Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? (23579 Views)

DMW VS Starboy – Which Have The Best Signing? / Simi's Mother To Get Married In 2018 (Photo) / DJ Cuppy: "I Need To Wed In 2018 Before King Sunny Ade Retires". Ade Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by Entvibez(f): 3:33am On Apr 27, 2018

The game has changed in 2018 already. Record labels are now acknowledging the power of unity.

Everyone prefers making music with their in-house artillery. This will make the brand more popular and in the nearest future, also make the brand more powerful.

That was the exact plan, Emperor Geezy had for G-Worldwide. Problem was they lacked the enough arsenal needed to secure a place at the top.

Kiss Daniel was collaborating with producers belonging to other labels and he needed someone apart from Sugarboy to collaborate with.

In 2018, Wizkid seems to have finally relocated back to Nigeria. Seeing his brand was losing the power tussle to Davido‘s owned label DMW who ran the game effectively in 2017, Wizkid saw his influence in the local music scene diminishing.

He had no label acts, Starboy was made up of only him and Mutay. While DMW had a bunch of talents churning out hits, people only knew Starboy because of Wizkid.

With the dawn of 2018, Wizkid announced he had signed three new artistes; Ceeza Milli, Spotless and Terri.

Wizkid obviously meant business in 2018 and it was not a time for jokes. Serious business and Davido too isn’t the one to give up easily.

With four months almost gone in 2018, we look at how the two labels have fared.

Starboy’s Soco vs DMW’s Mind
Mind was released first with Soco coming weeks later.

Mind came with a lot of fuss and vibe as it’s strength bothered on the lyrical output from Dremo, Mayorkun, Peruzzi and label Honcho, Davido.

Produced by in-house beat maestro, FreshVdm. “Mind” ruled Radio waves and topped series of charts for weeks. Its strength cane from Davido’s hit making strategy: A wonderful beat, a memorable hook and a nice flow.

The hook: “I don’t even mind loving you” was a popular line on the lips of many listeners. However, it’s reign at the top became disrupted by Soco.

Wizkid seeing Davido had taken over with Mind and Flora My Flawa, he released Soco two weeks after.

Soco showed the dexterity and quality of the whole starboy family. The tempo of the beat is similar to Manya‘s as it signifies the basic Afro beat sounds.

Wizkid‘s perfect Afro beat! Latest recruits, Ceeza, Spotless and Terrididn’t disappoint as they all brought their lyrical prowess to the scene. Amazing fact is Wizkid shot two videos for the song, which showed his ability as a perfectionist.

Since then, Soco had been trending nationwide. DMW act, Mayorkuneven vibed to Terri’s part on the song repeatedly which stemmed the fact that Soco was indeed a hit song.

Starboy’s Commando vs DMW’s Aje
Immediately after dropping Soco, Wizkid revealed “Commando” as the next official single from the Starboy family.

This time, Mutay was the creative influence behind the song. With pictures of the already shot video shared on Instagram, the whole Starboy family kept wetting our appetite for the song to be released.

Soco had taken over the country with its Afro beat influence. Celebrities paid homage to the song and everyone was in awe as how Terri sang the first verse. While we were expecting an extended play from Soco, Wizkid and Mutay had a turnaround, taking us back to feel-good music.

Classic sounds with some Pon Pon sound slipping in and some elements of Afro beat influence. This is the perfect music suited to flow along with palm wine on a cold Saturday Night. It’s the kind of music you want to listen to while you take a shower.

That kind of music that helps the mind relax and soothes the soul. Credit must go to Spellz for this amazing beat. Unheard of.

A week after, Davido and his cohorts dropped Aje. Using the same template as Mind, Aje had a similar strategy. A chorus and a hook sang by everyone with a similar flow and word play strategy.

Produced by Fresh, the song harnessed African beats from Ghana and Congo and coupled with flows and rhythmic flows from everyone that dropped a verse on the song, Aje grew into a vibe that kept us hooked to the song 24/7.

Davido and Wizkid are both honchos of the labels they belong to. Davido this year has been going on tour all over the continent and also made stops at different places in the United Kingdom.

Wizkid has been resilient in 2018. Wizkid realized his influence on the local scene had started to decline and Davido was gradually taking over the African Music Scene with his melodious music that appealed to both Young and Old.

Wizkid has become engrossed with his international takeover that his Caribbean sounds no longer appealed to the local fans.

Davido took advantage of the dearth in gap and that worked out for him in 2017 and it’s still working for him in 2018. Everywhere Davidogoes, he shuts it down and he’s already becoming a fans’ favourite ahead of Wizkid.

While both of them have signed amazing talents to the label who will jostle and compete for glory and prize, this year would be a fight between labels instead of individuals.

Everyone is gradually paying attention to unity and the power it possesses.

DMW and Starboy will compete for top notch prizes and awards this year. Controlling behind the scenes would be Wizkid and Davido.

Who Do You Think Is Winning In 2018 – Starboy or DMW?

Source:- http://www.lekkigists.com.ng/2018/04/dmw-vs-starboy-who-is-winning-in-2018.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by HeWrites(m): 4:49am On Apr 27, 2018
DMW

Wizkid been dropping trash since the beginning of this year

There was a day he released 4 tracks. Out of the 4, there is only one that makes sense as the rest were just trash.

If it's not about GIRLS and MONEY, Wizkid never get talent for good music.

129 Likes 13 Shares

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by chrisbaby24(m): 4:50am On Apr 27, 2018
Ok
Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by Toybreezy: 4:51am On Apr 27, 2018
HeWrites:
DMW

Wizkid been dropping trash since the beginning of yhis year
u

Seconded.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by adedejidamilare(m): 4:52am On Apr 27, 2018
Both artist are great

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by eliwa47(m): 4:52am On Apr 27, 2018
Star boy still very relevant!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by themonk(m): 4:53am On Apr 27, 2018
grin
Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by Oluwambo147(m): 4:53am On Apr 27, 2018
HeWrites:
DMW

Wizkid been dropping trash since the beginning of yhis year
him and olamide

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by innobets(m): 4:53am On Apr 27, 2018
If Maleek berry is part of the star boy record, then I will agree with the OP, IF not then I think DMW has taken over 2018.. Dem and dem grin

With frog voice as their chairman making Africans proud

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by Bodmas60(m): 4:54am On Apr 27, 2018
I rep dmw got madt love for davido.. no homo. [img][/img] cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by HeWrites(m): 4:54am On Apr 27, 2018
Oluwambo147:
him and olamide

The topic is DMW Vs. Starboy not YBNL

I'll still chose Olamide over Wizkid this year.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by YeyeGirl(f): 4:55am On Apr 27, 2018
Like For Starboy..Share For Davido..

76 Likes 211 Shares

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by Promismike(m): 4:55am On Apr 27, 2018
Ok
Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by Shakitibob0: 4:55am On Apr 27, 2018
My Brother.....Davido is clearly winning...

Many of my friends here in Korea do not joke with his flow. Some of them dont even know WIzkid

I think he's transformed to be the best in Africa and beyond

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by Nobody: 4:55am On Apr 27, 2018
Obviously DMW. DAVIDO hands down, with new signing Perruzzi doing the songwriting job fiercely, Mayorkun competing even against Reekado, and even Dremo now sings, Davido is really the Pop king while Wizkid does Afro-pop effortlessly. Both are doing great but i prefer Davido, his team keep the airwaves busy all the time.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by ikorodureporta: 4:56am On Apr 27, 2018
In future many lzy youths wl ask themselvs wht they actually likeD In thoz Wiz songs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by babyfaceafrica: 4:58am On Apr 27, 2018
Both of them are singing rabbish

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by peacettw: 4:59am On Apr 27, 2018
Both are unique with different sounds but I will always prefer wizkid cos his songs are ageless and soothing.

22 Likes

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by Nofav0rs(m): 5:00am On Apr 27, 2018
Una don start again this year shey?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by Sweetcollins: 5:01am On Apr 27, 2018
Starboy

Okuluole

8 Likes

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by inoki247: 5:03am On Apr 27, 2018
which kain wahala b diz
Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by iambabaG: 5:04am On Apr 27, 2018
It is actually an insult comparing both of them..
Davido and DMW are miles ahead! Hardwork pays and it’s evident that the DMW crew aren’t dwelling on past glory. They are the new mo’hits on the block

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by calculator123(m): 5:09am On Apr 27, 2018
DMW....Davido has the won heart of most Africans..Wizkid na 2nd.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by KingLennon(m): 5:12am On Apr 27, 2018
Both labels are doing good. The competition between Ceeza and Peruzzi this year is one to watch out for. As for Mayorkun dats our next sound god that boy is good. For me I choose DMW this year...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 5:14am On Apr 27, 2018
wizkid felt he has won so he's no longer serious.. dropping trash since 2017

socco is cool sha

18 Likes

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by tintedniggz(m): 5:14am On Apr 27, 2018
This is really hard to decide cos if you look at from a certain perspective, Wizkid just signed these new bunchs not quite long while most of the DMW guys have been around for a while and they all have at least one single bumping for them. Credits to the #Soco team but the O.B.O boys really got it lock down at the moment. #JustMyOpinion

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by KingsizeD(m): 5:16am On Apr 27, 2018
DMW

2 Likes

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 5:16am On Apr 27, 2018
Hmmm... Una don start abi. Na like this beef dey start between both of them ooo. Wetin be una own with whoever dey win among them? At least na sha both of them dey make am for their lanes so wetin be una own with una yeye comparison. Make una free these guys and face una own lives and hustle abeg. Mtcheewwww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by ZeeBaba17(m): 5:18am On Apr 27, 2018
bloggers don start again with their mumu comparison that's how they use their blog to set these two into an imaginary war the other time. abeg leave them alone make dem do their individual thing the sky is big enough for all birds to fly and shine. there are enough news worthy materials to write about if you are not a lazy blogger

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by Zane2point4(m): 5:21am On Apr 27, 2018
dmw don win since since,

1 Like

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by phemmyfour: 5:23am On Apr 27, 2018
Flora my Flawa...If Nothing last forever

Me and you go be Nothing forever

DMW all the way!

2 Likes

Re: DMW Vs Starboy: Who Is Winning In 2018 Already? by Hansemmar: 5:25am On Apr 27, 2018
I'll say YBNL cos Don Jazzy has been trying really grin grin grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Williams Uchemba Under Spiritual Attack For Starting #GiveChallenge / Idowu Phillips (Iya Rainbow) Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today / Bobrisky: "I Spend N74m On Hair And Makeup": Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.