Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street (27806 Views)

“you Changed My Life”: Oyinbo Man Gives Nigerian Student N159 Million, New Car / Chinaza Nwozuzu: Gov Uzodimma Gives Scholarship To Girl Who Scored 9As in SSCE / Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
felaismyhero:
wow,i have been following ur arguments,and i really agree with them.i notice u are nt given to religion just like me,but as i read thru comments,a thought cruised thru my mind-if am not religious,why do i have problem wit sumone being showy with his giving?,i want to know why u think its wrong,im thinking now dat it should be d mindset of d religious to see things that way,i should be more concerned about d deed?
Absolutely not,

I have argued based on what most social crusader believe and not religion. In fact, religion might encourage people to do stuff like this

Fighting for social justice is not a social event or an event that is exactly easy.

Take a look at all social crusaders from Nelson Mandela to Dr martin Luther king jr. There is no one that wasn't condemned by the public at certain periods within the period they fought for social justice

I feel this man doesn't understand this aforementioned points because he just picked up a boy from the streets and turned to social media for admiration. I feel he is probably doing whatever he did to have a favorable public opinion.

I only brought Jesus into the mix because one of the other moniker mentioned him.
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by felaismyhero(m): 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
greiboy:
Absolutely not,

I have argued based on what most social crusader believe and not religion. In fact, religion might encourage people to do stuff like this

Fighting for social justice is not a social event or an event that is exactly easy.

Take a look at all social crusaders from Nelson Mandela to Dr martin Luther king jr. There is no one that wasn't condemned by the public at certain periods within the period they fought for social justice

I feel this man doesn't understand this aforementioned points because he just picked up a boy from the streets and turned to social media for admiration. I feel he is probably doing whatever he did to have a favorable public opinion.

I only brought Jesus into the mix because one of the other moniker mentioned him.
hmm,i understand dat about d jesus ish,my dilemma is on wat values or moral principles wud being showy wit one's giving be wrong?,i have always seen it as wrong till now.
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
felaismyhero:
hmm,i understand dat about d jesus ish,my dilemma is on wat values or moral principles wud being showy wit one's giving be wrong?,i have always seen it as wrong till now.
Can you re phrase the question? I didn't get it
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by felaismyhero(m): 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
greiboy:
Can you re phrase the question? I didn't get it
ok,wat are ur reasons for saying dis man should not post his good deeds on social media? i use to dislike people showing off good deeds on socia media too thinking it was not necessary,but finding a logical reason why i tot it was not necessary is d problem now.so i want to hear ur reason
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
felaismyhero:
ok,wat are ur reasons for saying dis man should not post his good deeds on social media? i use to dislike people showing off good deeds on socia media too thinking it was not necessary,but finding a logical reason why i tot it was not necessary is d problem now.so i want to hear ur reason
I am sorry but I already explained it in my previous post

Morals have nothing to do with religion btw
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by felaismyhero(m): 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
greiboy:
I am sorry but I already explained it in my previous post

Morals have nothing to do with religion btw
ok.Am a strong believer in d fact dat morals have nothing to do with religion-despite the story,i wud still spare agag and disobey god and samuel over and over again! but jesus taught his followers to not be too showy in their giving,and im tinking maybe dats wat is at d back of our minds(both religious and irreligious) when we criticize people for being showy with helping people.if i wud be irreligious then,i have to erase such from my mind
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by YhungPablo(m): 12:55am On Apr 28, 2018
greiboy:
That is nice, but he doesn't really need to make it public, aleast not on social media
how do we believe it in d next ten years if he claims it. Go and do urs and make it privately. After d boy patents denies u.. U will settle it privately shocked
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Bruemath(m): 3:35am On Apr 28, 2018
Nice gesture
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Waga02: 4:47am On Apr 28, 2018
God bless you sir, we need more of this in our society.
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by brightlinse(m): 5:14am On Apr 28, 2018
greiboy:
That is nice, but he doesn't really need to make it public, aleast not on social media
The reason he make it public is for someone like you to learn something from it. shocked
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Damicares(f): 5:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
felaismyhero:
i want to know why you think its wrong to be showy with giving?,is it because d religious books say so or wat?
Putting religious books aside, I personally don't like it. If you wanna give, give without publicizing it. Well, that's just my me.
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Damicares(f): 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
felaismyhero:
i want to know why you think its wrong to be showy with giving?,is it because d religious books say so or wat?
Putting religious books aside, I personally don't like it. If you wanna give, give without publicizing it. Well, that's just me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Physically Challenged Maths Teacher Who Uses Crutches Shows His Football Skills / University Of Uyo Students Protest Against ASUU Strike / Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.