Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,935 members, 7,810,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria (36913 Views)

Doctors Shut Down Hospitals In Imo State Over Police Brutality / Photos Of Best Hospitals In Anambra / Which Are The Best Hospitals In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by TheSly: 12:47am On May 23, 2008
dennisfree:

u better start to u herb medication cool
Sorry. . . .Try again. . . . . I dont want to be poisoned all in the name of medication. cheesy
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by RampantT(f): 12:50am On May 23, 2008
yes one day, I might come to nigeria for treatment. . . one day never
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by TheSly: 12:58am On May 23, 2008
dennisfree:

what ever u believe will happen to u.change your mind set.

Tell that to the porcupines. . . . grin
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Esss(m): 1:20am On May 23, 2008
shocked
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Esss(m): 11:06am On May 23, 2008
The problems with Nigerian Hospitals starts with the government and ends with the masses.

In Paris, the bills I incure from every visit to the hospital is not friendly at all when you convert it to Naira.

The thing is that every government in trying to please the populace brings in this stupid and unproductive concept of Free-health care, and my brother nothing good is cheap or free.

These Doctors are under-paid when you compare their payslips to that of their european counterparts. How do you expect quality healthcare service when even the schools that produces our nurses and doctors are riddled with corruption and filled with non-chalant teachers/lecturers who graduate half-baked Nurses that cannot even make correct sentences in english every year. Some nurses do not even know how to administer an injection let alone set up an I.V.

Government hospitals still remain one of the best hospitals in the country, but that only when you have money.

Everybody is looking our for themselves only. Starting with the contractors who built the facilities who cut corner and build funny looking structures and call them hospitals, to the the janitors that clean the hospitals that do not have any job satisfaction so they just come to work when they like and do their jobs as they seem fit and go, leaving the entire clinic reeking of locally manufactured IZAL disinfectant. Or should we talk about the person who delivers hospital supplies and stocks them with fake and sub-standard products and drugs from illegal traders in Onitsha, lagos and Aba. Please dont let me talk about hospital maintainance. Cos most government hospitals look like abandoned properties with broken windows, broken down, non fucntional & out-dated vehicles and ambulances. The environment in which the hospital is situated is not even encouraging.

Who buys hospital equipments?? In all federal and state hospitals they are still using old and outdated equipments and tools. You can barely find hospitals with standby generators, no blood banks not even pharmacies.

The doctors atimes are not the problem, but rather the environment in which they work.

Also when you add the fact that most of these clinics are over crowded, with some pateints even having to receive treatments in the hallways due to non avaliability of space.

I beg even you sef are bound to be frustrated with your job if you be Nigerian doctor

The way out is for the government to remove their hands from healthcare. Instead of free they should subsidise the health sector. The insurance companies should come up with good affordable health insurance policies that could help cater for the bills of the people. And all gorvernment hospitals should be setup in such a way that every clinic would have a board of directors made up of good upright citizens, whose jobs will be to make sure that the hospitals stay on point, the doctors and nurses behave as they should, and that the clinic makes some money. New and mordern equipments should be imported and installed at these clinics.

Too much Awoof dey kill.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by reindeer: 9:42pm On May 23, 2008
very well said!!
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Naijamedic(m): 11:43pm On May 24, 2008
Esss, no one could possibly have said it better!!!

1 Like

Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Naijamedic(m): 3:02am On May 27, 2008
Yinka Craig, Sunny Okosun and Gani were diagnosed with various kinds of Cancer abroad. They all were initially misdiagnosed in Nigeria - e.g. Gani who is receiving treatment for lung cancer was initially misdiagnosed with pneumonia!!! Where on earth are we headed too? Misdiagnosis isn't new but this is a record!!!

shocked

Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by edygirl(f): 8:31pm On May 27, 2008
Sadly, Sonny Okosun had recently passed away. He died of cancer of the colon.May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Naijamedic(m): 12:22am On May 28, 2008
Amen.
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by lianc: 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2008
Pls tell me whether there is a private hospital in Nigeria called: Heartdell Hospital,3 Siatere Street, Ego State, Nigeria.

My friend an American was supposed to leave Abuja on 26/6/08 for London. I did not hear from him for two days. Today I received a email that he was involved in a fatal accident and is admitted to this hospital. They said his ribs are broken and they need do a surgery to repair his kidney or he will die. They said his driver died this morning.

Pls verify urgently. Thank you.
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by reindeer: 12:40am On Jun 29, 2008
are they asking for money for the surgery?
cos if thats the case, sounds like a classic nigerian scam, they ask for monies for surgery for someone who is involved in an accident, tell them to send you the doctors phone number and his MDCN registration number and you can easily verify the claim with the medical and dental council of nigeria.
give a shout out to allthe people in eDo state, they may have an idea, or yes, ask for the hospitals registration number which can be checked with the state's hospital management board, or tell him to refer the patiend to University of Benin Teaching Hospital where such surgeries are better done.
cheers!
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by lianc: 1:44am On Jun 29, 2008
Pls can anyone tell me if there is any way in Nigeria to check on authencity of a person and address and tel no?

Eric Kevin,
23 Abi Street,
Warri,
Delta State, Nigeria.

Mega Collins,
23 Udu Road,
Warri,
Delta State, Nigeria.

The telephone nos are: (234)806-5117801 & (234)807-3109877 & (234)807-7409422

Please help if anyone have any information on any of the above. Thank you.
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Gentlejack: 11:45am On Jun 29, 2008
Well i would say that though not all hospitals and clinics in Nigeria are managed by competent hands but while taking about them in a degrading manner ,i advice you to be specific about the main ones you are talking about because we still have hospitals that renders high quality care service to both patients and clients and i extremely disconcor with you taking herbs for your ailment because you might be endagering your liver,please i admonish you to try a better hospital based on recommendation.
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by EnitanBimb: 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2008
Hello everyone,

I have been reading the forum and just felt I should join in. As a Medical student in the UK I have always heard stories and witnessed the great unprofessional and ill-fitting practices of Nigerian doctors and hospitals.

Where as I can completely understand the lack of resources and support for the Nigerian Health care system I cannot ignore the pure selfishness and lack of respect of the Nigerian professionals.

Even though there is no resources, what stops people from acting out of compassion - now I am not a fool and at the end of the day you cannot help everyone and show mercy to everyone if you yourself cannot support them financially but what about those who in position that actually do have some resources? What are they doing to further and better the standard of the hospital and still be relatable to their patients.

There are many Nigerian students and doctors abroad and most of them including myself would love to come to Nigeria and work. I see no point in having all these qualifications and talent if I cannot help the people I was trained to help.

Healthcare is not about making money, it is not about business opportunities it is about the standard of living and the wellbeing of Nigerian citizens. You don't joke or make a transaction over someone's life. You don't forfeight the right to up to date drugs to make money. This is someone's life we are talking about no a business deal.

Many of us are willing to learn and accomadate the Nigerian system and change it for the better. Everyone, no matter how poor or who your father is has the right to basic healthcare. Everyone.

What we need to do is form alliances and contacts. So if anybody can give us relevant information on the sutuation in Nigerian hospitals, how you actually receive treatment or any suggestions on how we can improve on the Healthcare system that would be much appreciated.

Obviously we need 1st hand experience and we will be making regular trips to Nigeria when we can. It is not our fault that we were born or live abroad and we do not apologise for it but we do recognise our own and we want to help.

We are capable and willing. Our friends could be the next business moguls in Nigeria or even the next president, we need to put ourselves in a position where if we know someone who is able to appoint people that we are ready to make our mark on the Health sector. You need people who undertand the system and have healthcare in their hearts and minds not Money.

Thank you.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Enitan
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by ilford155: 11:51am On Jun 30, 2008
HI
We are ready to give a helping hand to improve the healthcare system of our dear country.
A concern Nigerian medical informatics professional from Saudi
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by jake67: 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2008
I am trying to find out whether anyone out there has ever heard of a Dr Tobi Coker or a Private Hospital in Lagos, Nigeria called the Rexanlin Smithcline Hospital. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by DrSenthil: 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2008
Healthcare Treatments in Chennai India.

Hi my name is Dr.Senthil and I run a medical tourism company to treat patients from other countries in my network hospitals in Chennai.

We have tie ups with 15 Hospitals to offer any kind of medical treatments.

I am an Ophthalmologist by profession.

We can offer package treatments for

Cataract Surgery, Lasik, Infertility, Orthopaedic Procedures, Gasterointestinal Treatment and Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgeries etc.

My company is allready getting patients from Nigeria.

Please email me at drsenthil23@hotmail.com if you need any more information.

Our Nigerian representative will get back to you once u ask for details

Regards

Dr.Senthil
Pranav Healthcare Services Pvt Ltd.
Chennai india
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by sigy: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2008
hi people
i like to check some info here. and that is if there is a hospital from the greenlife children care in the city abeokuta in the ogun state.
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Mohicano: 11:05pm On Oct 07, 2008
Can someone help me in order to know if there is a "Light Hospital Medical Centre" in Ogun state

I met a girl on the web claimming for some help, this girl had an accident car and she must pay for getting out from the Hosp. Someone called Dr Adelaja L. Bidemi is suppossed the Doctor who I was in contact with.

Dr. Bidemi asked to me to send some money to the next Western Union way:
Name.Olumide Falola
Country Nigeria
State .Ogun State
Zip Code. 23437
Text: Question
Good: Text Answer Life

I´ll appreciate any answer.
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Exstar(f): 9:34am On Oct 08, 2008
Hospitals in my state are wonderful and the doctors are professionals,
especially the private ones, they have nice and well mannered nurses(not all of them o!) but the bills are crazily expensive though but i think it worth it afterall cos you get an unimaginable attention, medication and treatment.
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by reindeer: 12:04am On Oct 15, 2008
@mohicano

dont you send money!!!
you are being scammed, first tell your friend to go to the teaching hospital located in shagamu ogun state, there they have all the best proffesionals in that state.the storu u gave is so commonny used for such scams.
Tell her the hospital should refer her to the teaching hospital and lets hear what they'll say and request for a medical report, then paste the report here(without names) and lets dissect it for you.
asides ask for a full address of the hospital i have a doctor friend working in the state capital whom i can tell to check on it for you.
takia
cheers!
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Mariu: 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2008
I need someone from Lagos to inform me if a hospital named ADERIBIGBE exists , is a private hospital and I need to know the phone number very urgent !!!
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Amylia: 5:11am On Dec 02, 2008
I have been reading through the replies on this post and have a question of my own. 
I have been in contact with a man who states he had to travel to Nigeria for business and earlier this evening, he sent me an email stating he was robbed and assaulted while taking a taxi back to his hotel room.  Now he says he needs money to pay for his hospital bills and needs the funds by the end of the week.
Now I am suspicious by nature and questioned which hospital he was at and the doctor's name,   does anyone know if there is a hospital called Hosana Hospital in Ogun State?  The address is as follows:

Mitchel Cole (Supposed doctor)
12 Oyetayo Street Mushin
Ago Iwoye
Ogun State
Nigeria

ANY info would be appreciated! I smell a rat and guess I just need to validate my concerns lol thanks!
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Mariu: 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2008
Amilya,

Don't send any money Pleeeeeaaaase, i was told the same exact story and when I asked for the complete address of the hospital and I offered to help thru a frien of mine who was suppposedly there, they never answered back !!! It was a lie !!!, I know its hard to believe, specially when you think there is someone you love or care for who needs help but don't worry they are not sick or injured , they just want your money.

Good luck
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Amylia: 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2008
Mariu,

Thanks for replying! I just wish I knew if that even was a real hospital, since I can't find any info online about it. He made it sound so real, I'm asking for proof now, of his hospital papers and bills. We'll see what he comes up with.

Thank you again!
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Mariu: 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2008
yes, I understand, I wish I could confirm it too, but the hospital name did not appear on the internet and if it was really an emergency, why they didn't give all the information I requested. They just disapeared from one day to another. It is terrible to bare with these people, they do it so well you always believe their stories.
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Amylia: 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2008
Mariu, I am so sorry this has happened to you, me, ANY of us.
We don't deserve to be lied to and taken advantage of, just not fair.

You don't have any contact with him anymore?
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by Mariu: 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2008
No, after I asked a friend of him who was in Nigeria to send me all the complete information about the hospital, address, phone number, etc, they just disappeared. He was comming to marry me !!!! can you believe that

Well, I learnt a lot and hopefully it won't happen again to me again.

Take care,
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by JJYOU: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
Mariu:

No, after I asked a friend of him who was in Nigeria to send me all the complete information about the hospital, address, phone number, etc, they just disappeared. He was comming to marry me !!!! can you believe that

Well, I learnt a lot and hopefully it won't happen again to me again.

Take care,
that is nigerians morality you are throwing down the drain. better check your watch when most say good morning. many are funny greedy people. i know we will be insulted for saying this.

back to business of hospital state, majority are not fit for purpose
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by ihir: 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2009
Please,I suggest you stop saying bad words about doctors and nurses in nigeria.Every profession as it's own bad side.I want you to know that this site is not seen in nigeria alone,I leave and work as a nurse outside nigeria,And i give every one good impression about nigeria nurses because am also trained from Wusasa School of Nusing NIGERIA and my lecturers took their very time to train us nicely and we are trying our best to give our patient and client the best. Thanks so much.Please encourage Doctors and Nurses and stop saying abusive words against them.
Re: Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria by ziga: 5:10am On Jun 16, 2009
Please, No disrespect our doctors and nurses ooo. What do u want them to use in the diagnosis of the cancer? Even if they had the equipment, who's gonna pay for it. Can you compare the welfare of Doctors out ther to what is happening in Naija.

All these factors make the difference.

I've noticed a patter among us Nigerians. We always put down our own things, but you'll never realize how much other nationals appreciate the things we already put down.

Agreed there are problems. So let us truthfully talk about the problems like normal people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Israeli Who Recovered In Japan Develops Coronavirus Again In Israel / I Dont Understand This Feeling Please, I've Never Felt This Way Before. / Help!! How Do I Get Rid Of These Spots On My Knees?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.