Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. (26270 Views)

Video Of A Lecturer Sexually Harassing A Student Released By RSUTV - UNIPORT / I Regret Going To The University / Unilag studies thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by kokakola: 9:34am On May 01, 2018
The course one studied is of no use if that individual do not acquire Sense at the end of a 4, 5 or 6years programme...
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by sochima1989(m): 9:34am On May 01, 2018
my dear.... not just in uniport oh.....
but you survive when you have no fears.....no cowards.....and no weaklings...

I studied same and faced similar challenge but you can take charge of your life outcomes..... aluta-pray and enjoy right living

1 Like

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by telim: 9:34am On May 01, 2018
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by rickyrex(m): 9:35am On May 01, 2018
Lol even agbero nah politician for Nigeria. So what is the need of studying it as a course. Except you wan be lecturer. Nigeria is bleeped... Our leader are one side killing the growth of this nation, while lecturers are on the other side frustrating the hell out of students life. Which way Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by GCsomething: 9:35am On May 01, 2018
Pls don't solace in failure. First class isn't the ultimate. Take responsibility and blame yourself for whatever.

We all went through same system and met same notion too, but what I tell myself is that if I prepare well.

I beg to differ

1 Like

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by jahbiz: 9:35am On May 01, 2018
Many of us suffer so much for papers called certificates we may not need in real life.... May God order our steps in life... Making money and much of it doesn't necessarily depend on certificate , it broadens our knowledge tho.
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Paulloveiheoma(m): 9:37am On May 01, 2018
Humility017:

I don't really think so...
I studied political science and public administration from university of Benin...
I never had this same experience save for final year...

God helped me all through never had a carry over still graduate wit a GPA above 4.0
you certainly do not have to think so bro CAUSE the dept of POL/ADM STUDIES in UNIBEN & the dept of POL/ADM STUDIES in UNIPORT differs greatly. different lecturers & so on...

1 Like

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by jrusky(m): 9:38am On May 01, 2018
Young man don't regret it just be happy you finished it all and gave your Bsc at least you can propel forward from their and by God grace you will get a job to keep you on.

On the side of the lecturer don't worry the day if reckoning is coming I went through it but not as bad as urs today so many has gone through and so many are still in the pool of all these wicked and bad lectures but one thing is certain a day is coming all of them will ends up in their village definitely.
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Mires: 9:38am On May 01, 2018
This won't help you. You informed us that both teaching and non-teaching staff of a department are sadists because you couldn't make first class.

1. Do you know what it takes to make First Class grade when you don't know that staff is not pluralised as you presented before us.

2. Stop consoling yourself on your inability to graduate with First Class; that's if at all you made 2.1

3. No department in the University has ever denied any student who deserves First class from being celebrated. A typical example of this is the department of History and International Relations, Ui where some graduates like you from the department have said it before me, "The department doesn't award First Class". They were proved wrong last year when the department awarded First Class to a deserving graduate after 58 years of inception.

4. Does First Class guarantees success in life? Haven't you seen or heard of third class employing First Class?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by TEYA: 9:38am On May 01, 2018
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Humility017(m): 9:40am On May 01, 2018
Paulloveiheoma:
you certainly do not have to think so bro CAUSE the dept of POL/ADM STUDIES in UNIBEN & the dept of POL/ADM STUDIES in UNIPORT differs greatly. different lecturers & so on...
you're very right

1 Like

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Paulloveiheoma(m): 9:45am On May 01, 2018
Chuks9000:

Are you saying the course is not usable?
Or is it that you've not graduated after the stipulated 4 years as a result of the wickedness? Don't understand what u r trying to say.
thanks for the reasonable question you asked. what I'm trying to say in essence is that; "apart from the fact that I am among those that have one of the best results in that department, it pains me that I wasn't able to graduate with the 1st class I had always aimed for. I know that 1st class is not a guarantee to rate one's intelligence or a platform for success in life, but the truth is that those lectures would deliberately commit suicide than give you that 1st class you deserve. Heaven knows I ain't the only one complaining about this, other few intelligent coursemates of mine are also IN THE BOOK OF LAMENTATIONS!!!
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by sulaimon22: 9:46am On May 01, 2018
op we are in the same shoes, I also studied political science and sincerely i must say its hell. buh I still manage to graduate with a 2.1 grade.

I tink lecturers Taking political science in all Nigerian Universities are just like dat.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by mirabeldesmond(f): 9:47am On May 01, 2018
also do not study sociology in uni kettle they are the worst of it all. leading their students astray and even after writing exams u cannot see ur own result. I saw Dr. Peterside in town yesterday and I no give am face.....I'm over with your shi t

1 Like

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by gustav25: 9:50am On May 01, 2018
Paulloveiheoma:
lols. does this implies that the department of POL/ADM STUDIES is actually the sane thing in all Nigerian tertiary institutions.
A very popular lecturer in the dept of political science imsu has this slogan " A is for God ,B is for me ,C is for you ,hustle for your D and E "...that's my story
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by gustav25: 9:55am On May 01, 2018
sulaimon22:
op we are in the same shoes, I also studied political science and sincerely i must say its hell. buh I still manage to graduate with a 2.1 grade.

I tink lecturers Taking political science in all Nigerian Universities are just like dat.
I had hopes of a 2.1 until I saw a 300level result on data analysis ( sampling and shit that I supplied for those around me ). I literally killed the questions individually but on the exam records ,I saw an E and those I supplies had As and Bs . Did I tell you it was a 3 unit course ? That was the end of 2.1for me

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Nobody: 9:55am On May 01, 2018
That's the course I applied for in my school, today am grateful they gave me another course, I realized later the uselessness of political science which is why I didn't pick change of course form.
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by BabangidaHamza(m): 9:55am On May 01, 2018
Paulloveiheoma:
lols, see goodluck!!! in our case, A is for God, B is for the Lecturers, C is if they feel helping you out based on the condition that you went to their office to beg & D is for the most intelligent & I.T.K students. (in pidgin; honestly, e get people wey get natural gift for wickedness. even devil sef dey learn).
if devil dey learn wickedness from you, your own don finish? Why is it that some naija lectures are naturally wicked? Just because you saw your student go graduate with beta grade pass you, u go dey envy am..
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by CarlosTheJackal: 9:56am On May 01, 2018
lalasticlala:
Our own lecturer told us "A is For God, B is for Him, C is for the most intelligent". Yet his courses were the simplest in Pol SC. Department
So you never made A nor B is your courses and you got the job of a Super Mod.

Lala you are a testimony that village people can fail even when they stay all night planning with different types of snake

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Mires: 9:57am On May 01, 2018
mebad:
Op, don’t even get me started talking about Alapiki. I also finished from that dept and school and can testify to the things you said

Young man, prof Alapiki is an upright man. You know that. It takes smart students to understand what he expects from a student.
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by MRAKBEE(m): 9:57am On May 01, 2018
Wisebird22:
also ask students of political science in the university of calaber,if u hear dia version bro u will know that no matter the club you support, u are a liverpool fan acedemically=you shall not walk alone.
Apparently..
Passed tru hell in that department
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by fergie001: 9:57am On May 01, 2018
Political science?
Have a friend during my PG days @ UI,a political science roommate came fuming in one day,
He did his project somewhere around inter relations topic and all that,Benin Republic to be precise,came back,told his supervisor...the supervisor even sometimes go to the extent of asking him to go pick his children from school,pay money in bank,buy him food,etc...
After defence,the man told all his students that he did his best for them grade-wise,the guy was happy say na 7 or e bad as e bad 6.........2weeks after defence,all the man's students had 3points,himself inclusive..
He was mad.......infact,my brother in the Lord used all the F-words I have never heard him utter before...
Such is life,op....just move on ahead ahead,Oluwa on guard...
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by eleojo23: 9:59am On May 01, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
So you never made A nor B is your courses and you got the job of a Super Mod.

Lala you are a testimony that village people can fail even when they stay all night planning with different types of snake

He was referring to only one of his lecturers.
Not all of them

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Paulloveiheoma(m): 10:01am On May 01, 2018
Mires:
This won't help you. You informed us that both teaching and non-teaching staff of a department are sadists because you couldn't make first class.

1. Do you know what it takes to make First Class grade when you don't know that staff is not pluralised as you presented before us.

2. Stop consoling yourself on your inability to graduate with First Class; that's if at all you made 2.1

3. No department in the University has ever denied any student who deserves First class from being celebrated. A typical example of this is the department of History and International Relations, Ui where some graduates like you from the department have said it before me, "The department doesn't award First Class". They were proved wrong last year when the department awarded First Class to a deserving graduate after 58 years of inception.

4. Does First Class guarantees success in life? Haven't you seen or heard of third class employing First Class?
I believe you have a very high INTELLIGENCE QUOTIENT, so feel free to use it & understand the message I'm trying to pass across. Do you know how many past & present students of dept of POL/ADM STUDIES in UNIPORT that are complaining about this same issue? Is it because I came out in a public forum like nairaland to voice it out!!! It's not even about the issue of 1st class but the way the heartless lecturers go about it. when they normally do convocations in UNIPORT, almost all departments do dish out 1st class students & thereabout. It's not as if there ain't wicked lecturers in other depts, but the ones in my dept are way worse than the devil. Producing a 2nd Class Upper graduate is WW1, not to talk of a 1st Class holder. (dem no born dat person well). You write an exam & end up getting B or C, you feel bad cox you know u deserve way more than that. You see your other coursemate who had an A in that same course & HE/SHE would boldly tell you that you ain't serious, if not you would have followed the right process to get an A. how will you feel then? you struggled to get a B or C & someone would FOLLOW THROUGH THE BACK DOOR to go get an A. (if na you, u no go vex). there are other areas that the lecturers are displaying unnecessary wickedness, but time wouldn't allow me to talk about, not to talk of the non-academic staffs. Their own matter would be discussed after rapture.
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by sulaimon22: 10:01am On May 01, 2018
gustav25:
I had hopes of a 2.1 until I saw a 300level result on data analysis ( sampling and shit that I supplied for those around me ). I literally killed the questions individually but on the exam records ,I saw an E and those I supplies had As and Bs . Did I tell you it was a 3 unit course ? That was the end of 2.1for me

Eeyah, I don't even like calculations back den, buh data Analysis was bae, even thou I scored "B", Buh the sincere truth this days his Nigerian certificate does not really worth it without connection
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Paulloveiheoma(m): 10:04am On May 01, 2018
mebad:
Op, don’t even get me started talking about Alapiki. I also finished from that dept and school and can testify to the things you said
So you know Henry Akapiki & Co. God bless you for being my witness!!!
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by oladele00(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2018
Na so one stupid lecturer dey threatening me back then at aaua... But the day I slappped him, His lost brain came back to him.

Bad people everywhere
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by LegDoLand: 10:10am On May 01, 2018
Paulloveiheoma:
TBH with everyone reading this post, I'll forever regret ever reading POL/ADM STUDIES at the university of port Harcourt. I just wasted 4 years for nothing, coupled with all the school fees I paid. I have no issue with the school itself, even though sometimes, the Vice Chancellor tends to misbehave by implementing unfavourable & devilish policies (UNIPORT students can testify to this), but you see the department, heaven alone knows what name I should give it.

A department that doesn't give students what they deserve & unnecessarily punish them for no good reason. I can boldly say anyday, anytime that the academic & non-academic staffs of the department of political & administrative students are beasts in human disguise.

I know that it's a norm for lecturers to be extremely strict & hard on students in tertiary institutions, but dear, that of POL/ADM studies in UNIPORT is beyond wickedness.

A department where the lecturers would boldly tell you to your face that since they didn't graduate with first class, then it's highly impossible for them to give it to you. I can mention all their names but let me just respect myself.

If you think I'm doing this for attention, then kindly ask anyone you know that has ever studied POL/ADM at UNIPORT, if the person gives you a reply contradicting what I just wrote here, feel free to come back & QUOTE ME, lay a curse on Me & also call me a BLOOD LIAR!!!

God knows I am telling y'all the truth cause I almost risked my life trying to get the best grades in a non-deserving department.

Feel free to say what you want to about Me, but I'll say this; IF I HAD READ A DIFFERENT COURSE, I WOULD HAVE GRADUATED WITH A 1st CLASS. My course mates who are close to Me can bear witness.

In pidgin; no bi me sabi something pass sha, but at least, I follow for those wey dey try in terms of academic performance. I can go on & all to give 1001 reasons why the department is a den of evil & heartless staffs but let me stop here.

"In SUMMARY, I AM BEGGING NAIRALANDERS & GUESTS IN THE NAME OF GOD, PLEASE & PLEASE, DO NOT EVER ALLOW ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU OR ANYBODY THAT YOU LOVE TO GO & READ POLITICAL & ADMINISTRATIVE STUDIES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT. IF AFTER READING THIS POST & YOU DO SO, THEN YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT FROM THE DEVIL".

(May God Almighty help us all & never allow us to make decisions in life that we would end up regretting; AMEN!!!)

Well, all i see here is an alibi, a reference point, an excuse, a reason for you not to have made a first class, or at least being the best you could have been.

First, you should understand that a First Class grade is a aggregation of all the grade points you made from 1st year to final year, and not dependent on just one lecturer or a few lecturers.

Let us do a little throwback:

In your first year, you did general courses which were taught to you by lecturers from different departments and even faculties. Now, judging by your conclusion of your departmental lecturers being the most wicked in your school who will never give you what you deserve, you should have started bagging your As from your first year.

Even in your second year when your specialization increased, you at least had 20-30% courses taught by non-departmental lecturers. That was also an opportunity to make your As

Let us excuse your third and final years under the assumption that you were taught entirely by lecturers in your department.

Even at that, if you had done excellently and are deserving of an A, the worst they would do would be to give you a B, which i am sure wont have significant effect in your CGP if you had maintained an excellent record in your first and second year. A first class will still have been possible.

Secondly, you should understand that the traits your lecturers exhibit are not specific to them alone. Nigerian universities are riddled with a lot of them. So, its a general issue.

Finally, my main point is, dont be obsessed with making a first class. It is not entirely an indication of being a brilliant student/graduate. I recently helped a "first class graduate" write an application for Masters admission and left me wondering. Your main concern should be to be the best you can be and not the definition of a certificate score.

- LegDoLand...give your feet a treat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by freedomchild: 10:11am On May 01, 2018
omocalabar:
I graduated from University of uyo same course...the current HOD use to make similar statement saying as a student in the same Dept and same school, he was denied first class and he will make sure no one gets it...so bro, just move on...I can't count how many courses that lecturers deliberately gave me bad grades, but ve moved on, pls do the same
University of Uyo have saddist lecturers who are mostly Akwaibomites, but I'm happy I graduated with good grade with the help of visiting and non indigenous lecturers
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Paulloveiheoma(m): 10:11am On May 01, 2018
Mires:

Young man, prof Alapiki is an upright man. You know that. It takes smart students to understand what he expects from a student.
I don't just know what to say to you, cause Heaven knows you're definitely ignorant of what you just said. Let me just tell you this; "I once had an A & B in two of Prof. Henry Alapiki's course. those are the two highest grades I've gotten in his courses. Other ones I had were C & so on. BUT, that doesn't change the fact that PROF. HENRY ALAPIKI IS NEVER AN UPRIGHT MAN. not even when I'm daydreaming.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by deafeyez: 10:12am On May 01, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
Lol...

Other might be afraid to tell you what I am about to tell you now!

You are so fvcked if you don't have any of the three listed things below.

1) Connection

2) Rich parents

3) Skills.

You are so fvcked... I advise you to find a place and go empower yourself with in demand skills... If not, it would be a long ride home!

And what are these skills.
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by dannylink: 10:13am On May 01, 2018
Political science is too had in our university. You ll go to the library and get all the necessary material, collect extra sheet in the exam they ll still frustrate you with C. The good thing is that such grade wont determine ur success in life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Rose Okeke: I Won The James Currey Prize 2022, Yet Hundeyin Got The Fellowship / JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.