Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,499 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos (43533 Views)

Cut And Join Danfo Spotted In Lagos (pic/vid) / Kenyans Mock Lagos Danfo (PHOTOS) / End Of Danfo Buses As First Set Of Brand New Buses Arrive - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by gonkin(m): 8:08am On May 02, 2018
laudate:

Are you serious? There are companies that do this conversion in Lagos already.

Its not supposed to be used for commercial vehicle.

Its really good for generators. Saves money and uses 3 times less.

Although i dont like generators. Inverter is for me.
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by supajizy(m): 8:11am On May 02, 2018
Nigerians and ITK. This is very safe. I leave in mowe and I have entered this buses a couple of times. initially I used to get scared but my quest for knowledge saved me. First of all as you could all see in the picture the bus is being refilled at a CNG station. when that station was built they marketed there product to the bus drivers and did the entire configuration. they also service the buses for them and maintain the engines. The tanks are well fastened to the body. it's not a make shift thing. No thicking time bomb. They have been involved in accidents yet no explosions yet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by Nobody: 8:11am On May 02, 2018
Now,I am no scientist but I 've got to ask: Why not tuck the bloody cylinders elsewhere?

Not beneath the godd.amned seats!
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by Nobody: 8:17am On May 02, 2018
Shalomc:
Your car might be beside it on that day..... just saying....
Some of the ladies here on Nairaland are evil wit...*runs away*
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by iukpe: 8:17am On May 02, 2018
Not a new technology. Its very practical and safe when the right parts are used for the modifications and everything placed right and certified OK especially the cylinders.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by dawahlarry: 8:21am On May 02, 2018
Where is our dear FRSC? They need to stop this ASAP before the consequences start occuring. These really needs to be reported.
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by stevnwigw1: 8:22am On May 02, 2018
Nigeria Engineers should look into this cos it's an innovation on the waiting and can triple Nigeria economy
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by Kobicove(m): 8:29am On May 02, 2018
Why would the gas cylinder be in the passenger compartment?

This is a disaster waiting to happen undecided
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by bossaboss: 8:34am On May 02, 2018
Highly risky.
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by musicwriter(m): 8:46am On May 02, 2018
AutoReportNG:

I asked about this too and I was told its safe, according to him, its a coolant gas, I dont know what that means but personally I raised that concern too..

I am waiting for others to enlight me on this.

CC: Gazzuzz

Its actually safer than petrol!. And that's why they can keep it under the seat and even go a trip and come back safely. If you try that with petrol that's when you may come closer to a bomb.

Watch below video, the ''myth busters'' its a science TV show, they literally fact check myths to find out the truth. In this episode, they tried to find ways to make a propane tank with gas to ''blow'' they tried even shooting it with a pistol, but couldn't until they used a military grade gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FHTXwpVMvs

This is the type of endeavor that should be encouraged if we are ever to come out of poverty in Africa.
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by Absoj(m): 8:49am On May 02, 2018
grin grin
ironheart:
IED on the move. This is what bokoharam are using to kill our soldiers in maiduguri.

Its a very good and cheap means of transportation but since the work is not properly done, like every other things we do, without due diligence, its very dangerious.
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by Nobody: 8:52am On May 02, 2018
Abeg who knows who can convert my evil spirit to this method abeg!!!!!
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by ernieboy(m): 8:52am On May 02, 2018
eghuan1:

I tire o. Something wey Benin taxi drivers have been using close to 10 years now
taxis usually put theirs in the boot which is a safer place far from the reach of passengers. this is directly underneath the seat of passengers.
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by Horus(m): 8:53am On May 02, 2018
Gas explosion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by ariesbull: 8:55am On May 02, 2018
If the car catches fire...Hiroshima would be a child's play

Trust me

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by naijacentric(m): 8:57am On May 02, 2018
RZArecta2:
People have been using cooking gas to run generator sets for some years in Nigeria now, I also saw a thread here on Nairaland about someone who converts cars to run on gas so it's not a new technology BUT you see this danfo ? I no go enter am lailai, I can wave you from afar though cool
wow am surprised in dis same nigeria mehn am dazed
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by millomaniac: 9:05am On May 02, 2018
fuckpro:
...if this was safe don't you think the whites would have beaten us to it
...lagos drivers always doing the unthinkable

Whites are not more intelligent than you. Stop being brainwashed into thinking they are superior.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by davillian(m): 9:13am On May 02, 2018
The driver would be the only one yo survive if those gas tanks kabooooooom
What is road safety doing or saying about this.
I know the safety of Nigerians means nothing to the governments.
So they will wait until disasters starts happening with this mobile explosives .
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by FreeWorld23: 9:14am On May 02, 2018
Will rather trek than enter this grin

Even those that run their fuel in a keg I don't enter them talk less of this one.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by davillian(m): 9:17am On May 02, 2018
millomaniac:

Whites are not more intelligent than you. Stop being brainwashed into thinking they are superior.
They have been using it since as nitro for street racing cars.
It is usually in the boot.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by Gudfrie(m): 9:23am On May 02, 2018
fuckpro:
...if this was safe don't you think the whites would have beaten us to it
...lagos drivers always doing the unthinkable
This is what they use in Europe just that the position where the gas is placed directly towards heat. In cars it is always places in d boot n the compartment where it is placed is insulated. Nigerian danfos are careless n with it they are prone to explosion

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by sniper77(m): 9:23am On May 02, 2018
AutoReportNG:

I asked about this too and I was told its safe, according to him, its a coolant gas, I dont know what that means but personally I raised that concern too..

I am waiting for others to enlight me on this.

CC: Gazzuzz

It's only becoming new to Nigerians. It's a common sight in Ghana mostly used by taxi drivers and safety standards are adhered to cos it's installed in the boot of the taxis. This one installed in the bus is clearly unsafe and a big risk to the lives of the passengers and the driver.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by mikeapollo: 9:25am On May 02, 2018
This phenomenon is almost 20 years old in Ghana! Majority of the commercial vehicles in Accra use gas.
This cannot be an innovation in 2018, except for the fact that Nigeria is lagging behind in so many basic things and whatever little new thing that we do becomes a ''big thing'' for us to hype and celebrate unnecessarily!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by Sagay212: 9:31am On May 02, 2018
And people will foolishly enter a bus like this. When they die of explosion, they'll blame village people and the government
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by AmoloPatrick(m): 9:34am On May 02, 2018
Horus:
Gas explosion

Oga this was fuel not Gas
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by nosiebaba(m): 9:36am On May 02, 2018
Benz4pimp:
Abeg who knows who can convert my evil spirit to this method abeg!!!!!

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by nosiebaba(m): 9:40am On May 02, 2018
Let me enlighten people about this. The gas in use is called compressed natural gas. CNG. It is not lpg, lpg liquified natural gas is the common butane gas used for cooking and its in liquid form. Cng is dry gas with moisture content at all.
Natural gas is what turbines used in generating electricity both PHCN gencos, redemption camp winners canaanland etc.. It is the cleanest fossil fuel on earth this gas is very very safe and there is no hazard of explosion like many of you think. The cylinders you see are extremely thicker than your normal cooking gas cylinders. About 20 mm thick. Even if cases of a very fatal accident, there is no damage to the cylinder. IN Nigeria Nipco and green gas started converting vehicles to run on both natural gas or petrol depending on which on which one is availabe. There ia a button to switch to either petrol or gas. The project started in benin and more than 4000 vehicles run on natural gas in nigeria( Benin and lagos) even some brt buses and they have been running for over 7 years in nigeria alone.
Please do some research developed countries have most of their vehicles, buses and metro trains running on natural gas.
All the trucks i. This picture runs on natural gas
Pls send questions i would reply them to give more clarity.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by nosiebaba(m): 9:42am On May 02, 2018
Horus:
Gas explosion
Are yoy sure you know the meaning of explosion.
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by TheKingIsHere: 9:47am On May 02, 2018
laudate:

The gas being used is not a coolant, but compressed natural gas (CNG), a form of methane.

And methane is highly explosive.

This is a ticking atomic bomb waiting to happen. shocked

1 Like

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by nosiebaba(m): 9:48am On May 02, 2018
Dont get any misconceptions and dont let anyone deceive you. This has made nairaland even last year.

https://www.nairaland.com/2775533/nipco-plc-implores-nigerians-use
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by mexzony: 9:56am On May 02, 2018
This is a fucking bomb waiting to happen. shocked shocked shocked
Unless I am missing something.will do some research anyway
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by PrettyPrisca(f): 9:56am On May 02, 2018
I got to know about this method when I was in Benin. We got to a filling station to refuel only for the driver to ask every passenger to get down. Ló and behold there was a gas tank in the trunk of the bus. Though I believe it's very economical its very very dangerous. The profit can never substitute for the lives that will be lost in case of an accident. Just imagine if a bus running on gas summersaults? I think this is a wake up call for the FRSC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Did Nigeria Change From Righthand Drive To Lefthand Drive? / The Production Of The Volkswagen Beetle Ends Today / Trailer Falls On Top Of A Car In Portharcourt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.