Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. (29474 Views)

Have You Seen This Innoson IVM 6857 Bus Before? (photos) / Design And Features Of The IVM G40 Presented To Mercy, Winner Of BBNaija / Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
PAQ:
Nice simple write up. But bliv me, pray never to b caught in an accident in any IVM car. A company that has no crash test reports after years of producing cars. Wat standards or quality control does IVM follow, what r d emission test? Ignorance is Nigerians biggest problem.

I am not beefing Made/ Assembled in Nigeria, but we need to ask d right questions some times.

If anyone has a crash test video of IVM vehicles, emission testing results, quality control tests please enlighten me.

And those ones that have the crash test ,I can see how they disappear into thin air before an accident.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by 400billionman: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
diportivo:

a 15 year old car will never perform on the same level with a 2-3 year old car

even if you have been replacing defective parts with OEM new parts since you bought it,the regular wear and tear will have taken its toll

the same car,compared to its American/European counterparts bought the same year won't still measure up

I'm not arguing with u,heck, don't even own a car,but claiming a car used in Nigeria for 14 years and more shld be compared to one bought new for less than 2 years is very funny
You don't even own a car and you are screaming on the thread So far a vehicle chassis and Engine are in top shape a TEN year old vehicle with TOP maintenance will compete with a brand new one

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by diportivo: 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
400billionman:
You don't even own a car and you are screaming on the thread So far a vehicle chassis and Engine are in top shape a TEN year old vehicle with TOP maintenance will compete with a brand new one

I will leave u to bask in the euphoria of u finding this newsflash

obekediamondfuto,someone from celebrities section just discovered something about me,and about car maintenance generally

and has decided to give his press conference grin

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by ozimec(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sunymoore:
So your boy wanted to hit Damaturu, Yobe State capital, yesterday.. I went to the park and I was shown where the vehicles going to Damaturu were.. Two vehicles were parked, a Sharon and 'Hiace hummer'. The Sharon guy was trying to convince me that, Sharon is fast, fills up quickly and balanced and Hiace guy told me the huge bags I carried along will not be charged, if I board his car. So naturally, I hopped into the Hiace and save #500..
The journey began and it was so smooth.. I looked into the car and saw balanced sit, balanced leg space and decent interior, I said to my self, Toyota really upgraded, 'may be na 2017 model we dey drive sef'.. I determined the speed of the vehicle using GPS and it was within 120-140 KM/H, what prompted me to check the speed was how we were busy dusting similar vehicles and even one Lexus Lx 450 ..
Overall, the car was stable, and the journey was smooth.. After hitting the state capital, I signaled the driver to drop me, which he did, when I was about getting my stuff from the vehicle, I saw IVM and made in Nigeria tag on car.. I was so amaze and felt proud as a black man.. I then got my stuffs and took my way..

Nigeria with 80Giga watts will surely see industrialization in our life time.

Favourable economic policies will encourage the likes IVM to triumph

Buy Naija to grow naija.. Enough said..

This should be the first.. Elect good leaders people...

Nigerians will never value IVM because is made in NiGERIA but will rather go for cars like JAC and Co. I usually tell people how rugged IVM is.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by dangermouse(m): 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sanchez01:

Without a doubt, your car must be those without pedigree or that it is fast diminishing. I understand your campaign but we both know this part of your claim is exaggerated.

I believe you won't choose the most expensive IVM vehicle in Nigeria if a choice is put before you to choose between it and a classy Mercedes or a BMW car.

Buying a vehicle has gone beyound brand. Its about the specifications that meets ones needs when choosing a car.
Yes I will choose qn IVM car that meets my specs above anyother car you can imagine.
Car manufacturers world wide, especially the Asians,knows this and are cashing in on it to make huge sales. This is 2018 .brand does not fly anymore

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by jibs4lv(m): 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2018
sultaan:
Mod , abeg ban OP.

He broke the rules, this thread should be in the fiction and literature section, not cartalk this kind post is acceptable in romance section self .

Doing 90mph on Nigerian road is suicidal imho
If you believe that poo , you can actually believe any fabricated news tongue

just advert in style
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Sunymoore(m): 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
Butoneday2:
Honestly Many people will not like this story. As for u my guy, as u go in peace so shall u come back in peace. cool
Thanks bro. I'm grateful.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Coolbriz01(m): 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sunymoore:

Da fuk you're saying? Just because where you reside is covered with death traps doesn't mean everywhere in Nigeria is the same..
FYI, Kano to Damaturu federal road is dual lane express road, so smooth you can actually do 200KM/H on...
No mind am

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by sonnie10: 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
PAQ:
Nice simple write up. But bliv me, pray never to b caught in an accident in any IVM car. A company that has no crash test reports after years of producing cars. Wat standards or quality control does IVM follow, what r d emission test? Ignorance is Nigerians biggest problem.

I am not beefing Made/ Assembled in Nigeria, but we need to ask d right questions some times.

If anyone has a crash test video of IVM vehicles, emission testing results, quality control tests please enlighten me.

Which organization would conduct those tests you listed in Nigeria? Not that there is an agency like the NHIS in Nigeria.
Your concerns bring us back to the basic question, does Nigeria have functional institutions?
It is not IVM's position to build this testing and regulatory agency. The company cannot be an umpire in their game. It's the job of the government to regulate businesses.

The only agency that is the position to conduct such safety standard tests in Nigeria is SONCAP. But there is nowhere you would say that IVM vehicles are not SON certified.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
diportivo:

I will leave u to bask in the euphoria of u finding this newsflash

obekediamondfuto,someone from celebrities section just discovered something about me,and about car maintenance generally

and has decided to give his press conference grin

pity him, for he knoweth not what he doeth.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
400billionman:

@ least u for checkout the guys moniker first na......

when he says he doesn't own a car, emphasis is on "A" car..... he has owned many

do not be so naive in your ignorance..... it's not healthy
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:

Which organization would conduct those tests you listed in Nigeria? Not that there is an agency like the NHIS in Nigeria.
Your concerns bring us back to the basic question, does Nigeria have functional institutions?
It is not IVM's position to build this testing and regulatory agency. The company cannot be an umpire in their game. It's the job of the government to regulate businesses.

The only agency that is the position to conduct such safety standard tests in Nigeria is SONCAP. But there is nowhere you would say that IVM vehicles are not SON certified.

so is that a genuine excuse?

no na, they can invite those organizations to find a subtle way to inspect their vehicles and carry out those tests. it's simple....
they don't need be in Nigeria to carry out tests on a vehicle....

all they need is a sample...... is that simple!!
also they need to employ certified and licensed quality control and assurance officers to make sure quality is not compromised, and sample will now deviate greatly from end products

it's that simple.... but in this case they will do neither till it becomes a necessity.

do not be in a haste to be sentimental, the foundation of the economy is terrible so its nearly impossible to have pawpaw from an orange tree except a miracle happens.

if they conduct those tests on these ivm vehicles I'm sure everyone here knows the probable outcome.

they have been in the biz for how long and yet we no dey see the 2nd for sale anywhere @ least from those who were forced to use it originally

that should speak volumes.
I will personally use their vehicles if they can provide assurance of safety, durability, reliability, fuel economy and affordability.... shikena
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by PtitLapin(f): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
Why are people crying all over this thread? I don't get it. Same people bitching about IVM will say that Nigeria doesn't produce anything, same people will bitch that Nigeria is underdeveloped, same people will complain that there are no jobs in Nigeria, same people will spend millions importing cars and then whine and complain when customs is demanding for more money... whining and bitching ad nauseam. If all you are going to do is sit on your behinds, twiddle your thumbs and dole out criticism, then you don't deserve any of the things you are asking for. If all you do is bitch and whine, you deserve a shitty Nigeria. Build your own car (in a country like Nigeria, where every freaking thing is an obstacle to innovation) or at least buy and test an IVM car and then I will listen to your critique. Freaking tired of the crabs in a barrel attitude that black people have. How many of the people crying in this thread have actually bought or driven IVM? Jeez.

As for me, I support any product compiled, designed, cooked, fried, assembled, created, authored and made in Nigeria. And if it is shitty I will give a constructive review, which the company may or may not take into consideration. Key word here is constructive. If IVM succeeds, we all succeed. It's a win for Nigeria. Standards can only improve if we first create things, try them, review them and then demand for improvements. But no, you guys want to wake up and be Japan. It doesn't work like that. Your favorite German and Japanese automobiles still have major automobile recalls due to automobile defects so I don't get this extremely judgmental attitude towards IVM, IVM was born only a few years ago.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by sonnie10: 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

so is that a genuine excuse?

no na, they can invite those organizations to find a subtle way to inspect their vehicles and carry out those tests. it's simple....
they don't need be in Nigeria to carry out tests on a vehicle....

all they need is a sample...... is that simple!!
also they need to employ certified and licensed quality control and assurance officers to make sure quality is not compromised, and sample will now deviate greatly from end products

it's that simple.... but in this case they will do neither till it becomes a necessity.

do not be in a haste to be sentimental, the foundation of the economy is terrible so its nearly impossible to have pawpaw from an orange tree except a miracle happens.

if they conduct those tests on these ivm vehicles I'm sure everyone here knows the probable outcome.

they have been in the biz for how long and yet we no dey see the 2nd for sale anywhere @ least from those who were forced to use it originally

that should speak volumes.
I will personally use their vehicles if they can provide assurance of safety, durability, reliability, fuel economy and affordability.... shikena

Are you implying that you do not trust Standard Organization of Nigeria and their safety certification?
Asking IVM to build a safety compliance unit is like asking a pharmacy company to establish its own NAFDAC. They cannot be the judge on their own case.
Moreover IVM cannot invite experts to come over because the physical structure is not there. It is not the company's responsibility to build one.
Finally, sending a sample outside might not be practically feasible because of laws relating to technology transfer in those countries.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by toprealman: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sunymoore:
So your boy wanted to hit Damaturu, Yobe State capital, yesterday.. I went to the park and I was shown where the vehicles going to Damaturu were.. Two vehicles were parked, a Sharon and 'Hiace hummer'. The Sharon guy was trying to convince me that, Sharon is fast, fills up quickly and balanced and Hiace guy told me the huge bags I carried along will not be charged, if I board his car. So naturally, I hopped into the Hiace and save #500..
The journey began and it was so smooth.. I looked into the car and saw balanced sit, balanced leg space and decent interior, I said to my self, Toyota really upgraded, 'may be na 2017 model we dey drive sef'.. I determined the speed of the vehicle using GPS and it was within 120-140 KM/H, what prompted me to check the speed was how we were busy dusting similar vehicles and even one Lexus Lx 450 ..
Overall, the car was stable, and the journey was smooth.. After hitting the state capital, I signaled the driver to drop me, which he did, when I was about getting my stuff from the vehicle, I saw IVM and made in Nigeria tag on car.. I was so amaze and felt proud as a black man.. I then got my stuffs and took my way..

Nigeria with 80Giga watts will surely see industrialization in our life time.

Favourable economic policies will encourage the likes IVM to triumph

Buy Naija to grow naija.. Enough said..

This should be the first.. Elect good leaders people...

130/140 kmh......bros safety first!
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:

Are you implying that you do not trust Standard Organization of Nigeria and their safety certification?
Asking IVM to build a safety compliance unit is like asking a pharmacy company to establish its own NAFDAC. They cannot be the judge on their own case.
Moreover IVM cannot invite experts to come over because the physical structure is not there. It is not the company's responsibility to build one.
Finally, sending a sample outside might not be practically feasible because of laws relating to technology transfer in those countries.

sorry oh, but what technology are we transferring here?

the Chinese or our own technology?
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
PtitLapin:
Why are people crying all over this thread? I don't get it. Same people bitching about IVM will say that Nigeria doesn't produce anything, same people will bitch that Nigeria is underdeveloped, same people will complain that there are no jobs in Nigeria, same people will spend millions importing cars and then whine and complain when customs is demanding for more money... whining and bitching ad nauseam. If all you are going to do is sit on your behinds, twiddle your thumbs and dole out criticism, then you don't deserve any of the things you are asking for. If all you do is bitch and whine, you deserve a shitty Nigeria. Build your own car (in a country like Nigeria, where every freaking thing is an obstacle to innovation) or at least buy and test an IVM car and then I will listen to your critique. Freaking tired of the crabs in a barrel attitude that black people have. How many of the people crying in this thread have actually bought or driven IVM? Jeez.

As for me, I support any product compiled, designed, cooked, fried, assembled, created, authored and made in Nigeria. And if it is shitty I will give a constructive review, which the company may or may not take into consideration. Key word here is constructive. If IVM succeeds, we all succeed. It's a win for Nigeria. Standards can only improve if we first create things, try them, review them and then demand for improvements. But no, you guys want to wake up and be Japan. It doesn't work like that. Your favorite German and Japanese automobiles still have major automobile recalls due to automobile defects so I don't get this extremely judgmental attitude towards IVM, IVM was born only a few years ago.

sorry na, no vex!

do u own a car?
If u do, is it ivm?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by sonnie10: 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

sorry oh, but what technology are we transferring here?

the Chinese or our own technology?
The technology transfer protection in this case is preventing the use of modern technology which is protected by patient law along with other technology which countries develop to use in order to gain competitive edge over their rivals in certain industries.
Why do you think American spec Kia or Hyundai is different from the ones in Nigeria or even South Korea?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Sunymoore(m): 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
toprealman:
130/140 kmh......bros safety first!
Yeah bro.. Sometimes when the road is good, you'll not know your driving that fast

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:

The technology transfer protection in this case is preventing the use of modern technology which is protected by patient law along with other technology which countries develop to use in order to gain competitive edge over their rivals in certain industries.
Why do you think American spec Kia or Hyundai is different from the ones in Nigeria or even South Korea?

so if I get u correctly, the technology in a Nigerian Kia is different from the American Kia?

correct?

uncle nurey, is this true?

that a company say based in US will intentionally dish out a different technology to their subsidiary producing the same product in Nigeria cos they want to hoard technology...... I'm not aware of this oh

I tot they have same technology only detailed to meet specific state laws and requirements.... eg the California based exhaust system and the US (other states) based exhaust in the Toyota Camry 02-06.
ULEV and the sort.... same technology only that one is fine tuned to produce lesser emission than the other to meet with state regulations and also to cater for the specific needs of that particular environment. not to hoard technology....

the patent law only prohibits other companies in the same industry from copying the tech..... like what ivm is doing with those Chinese coys.... creating copycats..... they can do better with their imagination.
ivm can only do that cos the patent covers them

same with rhd and lhd.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Sunymoore(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
PtitLapin:

My sister, ayam not understanding our people again.. The want a Nigeria Benz in a decade

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by sonnie10: 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

so if I get u correctly, the technology in a Nigerian Kia is different from the American Kia?

correct?

What I am saying is that if you take your made in Nigeria vehicle sample to test in say Germany or Japan for safety compliance, they would most likely not do it.
The reason is that, now people would accept the made in Nigeria as having the same standard as theirs.
It is not good for their own product because they no longer have that competitive edge. After all, they have certified that both products are of equal standard.
Countries have laws prohibiting the use of such technologies especially for non domestic entities

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:

What I am saying is that if you take your made in Nigeria vehicle sample to test in say Germany or Japan for safety compliance, they would most likely not do it.
The reason is that, now people would accept the made in Nigeria as having the same standard as theirs.
It is not good for their own product because they no longer have that competitive edge. After all, they have certified that both products are of equal standard.
Countries have laws prohibiting the use of such technologies especially for non domestic entities

we are now heading somewhere, yes they will not do it if u plan to use their cars on THEIR roads.... it will have to comply with their rules first..... but stuff like emissions test (to see how much of the environment u r polluting) and crash tests.(Safety) ...... should they be specific or peculiar to western countries?

there exists, international standards for every significant product that is expected to live long enough to go round the world so they can be monitored effectively for quality and control.

I ask again.

of all the people clamouring ivm, how many of u have cars? and are those cars ivm? did u buy them before Ivm came into existence?

simple jamb questions..... we might need pics for proofing so no careless answers
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:

Peugeot products made in France still undergo crash and emissions test by independent and govt owned organizations that are internationally certified to licence anything..... these tests may be carried out in France or USA but they will be published worldwide for people to contest them.......

how far have we gone with that?

emphasis is on international.... and worldwide
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by sonnie10: 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

we are now heading somewhere, yes they will not do it if u plan to use their cars on THEIR roads.... it will have to comply with their rules first..... but stuff like emissions test (to see how much of the environment u r polluting) and crash tests.(Safety) ...... should they be specific or peculiar to western countries?

there exists, international standards for every significant product that is expected to live long enough to go round the world so they can be monitored effectively for quality and control.

I ask again.

of all the people clamouring ivm, how many of u have cars? and are those cars ivm? did u buy them before Ivm came into existence?

simple jamb questions..... we might need pics for proofing so no careless answers

Wish I was in the position to buy or use IVM.
The vehicles are looking better with each subsequent model. Love their G wagon lookalike!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:

Wish I was in the position to buy or use IVM.
The vehicles are looking better with each subsequent model. Love their G wagon lookalike!

so is it that u have a car that is not innoson or u don't have a car?

either way u lose!
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by sonnie10: 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

Peugeot products made in France still undergo crash and emissions test by independent and govt owned organizations that are internationally certified to licence anything..... these tests may be carried out in France or USA but they will be published worldwide for people to contest them.......

how far have we gone with that?

emphasis is on international.... and worldwide

Now you agree with me that those safety test are carried out by independent and government agencies and not Peugeot.

If so, why do you blame IVM for government failure to establish this standard agency or create an enabling environment for independent safety agencies to thrive.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:

Now you agree with me that those safety test are carried out by independent and government agencies and not Peugeot.

If so, why do you blame IVM for government failure to establish this standard agency or create an enabling environment for independent safety agencies to thrive.

I blame them because they are not making products that can internationally compete..... the standard is not there!

lemme also remind u of something I think u might have missed out...... there are several countries that will tag innoson vehicle as contraband.... cos it doesn't meet certain requirements..... it cannot be driven there.....
this fact alone limits our ability to generate forex and make noise internationally and the way we are going....... it's not looking good, with fewer and fewer patrons..... majority of people using it are being forced to sef
firstly the cars are not affordable with the low level of standard and quality compromise........ it should be affordable na seeing that it is just a makeshift to change our drive and focus from other brands.....

let's start from affordable then shift to reliable then on to durable..... etc... let it be affordable first..... so that everyone can have it

then let's see if those independent licensed companies won't be sending letters to ivm
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by sonnie10: 6:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

so is it that u have a car that is not innoson or u don't have a car?

either way u lose!

Go back and substitute the word "position" with the word "Nigeria" then stand in front of your mirror and read the last part of your comment.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:

Go back and substitute the word "position" with the word "Nigeria" then stand in front of your mirror and read the last part of your comment.

which last part?

why is this simple question so difficult?

u dont have a car abi and u love innoson (not affordable for u)

u have a car and it's not innoson (gross hypocrisy)

EOD
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonnie10:

Wish I was in the Nigeria to buy or use IVM.

I should read ur own comment in the mirror abi after substituting........

done.......

now u read it, I've done the typing for u.....

read it slow and see if it has any relationship with the discussion

if u love it so much and u r not in the country then how come u know so much about the brand.... that means u r talking from mere hearsay and sentiments? not even facts and figures that other manufacturers dish out in quantum... duly uploaded online for everyone to see..... just hearsay...... my friend told me?

Kai, I need to be more like lexusgs430 and pick my debates wisely......

chaiiiiiiiii

aru eme!
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by sonnie10: 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

I should read ur own comment in the mirror abi after substituting........

done.......

now u read it, I've done the typing for u.....

read it slow and see if it has any relationship with the discussion
I live in US. We don't have IVM here.

The part of your comment that says "either way you lose"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Spotted Using Palm Oil As Lubricant For His Motorcycle / US: Thieves Steal 124 Wheels From 34 Chevy Cars Worth $120,000 In A Single Night / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.