Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy (7775 Views)

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy / The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday / Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Lukgaf(m): 8:13am On Sep 29, 2023
There have been controversies surrounding the celebration of the birth of our noble Prophet. Inspired by a post I found online, which was credited to Mufti Menk, I would like also to pose the following questions in the hope that they will help clarify some doubts.

Let's ask ourselves these questions; we don't have to be a Mufti or a Sheikh to know the answers.

Question:

1. The Messenger PBUH lived for 63 years in this world. Did he, for once, celebrate his birthday? NO.

2. The Quran was revealed over a period of 23 years. Did Allah forget to send down a verse instructing the Prophet or Muslims to celebrate the Messenger's birthday? NO.

3. Abu Bakr, Omar, Othman, and Ali were the best of men to ever live after the Prophet. They loved the Prophet more than any other person, dead or alive. Did any of them celebrate the birthday of the Messenger while he was alive or after his passing? NO.

4. Fatima lived for many years during her lifetime. Did she, for once, celebrate the birthday of her father? Do you love the Prophet more than Fatima? NO.

5. Al Hassan and Al Hussain, the two grandchildren of the Messenger, lived for a long time after the demise of their grandfather. Did they, for once, celebrate the birthday of the Prophet? NO.

6. After the Quran, Sahih Bukhari is the most authentic book in Islam, the highest authority concerning the sayings and actions of the Prophet. Did Imam Bukhari ever mention Maulud? NO.

These are simple questions, and the information is not fabricated. You can check any history book or Hadith collection, and you will confirm it.

No one, including the Prophet, celebrated his birthday, and Allah did not instruct anyone to celebrate it. So, who are you to come and tell us that Maulud is prescribed for us? From where did you get this prescription?

Do you love the Messenger more than Allah?

Do you love the Messenger more than his friends (Companions), his daughter, or his grandchildren?

Why are you introducing an act of worship after the Messenger has already said: "This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as a religion." - [Surah Al-Ma'idah | Ayah 3], meaning that Islam is complete. When did you start receiving revelations from Allah?

I will conclude with the hadith of the Prophet: “Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt.” [At-Tirmidhi]

May Allah guide us all and protect us from the whispers of Shaytan.

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by AntiChristian: 8:39am On Sep 29, 2023
Aamin.

May Allah guide us in the right way away from Shirk, bid'a and other sins! Aamin.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by ivolt: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2023
You are looking for MURIC's trouble.
You must be one of those who want to prevent muslims from enjoying
same number of celebrations as christians.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by money121(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2023
Ok
Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by NorthernSerene(m): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2023
Mash'Allah. Jazak-Allah`Khyran. Honestly, this is getting bad by the day, imaging Nigeria declaring every 12 Rabi Awwal to mark the birthday of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Subhanallilah!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Mikyle: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2023
To the celebrants of this said day, pls can you just tell me when exactly is the date of the celebration and why is it been celebrated on different days?

Every innovations in this Deen is always contradictory.

4 Likes

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Rayjnr: 9:50am On Sep 29, 2023
EbolaTinubu:
Confused and contradictory religion tueh

Dont even go there, you and i know where confusion is. Definitely not islam ., Islam is clear on everything with pure evidence.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Cyberise(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2023
happney65:
Islam and copy copy. Celebration wey una no give us food to eat . Na celebration be that or mere copy copy. If you like quote me,I no go answer una

Awon osinwin eniyan. grin grin grin

Brother I hear u loud and clear and I assure u we celebrate maulud and we give reach out to our neighbors irrespective of religion... Also u can drop me ur account number, I will send u something for the sake of our holy prophet.🙏

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by UtuokeAlcoholic: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2023
AntiChristian:
Aamin.

May Allah guide us in the right way away from Shirk, bid'a and other sins! Aamin.
Amin ya akhi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by FitCorper: 10:01am On Sep 29, 2023
grin cheesy grin
Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by DeepSight(m): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2023
Lukgaf:
There have been controversies surrounding the celebration of the birth of our noble Prophet. Inspired by a post I found online, which was credited to Mufti Menk, I would like also to pose the following questions in the hope that they will help clarify some doubts.

Let's ask ourselves these questions; we don't have to be a Mufti or a Sheikh to know the answers.

Question:

1. The Messenger PBUH lived for 63 years in this world. Did he, for once, celebrate his birthday? NO.

2. The Quran was revealed over a period of 23 years. Did Allah forget to send down a verse instructing the Prophet or Muslims to celebrate the Messenger's birthday? NO.

3. Abu Bakr, Omar, Othman, and Ali were the best of men to ever live after the Prophet. They loved the Prophet more than any other person, dead or alive. Did any of them celebrate the birthday of the Messenger while he was alive or after his passing? NO.

4. Fatima lived for many years during her lifetime. Did she, for once, celebrate the birthday of her father? Do you love the Prophet more than Fatima? NO.

5. Al Hassan and Al Hussain, the two grandchildren of the Messenger, lived for a long time after the demise of their grandfather. Did they, for once, celebrate the birthday of the Prophet? NO.

6. After the Quran, Sahih Bukhari is the most authentic book in Islam, the highest authority concerning the sayings and actions of the Prophet. Did Imam Bukhari ever mention Maulud? NO.

These are simple questions, and the information is not fabricated. You can check any history book or Hadith collection, and you will confirm it.

No one, including the Prophet, celebrated his birthday, and Allah did not instruct anyone to celebrate it. So, who are you to come and tell us that Maulud is prescribed for us? From where did you get this prescription?

Do you love the Messenger more than Allah?

Do you love the Messenger more than his friends (Companions), his daughter, or his grandchildren?

Why are you introducing an act of worship after the Messenger has already said: "This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as a religion." - [Surah Al-Ma'idah | Ayah 3], meaning that Islam is complete. When did you start receiving revelations from Allah?

I will conclude with the hadith of the Prophet: “Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt.” [At-Tirmidhi]

May Allah guide us all and protect us from the whispers of Shaytan.

Same with Christianity and Christmas I guess - save that Christmas (and Easter) actually both have pagan origins.

1 Like

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by rattlesnake(m): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2023
Jesus is lord

4 Likes

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Oizee(f): 10:11am On Sep 29, 2023
AntiChristian:
Aamin.

Aameen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Greenfaces: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2023
ivolt:
You are looking for MURIC's trouble.
You must be one of those who want to prevent muslims from enjoying
same number of celebrations as christians.
no. He is telling the truth. Moulud is an innovation. Muslims don't celebrate birthdays

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Greenfaces: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2023
farouk2much:
Who is mufti mek..??
All i wanna say about the s2pid mufti mek is go hug transformer. Coz you can't stop us from celebrating the mawlid.... So mufti you're as useless as who post this post......
just imagine your comment. Think about the loneliness and darkness of the grave and humble yourself.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Greenfaces: 10:15am On Sep 29, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Islam, Christianity, Judaism are mind control programs designed from the Kemetic Traditions of Africa Pantheons of the Isis, Horus and Osiris.

Muslims should understand that the Jesuit invented these religions for mind control and instead of worshipping entities, whose origins are extra-terrestrial, Africans should put such energies into Manufacturing, AI and Robots and fintech.

I don talk my own, or you people can keep hitting your heads for aliens.
nobody ask you. Go to your own farm and harvest your cocoyam

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Padipadi(m): 10:18am On Sep 29, 2023
Rayjnr:

Dont even go there, you and i know where confusion is. Definitely not islam ., Islam is clear on everything with pure evidence.
He has gone there. Spill your worst!
There's contradiction cos it's also history that's subject to imperfection of how it was rendered. The best is to decide on your own if you wanna celebrate Muhammad's birthday or not.
Moreover, it ll be wise if you all reach a consensus with MURIC the busy body agency to know if this holiday should be scrapped or not!
Lukgaf, how are you doing?
Jummah Mubarak.
Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Kukutente23: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2023
I don't get how this makes sense
How do you gauge who loves the prophet more than the other and who or what is the determinant of love for the prophet?
I also see a trend of claiming love for the prophet makes you an authority on what is obtainable in the religion. I wonder how that's logical

2 Likes

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Kukutente23: 10:24am On Sep 29, 2023
happney65:
Islam and copy copy. Celebration wey una no give us food to eat . Na celebration be that or mere copy copy. If you like quote me,I no go answer una

Awon osinwin eniyan. grin grin grin
Be careful o
Don't go and send your acct number to a terrorist looking to haunt you down
Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by reccy(m): 10:33am On Sep 29, 2023
Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy by Saidfx(m): 10:34am On Sep 29, 2023
Meritjoshua:
Shame on you all. You worship arab and european gods and neglect your forefathers religion.
Christian came to nigeria through deception while islam came by force. Never will i subject my self to fairly tales and propaganda.

Subhannallah

Was Orunmila before Prophet Noah(Peace & blessings be upon him)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Qur’anic Verse Of The Day / Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims / Fasting And Fidyah Regarding The Pregnant & Breastfeeding Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.