, 2019
kodred:
If money enters your account and is transferred back out, you don hammer be that!

Sue the bank asap and let them pay for the emotional trauma it caused you. cool
i swear
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 31, 2019
sirlop:

How do you reason like this in this 21st century? First you labeled someone a scammer.How will money reflect in your account, you see it from your Mobile app and the money disappears later? Are you listening to yourself? If such happens, your bank will be held liable. Even the so-called insiders will be traced if investigation is eventually carried out. So nobody will do such. Once money leaves senders account and drops into receivers account, senders bank has no powers to reverse the transaction.
If buyer looks dubious next time, use your mobile app to confirm. We are in a cashless economy and most people rarely move around with cash.
sirlop am talking from experience,

It happened to me before, in 2017, even banks wants to protect themselves from losing customers, they'll tell you the money was reserved but don't know if it was the network, they know what really happened but they're just trying to get themselves out of it so as customers will still have trust in them but they'll punish the person that did the job behind your back

I lost 320k then, until this today bank no find solution, ya'll are talking like technology can't be compromised

Why I detected that guy was a scammer is because he has shown the tactics scammers uses whenever they wanna scam and me as a CV boy, I go be the one to school u with new and old style of scams

So be careful about fake scam, best is if you receive alert instantly transfer that same amount into your other account, but you know what ? The scammers wont wait for you to do that rather they'll be rushing you to drop the item since they've paid, but if you do you're on own

Ur head will be turninoniown afterwards grin
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 31, 2019
wesley80:

With due respect, you're the one not exposed. If money leaves your account after 20 minutes of deposit, your bank is liable and you should take it up with them. If you're calling it "inside job" then why are you also referring to it as a scam in same breath? You're at liberty to take any precautions you deem fit for your business but you don't have to be an alarmist.
Judging from the way you sound, that guy may just have been innocent but your paranoia made you conclude you were about to be scammed and here you are plastering his phone number online without a shred of evidence.
baba I have evidence, a colleague of mine recognized him, and have evidence,

He sent me a message on WhatsApp threatening to take the case up and sue me for character defamation, I am waiting to hear from him and his lawyers

If he knows he's not a scammer let him comment here with his moniker, he has been reading messages but yet to comment

Let him come and say something about this and I will create a thread on crime section then post his pictures with evidence
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 31, 2019
terrymason:
my thought exactly!
Yesterday i bought a XS for more than 250k and na transfer i use.... every body was happy....
NB: If someone transfers to your account, kindly use mobile banking to check the authenticity, if you still dey fear, transfer the money from your account to any other bank of yours.. at least you've eliminated any reverser situation self.. Me i hate cash oh..
baba I also do bank transfer, but when a buyer start using scam tactics I'll know, this guy was using fake alert tactics which I already know how they do hence I refused his choice of payment, u wont understand
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by OmoDavido(m): 8:31am On Mar 31, 2019
My own is that I have been scammed by an aliexexpress seller. My order still haven't gotten to Nigeria since January!
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by sirlop(m): 8:33am On Mar 31, 2019
GadgetHunter:

It happened to me before, in 2017, even banks wants to protect themselves from losing customers, they'll tell you the money was reserved but don't know if it was the network, they know what really happened but they're just trying to get themselves out of it so as customers will still have trust in them but they'll punish the person that did the job behind your back

I lost 320k then, until this today bank no find solution, ya'll are talking like technology can't be compromised

Why I detected that guy was a scammer is because he has shown the tactics scammers uses whenever they wanna scam and me as a CV boy, I go be the one to school u with new and old style of scams

So be careful about fake scam, best is if you receive alert instantly transfer that same amount into your other account, but you know what ? The scammers wont wait for you to do that rather they'll be rushing you to drop the item since they've paid, but if you do you're on own

That should be more of network issue sha.Anyway one has to be careful. People are bad sha
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Stormyweather(m): 8:45am On Mar 31, 2019
OmoDavido:
My own is that I have been scammed by an aliexexpress seller. My order still haven't gotten to Nigeria since January!

what shipping method did you use? You can always chat the seller up to know what is wrong or you open a dispute when it's due.
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by kodred(m): 9:12am On Mar 31, 2019
OmoDavido:

How is that possible? Aliexpress uses escrow so there’s no way he’ll have access to the money if you did not okay it.
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Dopefiend(m): 9:13am On Mar 31, 2019
GadgetHunter:

Why didn’t you sue the bank?
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 31, 2019
Dopefiend:

Why didn’t you sue the bank?
you'll go through procedures bro, it's not easy, money time hmmm
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2019
GadgetHunter:
spamming everybody's comments shows you're the guy and you're a scammer, if you ain't the guy then why the guy himself never come defend himself, abi as he buy ur phone he also pay you to be his spoke person?

All this shows na u be that guy am talking about

I be street any tactics wey u wan us scam I go help u burst am before u even start, in all indications it shows you're the person that wanted to scam me, gbam!

You're too dull bro.
Old age is worrying you.
Ode

1 Like

Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by mctfopt: 9:44am On Mar 31, 2019
kodred:

How is that possible? Aliexpress uses escrow so there’s no way he’ll have access to the money if you did not okay it.

If the purchase protection time elapsed, whether buyer confirms the deal or not does not matter as Aliexpress will automatically confirm the deal and remit money to seller if it has passed 15 days after the usual 60 days of purchase protection. That is why it always recommended to open dispute after the 60th day or before the 15 days allowed after purchase protection runs out.

@omodavido you should have opened dispute with proof of not getting the product. Aliexpress will always pass a fair judgment.
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 31, 2019
GadgetHunter:
oga no talk wetin u no know, unless u dey help am cover up, or na u be the person self, how u take know say na the person wey buy phone for ur hand I dey refer to ??
You easily forget we're in the digital world.
We communicate and he relates the matter to me ,
If you ain't up to something bro.
You need not to fear either.
I made series of sales to nairalanders, every week.
And yesterday sold used s8 to a nairalander and New s9 to this proclaimed scammer.
All paid by transfer, the s8 guy transferred from ATM while I seal the new s9 seal via mobile banking transfer which deal was oversaw by my sales girl and my junior brother.
And everything went well.
I think the problem is your inability to adapt to modern technology.
Please stop being ignorant and learn. Else you'll be left behind in stone age

1 Like

Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 31, 2019
myyki:

You're too dull bro.
Old age is worrying you.
Ode
your family member from toe to the head *ode*

Scammer
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 31, 2019
GadgetHunter:

Scammer
grin
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2019
GadgetHunter:
baba I have evidence, a colleague of mine recognized him, and have evidence,

He sent me a message on WhatsApp threatening to take the case up and sue me for character defamation, I am waiting to hear from him and his lawyers

If he knows he's not a scammer let him comment here with his moniker, he has been reading messages but yet to comment

Let him come and say something about this and I will create a thread on crime section then post his pictures with evidence

I don't think the crime section would do. I prefer legal representation. So please drop by my WhatsApp with your full details & email so we begin legal proceedings. You will learn the hard way that ignorance can be expensive.
I give you 24 hours to drop details. Otherwise mods this man deserves an outright ban with a duration of your choosing for Slander.

cc: dragnet, seun

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

Good morning all,

While, I thank all who have weighed in so far (whether for or against). Find below my account for a more a balanced view.

Story about a fake alert scammer!!!

So I'll just go straight to the point. With some embellishments bah wink

A guy called me yesterday that he wanted to buy one of various s9 phones, I gave him a price and we agreed to meet at shoprite ikeja

I called DealHunter before I called you, the reason why I put this here is because you need to understand that you don’t own monopoly over S9’s in the market. We agreed on 142K for your “like NEW”. I bought a new handset from Mykki which was delivered to my address for 160K. For which I have all the transaction details (calls, txts, alerts, acct statements to show). I won’t spam here with these details unless called for.

Before then the guy has been giving me story of him having running stomach, that's one of the tactics they use to make u have pity on them and alone them go as soon as they make a fake transfer for you, before you could detect they wound have long gone
Tender your proof that I indeed lied about my condition?

So on getting there I told the guy I wont be taking transfers, I'd rather take cash instead, then he started bringing up the story of him having a running stomach, and he can't queue at the atm because the queue is very long
My grouse here is that you could have said so in advance, so that I make a decision whether or not to do a withdrawal at this point or call it off. All the time I used to wait for you was more than adequate to achieve this.

After insisting doing a transfer is much easier for him because he can't go through those stress because of his health, I insisted of collecting cash or else no deal, he agreed, Then I asked him to drive outside there are lots of ATMs available

Initially I called it off. But then considered that you may just be insecure & so I agreed to drive you to an ATM with you leading the direction cause of said insecurities. But when we reached the road, I received two calls. For full transparency, the first was from an internet service provider and the other was from the lady).
However, before we left shoprite, you left out the fact that I asked about you CHECKING YOUR MOBILE APP and not merely relying on alert. But you responded that “YOU DON’T HAVE AN APP” and I rested my case.

A minute after he asked me to factory reset the phone to be easier for him to just take phone and leave when he pays, so after seeing that I've reformatted the phone then, he started receiving calls from he cohorts, asking him to be fast that he has been waiting too long, after long 2 minutes later another lady called saying *baby I wanna use the toilet, you need to come fast, you've stayed to long there"
There was no gimmicks here. “To the pure all things are pure and …”. I planned to continue with the agreement but when her call came in. And I could relate/sympathize with her state. I myself had similar encounters at Shoprite lavatory in the time I waited for you. I decided it would be best to call it off an attend to a “friend” in need.

Him knowing I've reformatted the phone he thought I wont have any other option than to accept is transfer and use those people calling him as a bail, but I insisted of him using the atm, when he knew I wouldn't budge to his plan
Then he said, he wont be able to use the ATM anymore because he has a lot of people waiting for him plus his running stomach, so I just asked him to drop me off, he was like the phone as been reformatted wont I rather just accept the transfer, i shouted with a strong face and an emphatic NO.
This is truly laughable because, right after I told him I was out (for the final time). He was the one insisting that I had requested for the reset but I apologized and told him that I had not taken anything from him “aka his phone and sim card where both with him” so they should be no reason why we can't part in peace. Also, the part about him shouting with a strong face and emphatic NO, is a bold-faced lie. This NEVER happened, I repeat this NEVER happened. You're in the profession, you should begin writing scripts. grin

The mumu just dropped me and zoomed off
If my “mumu” was politely asking for a place you would like to be dropped off on my way out, what does this tell you about your person ? For those who wondered how he confidently took a ride from a “supposed scammer” and had the effrontery to demand his drop off zone. You have your answer now.

Make una forgive me English and errors o, am writing this while rushing where.

You are apologizing for the wrong thing here. Always give pause for thought before starting fires.

Here's the fake alert scammer number just incase:
[b]In this incident, you scammed yourself out of the opportunity. You probably wanted to have a “COOL” story to share here for recognition or otherwise. Or perhaps you simply wanted to make it impossible for me to be acknowledged by others here as a LEGITIMATE buyer. If true, then you are simply vindictive.
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINIONS but these don’t automatically become FACTS. Where you become so brazen that you slander another without any concrete evidence.
I have never met MYKKI before but despite the GREATER RISKS associated with delivery, he provided better SERVICE than the façade you put up here. You require your customers to bend over 360 degrees for you, to cater to your insecurities not all SELLERS do this and I made a CHOICE, LIVE with it and be at PEACE.
TRULY HOPE YOU LEARN FROM THIS AND BE MORE BUSINESS-MINDED.

MY OFFER STANDS, YOU HAVE 24-HOURS, PLEASE CHOOSE LEGAL REPRESENTATION. FOR ONCE PUT YOUR MONEY grin WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS. OTHERWISE MODS KINDLY BAN HIM TILL THE NEXT ELECTION, HE SHOULD BE OF AGE BY THEN

I AWAIT.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by tmogba4(m): 10:39am On Mar 31, 2019
zakhan:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

Good morning all,

While, I thank all who have weighed in so far (whether for or against). Find below my account for a more a balanced view.

Story about a fake alert scammer!!!

So I'll just go straight to the point. With some embellishments bah wink

A guy called me yesterday that he wanted to buy one of various s9 phones, I gave him a price and we agreed to meet at shoprite ikeja

I called DealHunter before I called you, the reason why I put this here is because you need to understand that you don’t own monopoly over S9’s in the market. We agreed on 142K for your “like NEW”. I bought a new handset from Mykki which was delivered to my address for 160K. For which I have all the transaction details (calls, txts, alerts, acct statements to show). I won’t spam here with these details unless called for.

Before then the guy has been giving me story of him having running stomach, that's one of the tactics they use to make u have pity on them and alone them go as soon as they make a fake transfer for you, before you could detect they wound have long gone
Tender your proof that I indeed lied about my condition?

So on getting there I told the guy I wont be taking transfers, I'd rather take cash instead, then he started bringing up the story of him having a running stomach, and he can't queue at the atm because the queue is very long
My grouse here is that you could have said so in advance, so that I make a decision whether or not to do a withdrawal at this point or call it off. All the time I used to wait for you was more than adequate to achieve this.

After insisting doing a transfer is much easier for him because he can't go through those stress because of his health, I insisted of collecting cash or else no deal, he agreed, Then I asked him to drive outside there are lots of ATMs available

Initially I called it off. But then considered that you may just be insecure & so I agreed to drive you to an ATM with you leading the direction cause of said insecurities. But when we reached the road, I received two calls. For full transparency, the first was from an internet service provider and the other was from the lady).
However, before we left shoprite, you left out the fact that I asked about you CHECKING YOUR MOBILE APP and not merely relying on alert. But you responded that “YOU DON’T HAVE AN APP” and I rested my case.

A minute after he asked me to factory reset the phone to be easier for him to just take phone and leave when he pays, so after seeing that I've reformatted the phone then, he started receiving calls from he cohorts, asking him to be fast that he has been waiting too long, after long 2 minutes later another lady called saying *baby I wanna use the toilet, you need to come fast, you've stayed to long there"
There was no gimmicks here. “To the pure all things are pure and …”. I planned to continue with the agreement but when her call came in. And I could relate/sympathize with her state. I myself had similar encounters at Shoprite lavatory in the time I waited for you. I decided it would be best to call it off an attend to a “friend” in need.

Him knowing I've reformatted the phone he thought I wont have any other option than to accept is transfer and use those people calling him as a bail, but I insisted of him using the atm, when he knew I wouldn't budge to his plan
Then he said, he wont be able to use the ATM anymore because he has a lot of people waiting for him plus his running stomach, so I just asked him to drop me off, he was like the phone as been reformatted wont I rather just accept the transfer, i shouted with a strong face and an emphatic NO.
This is truly laughable because, right after I told him I was out (for the final time). He was the one insisting that I had requested for the reset but I apologized and told him that I had not taken anything from him “aka his phone and sim card where both with him” so they should be no reason why we can't part in peace. Also, the part about him shouting with a strong face and emphatic NO, is a bold-faced lie. This NEVER happened, I repeat this NEVER happened. You're in the profession, you should begin writing scripts. grin

The mumu just dropped me and zoomed off
If my “mumu” was politely asking for a place you would like to be dropped off on my way out, what does this tell you about your person ? For those who wondered how he confidently took a ride from a “supposed scammer” and had the effrontery to demand his drop off zone. You have your answer now.

Make una forgive me English and errors o, am writing this while rushing where.

You are apologizing for the wrong thing here. Always give pause for thought before starting fires.

Here's the fake alert scammer number just incase:
[b]In this incident, you scammed yourself out of the opportunity. You probably wanted to have a “COOL” story to share here for recognition or otherwise. Or perhaps you simply wanted to make it impossible for me to be acknowledged by others here as a LEGITIMATE buyer. If true, then you are simply vindictive.
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINIONS but these don’t automatically become FACTS. Where you become so brazen that you slander another without any concrete evidence.
I have never met MYKKI before but despite the GREATER RISKS associated with delivery, he provided better SERVICE than the façade you put up here. You require your customers to bend over 360 degrees for you, to cater to your insecurities not all SELLERS do this and I made a CHOICE, LIVE with it and be at PEACE.
TRULY HOPE YOU LEARN FROM THIS AND BE MORE BUSINESS-MINDED.

MY OFFER STANDS, YOU HAVE 24-HOURS, PLEASE CHOOSE LEGAL REPRESENTATION. FOR ONCE PUT YOUR MONEY grin WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS. OTHERWISE MODS KINDLY BAN HIM TILL THE NEXT ELECTION, HE SHOULD BE OF AGE BY THEN

I AWAIT.
[/b]

This is harsh bro...next election cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by wese90(m): 10:40am On Mar 31, 2019
GadgetHunter:

Scammer

That's too harsh
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by O8074130304: 10:59am On Mar 31, 2019
aywhy93:
Bastards full NL ooh grin grin grin

Why you don't have to take some Mofos serious.

NOTE 9 512GB for 130k...? shocked I later figured out the guy is a scammer (disguising as Jason Michael), he's reading these threads. He's one of those that send fake alerts for items. Be careful of that number!!!

The scammer uses these numbers -

I'm back to technology market

You shallow minded fellow.......I priced something from you and you insulted me??! And you're here tagging me scammer?

You're very childish

I'm proud to claim my number, go and bring the people I scammed

Ignoramus
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2019
tmogba4:

This is harsh bro...next election cry

Morning Sir,

Please look at my account and his. I would have no issues if he had left things with a mere FEEL-GOOD narrative.
But then he complicates things by insisting that I'm a SCAMMER with no proof and then leaves my personal information.
Then chooses to be brazen as if there are no implications for these things.
Imagine if I approached any of the fellow sellers here or tried to do some other deal on Nairaland and then his post comes up ? Even your person would not deal with me.
I have proof about my past condition and my account but where is his ?
Is it okay to just SLANDER an individual. Had I not come back to nairaland for deals on S9, I would have been totally oblivious to this unwarranted exposure.

1 Like

Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by choosen1: 11:09am On Mar 31, 2019
Hmmn. From the little experience I've had with reversals I can boldly say that once you receive a transfer and confirm via your banking app & email then it's practically impossible for the cash to vanish.

It's called Reversal because there were complications and the transaction couldn't complete, hence the money is reversed back to the SENDER. If the receiver receives the transfer (i prefer using banking app & email) then it simply means the TRANSACTION WAS SUCCESSFUL. So why will the money vanish again inform of reversal? The day my bank will try this nonsense with me - that's if it really happens in the manner it has been portrayed on this thread - they'll surely compensate that spare change go still remain to buy small benz.

All the cases I've had with reversals during ATM withdrawals, my money was reversed within 5mins or lesser after the ATM falsely debited me.

My mother however has had about three typical Nairaland-type cases. Her tailor sent her acct details. My mum transferred the money. Two weeks later tailor said she hasn't received it. Mumsy thought tailors silence all this time means she received it cos my mum was debited for the transfer.

I collected her phone and did some calculations to realize that the money was reversed but FBN never notified my mum like my Gtb does. This has happened three times to her and everytime, coincidentally, the receiver happens to be using Zenith bank.

BUT PLS NOTE THAT IN ALL THESE CASES THE RECEIVER NEVER RECEIVED ALERT. DO YOU GET? THE RECEIVER NEVER RECEIVED ALERT.

I remember buying a shoe from my customer. Transferred him money via my bank app. I was debited. Waited for almost an hour + and he didn't receive alert. I had to leave for somewhere. The money was reversed later in the evening. Why? because the transaction was not successful. HE NEVER RECEIVED THE ALERT. THE RECEIVER ALMOST NEVER RECEIVES ALERT.

If you receive alert ( like I said, I prefer bank app & email, SMS comes last on my preference list) and the money automatically vanishes , then my brother go the bank and give them less than 4secs to vomit your money or just cc CBN . They'll deal with the bank.

We're in a digital age and a cashless society is here to stay. Follow simple instructions and you'll not be a victim. Personally, carrying cash around is a no no for me. As a matter of fact, any seller than INSISTS that it must be cash when a cashless transaction seems like the logical, stress-free and safer way, I go begin suspect you.

I can't be carrying 200k plus in my pocket under hot sun inside this useless unsafe country all cos I want to buy from you na. For what?

We're in an age where filling stations that don't have Pos are being left behind cos people understand the importance of going cashless. Can't even remember last time I bought ordinary fuel of 1500 with cash.

5 Likes

Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by choosen1: 11:49am On Mar 31, 2019
Gadgethunter I suggest you politely inform new customers you don't trust beforehand that you must receive alert via banking app & SMS or + email before transaction can be termed complete and you hand over. This should give any potential scammer cold feet.

Or better still, walk into your bank and express your fears & reservations about tranfers. You seem to carry out lots of transactions, and by extension this means you're a very valuable customer to the bank. They'll tell you exactly what to do & how to do it.

I'm saying this because you might not know this but insisting on cash cash will hurt your business in the long run. Every customer you turn down because they refused on cash will be swooped by other 100 sellers who have adjusted to the new way of business. You also miss-out on the referrals a new customer might bring that could change your business forever. Every business man is either one investment or referral away from gold.

This Cash-cash mantra might affect your brand expansion in the long run.
Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by dragnet: 11:58am On Mar 31, 2019
I was going to make a comment earlier but decided to chill, like you all know. I don't support easily branding someone a scammer, and in this particular case, the said buyer hasn't even done what you're accusing him of doing, he never made any transfer, either real or fake, so he is still innocent and you have no iota of proof whatsoever to brand him a scammer even if he may have potentials of being one.

So **in INEC's voice**, the alleged fraud is declared INCONCLUSIVE.

Gadgethunter should edit the post where you tagged the buyer a scammer, delete his number and the scam appellation, but you can leave the rest of the story if you please.

5 Likes

Re: Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR by wesley80(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
dragnet:
I was going to make a comment earlier but decided to chill, like you all know. I don't support easily branding someone a scammer, and in this particular case, the said buyer hasn't even done what you're accusing him of doing, he never made any transfer, either real or fake, so he is still innocent and you have no iota of proof whatsoever to brand him a scammer even if he may have potentials of being one.

So **in INEC's voice**, the alleged fraud is declared INCONCLUSIVE.

Gadgethunter should edit the post where you tagged the buyer a scammer, delete his number and the scam appellation, but you can leave the rest of the story if you please.
One can tell the dude is just overly paranoid from his narrative and unfounded fears with electronic transactions. Me thinks an apology is in line sef.

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (531) (Reply)

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. / ##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.