Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

The Wait!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Wait!!! (3878 Views)

If A Woman Makes You Wait For Months Her Pussy Isn’t Worth The Wait. / "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old / Should I Tell Her To Wait For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 12:19pm On May 01, 2018
This was created for people who have decided to take the bold step in life to be celibate and decide to wait for their God-ordained Partner. This is simply to encourage ourselves and discuss challenges if possible, who knows you can meet your Prince Charming here who is also waiting wink BUT first, let us have a heart-to-heart talk about your waiting experience... Married People who waited, you are also free to advise us as well, and how "waiting" has helped you and is still helping you in your marriage life.

This is for single People that have Decided to WAIT, to be CELIBATE, To delay Sex till after Marriage. It is Not Easy but it's definitely worth it, Happy Workers Day!

3 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 12:34pm On May 01, 2018
I have been through some toxic relationships and it has been terrible I'd say, I can't even start to tell it all here, but it got too tiring that I decided to let Jesus Take the Wheel, I am tired of Trying to work it out by Myself so I decided to do it God's Way this time.

For the Meantime, I'm working on myself while waiting for HIM... Focusing on My career, Spiritual life and Physical life for the main time and it has been nothing but Joy! Being A Good Person is not enough, sometimes we wish for that Godfearing person when we ourselves have not been Godfearing with our decisions. No Godfearing Person will ask for Sex before Marriage except her/his faith is shaking and dats not the person God wants to link us with.

God won't leave you guessing. He will send you signs that it's time to slow down, quiet your mind, and work on yourself while he labors on your behalf but the choice is up to you.

Below are some of the Signs God wants You to WAIT!
1) A breakup
2) Physical or mental or emotional exhaustion
3) Negative or hurtful people leaving your life
4) The feeling of being lost or purposeless
5) An opportunity to go on a long trip or retreat
6) The awareness that you have been repeating the same relationship mistakes for years
7) Persistent frustration and lack of peace

Not All God Signs are enjoyable,some of them are unpleasant and painful but it's definitely worth it.

3 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by babz007(m): 4:26pm On May 01, 2018
i am tired of waiting, i am just lost
Re: The Wait!!! by roarik(f): 4:33pm On May 01, 2018
bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 6:32pm On May 01, 2018
babz007:
i am tired of waiting, i am just lost

My dear, don't be tired of waiting.... one of the reasons why u cld be tired is that u are not letting God help you, have faith in God that the right person is just by the corner. I understand it's quite difficult but it is the best. Meanwhile, while u are waiting, don't forget to look for a job, that is if u are done with school, if u have a job already, look for raises or switch to better job opportunities, dress up nicely and take yourself out, hang out with healthy friends who are also practicing waiting, I have a girl friend and we are both practicing the wait, we can create a Watsapp group and give u tips on how to feel good about yourself while waiting. Don't give up, this is the time to discover your self so that when the Lady comes, she will be swept off her feet by the outstanding Man u have become.

4 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 6:35pm On May 01, 2018
roarik:
bitter truth.

Thanks dear, u can also feel free to share anything that will be of help to people reading this. Who knows? Your Post Might save someone from a toxic relationship or better still inspire someone as well kiss
Re: The Wait!!! by garryi: 9:09pm On May 01, 2018
Yes its definitely worth the wait. I believe so many destinies have been slaughtered on the altar of premarital sex. Some have sold their birthright for a 3 minute sexual encounter. One of the ways to escape the trap of premarital sex is to be preoccupied with positive stuffs like hanging out with people of same mind cos iron sharpens iron. Another thing is to get busy. Again one should be careful with the kind of stuff we take in. The 2 most important gates to our mind are the eyes and ears. What we see and hear should be duly scrutinised. Therefore we must be careful with the kind of books we read, the movies we watch etc.

6 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 9:57pm On May 01, 2018
garryi:
Yes its definitely worth the wait. I believe so many destinies have been slaughtered on the altar of premarital sex. Some have sold their birthright for a 3 minute sexual encounter. One of the ways to escape the trap of premarital sex is to be preoccupied with positive stuffs like hanging out with people of same mind cos iron sharpens iron. Another thing is to get busy. Again one should be careful with the kind of stuff we take in. The 2 most important gates to our mind are the eyes and ears. What we see and hear should be duly scrutinised. Therefore we must be careful with the kind of books we read, the movies we watch etc.

Thank You but I think we need a lot of role models who has stuck to this routine and it worked for them, to come out and testify because I strongly believe why most people run away from it is because of Fear! If I do this, the guy might leave me and i won't see anyone else but little did they know that a man that says he loves you will never leave you even when you tell him to, you will still see him running bak to you! Same case for the Males too with a female partner

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by garryi: 11:57pm On May 01, 2018
itsmeurLady:

Thank You but I think we need a lot of role models who has stuck to this routine and it worked for them, to come out and testify because I strongly believe why most people run away from it is because of Fear! If I do this, the guy might leave me and i won't see anyone else but little did they know that a man that says he loves you will never leave you even when you tell him to, you will still see him running bak to you! Same case for the Males too with a female partner

It is working for me and i believe it can work for any other person.

3 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 3:53pm On May 02, 2018
garryi:

It is working for me and i believe it can work for any other person.

This is Nice! Thank u garryi
Re: The Wait!!! by 49cents(m): 8:15pm On May 21, 2018
garryi:

Celibacy can be hard or easy depending on how you approach it. It's similar to diet. Some diet for days and weeks without understanding what they are doing.....they are missing their junk food....so one day they snack a little here and then they go back to their ways....

While others diet with a change of lifestyle mentality.....they enjoy the new life they have embraced. They are creative with how to deal with the cravings....
They engage themselves in denial because they realise the goal and goodness of the new healthy lifestyle

Chastity is a lifestyle, it is the lifestyle of the new man and new woman. It is not about denial of self of pleasure but a saying yes to the true nature of our being.

When I discovered myslef and do not reduce myself to the instinctivel state of existence, I will naturally will not reduce my partner or the other person to n object of sexual gratification.

In essence continuous education is crucial than a stoic attitude to premarital sex

4 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by Archangel15: 8:19pm On May 21, 2018
There are 7 billion people in this world, why wait?
Re: The Wait!!! by SoapQueen(f): 9:25pm On May 21, 2018
itsmeurLady:
This was created for people who have decided to take the bold step in life to be celibate and decide to wait for their God-ordained Partner. This is simply to encourage ourselves and discuss challenges if possible, who knows you can meet your Prince Charming here who is also waiting wink BUT first, let us have a heart-to-heart talk about your waiting experience... Married People who waited, you are also free to advise us as well, and how "waiting" has helped you and is still helping you in your marriage life.

This is for single People that have Decided to WAIT, to be CELIBATE, To delay Sex till after Marriage. It is Not Easy but it's definitely worth it, Happy Workers Day!

Yeah. Sometimes you might get really lonely but it is very worth it. I have been off intimacy for months, prior to the last time, it was years ago. I actually wanted to commit to someone I met recently, thankfully, it didn't work out.

I am happy I keep a clean system. No alcohol, no cigarettes, no drugs, no intercourse.

I am so very grateful.

2 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 9:56pm On May 21, 2018
SoapQueen:

Yeah. Sometimes you might get really lonely but it is very worth it. I have been off intimacy for months, prior to the last time, it was years ago. I actually wanted to commit to someone I met recently, thankfully, it didn't work out.

I am happy I keep a clean system. No alcohol, no cigarettes, no drugs, no intercourse.

I am so very grateful.

Oh really dear? That's wonderful but I'm interested in this gist... y didn't it work out? Was it because u were not ready to put sex on the menu or he didn't really love you in the first place ... I am waiting as well, it has been tough but so far it's worth it
Re: The Wait!!! by SoapQueen(f): 10:00pm On May 21, 2018
itsmeurLady:

Oh really dear? That's wonderful but I'm interested in this gist... y didn't it work out? Was it because u were not ready to put sex on the menu or he didn't really love you in the first place ... I am waiting as well, it has been tough but so far it's worth it

He is a pretender and a liar. Quite a cruel person too.

It's okay to hang out, right? Like attend some cool parties too? My friends are of the opinion that I stop being introverted.

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 10:07pm On May 21, 2018
Archangel15:
There are 7 billion people in this world, why wait?

Except u don't want to sleep with the 7billion people, I think it's worth the wait. Waiting enables you to understand/know your partner even more.

Waiting builds trust and confidence in your spouse

Waiting gives you the best of all potential partners

Waiting gives you enough space to focus on your personal life and be productive and not be a liability

Waiting boosts your self esteem

Waiting grows your relationship with God... the greatest reason why most of our young ones don't serve God fully is because of Sex and Sex hinders relationship with God since it's A Sin and then you don't get all of God's best

In summary, Waiting gives you an Advantage!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 10:18pm On May 21, 2018
SoapQueen:

He is a pretender and a liar. Quite a cruel person too.

It's okay to hang out, right? Like attend some cool parties too? My friends are of the opinion that I stop being introverted.

Aww dear, Sorry about that... if u had had sex with him, u wld have been blinded to his lying and cruel ways but thank God, Waiting helped you to discover his true self.

I am an introvert as well but I can be an extrovert when I want to but I am more of the former (Introvert)... being an introvert has its ups and downs, people will call u boring sometimes but u shld know that for everything u do, there is a reason why u do what u do. It's either you are avoiding parties in order not to be too carried away or maybe u just need space to focus on more important things.
Going to cool parties doesn't hurt! You can hang out with friends and have some fun but never forget to raise the bar (set limits and standards) for yourself. I am a badass but I know when to put limits to my naughtiness, so I think that's basically it. Be You, Have Fun, Dress Good U'd find som1 that will eventually fall madly in love with you and will be willing to wait

Since I came across this quote, my life has never remained the same. I'm now even more confident waiting

"Never be too Afraid to lose A Man, because A Man that truly Loves you will not go anywhere" - Steve Harvey

4 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 10:20pm On May 21, 2018
49cents:

Celibacy can be hard or easy depending on how you approach it. It's similar to diet. Some diet for days and weeks without understanding what they are doing.....they are missing their junk food....so one day they snack a little here and then they go back to their ways....

While others diet with a change of lifestyle mentality.....they enjoy the new life they have embraced. They are creative with how to deal with the cravings....
They engage themselves in denial because they realise the goal and goodness of the new healthy lifestyle

Chastity is a lifestyle, it is the lifestyle of the new man and new woman. It is not about denial of self of pleasure but a saying yes to the true nature of our being.

When I discovered myslef and do not reduce myself to the instinctivel state of existence, I will naturally will not reduce my partner or the other person to n object of sexual gratification.

In essence continuous education is crucial than a stoic attitude to premarital sex

Oga u ended up confusing me, please can you break this down... simple terms pls, no grammar and BTW, are you waiting too?? Or u are just sharing your opinion
Re: The Wait!!! by SoapQueen(f): 10:33pm On May 21, 2018
itsmeurLady:

Aww dear, Sorry about that... if u had had sex with him, u wld have been blinded to his lying and cruel ways but thank God, Waiting helped you to discover his true self.

I am an introvert as well but I can be an extrovert when I want to but I am more of the former (Introvert)... being an introvert has its ups and downs, people will call u boring sometimes but u shld know that for everything u do, there is a reason why u do what u do. It's either you are avoiding parties in order not to be too carried away or maybe u just need space to focus on more important things.
Going to cool parties doesn't hurt! You can hang out with friends and have some fun but never forget to raise the bar (set limits and standards) for yourself. I am a badass but I know when to put limits to my naughtiness, so I think that's basically it. Be You, Have Fun, Dress Good U'd find som1 that will eventually fall madly in love with you and will be willing to wait

Since I came across this quote, my life has never remained the same. I'm now even more confident waiting

"Never be too Afraid to lose A Man, because A Man that truly Loves you will not go anywhere" - Steve Harvey

Awwww! Hugs! Kickass Badass! Thumbs up to the last post.

I have dates this weekend, and it's going to be like that henceforth. My female friends, toasters, business meets and all.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 10:49pm On May 21, 2018
SoapQueen:

Awwww! Hugs! Kickass Badass! Thumbs up to the last post.

I have dates this weekend, and it's going to be like that henceforth. My female friends, toasters, business meets and all.

Cheers!

Yw dear, keep us posted kiss kiss
Re: The Wait!!! by Apina(m): 10:54pm On May 21, 2018
itsmeurLady:

So you are saying in essence that you are a virgin?

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by folake4u(f): 11:26pm On May 21, 2018
Yeah, it's worth waiting for.

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by 49cents(m): 11:37pm On May 21, 2018
itsmeurLady:

Oga u ended up confusing me, please can you break this down... simple terms pls, no grammar and BTW, are you waiting too?? Or u are just sharing your opinion

Am I waiting? It feels now like being prepared for mission. Mission so that my eventual marraige becomes a witness to the presence of Christ in this world so in need of light and direction.

God seems to use time to equip some of His chosen vessels to accomplish extraordinary things. From Abraham's Isaac to hannah's Samuel to Eilzabeth'sJohn the Baptist.

So rather than looking at the clock I rather look at myself and pay attention to where He would want to perfect in my life for the great work ahead.

Sorry if I couldn't commuinicate clearly in my last post. My point is Chastity is more of saying a Yes to the deepeatu needs of my being than just being ethically consistent.

Thank you for being on this path.
Keep shining

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by Neurotika: 11:42pm On May 21, 2018
These religious folks sef with their salty philosophies. One even said 'so many destinies have been destroyed on the altar of premarital sex'. lol. What does that even mean?

You wanna wait? Fine. Saves the world the potential of you producing some bastards who will overpopulate the planet. But attaching your waiting to some spiritual reward or moral achievement is an enormous load of Bullsshit. Waiting doesn't mean shiit. Best case scenario you end with a dude/lady that is a Virgin like you. So what's the significance of that? Holy kids? Heaven? Mtcheew. Rat race. Seriously grow up.

2 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by tomdon(m): 3:07am On May 22, 2018
Neurotika:
These religious folks sef with their salty philosophies. One even said 'so many destinies have been destroyed on the altar of premarital sex'. lol. What does that even mean?

You wanna wait? Fine. Saves the world the potential of you producing some bastards who will overpopulate the planet. But attaching your waiting to some spiritual reward or moral achievement is an enormous load of Bullsshit. Waiting doesn't mean shiit. Best case scenario you end with a dude/lady that is a Virgin like you. So what's the significance of that? Holy kids? Heaven? Mtcheew. Rat race. Seriously grow up.

Virgin ke??
They're not even virgins oo!
Hehehehehe
If you hear the word celibacy, just be careful
Re: The Wait!!! by tomdon(m): 3:22am On May 22, 2018
I wish all ladies were like my younger sister and others who kept their pride till marriage.
The moment a girl looses that seal, the task become herculean and I wonder what standard they're even protecting again cos from that moment onwards every other thing is deceit.
But thankfully we're in a world where not every man wants a virgin as wife, so you can still hold your head up in dignity cos self esteem is more important for a lady
Re: The Wait!!! by tomdon(m): 3:28am On May 22, 2018
SoapQueen:

I am so very grateful.

Be careful not to fall into the trance of self-righteousness
Congrats on your achievements tho
Re: The Wait!!! by SoapQueen(f): 5:51am On May 22, 2018
tomdon:

Be careful not to fall into the trance of self-righteousness Congrats on your achievements tho
I look the opposite. I have never been sanctimonious. Thanks Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by Brightgem(f): 7:42am On May 22, 2018
itsmeurLady:
I have been through some toxic relationships and it has been terrible I'd say, I can't even start to tell it all here, but it got too tiring that I decided to let Jesus Take the Wheel, I am tired of Trying to work it out by Myself so I decided to do it God's Way this time.

For the Meantime, I'm working on myself while waiting for HIM... Focusing on My career, Spiritual life and Physical life for the main time and it has been nothing but Joy! Being A Good Person is not enough, sometimes we wish for that Godfearing person when we ourselves have not been Godfearing with our decisions. No Godfearing Person will ask for Sex before Marriage except her/his faith is shaking and dats not the person God wants to link us with.

God won't leave you guessing. He will send you signs that it's time to slow down, quiet your mind, and work on yourself while he labors on your behalf but the choice is up to you.

Below are some of the Signs God wants You to WAIT!
1) A breakup
2) Physical or mental or emotional exhaustion
3) Negative or hurtful people leaving your life
4) The feeling of being lost or purposeless
5) An opportunity to go on a long trip or retreat
6) The awareness that you have been repeating the same relationship mistakes for years
7) Persistent frustration and lack of peace

Not All God Signs are enjoyable,some of them are unpleasant and painful but it's definitely worth it.

Very true. I am not a Christian, but yes with faith in God, He will try us through different life events. Some things are not loss, just a redirection for us. Being celibate is actually the best, but I must ask if u are refering to being a virgin completely... Well some of us really hold on strongly to the idea that relationships can work without sex, and u'll meet some who support u on this and others who think its their right to have your body.

1 Like

Re: The Wait!!! by Brightgem(f): 7:51am On May 22, 2018
Neurotika:

Nah, don't do this. Respect the fact that different people have the foundation from which they draw their values, and for some its faith. Fear of a higher power that has told us to abstain from pre-marital sex... so nothing like this religious folks sef, some just want to be morally upright. Respect others reasons...

2 Likes

Re: The Wait!!! by Brightgem(f): 7:55am On May 22, 2018
garryi:
Valid points.
Re: The Wait!!! by Brightgem(f): 8:00am On May 22, 2018
49cents:

When I discovered myslef and do not reduce myself to the instinctively state of existence, I will naturally will not reduce my partner or the other person to n object of sexual gratification.

This is so true, self awareness is paramount, that way celibacy doesnt feel like chore, or a difficult task. It just becomes second nature infact the instinct then becomes to avoid it (sex) , rather than have it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*UPDATED* Just Few Days To Christmas. What Would You Like For Christmass ? / She Has Threatened To Release His Sextapes / Black Man Doesn't Evolve!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.