Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari (37219 Views)

Akeredolu: I Didn’t Discuss Amotekun With Buhari / Donald Trump's 'Buhari Is Lifeless': Buhari Media Organisation Reacts To Comment / Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by JSMMUYIWA(m): 9:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

Bullsh1t!!! Grab them by the pu**y, all Mexicans are racists, a Hispanic judge will be bias because his folks are from Mexico.

The Nigerian president is another white worshipping low lifer, little wonder non of y'all can declare the US a human right violate at the UN when Malcolm X beg y'all leaders to do so.
So what are you insinuating?
Guess you want a public retraction of speech?
The invitation is diplomatic in itself.
Avoidance of rancour spurring quotes is pertinent in peace-making.
Your idea of approach isn't presidential enough.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by JSMMUYIWA(m): 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
IJOBA2:
ZOMBIE
How?
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Chuksmonika(m): 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ebullience:
Nigerian president Muhammadu Buhari Monday said he avoided bringing up President Donald Trump’s alleged vulgar remarks about African countries when the two presidents today at the White House because he was not sure his American counterpart truly made comment.

Buhari, the first sub-Saharan Africa president to meet Trump since he was sworn in January 2017, is currently in the US for bilateral talks on the invitation of the American president.

“I am not sure about the validity or whether that allegation against the President was true or not, so the best thing to do for me is to keep quiet,” Buhari said during a joint press conference with Trump at the Rose Garden at the White House.

Trump came under fire early in the year after he reportedly called some African countries ‘shithole’ at a private White House meeting on January 12. But he denied making the comment and labelled his accusers as fake news peddlers.

He doubled down on that denial during the press conference.

“We didn’t discuss it, because the president knows me, and he knows where I’m coming from and I appreciate that. We did not discuss it,” Trump said.

http://guardian.ng/news/why-i-didnt-discuss-shithole-comment-with-trump-buhari/

as if you will slap him...LOL....shithole is an understatement,Nigeria is worst than it.....Donald Trump can call Nigeria and even Buhari shithole,and nothing will Happen,if not to Maintain world peace,and Bilateral relationship with Nigeria,he would have said it to your face,and you cant do anything
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by IDeyNL: 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
fk001:
God bless Mr president.

He is a true leader with charisma

The more you hate him the more he prosper.

IPOB are still pained about his visit but unfortunately for them their opinion is as useless as horse sh!tt.

You mean the idiotic pigs of Buhari (IPOB)?
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Pharaoh001(f): 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
It is because you don't have the political will to ask such a question in the first place.When well educated leaders like Trump are talking how can a cattle patron ask such a question you never reach that level.When I watched the meeting between the two I thought the president would not disappoint but he obviously did by making stupid statement like how herdsmen don't carry AK-47 and I just bowed my head in shame.

Re.tarded bastard...no commas, no full stop undecided
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Kophschmerzen: 9:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
JSMMUYIWA:

So what are you insinuating?
Guess you want a public retraction of speech?
The invitation is diplomatic in itself.
Avoidance of rancour spurring quotes is pertinent in peace-making.
Your idea of approach isn't presidential enough.

The French president call him out on his irrational pull out of the Paris climate accord, the German chancellor challenge his false statement on trade deficit between the E.u and the USA.

Only Africa leaders go and bow to the idiot as if the loser is the God they worship. Some of the reasons we have problems with Africans.
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by annnikky(f): 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2018
jobgetter4u:

Anike , omo to fyn, o o de wa femi kiss kiss kiss
tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Kophschmerzen: 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2018
The American and Nigerian president are both illiterate and bigots. It's a meeting between six and half a dozen.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by jobgetter4u: 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2018
annnikky:

tongue tongue tongue grin

Baby, talk to meeeee jorrrrr kiss kiss
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by BenzEne1(m): 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
Awoleesu:
What is he ever sure of?

This man sure lives in Jupiter!

I trust great African leaders like Mugabe and Museveni... Even when not sure, they'll take it up with Trump; if for nothing, at the least to prove they ain't scared of him.

How on earth can you refer to Mugabe and Museveni as great. Museveni has been in power for donkey years now. We know what it took to get Mugabe out. Not that they did anything for their countries. They put their nations in their pocket and embezzled the countries dry.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
because you didn't have the guts to discuss it.
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by aribisala0(m): 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
JSMMUYIWA:

Well then, African Dignity is back.
In as much the statement is rescinded,I think Buhari recognition is well presidential here, and represented us well.
I think Trump is definitely not as vulgar as painted by many.

What a delusional statement?

Rescinded?

No it was not rescinded rather it was reinforced . He said in front of Buhari that some of "those countries are in very bad shape"

He more or less admitted that he said it
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by annnikky(f): 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
jobgetter4u:

Baby, talk to meeeee jorrrrr kiss kiss
Tnx tongue
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by phase1: 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
Okoroawusa:

DRY

E pain you gan no be small. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by deomelllo: 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:

Rescinded?

No it was not rescinded rather it was reinforced . He said in front of Buhari that some of "those countries are in very bad shape"

lol @ ipob translation... grin
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
Pharaoh001:

Re.tarded bastard...no commas, no full stop undecided
Must you quote me to advertise your level of understanding?Do well not to insult yourself next time when quoting me.
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by JSMMUYIWA(m): 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

The French president call him out on his irrational pull out of the Paris climate accord, the German chancellor challenge his false statement on trade deficit between the E.u and the USA.

Only Africa leaders go and bow to the idiot as if the loser is the God they worship. Some of the reasons we have problems with Africans.
It seems you are,because of a mere quote, forgetting the main reason for the visit.
Should we continent had been rightly vulgar-tagged as was alleged.
He yet did the invitation and reception in a ceremonious manner.
What's the fuss on a statement that brings no economical improvements or any form of enhancement to the citizens?
Of what use is to chestbeat?
That's maturity from our President, I will say.
There are more pertinent issues to deal on in the meeting.
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by STARKACE(m): 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2018
annnikky:
U know that u came from a shithole con3 that's why u didn't have the liver/courage to ask him such question undecided
trash from a dumb bitch
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Olaiya26: 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
I guess fanta and coke are of the same age bracket 70+ buh heaven is more healthy than hell. If you know what i mean.
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Kophschmerzen: 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
JSMMUYIWA:

It seems you are,because of a mere quote, forgetting the main reason for the visit.
Should we continent had been rightly vulgar-tagged as was alleged.
He yet did the invitation and reception in a ceremonious manner.
What's the fuss on a statement that brings no economical improvements or any form of enhancement to the citizens?
Of what use is to chestbeat?
That's maturity from our President, I will say.
There are more pertinent issues to deal on in the meeting.

This is definitely delusional of grandeur, trump loathe every black skinned homo sapien. He doesn't give two f***k about y'all. He's after selling more military hardware to your country and how to cheat y'all on your crude oil.

If you wanna know how he feels about black folks, you can Google the DOJ law suit against the trumps for discriminatory rental practices, central park five and birtherism.
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by JSMMUYIWA(m): 9:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:

Rescinded?

What's the wrong word in bad shape?
A leader with obviously correct observation shouldn't be castigated.
Is Nigeria even in the best shape one wish?
With the status of the economy as much bad and corruption everywhere even in educational sectors?
He isn't wrong after all?
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Awoleesu(m): 9:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
BenzEne1:

How on earth can you refer to Mugabe and Museveni as great. Museveni has been in power for donkey years now. We know what it took to get Mugabe out. Not that they did anything for their countries. They put their nations in their pocket and embezzled the countries dry.
I see!
Your point though... Harare boasts of having a kind among the best of infrastructures in Africa courtesy Mugabe.
Electric power stability in Uganda is second to none in Africa, thanks to Yoweri - do your checks and revert.
Notwithstanding these feats,both are leaders who have demonstarted dutch courage in calling the bluff of white imperialists and supremacists. Again, do your checks, get back to me if in doubts and I'll give you citations.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by aribisala0(m): 9:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
JSMMUYIWA:

What's the wrong word in bad shape?
A leader with obviously correct observation shouldn't be castigated.
Is Nigeria even in the best shape one wish?
With the status of the economy as much bad and corruption everywhere even in educational sectors?
He isn't wrong after all?
Nothing is wrong with the phrase in bad shape
Everything is about context

If you ask Mr A did you call Mr B a bastard and his response is " well he does not look like his father or other brothers" then we can fill in the gaps. That he says this IN FRONT of Mr A tells the whole story

You are not very bright are you?
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by JSMMUYIWA(m): 9:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

This is definitely delusional of grandeur, trump loathe every black skinned homo sapien. He doesn't give two f***k about y'all. He's after selling more military hardware to your country and how to cheat y'all on your crude oil.

If you wanna know how he feels about black folks, you can Google the DOJ law suit against the trumps for discriminatory rental practices, central park five and birtherism.
Alright your assertions is well noted.
But I really don't give a damn about what you think his believe about the black is, if the President of The Black could be well received with dignity and honour.
Meanwhile, I have been hearing bilateral economical agreement from both Presidents meeting and world peace.
You can as well keep the perspective of cheating.
I don't think our President would yet settle less for something not favourable to the nation. Definitely not in this economy hardship.
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by alimaa: 9:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
Please enough of this 'first African president to meet with Trump'. Is it a big deal to meet Trump? Is Trump Jesus Christ? Please we need to stop glorifying men.
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by jobgetter4u: 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
annnikky:

Tnx tongue

Get yur tongue inside o sad sad
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by gtown: 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
badesco:
Buhari is not the first African president to Meet Donald Trump but Egyptian president.
It seems you didn't do geography in your secondary school days or you have comprehension problem. But let me help you a little: the word AFRICA differ from the word SUB-SAHARA AFRICA.
Thus, Egypt is part of north africa and in must cases, it's classified as part of middle east. Countries and people North of the sahara desert are also called maghribian, a word from arabic maghrib meaning 'north'.
Sub-sahara Africa is every part of africa after the sahara desert stretching down to the cape of good hope in south africa. Every part of africa excluding the north and the desert inbetween is Sub-sahara Africa.
In a nutshell, egypt and nigeria are african countries continentally. But while nigeria lies in Sub-sahara region, egypt is not.
Needless to say then that, the first african country's president to meet trump was Egyptian president and follow now by nigerian president. However, the first president from Sub-sahara Africa to meet trump is nigerian president, president MB.
Hope you got the gist now

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by JSMMUYIWA(m): 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:

Nothing is wrong with the phrase in bad shape
Everything is about context

If you ask Mr A did you call Mr B a bastard and his response is " well he does not look like his father or other brothers" then we can fill in he gaps. That he says this IN FRONT of Mr A tells the whole story

You are not very bright are you?
But yet, that's the least of the main reason for the meeting.
Or should a mountain be made from such mole hill?
There are much cogent reason for the meeting rather than the cause of the analogy.
Do you read me?
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Simpubozz(m): 10:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
buhari really bleeped up on his speech delivering. his intonation is very bad, not appealing to int'l community at all. even the speech that was written for him lacks details on main issue. and if you watch the live chat, u will notice that he couldn't even respond to questions with informative response and Trumps seem to be backing him up on every question thrown to him. smh
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Blaqchild4eva(m): 10:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
It is because you don't have the political will to ask such a question in the first place.When well educated leaders like Trump are talking how can a cattle patron ask such a question you never reach that level.When I watched the meeting between the two I thought the president would not disappoint but he obviously did by making stupid statement like how herdsmen don't carry AK-47 and I just bowed my head in shame.

A cattle patron that your Dad would have love to swap position with. Its not a good omen to comments on Political thread whenever you are on your menstrual cycle.
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Kophschmerzen: 10:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
JSMMUYIWA:

Alright your assertions is well noted.
But I really don't give a damn about what you think his believe about the black is, if the President of The Black could be well received with dignity and honour.
Meanwhile, I have been hearing bilateral economical agreement from both Presidents meeting and world peace.
You can as well keep the perspective of cheating.
I don't think our President would yet settle less for something not favourable to the nation. Definitely not in this economy hardship.

Trump is so ignorant to even know how economic agreement works, I pray y'all get what y'all really wish for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate President Bukola Saraki Visits Agbaji After Attack / Governor Bindow Campaigns In Numan LGA Adamawa. 4+4 Is The Slogan / President Buhari Receives Chadian President In Aso Rock (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.