Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,156 members, 7,829,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

How Do One Hunger And Thirst After Righteousness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do One Hunger And Thirst After Righteousness? (320 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness / Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do One Hunger And Thirst After Righteousness? by Timekeeper: 5:00am On Apr 29, 2018
According to Matthew 5 vs 6: blessed are they which do Hunger and thirst after righteousness; for they shall be filled... My question is how can one be sure in his heart that he is hungry after righteousness...
Re: How Do One Hunger And Thirst After Righteousness? by feodan: 5:24am On Apr 29, 2018
So simple, just apply this verse to a human being who is hungry and thirsty for food. What does that person do @ that time when he's truely hungry ?

Noting in this world matters to the person anymore than to see food and water to quench the hunger and thirst,

That's exactly what jesus is saying here that when you are hungry and thirsty after righteousness, at that time noting in this world will call your attention like Studing THE BIBLE, PRAYING, DOING IS WILL and wanting to know more of him.

here's how i understand this passage of the scripture.
Re: How Do One Hunger And Thirst After Righteousness? by Venerable612(m): 8:19am On Apr 29, 2018
feodan:
So simple, just apply this verse to a human being who is hungry and thirsty for food. What does that person do @ that time when he's truely hungry ?

Noting in this world matters to the person anymore than to see food and water to quench the hunger and thirst,

That's exactly what jesus is saying here that when you are hungry and thirsty after righteousness, at that time noting in this world will call your attention like Studing THE BIBLE, PRAYING, DOING IS WILL and wanting to know more of him.

here's how i understand this passage of the scripture.

Lovely Analogy.

But the question is not so much how you are fed when you are hungry... or how you quench your thirst.

I suppose the question the op was asking is how the hunger and thirst comes about in the first place. Sort of, how do you develop such hunger and thirst.

They are both mutually exclusive.

(1) (Reply)

Does Your Church Vet The Source Of Its Members’ Income,especially Heavy-hitters? / Bringing Down Revival 1 / Alhamdulilah!!!!! The New Cresent Has Been Sighted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.