Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Rebecca's Diary (boy's Palava!!!) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rebecca's Diary (boy's Palava!!!) (831 Views)

Rebecca Anderson: My First Love, Her Sunset And My First Heart Break / Lekki Conservation Centre Palava / Short Story: Wahala X Palava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rebecca's Diary (boy's Palava!!!) by Felixdgreat(m): 9:14am On Apr 30, 2018
REBECCA'S DIARY:
BOY'S PALAVA!!
Hello everyone, My name is Rebecca am 15 and this is my dairy.
You know that awkward moment when a cute guy walks up to you only to become dumb without being able to express himself, well that is same boat I found myself on this faithful day.
At 15 I was regarded by my friends as a novice who couldn't make use of her beauty to attract what she wants, I often wonder what they meant by that until I discovered they were into boy's and men and as for me I was into my books and writing.
Less I forget, after what seem to be an endless torture at home with my siblings Mum and dad finally came back home from their retreat. I was more than overjoyed because I knew I messed up all the food stuffs at home. Anyway that isn't my focus today. After mum came back I was so surprised because she gave me serious lectures about guy's and there antics and why I shouldn't have a boyfriend. Her lectures got me wondering, was this what she went to learn for 3days. At a time I thought mum was just being very jealous and envious of my beauty because seriously I was way beautiful than her and after giving birth to 4 cute kids, you really don't expect her to be as charming as she was way back. Now to my story.
My friends Chizzy and Jenny often told me stories of how cute guy's chase them and tell them those sweet words, it got me wondering why was my case different eh! Abi I no fine reach, Wetin this babes get wey I no get self. Seriously I went into fasting and prayers o asking Oluwa to send me a toaster, not that I wanted to date any guy but just to experience what it was like to be sweet talked to by a bae..LOL..... at least I should be able to have a story in the nearest future about my first toast... After what seem to be a long wait, the gods of toasting finally heard my pleas and sent this cute hot dude my way..
His name was Bayo, we have been distant friends right from my junior secondary school days. Bayo is what you would call a perfect gentleman, cute, tall and above all he was a brainbox. All the girls in school flocked themselves around this dude but the guy no send them at all, Best friends even fought themselves just to be with this dude still yet no show for them. I seriously do wonder why girls have to make themselves so cheap just to be toasted eh, toasting na by force.
It was on a Monday morning Bayo had sent a note to me asking me to wait behind in class after school, I really wondered why but never the less I waited, Guess what? After what seem to be an endless wait Bayo didn't show up and this occured on 3 different occasions, I was so pissed off and mad at this small guy called Bayo, Wetin be him own self. One Friday afternoon I walked up to him, dragged him to a corner and inquired why he wanted to see me.
Before I go continue, one secret I discovered is that Nigerian guys are so scared of brilliant ladies especially if she speaks good queens English and trust me I no dy slack for that one.... If you see how Bayo dey fidget and shiver eh, I swear he almost peed on his pants LOL!!!
My handsome Bayo could only mutter few words I translated to be Becky I.. I.. love you, be my bae.. chai I no fit vex because this wasn't how I expect my first toasting parole to go... what happened to those sweet lines like, Baby looking into your eyes pierces my heart with a burning desire that I can't hold back anymore.... My dear people you needed to see Bayo spark English...abeg jare let me stop here... Boys and their Love wahala...
Re: Rebecca's Diary (boy's Palava!!!) by Osasnidas(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2018
seriously?...wetin happen next?..

she carry Belle?..
Re: Rebecca's Diary (boy's Palava!!!) by Felixdgreat(m): 11:06am On May 17, 2018
GIRLS AND THEIR WAHALA!
Hello friends it's me Rebecca and this is my dairy. Isn't it funny how your friends who once mocked you for not being at there level suddenly turn around and become envious of you, some will even pick up quarrel with you for no good reason, I know you have an idea of what am talking about because you certainly have found yourself in such boat too.
After my incident with Bayo my first toaster who couldn't mutter any sensible word, things quickly change between I and my friends. I guess they assume we were dating because every now and then you would see us together. We were either reading or holding hands walking around the school. At first I took it as a joke even when I heard all this rumours which wasn't particularly true and even if it was true, Wetin concern them self eh! I thought they said I couldn't use my beauty to attract guys, now am doing that they are angry. I vividly recall been confronted by my friends on one occasion about this issue, I just brushed it off...Mehn see me see wahala o! Small Chizzy my PP (Personal Person) shouted and called me a lair telling me to stay off her man, before I could say a word, slap from nowhere don design my face. Gosh!! I dislikes girls who make themselves so cheap, running after boys, I thought she had boyfriends now she dey attack me like bee wey don see prey.
Talking about Me and Bayo my Toaster, I really didn't want to date him or any other guy but I do enjoy his company you know, Wetin small babe like me wa do with boy now, what do they have to offer me that I can't afford, Mum and Dad makes sure I lack nothing, na the love or money eh, I know most of you would think am from a very wealthy home, NAH! Not today some other time I would tell you about my background.
After that ugly scenario with my friends I decided to get back at them, sometimes I would make Bayo hold me by the waist and we would purposely walk pass my friends.
Bayo didn't really know why I was doing this, I guess the dude was beginning to believe I was falling for him, Me Becky fall for this omo Yoruba shy pikin.... Bayo was such a clown, common to hold me by the waist, na big trouble but trust me na, I always have my way around him.
Mum often told me that girls were far more smarter than guys, she said girls had the ability of making any guy do what she wants and seriously I have watched mum do that to dad thousands of time and it works just like magic.
As time went on, I and Bayo were tagged Romeo and Juliet, some even called us Jack and Rose, even my teachers believed we were actually dating because they have called I and Bayo to ask and when they ask, all I do is laugh which they interpreted to be yes...I wonder can't people just mind there business eh! Must they poke nose in other people's lives. In spite of all the Bayo saga, I never for once slacked in my studies, Infact my grades improved all thanks to Mr loverboy Bayo and Jenny, even as I brilliant reach eh I still dey learn from where Toaster Bayo and Jenny dey.
Hmmm! I really do wonder how my story with my toaster Guy would end. He is just so sweet, do I actually give him a chance, please advise me.
My final exams as a secondary babe are fast approaching..... Guess what? I and Chizzy the lioness would sit together, I really do wonder why, make she no go strangle me to death ooo because seriously they is no love lost between Chizzy and I after that uneventful show.

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Dakowabooks - Publish, read and earn: Novels, Short stories etc / My Slimy Experience (+18) / The Tango Into Eternity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.