Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses (26957 Views)

❗️Call Me For Your Computerised Car Inspection In Ibadan And Lagos❗️ / Computerised Vehincle Inspection Center Takes Off In Ondo / Lagos Commissions Eight New Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by erico2k2(m): 8:08am On May 25, 2018
datola:
How LASG abuses the words 'computerised', '
world class,

I have been to the place at Ojodu and it is just a wheel alignment building with an old school computer in place.

Exactly, last time I engaged in this argument, I was told there was an emission test computer there and I was like wtf? really? that should be the least of our worries, fumes from Generating plants and people cooking with fire wood are worse than that emitted from cars.
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by dataking: 8:19am On May 25, 2018
erico2k2:
@AutoJoshNG
I admire you daily update on the Auto Industry in Lagos and Nigeria as we speak, however tis issue of Computerized vehicle inspection has hit the wrong turn.
In the US and EU there is nothing like computerized vehicle inspection centre. we have Designated MOT centres which uses computer to determine emission ratings, apart from that there is nothing for computers to test, everything is done by the technician physically.SO my question to you is this, how and where did we get this from? how come we don't copy the full package ?I'm sure you can research this and use your good office to correct this misplacement of priority.

Which good office. He his working for the pr team of Lagos State gov and Apc, can’t you see the hand writing on the wall. Everything is fine and perfect as long as he gets his cheque at the end of the month. Propaganda crew.
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by helpishere(m): 8:23am On May 25, 2018
erico2k2:
@AutoJoshNG
I admire you daily update on the Auto Industry in Lagos and Nigeria as we speak, however tis issue of Computerized vehicle inspection has hit the wrong turn.
In the US and EU there is nothing like computerized vehicle inspection centre. we have Designated MOT centres which uses computer to determine emission ratings, apart from that there is nothing for computers to test, everything is done by the technician physically.SO my question to you is this, how and where did we get this from? how come we don't copy the full package ?I'm sure you can research this and use your good office to correct this misplacement of priority.
I have been there and it is computerised. The headlamp,the anti pollution test, the braking system and suspension and wheel balancing tests are all computerised with the results obtained automatically. The only thing I was not comfortable with was the hand brake tests as 60% of the cars on the road will fail it because the cost of replacing the electronic hand brake is over 200k.
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by erico2k2(m): 8:40am On May 25, 2018
helpishere:

I have been there and it is computerised. The headlamp,the anti pollution test, the braking system and suspension and wheel balancing tests are all computerised with the results obtained automatically. The only thing I was not comfortable with was the hand brake tests as 60% of the cars on the road will fail it because the cost of replacing the electronic hand brake is over 200k.
The Headlamp, how does a computer test Headlight?
Anti Pollutant test, Really? do we care much about the environment?
Braking system? How does a computer test brake?
Suspension and wheel balancing? How does a computer test this?
Permit me to say this, I don't think you are auto savvy cos if you was in the know you wont say a computer test you braking capability which only default is wear and tear!
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by erico2k2(m): 8:42am On May 25, 2018
dataking:

Which good office. He his working for the pr team of Lagos State gov and Apc, can’t you see the hand writing on the wall. Everything is fine and perfect as long as he gets his cheque at the end of the month. Propaganda crew.
Well if you say so, however he is also doing some good Job in bringing to the public notice the Automotive policies the so called leaders are jabbing at us day in day out. out of nonsense comes sense!.
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by helpishere(m): 4:56am On May 26, 2018
erico2k2:

The Headlamp, how does a computer test Headlight?
Anti Pollutant test, Really? do we care much about the environment?
Braking system? How does a computer test brake?
Suspension and wheel balancing? How does a computer test this?
Permit me to say this, I don't think you are auto savvy cos if you was in the know you wont say a computer test you braking capability which only default is wear and tear!
Just bring your car to the center. You cant be online and talk about the process that is happening on the ground. There is a braking simulation and there is also a suspension simulation that makes your front tyres to vibrate to the extent that it will give you an accurate report of the bushings and all the suspension support. I dont have to know much about auto before I know the difference between automatic and manual. The test cannot be doctored. It comes out the way the car is.
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by erico2k2(m): 10:03am On May 26, 2018
helpishere:

Just bring your car to the center. You cant be online and talk about the process that is happening on the ground. There is a braking simulation [/b]and there is also a [b]suspension simulation that makes your front tyres to vibrate to the extent that it will give you an accurate report of the bushings and all the suspension support. I dont have to know much about auto before I know the difference between automatic and manual. The test cannot be doctored. It comes out the way the car is.
Let me address the highlighted
To test your brake if they work or not is done by physical inspection, The Brake pad has a limit by law of dept. of ware ,Reason why its done like that is cos the braking distance of a car is the distance of which you judge braking efficiency. Now this involves so many external conditions that there is no one specific test to carry out an inspection to this function. for example, the rd might be icy, full of grit, wet, sudden stop might be required, Human error the list is long.so the only two checks on brakes are to check brake pads and Brake fluid level.

The bushing around your suspensions are physically checked by eyes, you can see if it has broken or not.
Now Judging from what you are saying ,there is proof to say you have to know much about Autos to know the difference.
I live where we have to do MOT check each year. If these where standards, we would be doing same here. There are detailed guidelines regards car inspection and test on Line ,you can get it for free.
Now I have nothing against the modes of checking but its the scamming bit where if you are going to copy a system, copy the whole system not the bit that suits you where you can use to extort people and making checks that has no value to the mode of motoring in Nigeria, if not explain to me why would you penalize a person for suspension failure when your roads in the 1st place killed the suspensions.?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by helpishere(m): 5:01am On May 28, 2018
erico2k2:

Let me address the highlighted
To test your brake if they work or not is done by physical inspection, The Brake pad has a limit by law of dept. of ware ,Reason why its done like that is cos the braking distance of a car is the distance of which you judge braking efficiency. Now this involves so many external conditions that there is no one specific test to carry out an inspection to this function. for example, the rd might be icy, full of grit, wet, sudden stop might be required, Human error the list is long.so the only two checks on brakes are to check brake pads and Brake fluid level.

The bushing around your suspensions are physically checked by eyes, you can see if it has broken or not.
Now Judging from what you are saying ,there is proof to say you have to know much about Autos to know the difference.
I live where we have to do MOT check each year. If these where standards, we would be doing same here. There are detailed guidelines regards car inspection and test on Line ,you can get it for free.
Now I have nothing against the modes of checking but its the scamming bit where if you are going to copy a system, copy the whole system not the bit that suits you where you can use to extort people and making checks that has no value to the mode of motoring in Nigeria, if not explain to me why would you penalize a person for suspension failure when your roads in the 1st place killed the suspensions.?
Because the roads are bad does not mean that you should have a bad suspension. It is a wear and tear part and it should be changed. All the salt that is used to dissolve the snow in the UK and your undercarraige is rusty, does that car pass your Mot test or you will tell the center that the salt on the road caused it and it has to pass? The brake test is done an the ground where the front tyre spins to a speed of 100kms and then the inspector hits the brake to check the reaction of the brake. We cant copy everything from there because you guys over there do not patch your exhaust. Here we patch it all over and even fix our own catalyst in our local way. That is technology which you guys dont have. Abi
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by erico2k2(m): 11:52am On May 28, 2018
helpishere:

Because the roads are bad does not mean that you should have a bad suspension. It is a wear and tear part and it should be changed. All the salt that is used to dissolve the snow in the UK and your undercarraige is rusty, does that car pass your Mot test or you will tell the center that the salt on the road caused it and it has to pass? The brake test is done an the ground where the front tyre spins to a speed of 100kms and then the inspector hits the brake to check the reaction of the brake. We cant copy everything from there because you guys over there do not patch your exhaust. Here we patch it all over and even fix our own catalyst in our local way. That is technology which you guys dont have. Abi
what parts do you think would wear and tear in a suspension?IBushings,Springs andDampers leaking) how doeas a computer check this if not with your eyes plz xplain
Talking about salt:Salt does not rust your car if not it wont be on the road.
Rust on your car would not make your car fail MOT unless the parts rusted are lose and might likely fall out.

Brake test,How is this computerised?your wheels spins on the rotery spindle and the examiner applies the brake and checks the braking distance.This is jusdged by the examiner not a computer.Or you call the rotery spindle a computer angry angry
If you inded know how a cat converter works you will realize that speaking of reparing it is like saying you are going to patch an expended air bag shocked(Non servicable)
As per bad roads, if I fall into a pot hole and my car gets damaged, I can sue the local council and claim dmages and money for repairs back!

1 Like

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by helpishere(m): 10:05pm On May 29, 2018
erico2k2:

what parts do you think would wear and tear in a suspension?IBushings,Springs andDampers leaking) how doeas a computer check this if not with your eyes plz xplain
Talking about salt:Salt does not rust your car if not it wont be on the road.
Rust on your car would not make your car fail MOT unless the parts rusted are lose and might likely fall out.

Brake test,How is this computerised?your wheels spins on the rotery spindle and the examiner applies the brake and checks the braking distance.This is jusdged by the examiner not a computer.Or you call the rotery spindle a computer angry angry
If you inded know how a cat converter works you will realize that speaking of reparing it is like saying you are going to patch an expended air bag shocked(Non servicable)
As per bad roads, if I fall into a pot hole and my car gets damaged, I can sue the local council and claim dmages and money for repairs back!
So you understand how the brake test works and you still believe it is not computerised. Maybe na the english be the issue. The results are computerised and not manually done. I think that is where the issue is.
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by erico2k2(m): 10:48pm On May 29, 2018
helpishere:

So you understand how the brake test works and you still believe it is not computerised. Maybe na the english be the issue. The results are computerised and not manually done. I think that is where the issue is.
how is that computerized? the brake check is dona and axamined by a person not a computer, you do not plug the car into a computer for brake test, however you plug the car to a computer for emission test.
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Batunce: 9:56am On Sep 17, 2020
nabegibeg:

Your car wont be scanned trust me grin

just pay the fees and you'll be given the computerized print out

It has been going on since it was commissioned at Ojodu-berger

the only time they scanned was the day it was commissioned to deceive the public and that was the end. after that it was business as usual

You are wrong, Sir, and you misinformed the General Public.

Every Vehicles are inspected with State-Of-The-Art Equipment at Lagos Computerized Vehicle Inspection Service.

Computerized Vehicle Inspection that she embarked upon, since 2017, is still in place.

There are Eighteen (18) Centres across Lagos, now, and more Centres are under Construction.
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Batunce: 11:50am On Sep 17, 2020
erico2k2:

how is that computerized? the brake check is dona and axamined by a person not a computer, you do not plug the car into a computer for brake test, however you plug the car to a computer for emission test.

Sir, for your information, underneath Inspection is part of Inspections that we carry out on every Vehicles at our Centres.
During, the Inspection, our Engineer(s) move into an Inspection Pit, to examine the underneath Components of Vehicle.
Vehicle Owners / Presenters are being invited into the Pit, to see certain things, if need be.

However, Brake Efficiency Test, among others, is being done by Computerized Equipment, and not by a Person.

Our Brake Efficiency Tester is Connected to a Computer and Database.
Upon, launch of the Tester, Inspection commences when Vehicle is driven on the Brake Tester. Computer prompts the Driver when to: put Gear in Neutral, press Service Brake, release Parking Brake, and others.

The Brake Efficiency is done by Computerized Equipment, the Results are sent to the Database, and reflects on the Inspection Report, being printed.

In Addition to Brake Efficiency, our State-of-the-art Equipment capture the Braking Difference and Braking imbalance.

Lagos Computerized Vehicle inspection Service carry out Inspection in accordance with Globally Accepted Best Practice.

Visit any of our Centres, for Inspection of your Vehicle.
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by helpishere(m): 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
Batunce:

Sir, for your information, underneath Inspection is part of Inspections that we carry out on every Vehicles at our Centres.
During, the Inspection, our Engineer(s) move into an Inspection Pit, to examine the underneath Components of Vehicle.
Vehicle Owners / Presenters are being invited into the Pit, to see certain things, if need be.

However, Brake Efficiency Test, among others, is being done by Computerized Equipment, and not by a Person.

Our Brake Efficiency Tester is Connected to a Computer and Database.
Upon, launch of the Tester, Inspection commences when Vehicle is driven on the Brake Tester. Computer prompts the Driver when to: put Gear in Neutral, press Service Brake, release Parking Brake, and others.

The Brake Efficiency is done by Computerized Equipment, the Results are sent to the Database, and reflects on the Inspection Report, being printed.

In Addition to Brake Efficiency, our State-of-the-art Equipment capture the Braking Difference and Braking imbalance.

Lagos Computerized Vehicle inspection Service carry out Inspection in accordance with Globally Accepted Best Practice.

Visit any of our Centres, for Inspection of your Vehicle.

Thanks for your explanation, what happened to the motorists who paid for the roadworthy certificate and are told to return for the physical inspection and they never did?
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Batunce: 2:03am On Sep 18, 2020
helpishere:

Thanks for your explanation, what happened to the motorists who paid for the roadworthy certificate and are told to return for the physical inspection and they never did?

You are welcome, Sir.

Immediately Road Worthiness Certificate is being given to Vehicle Owners, Lagos Computerized Vehicle Inspection REFERRAL NOTE, which qualifies Vehicle Owners for Computerized Vehicle Inspection, is also given.

Vehicle Owners are not being told to come back for Inspection.
If one of the eighteen Centres is at the place of the issuance of the Road Worthiness Certificate, the Motorists present the Referral Note at the Centre, to subject his or her Vehicle for Inspection, free of charge.

If no Inspection Centre is at the place of the issuance of Road Worthiness Certificate, the Motorist will take the Referral Note to any of the Eighteen Centres, for Inspection.

At Lagos Computerized Vehicle Inspection Centres, the following Inspections are being carried out on Vehicles:
1. Visual Check
2. Underneath Inspection
3. Emission Test
4. Steering and Alignment Test
5. Head Lamps Test
6. Suspension Efficiency Test
7. Brake Efficiency Test

In 1. Engineers check functionality and presence of all Exterior lights, Tyres, Washer, Wipers, Windscreen, Mirrors, among others.

Little has been said about 2. in previous Post

In 5. Computerized Equipment check the Intensity and Angle of Deviation of Main and Dipped Beam (popularly called Full Light and Low Beam).
During Visual Check, presence/functionality of Main and Dipped Beam are being carried out, but this check the Intensity and Angle of Deviation of Head Lamps.

3. to 7. are being done by Computerized Equipment.
In each of the Computerized stages, the results are automatically sent to the Database, and in return, automatically reflect in Inspection Report.
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Batunce: 9:33am On Dec 01, 2023
LACVIS (VIO) ABULE EGBA is at Plot 1, Sanni Labode Strret, Oja Oba.

The Vehicle Inspection Centre is inside Petals Filling Station (Former Samar Filling Station) Compound.

The Inspection Centre is beside SLOT, inside the Compound.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bmw X3 2017 / 2005 Audi A4 Vs 2000 Honda Accord (baby Boy) / 2019 Range Rover Sport Get Some New Modifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.