Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,328 members, 7,957,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

"They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims (30214 Views)

Zamfara Includes Fulfulde (Fulani) Language In Curriculum / How A Friend Used Her Best Friend To Teach Her Pupils In Class (Photos) / What's A Person Who Studies/studied English Language Called? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by iamawara(m): 5:19pm On Apr 27, 2018
UfuomaUN:

which place in the south South?
Delta state, UghelLi North, you guys brag with Pidgin, yet a teacher will teach teach and teach, dem go dey look ur mouth, wetin dis one dey talk.... If u can teach in pidgin den 4get it
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Obdk: 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
originally:
This is a normal thing in every state in Nigeria. Ask those that went to primary & secondary schools in the village

pure lies. nursery students speak refined English here in Anambra
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by captainamiedi1: 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
nonsense. it happens everywhere. i served in the south west(osun) i saw thesame thing. even worst. they teach everything in yoruba even mathematics.
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by ehinmowo: 5:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
johnnyvid:
Dr Joe Abah tweeted a piece of information stating that only 50% of primary 4 students in the North East can read single words of 3 or 4 letters. Someone replied saying it is not a surprise because they use Hausa to teach English language in the north. How true is this? https://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/04/they-use-hausa-to-teach-english.html?m=0

It's either you are brain dead or you are ful of ignorance. Does speaking Arabic or Hausa stop pple from learning proper standard English? Do you know how much India and UAE spend on native English teachers every year to teach their children proper English? Are u more Islamic than them? Don't you know that inability to learn shows the state of the mind? You pple are jst deluded by religion and ignorance. I have finally resolved that there is no need for the entity called Nigeria to continue. So that those that want to remain in 7th century can happily enjoy their foolishness

1 Like

Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Jocknom(m): 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2018
Is Everywhere, I just pass out, The use igbo too to teach English and all the subject in onitsha anambra state.
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by UfuomaUN(m): 6:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
iamawara:

Delta state, UghelLi North, you guys brag with Pidgin, yet a teacher will teach teach and teach, dem go dey look ur mouth, wetin dis one dey talk.... If u can teach in pidgin den 4get it

Omo it's everywhere, Yoruba land, Igbo land, in the Niger Delta too, but evidently it's much worse in the North. Nobody is talking out of hatred, it's a clear issue that need to be addressed up north to ensure progress
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Sima04: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:
angry Rubbish. Is English their language? How many British can speak Hausa language? Their religion encourages teachings in Arabic.This is why we condemn the removal of the Islamic inscriptions on the centenary notes. It's a symbol of Arabic pride and a motivation for northern Muslims who doesn't like to speak English
wait oo is ur brain always configured like dis? if so I am sorry cos the rehab center u need to be at we don't even have it here in Nigeria.
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by BadBradley: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
mansamusa08:

Just the way another region has convinced the whole world that Nigerians are bunch of drug peddlers, prostitutes and advanced fee fraudsters.
well, prostitution is legal in a considerable number of western countries. Drug is a global phenomenon and 65 of fraud happens in the US and UK.

So your emotional response is as baseless as the bleating of a yam-chewing goat.

But hey , the last time we checked, Nigeria still has polio, about the only country in the world to still have polio prevalence and it's thanks to one region.

Nigeria still remains the few countries to still fail to sign the child right bill since 2004 and only a paedophilic region has refused to accent when the rest of the world has.

The only region in Africa that has successfully exported terrorism abroad in sub-sahara Africa.

The only reason Nigeria with the likes of Soyinka, Achebe, Okpara, etc, still has a poor literacy level even at African standards embarassed

The only region responsible for Nigeria having the highest child mortality rate in Africa and one of the highest in the world.

Wetin we do to deserve this?

1 Like

Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by JFT24(m): 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
I served in South South Cross River to be precise. If i am to be honest in my judgement, this type of thing is highly prominent there. Infact their indigenous teachers are worst, as in they are too poor. So, these about painting the north in bad color is unwise of the op. You guys will just come and attack the north without checking your region 'pot calling kettle black'.
I didn't regret serving in the south south after all, it really opened my eye.

Conclusion, is not a bad thing to teach in our local language, infact it should be encouraged. It will really help us in our education system. Must weunderstand english language b4 we seek knowledge?
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Jocknom(m): 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
Montez90:
Any Corper teaching in the north is wasting his time

Oga na all over, NYSC is a waste of time.
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Kolping: 7:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
In the autonomous and highly industralized/wealthy region of Catalonia (capital-Barcelona), Catalan is the official language, in addition to Spanish. Catalan is a whole separate language, as in not a dialect of Spanish.

It was during Franco dictatorship (1939-1975) that the use of the Catalan language was banned. In recent times, there has been calls by Catalonians for independence from Spain.
Note that modern Spain did not exist as a country until 1469 (or 1492). Prior to the late 15th century, there were different kingdoms in Spain which were separate countries socially, politically, legally, and in currency and language

martineverest:
nice one.....but what will u say about Spain and Catalan.......Catalans aren't happy that Spanish govt are imposing Spanish on them instead of allowing them use their native catalan as their official language
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Gerrard59(m): 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
yazach:

how do they use english to teach yoruba in havard

how do indians use third language to teach english

how do chinese tech their children english

your contribution to the post is as a result of poor reasoning

You're a fvcktard!

When you learnt French in secondary school (assuming you did), what language was it taught? English or French? How can you learn a language by using another language? If it's mathematics or physics, it's possible and to an extent is right. But teaching English using Hausa?

You're a cretin!

1 Like

Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by GoldHorse(m): 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
Ignorance is indeed a very bad thing!

So what if the teach in Hausa, Ibo or Conc Ibadan dialect?! That's even what we should be doing for God's sake!

The most advanced countries in the world uses their mother's tongue as the language of instruction. Germany and all the European countries, China, USA, UK, etc.

We understand best in our mother tongue!
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Amirullaha(m): 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
dudebuck:
And your written English is wrong. I am, not am. WTF?
Learn to use the necessary punctuations next time when correcting someone...
"I am" not "am"...
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by GoldHorse(m): 8:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
Gerrard59:

You're a fvcktard!

When you learnt French in secondary school (assuming you did), what language was it taught? English or French? How can you learn a language by using another language? If it's mathematics or physics, it's possible and to an extent is right. But teaching English using Hausa?

You're a cretin!

Your submission shows you really don't know much about languages.
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Gerrard59(m): 8:31pm On Apr 27, 2018
GoldHorse:

Your submission shows you really don't know much about languages.

Kindly explain how you will use English language to teach someone Japanese.

GoldHorse:
Ignorance is indeed a very bad thing!

So what if the teach in Hausa, Ibo or Conc Ibadan dialect?! That's even what we should be doing for God's sake!

The most advanced countries in the world uses their mother's tongue as the language of instruction. Germany and all the European countries, China, USA, UK, etc.

We understand best in our mother tongue!

What's the OFFICIAL language of Nigeria? Is English the official language of China? Is Chinese the official language of the UK?

Teaching indigenous languages is different from teaching subjects using a language that's not the official language and worse of all teaching another language (which is official) using another (which is not official).

1 Like

Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Amirullaha(m): 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
BadBradley:
Just one region is responsible for high illiteracy rate, high child mortality rate, polio, child marriage and terrorism in Nigeria.
It's a pity you are generalizing the issue... Did you mean things done by our brothers down south are not alarming and glaring to the eyes
Just have a rethink, then you'll see that its never a good idea to generalize issues that way...
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by yazach: 8:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
[s]
Gerrard59:

You're a fvcktard!

You're a cretin!
[/s]

go and repair what is faulty in your skull after that we can contnue
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by BadBradley: 8:45pm On Apr 27, 2018
Amirullaha:

It's a pity you are generalizing the issue... Did you mean things done by our brothers down south are not alarming and glaring to the eyes
Just have a rethink, then you'll see that its never a good idea to generalize issues that way...
I don't generalise.

The topic is about what happened in the north.

2004 I was part of a UNICEF lecture group at Hotel Concorde and it was alarming that only northern states in Nigeria had refused to sign the child protection bill in Nigeria. It was a serious concern internationally.

Polio is only prevalent in northern Nigeria making only Nigeria and India to be the only polio prevalent countries in the world.

You call that generalisation?
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Gerrard59(m): 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
yazach:
[s][/s]

go and repair what is faulty in your skull after that we can contnue

Until you tell me how you want to teach children another language using Hausa or teach them different subjects using a language that's not Nigeria's official language.

You remain a fvcktard!
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by yazach: 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
Gerrard59:

Until you tell me how you want to teach children another language using Hausa or teach them different subjects using a language that's not Nigeria's official language.

You remain a fvcktard!

Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Gerrard59(m): 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
yazach:

G

That's not an explanation. Next time reason properly before attempting to lie to the world that it's possible to learn a language using another language.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-teach-someone-a-new-language
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Joshrob(m): 9:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
Nnemuka:
I schooled in one of the unity schools up north as far back as 2007 and what they all said here are pure lies.
Most of our teachers at a point left to lecture in Federal universities and i can say majority are now professors.
Quit the lies, attack Buhari if you hate him but don't discredit what we had back in those days. sad

Guy they are not lying..
I did my youth service in bauchi state,i witness all this too but most of the schools that have this problem are in the rural areas.

1 Like

Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Xano(m): 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2018
Purewatermeji:
angry Rubbish. Is English their language? How many British can speak Hausa language? Their religion encourages teachings in Arabic.This is why we condemn the removal of the Islamic inscriptions on the centenary notes. It's a symbol of Arabic pride and a motivation for northern Muslims who doesn't like to speak English

What an immature statement. To you Hausa is the only language in Nigeria. We have about 520 languages spoken in Nigeria, according to official data.

English is a compromise, a universal language. Bible was translated to English for all to read, study and comprehend.

Read your post, "...symbol of Arabic pride and a motivation for Northern Muslims"

Arabic language is not our official language.
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by paki2(m): 11:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
keep sentiment aside, you all know that we can not develop this way. All developed nations are using there languages for instructions.
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by EbuGeneral(m): 12:29am On Apr 28, 2018
yazach:
Welcome Idea
Many developed nations use their mother language
China still use Chinese Japan use their language North Korea USA UK Italy France

USA? are you kidding me?
So English is USA's local dialect?
you're confused
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by yazach: 3:22am On Apr 28, 2018
EbuGeneral:

USA? are you kidding me?

So English is USA's local dialect?

you're confused

Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by yazach: 3:23am On Apr 28, 2018
[s]
Gerrard59:

That's not an explanation. Next time reason properly before attempting to lie to the world that it's possible to learn a language using another language.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-teach-someone-a-new-language
[/s]

Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Bruemath(m): 3:30am On Apr 28, 2018
not surprised
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by Amirullaha(m): 6:49am On Apr 28, 2018
BadBradley:
I don't generalise.

The topic is about what happened in the north.

2004 I was part of a UNICEF lecture group at Hotel Concorde and it was alarming that only northern states in Nigeria had refused to sign the child protection bill in Nigeria. It was a serious concern internationally.

Polio is only prevalent in northern Nigeria making only Nigeria and India to be the only polio prevalent countries in the world.

You call that generalisation?
Yes I call it generalisation...
You are making it sound as if there is only one town or state in the North and they all think alike which isn't suppose to be so...
What if I tell you that your aforementioned points is very minimal or not happening in my place even due to the fact that I live in the North!!!
Not everybody in the North think and act the same...
Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by iamawara(m): 6:56am On Apr 28, 2018
UfuomaUN:

Omo it's everywhere, Yoruba land, Igbo land, in the Niger Delta too, but evidently it's much worse in the North. Nobody is talking out of hatred, it's a clear issue that need to be addressed up north to ensure progress
you are right. They sometimes use the mother tongue for clear explanation nd understanding in some subjects i think this is done in both Igbo nd Yoruba too, but i dont think that corper is sure of what he said. They cant teach English in Hausa language.

1 Like

Re: "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims by iamawara(m): 7:02am On Apr 28, 2018
Amirullaha:

Yes I call it generalisation...
You are making it sound as if there is only one town or state in the North and they all think alike which isn't suppose to be so...
What if I tell you that your aforementioned points is very minimal or not happening in my place even due to the fact that I live in the North!!!
Not everybody in the North think and act the same...
save ur time bro, why ague with people that cant differenciate btw north east, north west nd north central? In the South South here, if they see the way i do my things some of them swear that am not from d north, all they hear is that we dont go to schl, we are boko haram, we are higher killers bla bla bla, when ever i hear all this things i just smile deep, i just dont like argument, why argue with someone that will see a shoe maker from Niger Republic and swear down to u that he is a Northerner simply becoz he speak Hausa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lecturer On My Girl For Sex / Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This / Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.