Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos (31487 Views)

US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria / Ned Nwoko And Team Land In Asaba In 3 Private Jets (Photos) / US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by buhariguy(m): 8:56am On Apr 30, 2018
freeze001:

In 2020. Between now and then what happens?
nothing,

OK, what happened BTW 2016 and 2018.

Technically defeated
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by MidasTouche01(m): 8:56am On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:
There is something I have noticed from Nigerians in Diaspora, and i really dont know how this can be checked. They get majority of their news from social media, facebook in particular. I can boldly tell you that many of them are ill informed and are super ignorant of the real happenings in Nigeria.

I have gotten into serious argument with many, tje lastest one is Buhari approved money for presidential jet.
I have tried all my best to say no, its for 12 super Tucano fighter jets, but they still wouldnt have any of it. Despitr telling them the US confirmed payment directly to their treasury account, they keep shouting is election money.
I support the government in regulating social media cps too many lies and false news come from there, unfortuantely, even educated people fall for it.

Seriously this is sad, those that claimed to be learned fall victim of this, someone will be telling u something happened and u will ask where he saw the news he will answer "facebook" and I will be like "Is facebook a news outlet? "

No matter what u say, they won't listen angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by ukejejohnson(m): 8:59am On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You don't know anything about the A 29 more than I do so just keep quiet , I will school you about that aircraft from airframe to avionics if you wake me up from sleep so take your ignorance away and fave the question ... Buhari said he is in hurry to defeat Boko Haram and that is why he made the illegal payment without recourse to or laws

Why in hurry to break Nigerian laws so you can defeat and enemy you already say is defeated ?

By 2020 when the first A29 will arrive we willl arrive Buhari will no longer be president so what's the hurry ?

Will the American ever break their laws to meet a deadline from another country? Hell No

Were our laws broken By Buhari or not ?

Stop defending nonsense please

Unfortunately you met a witty dude this time so take your smart ass else where.

Tell me the difference between airframe and avionics? Dunce like you. One can be complete without the other fool. So in other words there's no Airframe without Avionics because it deals with structure and function .

You can't educate me ,so there's no need waking your ignorant ass from sleep to explain shit. Sleep till eternity crents .

Back to the main reason why you need some education. A 29 is not a product of produce and wait for customers to come buy ok.

You make order and it takes years.

Stop following along with any news you hear. PMB didn't say anything about been in haste. This same issue about purchasing a tucano has been on since September last year. Then the US Secretary of state met with this same legislators to talk about it. They were on reces according to Senate president but they had to come back to work bcuz of it. We need that freaking jet for our insurgency. They agreed on it, even with ample time yet they still don't have time to appropriate?

With all I just explain to you now if you were the president that a country responsibilities lays on would you wait for recourse?

Tell your dullarded self the truth.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Dee2976: 9:03am On Apr 30, 2018
Patrinus:
F35A jsf is one of the most modern jet fighter, it goes for 95 million dollars, what will it cost us to procure something like that and even if we intend to cut cost, why not go for F15 of F16? This plane will probably not be supported soon, that is spare parts will be obsolete and unobtainable yet one idiot is quoting me saying he doesn't understand why I can't be appreciative since Nigeria does not produce spoke

Is this not why Buhari called youths lazy? Even in thought, we are lazy! Always swallowing everything thrown at us hook line and sinker! Singing praises of government building bridges and road, something that is your basic right!

Nigerian youth! Rethink and start asking the right questions, it doesn't matter which political party holds sway! HOLD YOUR PUBLIC SERVANTS ACCOUNTABLE!!! angry angry angry

Well said. Some people just refuse to learn. Tucano came just after ww2. Which war are you going to win with a tucano? Please go and Google African countries serious about winning wars and see the kind of jets they have in their arsenal. To even mention tucano and even deliberate about it in the national assembly is a national embarrassment. Why are we this backward?

1 Like

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by SalamRushdie: 9:10am On Apr 30, 2018
ukejejohnson:

Unfortunately you met a witty dude this time so take your smart ass else where.

Tell me the difference between airframe and avionics? Dunce like you. One can be complete without the other fool. So in other words there's no Airframe without Avionics because it deals with structure and function .

You can't educate me ,so there's no need waking your ignorant ass from sleep to explain shit. Sleep till eternity crents .

Back to the main reason why you need some education. A 29 is not a product of produce and wait for customers to come buy ok.

You make order and it takes years.

Stop following along with any news you hear. PMB didn't say anything about been in haste. This same issue about purchasing a tucano has been on since September last year. Then the US Secretary of state met with this same legislators to talk about it. They were on reces according to Senate president but they had to come back to work bcuz of it. We need that freaking jet for our insurgency. They agreed on it, even with ample time yet they still don't have time to appropriate?

With all I just explain to you now if you were the president that a country responsibilities lays on would you wait for recourse?

Tell your dullarded self the truth.

Tozo I never asked you the difference between an airframe and avionics , indeed I will school you about the A29 from Airframe to avionics ( can you lagging brain now see the difference ?

And for your info there is no military or commercial aircraft that can be bought of the shelf as the have to be made to an order and every person on earth knows that so you silly shallow beer parlour argument of " it's not available on the shelf" holds no water ... Your stupid mentor Buhari broke our laws by stealing money govt coffers ( yes that's what it is) and no silly excuse can justify that ... Well the average IQ required to support a flea brained idiot like Buhari is 50 and below so I know where your intelligence starved brain is coming form .. Peace and stay out Of trouble

1 Like

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Patrinus: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2018
rusher14:
I honestly dislike people of a nation that cannot even make the spokes of a bicycle belittling technology far more advanced than their aptitude

Going by what you've so far displayed in terms of aptitude, not only are you lazy but epitomizes stupidity as well.

Go to Lockheed Martin, NASA and everything relating to modern avionics, Nigerians are working there, breaking boundaries. Why can't your leaders set up enabling environment to establish all these industries here and stop the massive brain drain to other countries? You know why? It because they know gullible lot like yourself would always appreciate them for buying outdated surveillance plane and calling it a jet fighter.

Before you retort with your dimwitted vituperation ask yourself, are you adding value to your life presently, since your so called leaders obviously won't do that for you. As you see me so, na time off I dey from work, my salary for the month has entered my account, my pension account keeps swelling, we can go at this all day everyday, but what's the point? You too lazy to even activate ur thought process!

1 Like

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Viktor1983(m): 9:14am On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:
There is something I have noticed from Nigerians in Diaspora, and i really dont know how this can be checked. They get majority of their news from social media, facebook in particular. I can boldly tell you that many of them are ill informed and are super ignorant of the real happenings in Nigeria.

I have gotten into serious argument with many, tje lastest one is Buhari approved money for presidential jet.
I have tried all my best to say no, its for 12 super Tucano fighter jets, but they still wouldnt have any of it. Despitr telling them the US confirmed payment directly to their treasury account, they keep shouting is election money.
I support the government in regulating social media cps too many lies and false news come from there, unfortuantely, even educated people fall for it.

How much are they paying you? Sai baba Voltron
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by persius555(m): 9:16am On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You don't know anything about the A 29 more than I do so just keep quiet , I will school you about that aircraft from airframe to avionics if you wake me up from sleep so take your ignorance away and fave the question ... Buhari said he is in hurry to defeat Boko Haram and that is why he made the illegal payment without recourse to or laws

Why in hurry to break Nigerian laws so you can defeat and enemy you already say is defeated ?

By 2020 when the first A29 will arrive we willl arrive Buhari will no longer be president so what's the hurry ?

Will the American ever break their laws to meet a deadline from another country? Hell No

Good. The question i ask is why wait for two years to acquire aircraft that will batter a group that you have declared as technically defeated.
Obviously, this government is telling us they still expect boko haram to be potent in the next two years.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by freeze001(f): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2018
buhariguy:
nothing,

OK, what happened BTW 2016 and 2018.

Technically defeated

Technically defeated yet they are spending more money than ever before? Indeed!

1 Like

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by tunary(m): 9:19am On Apr 30, 2018
F35 would have done a better job than this fg have got the cash
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Dee2976: 9:19am On Apr 30, 2018
rusher14:

But the US just bought same for Afghanistan.

Yes but Afghanistan isn't paying for it. A gift is a gift but if they had their own money, they will never consider a tucano. No nation serious about winning wars will go to the battle field in a tucano. Your enemies will use you for target practice. Please Google what our African neighbor like Ethiopia and even Algeria are using. Please don't Google Egypt or south Africa ooh. You don't want to go there.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by ukejejohnson(m): 9:19am On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Tozo I never asked you the difference between an airframe and avionics , indeed I will school you about the A29 from Airframe to avionics ( can you lagging brain now see the difference ?

And for your info there is no military or commercial aircraft that can be bought of the shelf as the have to be made to an order and every person on earth knows that so you silly shallow beer parlour argument of " it's not available on the shelf" holds no water ... Your stupid mentor Buhari broke our laws by stealing money govt coffers ( yes that's what it is) and no silly excuse can justify that ... Well the average IQ required to support a flea brained idiot like Buhari is 50 and below so I know where your intelligence starved brain is coming form .. Peace and stay out Of trouble

Always ranting grin most you rant ? Can't you just use your God blessing brain and be smart .

Anyway stay out of trouble grin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by lexy2014: 9:20am On Apr 30, 2018
deji17:

The military will continue to put in their best based on the current equipment and ammunition at their disposal. You've got a better idea?
then y d noise about buying jet if they knew they had "current equipment and ammunition at their disposal"?
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by uloewa: 9:27am On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:

PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK WHERE THE US CONFIRMED RECEIPT OF THE MONEY INTO THEIR ACCOUNT OR DELETE ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND MOVE TO THE CHURCH OR MOSQUE FOR DELIVERANCE.
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by rusher14: 9:29am On Apr 30, 2018
Patrinus:

Going by what you've so far displayed in terms of aptitude, not only are you lazy but epitomizes stupidity as well.

Go to Lockheed Martin, NASA and everything relating to modern avionics, Nigerians are working there, breaking boundaries. Why can't your leaders set up enabling environment to establish all these industries here and stop the massive brain drain to other countries? You know why? It because they know gullible lot like yourself would always appreciate them for buying outdated surveillance plane and calling it a jet fighter.

Before you retort with your dimwitted vituperation ask yourself, are you adding value to your life presently, since your so called leaders obviously won't do that for you. As you see me so, na time off I dey from work, my salary for the month has entered my account, my pension account keeps swelling, we can go at this all day everyday, but what's the point? You too lazy to even activate ur thought process!

Are you done?

Why many of you keep thinking you are better off than those who have a different opinion or perspective on matters is mind boggling.

Nigeria does not produce even bicycles and you are here talking about Lockheed Martin as if such corporations invented themselves.

Stop excusing the primitive nature of the Nigerian mind.

The government is a microcosm of our general society.

The USA just bought the same airplanes and nobody would sell us F15s at least common sense should tell you that.

Modified:
I'm not here to blow my trumpet and please let's not go there because you would definitely go into hiding.
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by ehinmowo: 9:30am On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:

If govt control social media, the demerits will surpass it merits
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by uloewa: 9:31am On Apr 30, 2018
ukejejohnson:

Always ranting grin most you rant ? Can't you just use your God blessing brain and be smart .

Anyway stay out of trouble grin.

And you stylishly ran away from debating the issues. I like your style
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Chetimah(m): 9:34am On Apr 30, 2018
Sall:
How many of the aircraft is Nigeria ordering for.
do u just came back from Pluto or Jupiter,that you don't knownow if someone tells you any number now,naa that one you go dey use arguing in your STREET today as if u no everything..
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Bbdot(m): 9:40am On Apr 30, 2018
[quote author=SalamRushdie post=67147123]

[

Your eyes go clear when buhari win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Chetimah(m): 9:49am On Apr 30, 2018
FreddyKruger:
These dumb training jets is what the dull one in asorock had to skip protocol just to make payment for an order that will be supplied to the country in the next 2yrs (2020) and a frustrated apc zombie above is there gesticulating like a ruffled epilpesy patient trying to explain the foolishness he was programmed to type about a transaction he doesn't have brains equipped to understand. What a fraudulent, corrupt government.
do you have answer to his questions,1).he said the SENATE'S IS YET TO PASS THE BUDGET FOR 2018?? IS IT TRUE(1)if is true or false WHY??(2)HE SAID THE U.S. GOVERNMENT GAVE NIGERIA GOVERNMENT A DEADLINE FOR THE PAYMENT TRUE OR FALSE (3)AS THE GOVERNMENT DID ANYTHING WRONG IN PAYING FOR THE FIGHTERS JET??BECAUSE WE SEE EVERY DAY HOW PEOPLE BEEN KILLED AND BEFORE THE SECURITIES AGENT COULD GET TO THE SCENES ALL THE PERPETRATORS WOULD RAN TO THE FORREST,DO WE NEED THIS JETS TO TRACK THEM AND FOR OUR PEOPLE TO HAVE REST OF MIND IN THEIR HOMES??SO SIR OR MAN BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT OTHERS OPINIONS TRY FIRST TO ANSWER THEIR QUESTIONS..YOU CAN ARGUE WITH YOUR DATA..AM IN MY HOUSE COME AND BEAT ME...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Patrinus: 9:50am On Apr 30, 2018
rusher14:

Are you done?

Why many of you keep thinking you are better off than those who have a different opinion or perspective on matters is mind boggling.

Nigeria does not produce even bicycles and you are here talking about Lockheed Martin as if such corporations invented themselves.

Stop excusing the primitive nature of the Nigerian mind.

The government is a microcosm of our general society.

The USA just bought the same airplanes and nobody would sell us F15s at least common sense should tell you that.

Modified:
I'm not here to blow my trumpet and please let's not go there because you would definitely go into hiding.

Ayam not done! grin grin grin

I never said I am better of than you, if that's the way you feel, it's your entitlement! It flatters me.

The question is why is Nigeria not producing bicycles? Get back to me on that when you done enslaving your mind to mediocrity!

I really do not understand what is primitive about holding leaders accountable!

The Government is mirror of the society, that means at best the average Nigerian is mediocre but Harvard, Yale and other Ivy League schools keep churning out outstanding students from Nigeria, Philip Emegwali is still celebrated for his input in the computer world, I can go on and on and on... Until we start asking the right questions and stop allowing sentiment to cloud our judgement, this country is truly going to be shit hole.

Why would anyone sell you F15's if you can manufacture something better? Lemmie give u a little lesson in history....South Africa mentioned in the 60's they were going into nuclear research and the world ignored them, Nigeria's Shagari said same thing and the world took notice. UK, US and the likes urging Nigeria not to tow that part. South Africa was ignored cos the world knew back then they probably won't see it through, Nigeria on the other hand always delivers as promised back then. Ask yourself, what has changed why do we cough and nobody listens no more, when only our sneezing was enough to send ripples around the world before now.
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by mperoakeem(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2018
guttentag:
and they are buying the Jet for 2019 election
So any polling unit that didn't favor buhari will be bombard
I swear Nigerians are in Hot Soup
sorry, do you even read the post or you're just been sarcastic
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by BadBradley: 9:54am On Apr 30, 2018
agabusta:

Defence decisions are taken strategically not by emotions gotten from movies.

Based on cost and other factors, the Tucanos are strategically more important to Nigeria at this time.

The plane is especially good for training and security, surveillance, reconnaissance and counter-insurgency missions.

The armaments the plane carries are quite impressive.

The plane will be a good economic/strategic choice to patrol the vast areas of land in the NE with very modern offensive weapons.

What do you think is the cost of blazing an F15 or F16 to fight an imaginary enemy? Are they not primarily for aerial combat? Are we planning to combat boko haram in the air or from the air? you lots will just be throwing words carelessly up and down.

F15 or 16 isn't primarily for aerial combat. There's what they call stealth or invisibility.

Judging from the list of countries using this tucano fighter jets, it appears it is third rated junk. Ghana, Burkina Faso, Mali etc. Ghana's economy is 42 billion dollars and she is very peaceful with no internal or external unrest.

So if Ghana with a laughable economy and relatively peaceful is purchasing these tacunas, Nigeria battling with insurgency and terrorists for over 20 years with an economy of over 500 billion dollars shouldn't do better? I think not.

This the only time we can upgrade our military to be the best. Limiting our purchases to only the objective of defeating Boko haram is naive.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by bid4rich(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2018
I pray its not part of the one they will use to wipe out a community in north central. When it happens I pray they will not also call it accidental discharge......

Just saying though
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by rusher14: 9:57am On Apr 30, 2018
Patrinus:

Ayam not done! grin grin grin

I never said I am better of than you, if that's the way you feel, it's your entitlement! It flatters me.

The question is why is Nigeria not producing bicycles? Get back to me on that when you done enslaving your mind to mediocrity!

I really do not understand what is primitive about holding leaders accountable!

The Government is mirror of the society, that means at best the average Nigerian is mediocre but Harvard, Yale and other Ivy League schools keep churning out outstanding students from Nigeria, Philip Emegwali is still celebrated for his input in the computer world, I can go on and on and on... Until we start asking the right questions and stop allowing sentiment to cloud our judgement, this country is truly going to be shit hole.

Why would anyone sell you F15's if you can manufacture something better? Lemmie give u a little lesson in history....South Africa mentioned in the 60's they were going into nuclear research and the world ignored them, Nigeria's Shagari said same thing and the world took notice. UK, US and the likes urging Nigeria not to tow that part. South Africa was ignored cos the world knew back then they probably won't see it through, Nigeria on the other hand always delivers as promised back then. Ask yourself, what has changed why do we cough and nobody listens no more, when only our sneezing was enough to send ripples around the world before now.

The same eggheads you talk about come back as leaders and loot, avoid investing in infrastructure or industries - low , mid or high tech.

Stop trying to make geniuses to always be honest or keen on development of their society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Krucifax(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:

With all due respect my friend you are very very ill informed and you are part of the problem of Nigeria.
I just want to enlighten you with two points.
Point 1. Section 50 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria expressly forbids the authorization or withdrawal of such sums of money without the input of the National Assembly.
This means President Buhari has broken the law and breached the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Point 2. The ST fighter planes in question cost a maximum of between $9 - 14 Million dollars per unit. The FG claimes they are buying between 10 and 12 units. I am sure you have a calculator. Please tell us how $14 Million x 10 or 12 equals to $495-496 Million dollars! Even factoring in kitting, maintenance,delivery and logistics the figures come no where close to what Mr President withdrew.
This is abuse of power and position. It is also corruption of the highest order and that is why Mr President and his cronies illegally bypassed the National Assembly to get the money.
Nigeria is a disgrace and people like you without facts should not be making comments as you are part of the problem confusing others that don't know the truth!
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by ikdaddy01(m): 10:02am On Apr 30, 2018
AutoReportNG:
See more pictures, training and videos here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/04/a-review-of-a29-super-tucano-fighter.html

Watch the video here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pEq1GldklA

Who still flies airplane with front rotor blades
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Patrinus: 10:03am On Apr 30, 2018
rusher14:

The same eggheads you talk about come back as leaders and loot, avoid investing in infrastructure or industries - low , mid or high tech.

Stop trying to make geniuses to always be honest or keen on development of their society.

If they get away with it, it's simply because the populace allow them.

We need to stop glorifying leaders who buy obsolete stuff and start making them accountable!

Or you don't intend for the corruption to stop

Please blow your trumpet you are free to. I only ask you to ensure you adding value to yourself cos your government doesn't seem to care.
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by rickyrex(m): 10:05am On Apr 30, 2018
Are we fighting war? Hope this man is not using our money to buy weapon to be used against us
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by authority2006(m): 10:19am On Apr 30, 2018
sorom4:
You are one of the persons OBJ is talking about. Irredeemable!!!

The only irredeemable I see here is you. Still following Obj around like a goat kid who lost his mother. The same Obj who endorsed Yaradua, Jonathan and Buhari. Who still take him seriously these days? The irredeemable like you.
Buhari has paid for those fighter jets, end of story.
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 30, 2018
[s]
Chetimah:
do you have answer to his questions,1).he said the SENATE'S IS YET TO PASS THE BUDGET FOR 2018?? IS IT TRUE(1)if is true or false WHY??(2)HE SAID THE U.S. GOVERNMENT GAVE NIGERIA GOVERNMENT A DEADLINE FOR THE PAYMENT TRUE OR FALSE (3)AS THE GOVERNMENT DID ANYTHING WRONG IN PAYING FOR THE FIGHTERS JET??BECAUSE WE SEE EVERY DAY HOW PEOPLE BEEN KILLED AND BEFORE THE SECURITIES AGENT COULD GET TO THE SCENES ALL THE PERPETRATORS WOULD RAN TO THE FORREST,DO WE NEED THIS JETS TO TRACK THEM AND FOR OUR PEOPLE TO HAVE REST OF MIND IN THEIR HOMES??SO SIR OR MAN BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT OTHERS OPINIONS TRY FIRST TO ANSWER THEIR QUESTIONS..YOU CAN ARGUE WITH YOUR DATA..AM IN MY HOUSE COME AND BEAT ME...
[/s]
Why rush to pay for an aircraft whose delivery to the country is 2 years from now. And why would a 2 year upfront transaction have a deadline? Why should your government which claims to fight corruption withdraw funds from the ECA without notifying the legislature? Don't you know that's corruption and high handedness which is an impeachable offence on the executive arm? As for the rest of the questions, i didn't care to answer because they are irrelevant to the discourse. I won't beat you...your ignorance is having a toll on you already.
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by scully95: 10:28am On Apr 30, 2018
[s]
AutoReportNG:
In recent times, President Buhari has come under fire from different quarters over various issues one of which is his approval of the withdrawal of about $496million from the excess crude account. While some members of the National assembly have called for his impeachment, his media aide has tried to justify this action with claims that the President's actions were in most part due to the deadline from the US government.

AutoReportNG decided to review the A29 Super Tucano fighter jet for which this money was approved and what makes it so special as to warrant the President breaking protocols to ensure the country purchases them. The review will amaze you.

Overview

As fighters become more complex, the need for highly effective trainer aircraft is on the rise. Embraer’s Super Tucano - a single-engine, stepped-tandem, multi-purpose military turboprop - delivers both training and operational effectiveness at low acquisition and operating costs. It offers advanced solutions for basic to early advanced and weapons familiarization training, such as in-flight virtual training, and also provides the superb operational characteristics required for successful internal security operation support and counter-insurgency (COIN) missions.

The plane is manufactured by Embraer S.A. (EMBR3.SA), a Brazilian aerospace conglomerate. A second production line is in Florida, in a partnership between the privately-held, U.S.-based Sierra Nevada Corp. of Sparks, Nev., and Embraer.

More than 200 Super Tucanos are operated by 10 nations, according to Embraer. The plane is used for training and security, surveillance, reconnaissance and counter-insurgency missions.

The plane can carry a wide array of armaments, including precision-guided munitions, is equipped with advanced avionics, communications, and sensors and can operate from remote, unpaved airstrips.

It has a maximum speed of 590 km per hour (367 mph) and a flight ceiling of 35,000 feet (6.6 miles).

Militaries in Afghanistan, Angola, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Chile, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Indonesia and Mauritania fly the Super Tucano. Guatemala, Senegal, Ghana, Mali, and Lebanon have ordered the aircraft, according to Embraer.

The Super Tucano costs more than $10 million each and the price can go much higher depending on the configuration. It is powered by a Pratt & Whitney (UTX.N) Canada PT 6 engine. Embraer declined to comment on the unit costs.

Weapons

The aircraft is fitted with two central mission computers. The integrated weapon system includes software for weapon aiming, weapon management, mission planning and mission rehearsal. The onboard recording is used for post-mission analysis.

The aircraft has five hardpoints for carrying weapons and is capable of carrying a maximum external load of 1,500kg. The aircraft is armed with two wing-mounted 12.7mm machine guns with a rate of fire of 1,100 rounds a minute and is capable of carrying general-purpose bombs and guided air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles. Brazilian AF aircraft are armed with the MAA-1 Piranha short-range infrared guided air-to-air missile from Orbita.

Navigation

The aircraft is equipped with an advanced laser inertial navigation and attack system, a global positioning system (GPS) and a traffic alerting and collision avoidance system (TCAS).

Engine

The EMB-314 Super Tucano is powered by a PT6A-68A turboprop engine, developing 969kW. The power plant is fitted with automatic engine monitoring and control. The ALX aircraft has a more powerful engine than the EMB-314.

Performance of Super Tucano

The EMB-314 can fly at the rate of 24m/s. The maximum and cruise speed of the aircraft are 530km/h and 593km/h respectively. The range and service ceiling of the Super Tucano are 4,820km and 10,670m respectively. Its maximum endurance is six hours and 30 minutes. The aircraft weighs 3,020kg and has a maximum take-off weight of 5,200kg.

Aircraft Specs

Crew: One pilot on single-seat version, one pilot plus one navigator/student on double-seat version
G-limits: +7/-3.5
Max level speed: 320 Knots Indicated Air Speed (KIAS)
Cruise speed: 281 KIAS
Stall speed: 83 Knots Calibrated Air Speed (KCAS)
Service ceiling: 35,000 ft
Max Takeoff Weight: 11,904 lb
External payload: 3,420 lb
Internal fuel: 171 gal (1,121 lb)
External fuel: Up to 245 gal (1,606 lb)
Endurance (internal fuel): 2.6 hours
Endurance (full external fuel): 7.1 hours
Ferry range (internal fuel): 450 nm
Ferry range (full external fuel): 1,562 nm

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/04/a-review-of-a29-super-tucano-fighter.html

[/s]
How can you even call this thing that looks like jet made since first world war a Super anything ? It looks like drone self, something that can be shot down with RPG.. You heard, RPG will shoot this thing down. RPG is anti-tank weapon but if you point it at this thing, it will destroy it 100% bet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ope Sowore To Buhari: 'My Children And I Want My Husband Back Home' / "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega / Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.