Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses (26913 Views)

❗️Call Me For Your Computerised Car Inspection In Ibadan And Lagos❗️ / Computerised Vehincle Inspection Center Takes Off In Ondo / Lagos Commissions Eight New Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by AutoJoshNG: 4:36pm On Apr 27, 2018

In line with the procedure for ascertaining the Road Worthiness of Vehicles in Nigeria and Worldwide, the Lagos State Government Vehicle Inspection Service (VIS) commenced operations of Computerized Vehicle Inspection Centers across Lagos State on 1st August, 2017.

For a start, Corporate Organisations, Associations, Unions and other Commercial Vehicle Owners whose vehicle documentations have expired are advised to bring their vehicles physically for computerized inspections. Private individuals are also encouraged to use the service

As of today, there are now 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers in Lagos State. See the addresses of the 10 centers below..

Ojodu Test Centre
VIS Testing Ground, Ogunnusi Road Berger.

PWD Test Centre
Works Yard, Old Secretariat, Ikeja.

Gbagada Test Centre
NCIE Gbagada (Beside Flour Mills)

Agric-Isawo Test Centre
Beside Rehabilitation Vocational Centre, Oremeji Taylor Close, Off Isawo/Owutu Road, Ikorodu West.

Odogunyan Test Centre
VIO Testing Ground, Olopomeji, Odogunyan Ikorodu.

Ayobo Test Centre
VIS Office, Falola Street, Majiyagbe Layout, Church Busstop, Ipaja.

Oko-Oba Test Centre
VIS Testing Ground, No1, Palm View Estate, Suco Bus stop, Opposite RRS Command, Oko-Oba, Agege.

Oko-Afo Test Centre
LASTMA Bus stop Oko AFO, Lagos Badagry Express way.

Badagry Test Centre
PWD Yard, Hospital Road, Badagry Town, Badagry.

Epe Test Center
VIS Work’s Yard, After T-Junction, Opposite Epe Resort & Spa, Epe Itokin Expressway Way, Epe.

-  Note that private vehicles are to be inspected once very year and commercial vehicles twice a year (every 6 months).

-  This procedure is carried out at the point of vehicle registration or vehicle documentation renewal.

Have you used the computerized vehicle inspection facility in Lagos? Tell us something in the comment section below

https://autojosh.com/computerised-vehicle-inspection-centers/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Bblessing37: 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
What do we do with this news Na? Anyway I think the next fellow below me may wanna fry beans with it grin
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by lonelydora: 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
Why should i go to a computerised vehicle inspection centre where they will ask me to register first with a fee, then ask me to go home and back in 2 weeks time when Kazeem by the roadside in Ikoku (PH) can use his years of experience and diagnose my car and fix it immediately.

1 Like

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by okomile(f): 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
Tks
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by psalmson001: 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
I give these inspection centres 5 years. They will become a shadow of themselves.
Nigerian government and maintenance culture be like cat & dog

2 Likes

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Lexit: 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
Vehicle paper renewal is now a serious issue for drivers in Lagos. Na to dey run to Ogun and Ibadan now for renewal. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
Toks
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by moscobabs(m): 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
H
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by godson4u79(m): 6:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
Be optimistic for once and remember this na Lagos

psalmson001:
I give these inspection centres 5 years. They will become a shadow of themselves.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Olaiya26: 6:19pm On Apr 27, 2018
How much?
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by DJperdurabo: 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
Another burden on an already overburdened populace.

Knowing the average Nigerian government worker's attitude to work, no be small suffer dey upload for vehicle owners.

No problem anyway, these workers will always find a way to make extra bucks off the system. Cast your mind to the Driver License fiasco.

Sigh...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by psalmson001: 6:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
godson4u79:
Be optimistic for once and remember this na Lagos

Okay o........let's watch & see. We sha dey d same Lagos together.
Remember we are in Nigeria where new administration means changes or discontinuation of what the previous has done.
E:g Fashola - Lawma
Ambode - Visonless Scope

2 Likes

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Taiwo20(m): 6:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
visited in April.....the place is dope....you sit somewhere behind the glass like waiting for your wife on the labour room......
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by rossovu: 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
nice
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by kingthreat(m): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
How much is it for an inspection?
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by favourbaby: 8:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hope those trailers and articulated vehicles will also visit these places for inspection?
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by miqos02(m): 8:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
Cool
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Ladipodeal: 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2018
Obtaining road worthiness certificate is still business as usual.

1 Like

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by frankwalker(m): 9:26pm On Apr 27, 2018
Great post... Nice website.
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Bruemath(m): 2:13am On Apr 28, 2018
Ok
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by dcole73: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2018
psalmson001:
Nice initiative though.
But It will most likely just be an avenue for extortion after 5 years.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by erico2k2(m): 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2018
Oga Autojosh we still dey look for the part of the car wey computer dey Inspect ni grin grin
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 24, 2018
DJperdurabo:
Another burden on an already overburdened populace.

Knowing the average Nigerian government worker's attitude to work, no be small suffer dey upload for vehicle owners.

No problem anyway, these workers will always find a way to make extra bucks off the system. Cast your mind to the Driver License fiasco.

Sigh...

They award meaningless contracts just to siphon money. Then the civil servants keep running the same old procedures the only thing that changes is the amount on the invoice (it increases) and the bribe amount they charge you also increases.

The other day I was at the Ojodu office to renew driver's licence, they kept me on a bench for about 30 mins trying, according to them, to verify that my payment had 'entered'. Then the idīot in charge of the thing stylishly suggested that I pay an amount for someone to help me go & verify. It was when I informed him that I paid online more than a week previously and it was reflected immediately, that's when he sat up straight and pushed my application to the next department.

Every step/change in their process is an opportunity to request for bribe and extort money from the public.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by nabegibeg: 7:14am On May 25, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

In line with the procedure for ascertaining the Road Worthiness of Vehicles in Nigeria and Worldwide, the Lagos State Government Vehicle Inspection Service (VIS) commenced operations of Computerized Vehicle Inspection Centers across Lagos State on 1st August, 2017.

For a start, Corporate Organisations, Associations, Unions and other Commercial Vehicle Owners whose vehicle documentations have expired are advised to bring their vehicles physically for computerized inspections. Private individuals are also encouraged to use the service

As of today, there are now 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers in Lagos State. See the addresses of the 10 centers below..

Ojodu Test Centre
VIS Testing Ground, Ogunnusi Road Berger.

PWD Test Centre
Works Yard, Old Secretariat, Ikeja.

Gbagada Test Centre
NCIE Gbagada (Beside Flour Mills)

Agric-Isawo Test Centre
Beside Rehabilitation Vocational Centre, Oremeji Taylor Close, Off Isawo/Owutu Road, Ikorodu West.

Odogunyan Test Centre
VIO Testing Ground, Olopomeji, Odogunyan Ikorodu.

Ayobo Test Centre
VIS Office, Falola Street, Majiyagbe Layout, Church Busstop, Ipaja.

Oko-Oba Test Centre
VIS Testing Ground, No1, Palm View Estate, Suco Bus stop, Opposite RRS Command, Oko-Oba, Agege.

Oko-Afo Test Centre
LASTMA Bus stop Oko AFO, Lagos Badagry Express way.

Badagry Test Centre
PWD Yard, Hospital Road, Badagry Town, Badagry.

Epe Test Center
VIS Work’s Yard, After T-Junction, Opposite Epe Resort & Spa, Epe Itokin Expressway Way, Epe.

-  Note that private vehicles are to be inspected once very year and commercial vehicles twice a year (every 6 months).

-  This procedure is carried out at the point of vehicle registration or vehicle documentation renewal.

Have you used the computerized vehicle inspection facility in Lagos? Tell us something in the comment section below

https://autojosh.com/computerised-vehicle-inspection-centers/

Your car wont be scanned trust me grin

just pay the fees and you'll be given the computerized print out

It has been going on since it was commissioned at Ojodu-berger

the only time they scanned was the day it was commissioned to deceive the public and that was the end. after that it was business as usual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by lonelydora: 7:21am On May 25, 2018
Good. Let me roll in my father's VW bettle
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by datola: 7:25am On May 25, 2018
How LASG abuses the words 'computerised', '
world class,

I have been to the place at Ojodu and it is just a wheel alignment building with an old school computer in place.

1 Like

Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by seyiseyi11: 7:33am On May 25, 2018
If you have a good car and you are looking for driver for uber.you can contact us.we provide good driver.08170333761
Re: 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses by erico2k2(m): 8:03am On May 25, 2018
@AutoJoshNG
I admire you daily update on the Auto Industry in Lagos and Nigeria as we speak, however tis issue of Computerized vehicle inspection has hit the wrong turn.
In the US and EU there is nothing like computerized vehicle inspection centre. we have Designated MOT centres which uses computer to determine emission ratings, apart from that there is nothing for computers to test, everything is done by the technician physically.SO my question to you is this, how and where did we get this from? how come we don't copy the full package ?I'm sure you can research this and use your good office to correct this misplacement of priority.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? / Huge Block Of Ice Smashes Through Windshield In Northern China ( Video) / Radiator Fan Only Works When AC Is Switched On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.