Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Qur’anic Verse Of The Day - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Qur’anic Verse Of The Day (7785 Views)

Let Ponder Over The Last Verse Of Surah Al Mulk / Post Your Fav Verse Of The Glorious Quran / A Leadership Seminar In One Verse of the Quran by Tbaba1234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 46,

{ قَالَ أَرَاغِبٌ أَنتَ عَنْ آلِهَتِي يٰإِبْرَاهِيمُ لَئِن لَّمْ تَنتَهِ لأَرْجُمَنَّكَ وَٱهْجُرْنِي مَلِيّاً }

He said, ‘Are you renouncing my gods, O Abraham?, so that you are denouncing them [in this way]? If you do not desist, from criticising them, I shall surely assail you, with stones, or with evil words, so beware of me; and stay away from me for a long time’.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 47,

{ قَالَ سَلاَمٌ عَلَيْكَ سَأَسْتَغْفِرُ لَكَ رَبِّيۤ إِنَّهُ كَانَ بِي حَفِيّاً }

He said, ‘Peace be to you, from me — in other words, I shall not cause you any harm. I shall ask forgiveness of my Lord for you. Truly He is ever gracious to me (hafiyyan, from hafiyyun, meaning bārrun, ‘kind’) answering my prayers. And indeed he [Abraham] fulfilled his above-mentioned promise [as described] in [sūrat] al-Shu‘arā’, And forgive my father [Q. 26:86]; but this was before it became clear to him that he [Abraham’s father] was an enemy of God, as mentioned in [sūrat] Barā’a [Q. 9:114].
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 48,

{ وَأَعْتَزِلُكُمْ وَمَا تَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ وَأَدْعُو رَبِّي عَسَىۤ أَلاَّ أَكُونَ بِدُعَآءِ رَبِّي شَقِيّاً }

And I shall shun you and that which you call upon, [that which] you worship, besides God. I will supplicate, I will worship, my Lord — hopefully in calling upon, in worshipping, my Lord I shall not be wretched’, as you have become wretched by your worship of idols.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 49,

{ فَلَمَّا ٱعْتَزَلَهُمْ وَمَا يَعْبُدُونَ مِن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ وَهَبْنَا لَهُ إِسْحَاقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَكُلاًّ جَعَلْنَا نَبِيّاً }

And so after he had shunned them and that which they worshipped besides God, by having set off to the Holy Land, We gave him, two sons for him to find solace in, Isaac and Jacob, and each, of the two, We made a prophet.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 50,

{ وَوَهَبْنَا لَهْم مِّن رَّحْمَتِنَا وَجَعَلْنَا لَهُمْ لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ عَلِيّاً }

And We gave them, all three [of them], out of Our mercy, wealth and offspring, and We assigned for them a worthy repute [one] that is lofty, sublime, namely, [We assigned] fair praise [of them] among all the members of the [Abrahamic] religions
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 51,

{ وَٱذْكُرْ فِي ٱلْكِتَابِ مُوسَىٰ إِنَّهُ كَانَ مُخْلِصاً وَكَانَ رَسُولاً نَّبِيّاً }

(And make mention in the Scripture of Moses) the event of Moses. (Lo! he was chosen) he was protected from disbelief, idolatry and indecency; it is also said that this means according to a different variant: he was chosen for worship and for the proclamation of Allah's divine Oneness, (and he was a messenger (of Allah)) to the Children of Israel, (a prophet) informing on behalf of Allah, Exalted is He.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:09pm On Apr 05, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 52,

{ وَنَادَيْنَاهُ مِن جَانِبِ ٱلطُّورِ ٱلأَيْمَنِ وَقَرَّبْنَاهُ نَجِيّاً }

And We called him — with the words, ‘O Moses! Verily I am God’ [Q. 27:9] — from the right side of the Mount (al-Tūr, is [actually] the name of a mountain) that is, [from the side] to the right of Moses as he was approaching [the Mount] from Midian; and We brought him near in communion, as God, exalted be He, made him hear His speech.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 53,

{ وَنَادَيْنَاهُ مِن جَانِبِ ٱلطُّورِ ٱلأَيْمَنِ وَقَرَّبْنَاهُ نَجِيّاً }

And We called him — with the words, ‘O Moses! Verily I am God’ [Q. 27:9] — from the right side of the Mount (al-Tūr, is [actually] the name of a mountain) that is, [from the side] to the right of Moses as he was approaching [the Mount] from Midian; and We brought him near in communion, as God, exalted be He, made him hear His speech.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 7:00pm On May 03, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 54,

{ وَٱذْكُرْ فِي ٱلْكِتَابِ إِسْمَاعِيلَ إِنَّهُ كَانَ صَادِقَ ٱلْوَعْدِ وَكَانَ رَسُولاً نَّبِيّاً }

And mention in the Book Ishmael. Indeed he was true to his promise — he never promised anything which he did not fulfil; he [once] waited for three days for someone whom he had promised [to meet]; or [it is said that he waited] an entire year until that person [finally] returned to the place in which he [Ishamel] was [supposed to have met the former]; and he was a messenger, to [the tribe of] Jurhum, a prophet [likewise].
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 8:20am On May 10, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 55,

{ وَكَانَ يَأْمُرُ أَهْلَهُ بِٱلصَّـلاَةِ وَٱلزَّكَـاةِ وَكَانَ عِندَ رَبِّهِ مَرْضِيّاً }

He used to enjoin upon his kinsfolk, that is, his people, prayer and the [payment of] alms, and he was pleasing to his Lord (mardiyyan, ‘pleasing’, is actually marduwwun, but both wāw letters have been changed to two yā’ letters, while the kasra vowel [has also been changed to] a damma vowel).
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by 123jml: 5:30pm On May 10, 2011
Jazakallah Khairan!
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by fadhill: 6:20pm On May 10, 2011
if this(quran) is reveal from other than allah, you would have found in it croockedness abound.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:00pm On May 13, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 56,

And mention in the Book Idrīs, who was Noah’s great-grandfather. Indeed he was a truthful one, a prophet.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 11:19am On May 27, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 57,

{ وَرَفَعْنَاهُ مَكَاناً عَلِيّاً }

And We raised him to a high station — he is alive in the fourth, or sixth, or seventh heaven, or [he is] in Paradise into which he was admitted after he was made to experience death and brought back to life, and he has not exited therefrom.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 58,

{ أُولَـٰئِكَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَنْعَمَ ٱللَّهُ عَلَيْهِم مِّنَ ٱلنَّبِيِّيْنَ مِن ذُرِّيَّةِ ءَادَمَ وَمِمَّنْ حَمَلْنَا مَعَ نُوحٍ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّةِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْرَائِيلَ وَمِمَّنْ هَدَيْنَا وَٱجْتَبَيْنَآ إِذَا تُتْلَىٰ عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتُ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ خَرُّواْ سُجَّداً وَبُكِيّاً }

Those (ūlā’ika is the subject) to whom God has been gracious (alladhīna an‘ama’Llāhu ‘alayhim is an adjectival qualification of it [of the subject]) from among the prophets (mina’l-nabīyyīna, an explication of it [of the subject] functioning like an adjectival qualification in terms of import. That which follows it [mina’l-nabīyyīna, ‘from among the prophets’] up to [where] the conditional sentence begins, constitutes an adjectival qualification of al-nabīyyīna, ‘the prophets’; and so His saying … ) of the seed of Adam, namely, Idrīs, and of those whom We carried with Noah, in the Ark, namely, Abraham — [who is the] son of his [Noah’s] son Shem (Sām) — and of the seed of Abraham, namely, Ishmael, Isaac and Jacob, and, of the seed of, Israel — who is Jacob — namely, Moses, Aaron, Zachariah, John and Jesus, and from among those whom We guided and chose, that is to say, from among their number (the predicate of ūlā’ika, ‘those’, is [the following, idhā tutlā …]) when the signs of the Compassionate One were recited to them, they would fall down prostrating and weeping (these [sujjadan and bukīyyan] constitute the plural [forms] of sājid, ‘prostrate’, and bākin, ‘weeping’ [respectively]) in other words [what is meant is]: be [you] like them (bukiyyun is originally [formed from] bakūyyin, but the wāw is changed into a yā’ and the damma vowel into a kasra).
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 59,

{ فَخَلَفَ مِن بَعْدِهِمْ خَلْفٌ أَضَاعُواْ ٱلصَّلَٰوةَ وَٱتَّبَعُواْ ٱلشَّهَوَٰتِ فَسَوْفَ يَلْقَونَ غَيّاً }

But there succeeded after them a posterity who neglected the prayer, by abandoning [performance of] it, [a posterity] such as the Jews and the Christians, and followed [their] lusts, in the way of acts of disobedience. So they shall [soon] encounter Ghayy — a valley in Hell — that is, they shall fall into it;
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 10:35am On Aug 11, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 60,

{ إِلاَّ مَن تَابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحاً فَأُوْلَـٰئِكَ يَدْخُلُونَ ٱلْجَنَّةَ وَلاَ يُظْلَمُونَ شَيْئاً }

whereas those who repent and believe and act righteously — such shall enter Paradise and shall not be wronged, they shall [not] be diminished, in any way, in their reward;
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 61,

{ جَنَّاتِ عَدْنٍ ٱلَّتِي وَعَدَ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنُ عِبَادَهُ بِٱلْغَيْبِ إِنَّهُ كَانَ وَعْدُهُ مَأْتِيّاً }

[they shall enter] Gardens of Eden, as [a place of] residence (jannāti ‘Adnin, substitutes for al-janna, ‘Paradise’) which the Compassionate One has promised to His servants [a promise] in the Unseen (bi’l-ghaybi, a circumstantial qualifier, in other words [a promise made while] they do not see it). Indeed His promise, that is to say, that which He promises, is ever fulfilled, meaning that it always arrives (the original [form of ma’tiyyan] is ma’tūyun); or [what is meant by] His promise here is Paradise, to which those deserving of it shall arrive.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 62,

{ لاَّ يَسْمَعُونَ فِيهَا لَغْواً إِلاَّ سَلاَماً وَلَهُمْ رِزْقُهُمْ فِيهَا بُكْرَةً وَعَشِيّاً }

Therein they shall not hear anything that is trifling, of talk, but, they shall hear, only [a greeting of] ‘Peace!’, from the angels to them, or from some among them to others. And therein they will have their provision morning and evening, in other words, according to the [equivalent] measure of these two in the [life of this] world, since there is no day or night in Paradise, only everlasting light and illumination.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 9:22am On Dec 09, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 63,

{ تِلْكَ ٱلْجَنَّةُ ٱلَّتِي نُورِثُ مِنْ عِبَادِنَا مَن كَانَ تَقِيّاً }

That is the Paradise which We shall give as inheritance, [which] We shall grant and [in which] We shall lodge, those of Our servants who are God-fearing, through [their] obedience of Him.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 64,

{ وَمَا نَتَنَزَّلُ إِلاَّ بِأَمْرِ رَبِّكَ لَهُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِينَا وَمَا خَلْفَنَا وَمَا بَيْنَ ذٰلِكَ وَمَا كَانَ رَبُّكَ نَسِيّاً }

When the Revelation did not come for a number of days, the Prophet (s) said to Gabriel, ‘What prevents you from visiting us more often than you do?’ and so the following was revealed: And We do not descend except by the commandment of your Lord. To Him belongs all that is before us, namely, ahead of us, of the affairs of the Hereafter, and all that is behind us, of the affairs of this world, and all that is between those [two], namely, all that takes place from this [point in] time until the coming of the Hour, in other words, to Him belongs knowledge of all of those things. And your Lord is never forgetful, meaning that He is never neglectful of you [even] when the Revelation is postponed from [being sent to] you.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 3:12pm On Jan 20, 2012
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 65,

{ رَّبُّ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلأَرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا فَٱعْبُدْهُ وَٱصْطَبِرْ لِعِبَادَتِهِ هَلْ تَعْلَمُ لَهُ سَمِيّاً }

He is, the Lord, the Owner, of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them. So worship Him and be steadfast in His worship, in other words, [continue to] perform it patiently. Do you know [of] anyone who could be His namesake? , [anyone] named with that [same title]? No!
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 66,

{ وَيَقُولُ ٱلإِنسَانُ أَءِذَا مَا مِتُّ لَسَوْفَ أُخْرَجُ حَيّاً }

And man, the denier of the Resurrection — namely, Ubayy b. Khalaf or al-Walīd b. al-Mughīra, concerning whom the verse was revealed — says, ‘When (read a-idha, either pronouncing the second hamza, or not, but inserting an alif between the two [hamzas] in both [readings]) I am dead, shall I then be brought forth alive?’, from the grave, as Muhammad (s) says? (the interrogative [here] statement is meant as a denial, in other words [he means to say] I shall not be brought forth alive after death; mā [of mā mittu, ‘I am dead’] is extra, for emphasis, likewise [extra is] the lām [of la-sawfa, ‘shall I then’]). He [God] then responds to him with the following saying [of His], exalted be He:
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 9:23am On Nov 07, 2012
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 67,

{ أَوَلاَ يَذْكُرُ ٱلإِنسَٰنُ أَنَّا خَلَقْنَاهُ مِن قَبْلُ وَلَمْ يَكُ شَيْئاً }

Does not man then remember (yadhdhakaru, is actually yatadhakkaru, but the tā’ has been changed to a dhāl and assimilated with the [other] dhāl; a variant reading leaves it as yadhkuru) that We created him before, when he was nothing?, and thus infer from the first act [of creation] the [possibility of] resurrection.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 07, 2012
This is a Very Good Thread.

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed very close, ahh I See, I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he call'eth on Me, Let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me, that they may walk in the right direction.

Had We sent down this Qur'ān on a mountain, you would surely have seen it humbling itself and rending asunder by the fear of Allah. Such are the parables which We put forward to mankind that they may reflect.

Good and Evvil can never be Equal. Repel {{evil}} with that which is Better, and see how, then, someone between whom and you was enmity shall become a true friend. Yet none is given Such Goodness except those who are patient~ none is given this but the most fortunate.

My Muslim Brothers, to shall be the Great Royal who sees beyond thee, Only the Wise can See a Shallow Beyond Me, You pray to him, Who ever he may Be, Nothing more than a Foreign Deity~~Alaura-Laura{XII-VII7)

....... cool
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by JallowBah(f): 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
I am married to a muslim, and I just want to follow this thread, and see the quotes.

Have a good day, all of yousmiley

2 Likes

Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 9:10am On Nov 08, 2012
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 68,

{ فَوَرَبِّكَ لَنَحْشُرَنَّهُمْ وَٱلشَّيَاطِينَ ثُمَّ لَنُحْضِرَنَّهُمْ حَوْلَ جَهَنَّمَ جِثِيّاً }

For by your Lord, We will surely gather them, namely, the deniers of the Resurrection, and the devils, that is to say, We shall gather every one of them with his devil [bound together] in a chain; then We shall bring them around Hell, [around] the outside of it, crouching, on their knees ([jithiyyan is] the plural of jāthin, and is originally [formed as] jathawuwwin or jathawiyyun [deriving] from [the verb] jathā, [imperfect tense] yajthu or yajthī, two [variant] forms).
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 9:19am On Nov 09, 2012
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 69,

{ ثُمَّ لَنَنزِعَنَّ مِن كُلِّ شِيعَةٍ أَيُّهُمْ أَشَدُّ عَلَى ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ عِتِيّاً }

Then We shall pluck out from every party, every sect, whichever of them was most hardened in disdain, in insolence, of the Compassionate One.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by siddiq202(m): 11:40am On Nov 10, 2012
Holy Quran, Surah Aal-Imran, Verse 30

The Day every soul will find what it has done of good present [before it] and what it has done of evil, it will wish that between itself and that [evil] was a great distance. And Allah warns you of Himself, and Allah is Kind to [His] servants."
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by snubish: 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2012
siddiq202: Holy Quran, Surah Aal-Imran, Verse 30

The Day every soul will find what it has done of good present [before it] and what it has done of evil, it will wish that between itself and that [evil] was a great distance. And Allah warns you of Himself, and Allah is Kind to [His] servants."
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 70,

{ ثُمَّ لَنَحْنُ أَعْلَمُ بِٱلَّذِينَ هُمْ أَوْلَىٰ بِهَا صِلِيّاً }

Then indeed We shall know best those most deserving of it, most worthy of [being in] Hell, the most hardened of them and others [like them], for the burning, for the admission [into it] and the scorching [therein], and We shall start with them ([siliyyan is] originally [formed as] salawiyyun, from [the verb] saliya or salaya).
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by busar(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2012
O mankind!Remember the Grace of Allah upon you.Is there any creator other than Allah who provides for you from the sky(rain) and the earth?None has the right to be worshipped but He.How then are you turning away (from Him).Fâtir(Q 35) vs 3.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Islamic Way To Raise The Children / Sharafa Gbadebo Is Not A MUSLIM / Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.