Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. (26264 Views)

Video Of A Lecturer Sexually Harassing A Student Released By RSUTV - UNIPORT / I Regret Going To The University / Unilag studies thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Mires: 1:02pm On May 02, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
well I think we shd look at this logically which is d essence of philosophy nd logic we did at gst or gss as d case may be..... Perhaps u are rite dat sm ist class or 2.1 can't make equivalent in public universities...like a colleague of mine who said a ist class from adeleke couldn't get admission to ui Pol Sci in UI recently...to luk at d issue specifically... Der is individual workability nd we have private universities like covenant and babcock who have standard...pple get third class in covenant... Nd mind u the Society don't care about this process pple go thru to get dis grade who.... I know what I can do if given d opportunity bt u got to realize we are competing with guys from different terrain.... I read here on nairaland wer a graduate from novena university went to uk ND came out tops she was retained...so ur argument as to private schools nt up to standard is hasty generalisation........ The bottom line is this private schools has the requisite environs for learning and mentoring....i ll be stupid if I have much money nd send my wards to public schools except things change...... As for academics when the dust settles I ll kip working and go to open university......for msc even PhD if nt for anything self fulfilment nd d love for scholarship....now dat am into security...lets see hw it goes except a miracle happens I ll continue in Pol Sci...man is not younger any more nd education needs money which I don't have....the training I have got can See Me thru to d next level...while I hope for better opportunity

You are getting the whole issue twisted. Neither you nor your colleague can explain why a First Class from Adeleke University couldn't secure admission into Ui MSc. It might not be that the dude isn't intelligent. As an insider, I can authoritatively inform you that several factors are looked into. One, it could be that the dude in question couldn't passed the screening exam. I don't look at it at that instance but after being admitted.

Have you ever seen or heard of anyone who graduates from Nigerian universities and doesn't excel or top his/her class at UK? It's not possible. Reason being that our system might not give us the vest but it brings out the best in us.

Ha! Baba Iyabo university! Open university! Mbanu

Oluwa blessed the work of your hands.
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by HigherEd: 5:15pm On May 02, 2018
Mires:

You are getting the whole issue twisted. Neither you nor your colleague can explain why a First Class from Adeleke University couldn't secure admission into Ui MSc. It might not be that the dude isn't intelligent. As an insider, I can authoritatively inform you that several factors are looked into. One, it could be that the dude in question couldn't passed the screening exam. I don't look at it at that instance but after being admitted.

Have you ever seen or heard of anyone who graduates from Nigerian universities and doesn't excel or top his/her class at UK? It's not possible. Reason being that our system might not give us the vest but it brings out the best in us.

Ogbeni A Covenant University graduate who didn't go through all the nonsense in public universities in Nigeria went to Insead and became the best student overall. Mind you she never graduated bes overall in Covenant.

Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Clementz0(m): 6:44pm On May 02, 2018
Paulloveiheoma:
amen!!! God bless you bro. I also wish you unlimited & undeserved success in life. God bless you once more.
Amen And Amen.
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by budusky05(m): 7:22am On May 03, 2018
daveP:
Your first question is just unneccesary and misplaced. Is that the question you'll be asking a jambite in Nigeria by this time of an era? we know the desperate to get admission trumps all reasoning first. someone writes jamb for 5times and gets admitted to a school that he didn't think would give him admission. what would you call that.

Thank god ur asking and explaining urself, that ur desperate why not go and school at far east northern Nigeria. There she is sure of 2.1
Why should you write jamb 5 times if ur 2.1 material?
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by daveP(m): 12:55pm On May 03, 2018
budusky05:

Thank god ur asking and explaining urself, that ur desperate why not go and school at far east northern Nigeria. There she is sure of 2.1
Why should you write jamb 5 times if ur 2.1 material?
Put a logical twist to admission brouhaha in Nigeria, and you'll be far off the point. Park well of you wana go down that lane. I know the lane well, but it's not working....
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:54pm On May 03, 2018
Mires:

the guy from adeleke university couldn't scale d dept screening...wer questions are from ur field....thats to Tel u our system got issues....sinxe graduates do well wen d go to d shores of other countries...oga open university is good to go enough of d stigma sm of u guys attached...perhaps if I had opted for open university since I shd have gotten my masters now....
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Mires: 4:01pm On May 05, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
the guy from adeleke university couldn't scale d dept screening...wer questions are from ur field....thats to Tel u our system got issues....sinxe graduates do well wen d go to d shores of other countries...oga open university is good to go enough of d stigma sm of u guys attached...perhaps if I had opted for open university since I shd have gotten my masters now....

The reason why graduates do well on getting outside is because our system is demanding in all aspect of life. Hence, once they assert similar effort, they tend to do exceedingly well. Remember we are blacks. We don't like getting things easily. It is in our nature.

Open University, you can join Papa Iyabo to bagged PhD there but I hope you have the connection. Lol
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 05, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
Picture�. of your As & Bs or Adonbelivit.

which school did you graduate from?

guy im angry with you for promoting the killing of Python. I'm not a religious person but I'm still studying to know why that Python or Eke doesn't hurt anyone in my village

A friend was telling me this today and also said snakes are not to be killed in that village but I kept arguing that it's bullshit. Are you sure pythons don't harm peeps in you village? Where is your village please?
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by CarlosTheJackal: 5:46pm On May 05, 2018
writerights:

A friend was telling me this today and also said snakes are not to be killed in that village but I kept arguing that it's bullshit. Are you sure pythons don't harm peeps in you village? Where is your village please?
I can't tell you in a public forum but I'm from An am bra state. Pythons are friends and I've held python numerous times with my bare hands.

I'm still thinking of the nature theory that makes those animals not to be a threat to us
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 05, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
I can't tell you in a public forum but I'm from An am bra state. Pythons are friends and I've held python numerous times with my bare hands.

I'm still thinking of the nature theory that makes those animals not to be a threat to us

This is mystery and I'd like to see for myself. Is it also true you don't kill pythons and is the theory only applicable in your village or pythons don't still get to harm you outside you village?
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by CarlosTheJackal: 5:59pm On May 05, 2018
writerights:

This is mystery and I'd like to see for myself. Is it also true you don't kill pythons and is the theory only applicable in your village or pythons don't still get to harm you outside you village?
We don't kill python in my village and if you kill it knowingly then you are liable to bury it like a human.

Anywhere i see python, i still have that same feeling of care for it.

Remember they are all animals but our beliefs made us term them evil whereas mosquitoes kill ten times as much as snake
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Horlami3370: 1:05am On May 06, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
We don't kill python in my village and if you kill it knowingly then you are liable to bury it like a human.

Anywhere i see python, i still have that same feeling of care for it.

Remember they are all animals but our beliefs made us term them evil whereas [s] mosquitoes kill ten times as much as snake[/s]
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Bianda24: 3:35am On May 06, 2018
Different strokes to different folks. "Academic life in Our Ivory Tower is stressful. My lecturer refused to give me A, I deserve more than the grade given to me". All these bemoanings are baseless because if you deserve "A or B" for example why won't a lecturer give it to you even if he does not like your face. As a matter of fact, the last time I checked, you still don't write your name on the answer booklet but your matriculation number while doing exams or C. A.
If you are good, you are good. I am not sounding pompous please. I did not make a first class, 2.1 neither did I make 2.2. There is no shame in it. They gave me what I merit and I am okay.

Well, you have got what they gave you, try and turn it to something worthwhile.
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Flamezzz: 10:57pm On May 06, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

No probs. You have my email?
No need sending PMs. I can't reply.
broadwaymarketingconsults@gmail.com
Bro good evening, you just ignored me hands down
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:15pm On May 07, 2018
Mires:

The reason why graduates do well on getting outside is because our system is demanding in all aspect of life. Hence, once they assert similar effort, they tend to do exceedingly well. Remember we are blacks. We don't like getting things easily. It is in our nature.

Open University, you can join Papa Iyabo to bagged PhD there but I hope you have the connection. Lol
dats d issue we are blacks making us create useless system that stifle pple that could have been better.... If I work I go for a flexible system like open university.... As long as I get due things am ok...moreover I no want sadist wahala.....
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 18, 2019
only course that's worth reading there is prostititionn, should have studied that in uniport, guaranteed 100 percent return on investment.
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Chinox2020: 1:02am On Feb 12, 2020
omocalabar:
I graduated from University of uyo same course...the current HOD use to make similar statement saying as a student in the same Dept and same school, he was denied first class and he will make sure no one gets it...so bro, just move on...I can't count how many courses that lecturers deliberately gave me bad grades, but ve moved on, pls do the same

Are you serious? And I'm considering getting a second degree in sane school and same course
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by Danoxford(m): 1:05am On Feb 12, 2020
Hey dear,
If you're a student then you might need this..
I'm Danoxford. You'd be enjoying all of these via my status:
�Motivations � Literary genres ( Poems, prose, short stories etc) �Interviews �Health tips �Business tips � Information (Do you know?) ✨ Platform for talents & solved past questions, employment opportunities free online tutorial and lots more.
Click https:///2348107880409?text=Hello+Danoxford.+I+would+love+to+join+your+hub.+I+am
Re: I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. by omocalabar(m): 8:17am On Feb 12, 2020
Chinox2020:

Are you serious? And I'm considering getting a second degree in sane school and same course
dont be discouraged, its almost the same story in all public universities in the country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi(U.A.M)2015/2016 >2016/2017 Aspirants. / Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Rose Okeke: I Won The James Currey Prize 2022, Yet Hundeyin Got The Fellowship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.