Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

A Must-read Drama: Devil The Satan (C) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Must-read Drama: Devil The Satan (C) (298 Views)

Where Did The Satan In Christianity Come From? / Selling My Soul To The Satan. / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must-read Drama: Devil The Satan (C) by tungamaje: 11:12am On Apr 29, 2018
(Continued from last week)
Part 3
Act 1
Scene 1
Lights on to show Jackson at home with his visiting friend Moses. Both friends are discussing the devil topic
Jackson: Hm Moses, the Bible is really big you know. Could you imagine how I used to be afraid of the devil and his angels? I didn't know there is nothing like that
Moses: What about me? Didn't you see how I jumped and fled the other day Abu collided with us?
Jackson: Ol' boy, you are really a good athlete. Why not run for the country, at least you can win a medal
Moses: My brother, it was fear that made me run like that, it was as if the devil instructed him to attack us
Jackson: Me too, I was really afraid, especially as he wore black- black shirt, black trousers, black pair of shoes as well as his dark eye glasses. You know they say black is the favourite colour of the devil and his angels
Moses: You are right, that's what they say, but God and his angels prefer white
Jackson: But all these are now tales to me, I didn't know the devil doesn't exist
Moses: But Jack, the Bible is really sweet you know, it said when the Word of God enters into you, it drives away fear, it's now I know it's true, I am now free
Jackson: You are right my brother. Do you know that formerly, I dared not come out in the night to ease myself; do you want witches to attack me?
Moses: You are talking about yourself, what about I? Was it not inside 'poh' (a plastic container) I used to piss into like a baby? I will then pour it away when day breaks?
Jackson: Let me recount an incident that happened to me some time ago
Scene 2
FLASHBACK
Very early in the morning, Junior’s mother sent him on an errand
Mum: Junior, please quickly run to Mama Eze and buy me 4 guinea fowl eggs before she leaves for the market, I prefer them to chicken eggs
Junior: Okay mum
Mum: You need to be careful and don't break them, do you hear me? You know you play a lot; I don't want any to break
Junior: No problem mum
As the boy was returning, he was juggling with two of the eggs and one fell and crashed in front of Jackson's door while he returned 3 to his mother
Mum: But Junior I thought I told you to buy 4 eggs, why 3?
Junior: (Lied) She has run out of stock mum, only 3 eggs remain. She said I should come later to collect the remainder
Mum: It's alright
Jackson awoke and opened his door to admire a new day. He came outside but unaware that he was standing over the broken egg. He admires the beautiful morning
Jackson: What a bright day! Today is really beautiful. (Stretching himself) Yes I am feeling so lively and refreshed, God thank you for today
As he bent down and looked under himself, he saw a freshly broken egg between his two feet. He shouted and jumped up, falling and crashing on empty plastic containers and began to cry
What have I done to my enemies? Why are they after my life? Why is it they don't want to leave me alone?
His weeping attracted his neighbours
A neighbour: Mr. Jackson, what's the problem? Why are you crying like a baby?
Still crying and pointing at the broken egg
Jackson: Look at it, my enemies are after my life, they have come to sacrifice in front of my door. These people are after my life, they have been following me wherever I go
Junior's mother recognized the egg and called Junior
Mum: Junior!
Junior: Mummy!
Mum: Come here! (He came) But is this not one of the eggs I sent you to buy?
Junior: It is, mummy; it fell off my hand and broke
Mum: But why did you lie to me earlier?
Junior: I am really sorry mum
Mum: You should be sorry for yourself (went to apologize to Jackson) Sorry Mr. Jackson; it was Junior who broke the egg in front of your door. I sent him to buy 4 guinea fowl eggs; he broke 1 and returned 3. Sorry for the embarrassment. Please it's your boy who did it and not an enemy
Jackson: Oh, it was you Junior who did this? I am going to kill you today
Everybody laughed as he picked up a cane and ran after Junior
Moses: (Laughing) Ha ha ha ha ha! Very funny indeed
Jackson: It's now I know that all those witches did this, witches did that, are all mere coincidences, they are all rumors
Moses: (Agrees) It's true my brother. You would see that whenever they tell the story, they will say, they said they said. Nobody will ever say I was there when it happened, no evidence! Even with the advent of camera phones, nobody ever records it as it was happening
Jackson: But Moses is it not good we meet our pastor and hear his opinion? Although Sam was able to convince us, let's meet our pastor
Moses: Yes, it's a good idea. Let it not be that the devil has actually used Samuel to deceive us
Jackson: Should we go?
Moses: Yes, let's go
They leave and lights off

Scene 3
Lights on to show a pastor meditating on what he read in the Bible. The two friends arrive at his home and knock
Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock!
Pastor: (Responds) Yes? Come in please
They enter and greet him
Both: Pastor, good evening sir! Good evening pastor
Pastor: Good evening my brothers, may the Lord be with both of you in Jesus' name
Both: Amen
Pastor: Yes you are welcome. Please you can sit down.
They sit down
Both: Thank you pastor
Pastor: Yes, I hope there is no problem
Jackson: Em Pastor, there is a little problem which brought us here
Pastor: (Quakes and mumbles) Sherimamama baskurisari goroti kanganbura (then) The devil is a liar. My God is bigger than any mountain; he has revealed to me that your problem is not too much and that you are going to overcome it in Jesus' name
Both: Amen
Pastor: So, what is troubling you? God is in control
Jackson: Pastor, em, we discussed the Bible with one man yesterday and he told us the devil isn't real. He said the devil is a word the New Testament of the Bible used to represent the evil tendency in us human beings
Pastor: Do you mean it? What sort of person is that? Are you sure he is a human being?
Moses: He is, pastor. He showed us in the Bible where God said he himself does both good and evil and has no challenger
Pastor: Did you say the man showed you? Are you sure it was the original Bible you read? You know, there are different Bibles nowadays
Jackson: Yes pastor, it was the King James Version and he showed us two places- Isaiah 45:5-7 and Deuteronomy 32:39
Pastor: Did you say the man showed you Isaiah 45:5-7 and Deuteronomy 32:39?
Both: Yes pastor
Moses: He even showed us in Mark 7:21-23 where Jesus said that nothing enters into us to make us do evil
Jackson: (In support of his friend)Yes pastor, that all evil a man does originate from his heart; that no devil pushes a person to commit sin
Pastor: (Sighs deeply) Hmmmh! My brothers, I think I warned you that the Bible itself said the devil will send his angels to deceive true children of God. That's why the Bible said we should try every spirit. How can a person teach such nonsense? (Sighs again) Hmmmh! I think I need to see him and neutralize him
Both: Yes pastor, it's a good idea. I trust my pastor. Let him come and prove what he said before our pastor
Pastor: Can we go and see him, or is his place too far away?
Moses: His place isn’t far pastor, he is my neighbour
Pastor: Then take me to see him
Both: No problem, let's go
Pastor: In fact, let me go and see the person teaching such rubbish
They leave and lights off

Scene 4
The pastor and the two friends arrive at Samuel’s
Pastor: (To both friends) Are you sure he is inside?
Moses: Yes Pastor, I saw him moments ago
Pastor knocks hardly on his door
Knock knock knock!!
Samuel: (Responds from inside) Yes? Please come in
Sees his friends and happily welcomes them
Wao, please come inside. How are you my friends?
Both: We are fine, thank you
Samuel: Please get yourselves seated
Moses: (Still standing and pointing at the pastor) Em Sam, this man you see here is our pastor and he has come to see you
Samuel: O welcome pastor, how are you? I hope there's no problem
Pastor: In fact there is, I want to ask you a question
Samuel: A question?
Pastor: O yes
Samuel: Okay go on with your question, I am ready
Pastor: I want to know if you are a true Christian
Samuel: Yes of course, I am
Pastor: (In a harsh tone) Then how come you are deceiving people by telling them it is God who does both good and evil?! You are also teaching that it's not the devil that pushes us to sin against God. Don't you see you are a deceiver?! Where do you come from?!
Samuel: (Tries to calm him down) Pastor please take it easy, this is not a matter that can lead to a quarrel. Please let us see what Amos 3:6 said
Pastor: Do you think I am afraid of your quotation? I am going to read it (He reads)
Shall a trumpet be blown in a city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? Amos 3:6
Pastor couldn't believe it
Jackson: (Whispering to his friend) My brother, this man has brought another quotation o, please write it down: Amos 3:6
Samuel: Let us again see what God told Moses in Exodus 4:11
Pastor: (Reluctantly) Exodus 4:11? (Reads)
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
Samuel: So you see, it is God who does everything, whether good or evil
The pastor picks courage
Pastor: So do you mean there is no devil which possesses us and makes us to sin against God?
Samuel: But Pastor, why not ask yourself why when God was giving his people the children of Israel his laws he didn't warn them about someone called the devil who makes people to commit sin. Rather whenever they committed sin, he held them responsible and punished them accordingly
Jackson: (Talking to his friend Moses) But Moses, it's true o. If the devil actually makes people to sin, God would have warned the Israelites to be careful of him
Moses: (Agrees) Yes, that's it
Pastor: Ok, if there is no devil, who then is Lucifer?
Both friends: (In support) Yes, who is Lucifer?
Samuel: Pastor, please let me ask you this: What is the meaning of Lucifer?
Pastor: But Lucifer is another name for the Morning star
Samuel: Please, is the name 'the Morning star' a good or a bad name?
Pastor: What are you saying? But it is a bad name of course. Or do you want to be called the Morning star?
Samuel: But if it is actually a bad name, why did Jesus in Revelation 22:16 call himself 'the bright and morning star'?
'I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches, I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star'.
Pastor: (Baffled) I don't understand. Jesus, do you mean it? Do you really understand the meaning of that name?
Moses: It's surprising. Why would Jesus call himself 'The morning star' which is another name for Lucifer?
Jackson: This is serious, Jesus calling himself Lucifer? Wonders shall never end
Samuel: (explains) My brothers Lucifer is a good name. Lucifer is actually the ancient name of planet Venus which appears in our early morning sky as the brightest of all stars. Prophet Isaiah used it as a proverb to describe the proud King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon who was at that time the greatest of all kings. The pride in him was likened to him being in heaven. The chapter was a taunt about how this proud, greatest of all kings would be brought low and humbled
Moses: Sam, so what you are saying in effect is that Lucifer has nothing to do with the devil?
Samuel: At all
Jackson: But they said Lucifer was the heavenly choirmaster before he rebelled against God
Samuel: Where did that story originate from? It's not in the Bible
Pastor: So you mean Isaiah14:12 is not referring to the devil?
Samuel: Not at all pastor. If you begin to read from verse 4, you would see that it was actually a parable against Nebuchadnezzar. Even verse 13 said Lucifer said in his heart that he will ascend to heaven, meaning he was not in heaven after all; he only proposed it in his heart. How then were they able to drive him out of heaven when he was not there yet?
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.(Isaiah 14:12-14)
Pastor: Okay, who was he that Holy Michael and his angels drove out of heaven in Revelation 12:7?
Samuel: I want to make one thing clear to you Pastor, the book of Revelation was written in symbols, what we read there should not be taken literarily
Pastor: Do you want to tell me the Bible is not telling us the truth, does the Bible tell lies?
Samuel: That's not what I mean. What I mean is that Jesus in the book of Revelation was prophesying in signs and symbols to John as we can see in the introduction to the book in Revelation 1:1.
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John
Moreover, those prophecies were about future events and not past events
Pastor: This man, you are not always straight to the point. Do you mean there was no war in heaven where the dragon and his followers were defeated?
Samuel: What I am saying is that there was no literal war in heaven, the story is symbolic. Even verse 3 of that chapter said the dragon had 7 heads and 10 horns, does such an animal exist? It's just a prophecy in symbols
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads (Revelation 12:3)
Moses: Wow! An animal with 7 heads and 10 horns? I don't believe such an animal exists, I doubt it
Jackson: It's true, that story must have been written in symbols
Pastor: But my point is that the dragon was called the old serpent known as the devil, am I right?
Samuel: You see, in that Jesus' prophecy which he symbolized to John, the main character will have the resemblance of the Garden of Eden serpent, he will be a liar and a deceiver
Moses: But I am really confused Sam, that place said there was joy in heaven because the dragon the enemy was cast out
Samuel: But come to think of it, why should there be celebration among the spiritual angels in heaven when all they did was to cast the enemy the devil out of heaven down to the earth to trouble us weak and powerless humans, is that not gross injustice?
Jackson: Sam I think I agree with you; that would be really bad of them
Moses: Yes both of you are right; why would they be celebrating when all they did was rather causing trouble for people who are not as spiritually strong as they are?
Samuel: Another reason why the story should not be taken literarily is what verse 11 said:
(Moses reads the portion)
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death (Revelation 12:11)
(Explains) It said it was the blood of Jesus and their godly living which were the weapons they used in defeating the devil; this clearly shows it wasn't a literal war. Moreover it also implies that Jesus had already died before the devil was thrown out of heaven, the prophecy is just symbolic
Not yet done
Pastor: Okay, I agree with you; there is nothing like the devil. But I want to know, who tempted Job? Was it not Satan?
Celebrating their pastor
Both friends: Wao! Pastor, it true! Yes, I trust my pastor! Up you pastor! Wonderful!
Samuel: Please wait. Pastor, do you agree with me that it wasn't English the prophets of God and the disciples of Jesus used in writing the Bible
Pastor: Yes, you are right. The Old Testament was written mainly in Hebrew while the New was written in Greek. I know everything
Samuel: Please can you tell me the meaning of the Hebrew word 'satan'?
Pastor: It's an adversary of course; do you think I don't know?
Samuel: When two people are against each other, they are adversaries to themselves, isn't it?
Pastor: But that's true
Samuel: If you and I are against ourselves, it doesn't necessarily mean either of us is an evil person, isn't it?
Pastor: But why are you asking me a lot of questions? But that's it
Samuel: This can help us understand why 1 Chronicles 21:1 said that Satan moved against the children of Israel and made David to number them whereas it was God himself who actually did it as we can see in 2 Samuel 24:1
Jackson: Please wait Sam, do you mean that 1 Chronicles 21 and 2 Samuel 24 recounted the same story?
Samuel: Yes of course, the Book of Chronicles recounted events which took place when kings ruled Israel
Pastor interrupts
Pastor: Please I don't want a long story, mine is that I want to know who tempted Job. Or don't you know the answer?
Samuel: Pastor, please calm down. You would notice that apart from chapters 1 and 2 of that Book of Job, there was no other chapter where Satan's name was mentioned in a book of 42 chapters other than a debate between Job and his friends
Pastor: You are just wasting my time my friend; please give me the simple answer: who tempted Job?
Both friends: Or don't you know the answer? Why are you dodging the answer?
Samuel: Please you should all exercise patience. Pastor, if you carefully follow that debate between Job and his friends, you will agree with me that they were not his friends, they were actually his adversaries
Pastor: What is this man saying? What concerns a conversation with the fact that Satan tempted Job?
Moses: It surprises me too
Samuel: Please wait. Chapter 2:11-13 said the three friends made an appointment to go and comfort Job for the evil that befell him. But the first response from Eliphaz in chapter 4:3-7 shows they didn't come to comfort him, they rather came to mock him
Pastor: So what did he tell him?
Samuel: Please let’s read it
Someone reads
Behold, thou hast instructed many, and thou hast strengthened the weak hands. Thy words have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees. But now it is come upon thee, and thou faintest; it toucheth thee, and thou art troubled. Is not this thy fear, thy confidence, thy hope, and the uprightness of thy ways? (Job 4:3-7)
(He explains) He told Job: You who strengthened weak people, now it has happened to you and you have fainted. Your fear (of God), your trust, your hope and your uprightness, have you seen it now?
Jackson: (Exclaims) Whaaat?! You came to comfort your friend who is in pain and you begin by telling him such?! In fact you are not a friend, you are an enemy
Moses: (Agrees) No, no, no, he was not Job’s friend at all, he was a real enemy. (Referring to pastor) Or what do you think pastor?
Pastor: (Angry at him) Shut up! (To Samuel) Look, that was what Eliphaz said, was that what the other two friends said too?

To be continued next week
Pleas note: If you would like to receive the complete drama (PDF) sent freely to you, please send request to akurechristadephians@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Your Authority For Warfare – Sam Adeyemi / My Download Is Out For Catholic Secret Cult Religion / In Abuja And Called To Media Ministry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.