Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,719 members, 7,862,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:09 PM

If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says (448 Views)

Hassanatu Suleiman Killed! Wife Of Suleiman Achor, PDP Leader In Ofu Murdered / PDP Leader Killed In Edo Over Tearing Of Billboards. Graphic Photos / Fayose Removed As PDP Leader In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says by nairavsdollars(f): 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
Chief Sunny Onuesoke is a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Delta State, and former governorship aspirant. In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he spoke on some key issues in the country. Excerpts:

The Senate and House of Representatives have summoned President Buhari to address a joint session of National Assembly on the raging insecurity in the country. Do you think he should honour the invitation?

Surely, as for the Buhari I know, this is the right time to prove himself right before Nigerians and the world in general. If the number one citizen refuses to honour the invitation of the National Assembly, then who else will honour another invitation from the federal lawmakers? The president must do the needful by honouring the summon.

Do you think the ordeal of Senator Dino Melaye is politically motivated?

It could be a little bit politically motivated or otherwise. But, from the outside look of things, these issues of Dino and Benue killings have reduced the international image of Nigeria to ground zero. How could you order a senior citizen of the position of a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to sit on the ground and the world press were collecting his footage to be showed worldwide by the media? So apt! It i a grand mess to our collective image. It is a red signal to prospective investors that the President is going round the world to invite and come and invest. If a Senator commits a crime, there is due process the government can follow. One question in my mind is: Why does the Federal Government not respect court orders? But, the executive, which is the Presidency, wants Nigerians to respect its own court orders and injunctions.

Do you see former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Third Force making any impact in 2019?

I doubt it. Nigerians have seen a lot of mergers and formations by many Forms Of Third Force. As For Me, I Do Not Think Nigerians Need Third Force today. We should build on the two major parties to make them a class for other Africa countries to copy.

Former president, Atiku Abubakar said he would restructure Nigeria within six months if elected president. Do you think this is achievable?

It is absolutely correct and perfectly in order. There are no two ways about it. Atiku, the Waziri Adamawa, is a dynamic one-stop shop investment icon, who could turn things around within 90 days of his swearing in as President of our great country.

If you are privileged to have a close interaction or one-on-one chat with the Waziri himself, you will understand what I mean. He has got the stuff, a born capitalist investor, an economic manager per excellence, etc., well respected in the global economy circle in the west and Middle East, which includes parts of the fast growing Asia giants. The name Atiku is a brand for investment perfection and also a seasoned administrator.

You once predicted a massive movement of APC leaders to PDP in February. Are you disappointed that did not happen?

Not at all! You know, when it comes to the issues of elected officers crossing to another party, it is not a free go issue. It is all about give and take. They have their various interests to protect as they are crossing over to PDP in various states of the federation. Some are negotiating with the various state leaders of PDP and the governors, as the case may be. You know, most governors in APC who are about to cross, will like to swallow the party’s structures as they are coming to PDP. It is give and take from both sides of the coin.

Read more https://independent.ng/if-elected-president-atiku-will-transform-nigeria-in-90-days-onuesoke/

Re: If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says by shobroy10(m): 2:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
If Atiku really mean business he should contest for his state governorship and if he win he should transform it to worldly standard and after then he will have my vote if not he does not mean well

1 Like

Re: If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says by nairavsdollars(f): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
Your brain needs to be checked. A former Vice- President to contest for governorship position? Do you pray for promotion in your life or demotion?

shobroy10:
If Atiku really mean business he should contest for his state governorship and if he win he should transform it to worldly standard and after then he will have my vote if not he does not mean well

1 Like

Re: If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says by ahiboilandgas: 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Chief Sunny Onuesoke is a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Delta State, and former governorship aspirant. In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he spoke on some key issues in the country. Excerpts:

The Senate and House of Representatives have summoned President Buhari to address a joint session of National Assembly on the raging insecurity in the country. Do you think he should honour the invitation?

Surely, as for the Buhari I know, this is the right time to prove himself right before Nigerians and the world in general. If the number one citizen refuses to honour the invitation of the National Assembly, then who else will honour another invitation from the federal lawmakers? The president must do the needful by honouring the summon.

Do you think the ordeal of Senator Dino Melaye is politically motivated?

It could be a little bit politically motivated or otherwise. But, from the outside look of things, these issues of Dino and Benue killings have reduced the international image of Nigeria to ground zero. How could you order a senior citizen of the position of a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to sit on the ground and the world press were collecting his footage to be showed worldwide by the media? So apt! It i a grand mess to our collective image. It is a red signal to prospective investors that the President is going round the world to invite and come and invest. If a Senator commits a crime, there is due process the government can follow. One question in my mind is: Why does the Federal Government not respect court orders? But, the executive, which is the Presidency, wants Nigerians to respect its own court orders and injunctions.

Do you see former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Third Force making any impact in 2019?

I doubt it. Nigerians have seen a lot of mergers and formations by many Forms Of Third Force. As For Me, I Do Not Think Nigerians Need Third Force today. We should build on the two major parties to make them a class for other Africa countries to copy.

Former president, Atiku Abubakar said he would restructure Nigeria within six months if elected president. Do you think this is achievable?

It is absolutely correct and perfectly in order. There are no two ways about it. Atiku, the Waziri Adamawa, is a dynamic one-stop shop investment icon, who could turn things around within 90 days of his swearing in as President of our great country.

If you are privileged to have a close interaction or one-on-one chat with the Waziri himself, you will understand what I mean. He has got the stuff, a born capitalist investor, an economic manager per excellence, etc., well respected in the global economy circle in the west and Middle East, which includes parts of the fast growing Asia giants. The name Atiku is a brand for investment perfection and also a seasoned administrator.

You once predicted a massive movement of APC leaders to PDP in February. Are you disappointed that did not happen?

Not at all! You know, when it comes to the issues of elected officers crossing to another party, it is not a free go issue. It is all about give and take. They have their various interests to protect as they are crossing over to PDP in various states of the federation. Some are negotiating with the various state leaders of PDP and the governors, as the case may be. You know, most governors in APC who are about to cross, will like to swallow the party’s structures as they are coming to PDP. It is give and take from both sides of the coin.

Read more https://independent.ng/if-elected-president-atiku-will-transform-nigeria-in-90-days-onuesoke/
transform his pockets better
Re: If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says by judedave181: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
Sugar coated mouth. Pdp and APC are just misfortune for this country.

1 Like

Re: If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says by oganology33(m): 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2018
These are the kind of ppl we shld be afraid of. They have evil plans if Atiku becomes Pres.
Tam-David West Brother.
Re: If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says by thesicilian: 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
Deja Vu
Re: If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says by bisi16(m): 4:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
Animal talk..
Re: If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says by Okoroawusa: 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2018
na today?
Re: If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says by otokx(m): 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
Is that not what they said of Buhari?
Re: If Elected President, Atiku Will Transform Nigeria In 90 Days, PDP Leader Says by LordAdam16: 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
Onuesoke you better respect yourself and stop this nonsense!

-Lord

(1) (Reply)

Is Magu Working For PMB?:What's Wrong With These Pics Of EFCC Boss Ibrahim Magu? / Senator Omo Agege Congratulated By UPU President. / Ig’s Trending Video: Journalist Goes Into Hiding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.