Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? (4518 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? (2) (3) (4)

Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by mowapa(m): 5:30am On Mar 16, 2007
Americans want to know why Nigerians love them So Much?

March 15, 2007 2:55
Nigeria Loves Us!

In the new (and newly redesigned) issue of TIME, we run a poll graphic that hasn't been posted on the site yet that caught my eye. It's drawn from a BBC World Service poll in which people around the globe were asked to rate the influence of other nations. No surprise -- as the item says, "the U.S. has fallen sharply in world esteem over the past three years." But what did have me scratching my head was the handful of countries where the U.S. still has a very positive rating -- led by Nigeria, where 72% of the respondents view U.S. influence positively. I have no idea what explains this. Besides the fact that it's an oil-producing nation -- and [url=http://one of the most corrupt countries in the world]one of the most corrupt countries in the world[/url]. -- I know very little about Nigeria. Anyone else able to explain what makes America so unusually popular there? (Filipinos and Kenyans also have very positive feelings about the U.S.)

http://time-blog.com/swampland/2007/03/nigeria_loves_us.html

follow the link and view Americans comment
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by Tornadoz(m): 3:13am On Mar 17, 2007
Beacause Nigeria is a nation of asslickers. Instead of cleaning our streets, we'd rather do gburu in London. I know a guy who spent 2 months in America (before his sorry ass was deported) who came back and was calling his own sister "my boo". Please don't even let me start.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:27am On Mar 17, 2007
oh boy i had fun reading the comments on the blog

Nigeria loves America because it's people are insanely easy to distract and therefore easier to scam. Instead of focusing on more relevant issues like the total corruption of the current administration and the shredding of basic constitutional principles, we focus on things like inconsequential polls.

"Anyone else able to explain what makes America so unusually popular there?"

Dear God! Who cares? Wouldn't it be a more useful exercise talking about why most of the rest of the world hates our guts now? Why we are about as popular as Iran and North Korea? Let's sit around and speculate why the frack Nigeria loves us. That's what is most important right now, let's get to the bottom of it.

this one is sooo funny!!
I have been approached by people from Nigeria and Ghana on the Internet for money and I had to explain that I am very very poor and they cannot get money out of me. You see I know why they love Americans because Americans believe their lies. I explain to them that I am a Puerto Rican and as such not as rich as an American. They feel so sorry for me that they have stopped asking for money, clothes, and presents after all I am from a little island they have never heard of.

Nigeria: Shell Oil. Very poor country. Only ones available to be polled owned by the Government and Shell.

Kenya: Obama. Pres. Clinton offered 20 cows and 40 goats for Chelsea. US Military. Kenyan long distant runners do very well in the NYC and Boston Marathons.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:33am On Mar 17, 2007
How'd they do the poll? Perhaps the only people in Nigeria with phones are ones who are members of that corrupt class?

It's like talking to Wall Street bankers about whether or not they feel the economy is doing well.
Duh.

I would venture a guess, that since their own government is known to be corrupt, they look at who is actually trying to make their country better. Because of the civil unrest in the country, the various oil companies have poured millions into the local economy- both for oil development and as philanthropy/image building. It may not be an altruistic effort, but right now US oil firms are their only source of hope.[/quote]

Yes of course we love USA, is that not where its easy to run to and live comfortably after looting Government coffers? , Where wanted Nigerians run to and get US guarantee of freedom from prosecution?
Please do keep your boarders open we are looking for where to ship all our crooks.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by mowapa(m): 2:01pm On Mar 17, 2007
loverbwoy

Glad you took the time to read the average American comment. just because they have the best economy does not make them enlightened.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by mazaje(m): 2:37pm On Mar 17, 2007
Nigeria is just a useless mess.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by abdkabir(m): 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2007
Never Loose Hope! Let that be the last to Loose.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by Mamajama(m): 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2007
Not just Nigerians, abeg, AMERICA is a land and a place where you can fulfill your dreams. there is hope if you are dedicated and hard working, Unlike our nation that only the affluent survive

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by delvinmaya(m): 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2007
i am disappointed in those of you who are degrading yourselves. where is your pride? where is your dignity? nowhere because you have got none. yes, your cases are hopeless, the us which you are shouting and praising got to where they are after more than 200 years and they all went through the same process we are going through. oh yes they went through these processes and britain's case is pathethic. they hanged and sold as slaves the poor of the socie ty so dont be all up and shouting degrading abuses to your country or better still your motherland, i accept that most of the things our leaders do are rubbish but that doesnt mean we should curse nigeria. I ask why is it that the only thing which unite you nigerians is football hum? why?
why cant you join hands together and move this nation so we can live here in harmony. remember the national anthem and the pledge. you pledge to take ur country to greater heights. fulfil that promise and leave the jack assed white fool americans to their goddamned country

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by bawoodinma(m): 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2007
Why Nigerians 'like' America? U need to be nigerian to understand the culture. From coast to coast nigerians are boot lickers. Our culture is being gradually eroded because of self hate. The Igbo language is becoming gradually extinct and everything western is becoming very attractive. And BTW, all these are done with the intention of pleasing the 'home' crowd. Complex people. Noisy, braggarts, sometimes I just want give up on our people.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by Ndipe(m): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2007
"Who no like better thing"?, quoting one of the response that I read in Newswatch magazine.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by macalurs(m): 6:10pm On Mar 18, 2007
delvinmaya:

i am disappointed in those of you who are degrading yourselves. where is your pride? where is your dignity? nowhere because you have got none. yes, your cases are hopeless, the us which you are shouting and praising got to where they are after more than 200 years and they all went through the same process we are going through. oh yes they went through these processes and britain's case is pathethic. they hanged and sold as slaves the poor of the socie ty so don't be all up and shouting degrading abuses to your country or better still your motherland, i accept that most of the things our leaders do are rubbish but that doesnt mean we should curse nigeria. I ask why is it that the only thing which unite you nigerians is football hum? why?
why can't you join hands together and move this nation so we can live here in harmony. remember the national anthem and the pledge. you pledge to take your country to greater heights. fulfil that promise and leave the jack assed white fool americans to their goddamned country

your self-righteousness isn't helping nothing, because you sound just as pathetic as the people you're cursing.

Use your ability for better things than pick on the weak; If you know any better, teach, and live an example.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by tpia1: 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
maybe because of opportunities?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by Originalsly: 4:07am On Aug 11, 2014
Two things.....lack of vision and leadership.....and Nigerians have become instant people. What plans are there for the development of Nigeria?....and are the leaders trying hard to carry out these plans? After all these years.....why is basic infrastructure (roads, reliable electricity and water supply) lacking or very poor? No plans no hope. To make matters worse......21st century people are instant people.....they don't be chanting Rome was not built in a day...what they want they want it now and thanks to the media...they can see ll that is available now...and want it now....by any means necessary....work hard and in time you will get what you wanted does not apply. Who cares America took 200 years to be at the top of the ladder? We want to be at the top of the ladder now.....and if America is at the top then there is where we want to be...now.....and if we can't then until we find a way we will pretend to be Americans. When we get there and with reality we are struck our eyes shall be opened and mouths shall say what the....?

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by KeMeTRocky(m): 4:09am On Aug 11, 2014
america aint sh1t..

believe that and cherish that bruh..

real words from a african american..

Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by joeycasper: 7:29am On Aug 11, 2014
I think people don't have awareness about these facts. They only want to improve their life standard. They think their whole life change within few months in America.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? by tpia1: 2:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
Sometimes the concepts of "different" and "better" get used interchangeably.

He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? / Close Hotels To Us Embassy In Abuja / WAKANOW Is A Big Scam!!!!