Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Qur’anic Verse Of The Day - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Qur’anic Verse Of The Day (7786 Views)

Let Ponder Over The Last Verse Of Surah Al Mulk / Post Your Fav Verse Of The Glorious Quran / A Leadership Seminar In One Verse of the Quran by Tbaba1234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 10:09am On Jan 10, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 17,

{ فَٱتَّخَذَتْ مِن دُونِهِم حِجَاباً فَأَرْسَلْنَآ إِلَيْهَآ رُوحَنَا فَتَمَثَّلَ لَهَا بَشَراً سَوِيّاً }

Thus she veiled herself from them, she draped herself in a veil to conceal herself while she washed her hair [from lice], or [washed] her clothes, or cleansed herself from her menses; whereupon We sent to her Our Spirit, Gabriel, and he assumed before her, after she donned her clothes, the likeness of a well-proportioned human, perfect in physical form.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 4:56pm On Jan 11, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 18,

{ قَالَتْ إِنِّيۤ أَعُوذُ بِٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ مِنكَ إِن كُنتَ تَقِيّاً }

She said, ‘Lo! I seek refuge in the Compassionate One from you! If you fear God’, and leave me alone on account of my invocation of refuge in God.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:17pm On Jan 12, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 19,

{ قَالَ إِنَّمَآ أَنَاْ رَسُولُ رَبِّكِ لأَهَبَ لَكِ غُلاَماً زَكِيّاً }

He said, ‘I am only a messenger of your Lord, that I may give you a boy [who shall be] pure’, in [his] prophethood.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 4:38pm On Jan 13, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 20,

{ قَالَتْ أَنَّىٰ يَكُونُ لِي غُلاَمٌ وَلَمْ يَمْسَسْنِي بَشَرٌ وَلَمْ أَكُ بَغِيّاً }

She said, ‘How shall I have a boy when no human being has [ever] touched me, by way of conjugality, neither have I been unchaste?’, [neither have I been] a fornicator.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 21,

{ قَالَ كَذٰلِكَ قَالَ رَبُّكِ هُوَ عَلَيَّ هَيِّنٌ وَلِنَجْعَلَهُ آيَةً لِّلْنَّاسِ وَرَحْمَةً مِّنَّا وَكَانَ أَمْراً مَّقْضِيّاً }

He said, ‘It, the matter in question, of creating a boy from you without a father, shall be so! Your Lord has said: “It is easy for Me, in other words, by Gabriel’s breathing into you, by My command, so that you become pregnant with him — since what has been mentioned is meant as a reason, the following [statement] is added as a supplement thereto: and so that We may make him a sign for mankind, of Our power, and a mercy from Us, to whoever believes in him. And it, the creation of him, is a thing [already] decreed”’, according to My knowledge. So Gabriel breathed into the opening of her shirt, whereupon she sensed the formed foetus in her womb.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by ronkeenuf(f): 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 21,

قَالَ كَذَ‌ٰلِكِ قَالَ رَبُّكِ هُوَ عَلَيَّ هَيِّنٌ ۖ وَلِنَجْعَلَهُ آيَةً لِّلنَّاسِ وَرَحْمَةً مِّنَّا ۚ وَكَانَ أَمْرًا مَّقْضِيًّا ﴿٢١﴾

(21) He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed."
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sister jazakillah khairan for making a great effort and brings alive this thread, however, next time you should have post the next verse rather repeating the posted one already.

Thanks
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 22,

{ فَحَمَلَتْهُ فَٱنْتَبَذَتْ بِهِ مَكَاناً قَصِيّاً }

Thus she conceived him and then withdrew, retreated, with him to a distant place, far from her family.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 8:06am On Jan 19, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 23,

{ فَأَجَآءَهَا ٱلْمَخَاضُ إِلَىٰ جِذْعِ ٱلنَّخْلَةِ قَالَتْ يٰلَيْتَنِي مِتُّ قَبْلَ هَـٰذَا وَكُنتُ نَسْياً مَّنسِيّاً }

And the birth pangs, the pains of childbirth, brought her to the trunk of the palm-tree, that she may support herself against it, and then she gave birth: the conception, formation [of the foetus] and delivery [all] took place within one hour. She said, ‘O (yā is [used] to call attention [to something]) would that I had died before this, affair, and become a forgotten thing, beyond recall!’, a thing abandoned which no one knows or mentions.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 7:41am On Jan 21, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 24,

{ فَنَادَاهَا مِن تَحْتِهَآ أَلاَّ تَحْزَنِي قَدْ جَعَلَ رَبُّكِ تَحْتَكِ سَرِيّاً }

Then he called her from below her, namely, Gabriel — for he was lower than her, ‘Do not grieve. Your Lord has made below you a rivulet, a river of water, which had dried up.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by ifyalways(f): 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2011
Al_An'am 6:95 "Truly it is Allah(swt) who causes the grain and the fruit_kernel to sprout"
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 8:03am On Jan 24, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 25,

{ وَهُزِّىۤ إِلَيْكِ بِجِذْعِ ٱلنَّخْلَةِ تُسَاقِطْ عَلَيْكِ رُطَباً جَنِيّاً }

And shake the trunk of the palm-tree towards you, [a palm-tree] which had withered (the bi- [in bi-jidh‘i’l-nakhlati, ‘the trunk of the palm-tree] is extra) — there will drop (tusāqit, originally this is tatasāqat, but the second tā’ is changed into a sīn and is assimilated with the [second] sīn; a variant reading omits it [the second tā’] altogether) on you dates (rutaban, a specification) fresh and ripe (janiyyan, an adjectival qualification of it [of rutaban, ‘dates’]).
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 8:04am On Jan 26, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 26,

{ فَكُلِي وَٱشْرَبِي وَقَرِّي عَيْناً فَإِمَّا تَرَيِنَّ مِنَ ٱلبَشَرِ أَحَداً فَقُولِيۤ إِنِّي نَذَرْتُ لِلرَّحْمَـٰنِ صَوْماً فَلَنْ أُكَلِّمَ ٱلْيَوْمَ إِنسِيّاً }

So eat, of the dates, and drink, from the rivulet, and [let] your eye be comforted, by the child (‘aynan, ‘[your] eye’, a specification derived from the subject of the verb, in other words [what is meant is] li-taqarra ‘aynuki bihi, ‘that your eye may be comforted by him’) that is, let it [your eye] be at peace and not covet any other than him; and if (immā: the nūn of the conditional particle in is here assimilated with the extra mā) you [happen to] see (tarayinna: the third consonantal root [the yā’] and the second [the hamza] have been omitted, with the [fatha] vowel therein transferred to the [first consonant] the letter rā’, and a kasra vowel applied to the yā’ of the [feminine] person, because of two unvowelled consonants coming together) any human being, and should he ask you about your child, then say, “I have vowed to the Compassionate One a fast, that is to say, an abstention from speaking of his affair and from [speaking to] any other humans — which is indicated by [the following statement]), so I will not speak to any human today”’, that is, after [saying] this.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:05pm On Jan 28, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 27,

{ فَأَتَتْ بِهِ قَوْمَهَا تَحْمِلُهُ قَالُواْ يٰمَرْيَمُ لَقَدْ جِئْتِ شَيْئاً فَرِيّاً }

Then, carrying him, she brought him to her folk (tahmiluhu, ‘carrying him’, a circumstantial qualifier), and they saw him, and they said, ‘O Mary, truly you have done a curious thing!, an astounding [thing], for you have begotten a son without [his having] a father.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 28,

{ يٰأُخْتَ هَارُونَ مَا كَانَ أَبُوكِ ٱمْرَأَ سَوْءٍ وَمَا كَانَتْ أُمُّكِ بَغِيّاً }

O sister of Aaron — he was a righteous man, in other words [what is meant is], O you who are like him in [terms of] chastity — your father was not a wicked man, that is, a fornicator, nor was your mother unchaste’, that is, a fornicatress: so how is it that you have this child?
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 29,

{ فَأَشَارَتْ إِلَيْهِ قَالُواْ كَيْفَ نُكَلِّمُ مَن كَانَ فِي ٱلْمَهْدِ صَبِيّاً }

Thereat she pointed, them, to him, intimating [to them that they], ‘talk to him’. They said, ‘How can we talk to one who is, who happens to be, in the cradle, [still] a little child?’
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 7:55am On Feb 02, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 30,

{ قَالَ إِنِّي عَبْدُ ٱللَّهِ آتَانِيَ ٱلْكِتَابَ وَجَعَلَنِي نَبِيّاً }

He said, ‘Lo! I am God’s servant. He has given me the Scripture, namely, the Gospel, and made me a prophet.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 31,

{ وَجَعَلَنِي مُبَارَكاً أَيْنَ مَا كُنتُ وَأَوْصَانِي بِٱلصَّلاَةِ وَٱلزَّكَاةِ مَا دُمْتُ حَيّاً }

And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, that is, [He has made me] of great benefit to mankind — [this is] a foretelling of what had been preordained for him — and He has enjoined upon me prayer and alms-giving, He has commanded me to [do] both of these, as long as I remain alive;
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 7:47am On Feb 04, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 32,

{ وَبَرّاً بِوَٰلِدَتِي وَلَمْ يَجْعَلْنِي جَبَّاراً شَقِيّاً }

and [He has made me] dutiful towards my mother (barran, in the accusative because of the implicit [verb] ja‘alanī, ‘He has made me’). And He has not made me arrogant, haughty, wretched, disobedient to his Lord.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 33,

{ وَٱلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيَّ يَوْمَ وُلِدْتُّ وَيَوْمَ أَمُوتُ وَيَوْمَ أُبْعَثُ حَيّاً }

And peace, from God, be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!’ — the same is being said about him as [was said above] regarding the lord John. God, exalted be He, says:
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 34,

{ ذٰلِكَ عِيسَى ٱبْنُ مَرْيَمَ قَوْلَ ٱلْحَقِّ ٱلَّذِي فِيهِ يَمْتُرُونَ }

That is Jesus, son of Mary, a statement of truth (read qawlu’l-haqqi, as the predicate of an implied subject, in other words, ‘the statement of the son of Mary [is a statement of truth]’; or read qawla’l-haqqi, because of [it being the object of] an implied [verb] qultu, ‘I say’, meaning, ‘[I say] a statement of truth’) concerning which they are in doubt (yamtarūna, derives from [the infinitive] al-mirya) — they are the Christians, who say, ‘Indeed Jesus is the son of God’; [but] they lie.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 7:31am On Feb 09, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 35,

{ مَا كَانَ للَّهِ أَن يَتَّخِذَ مِن وَلَدٍ سُبْحَانَهُ إِذَا قَضَىٰ أَمْراً فَإِنَّمَا يَقُولُ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ }

It is not [befitting] for God to take to Himself a son. Glory be to Him — in affirmation of His being transcendent above [doing] such a thing. When He decrees a thing, that is, [when] He will for it to happen, He only says to it, ‘Be!’, and it is (read fa-yakūnu because of an implied [pronoun] huwa [sc. fa-huwa yakūnu]; or read fa-yakūna because of an implied an [sc. an yakūna]). An example of this is His creating Jesus without [his having had] a father.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 10:30am On Feb 12, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 36,

{ وَإِنَّ ٱللَّهَ رَبِّي وَرَبُّكُمْ فَٱعْبُدُوهُ هَـٰذَا صِرَاطٌ مُّسْتَقِيمٌ }

And indeed God is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (read [the introductory particle] as anna, with an implicit [preceding] udhkur, ‘mention’; or read [it] as inna, with an implicit [preceding] qul, ‘say’, [a reading] indicated by [the fact that God says elsewhere] ‘I only said to them that which You commanded me: “Worship God, my Lord and your Lord” ’ [Q. 5:117]). This, that has been mentioned, is a straight path, a route leading to Paradise.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 37,

{ فَٱخْتَلَفَ ٱلأَحْزَابُ مِن بَيْنِهِمْ فَوَيْلٌ لِّلَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِن مَّشْهَدِ يَوْمٍ عَظِيمٍ }

But the factions differed among themselves, that is to say, the Christians, [they differed] regarding Jesus: was he the son of God? A god alongside Him? Or [was he] the third of three [gods]? So woe — [meaning] severe punishment [will be meted out] — to those who disbelieve, [those who disbelieve] in the way mentioned and in other ways, at the scene of an awful Day, that is to say, [woe to them] when they are present at the Day of Resurrection and [witnessing] its terrors.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:06pm On Mar 02, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 38,

{ أَسْمِعْ بِهِمْ وَأَبْصِرْ يَوْمَ يَأْتُونَنَا لَـٰكِنِ ٱلظَّالِمُونَ ٱلْيَوْمَ فِي ضَلاَلٍ مُّبِينٍ }

How hearing they are and seeing, they are (these two constructions [are used to] express ‘amazement’, meaning, ‘how well they [will] hear and how well they [will] see’) on the Day when they come to Us, in the Hereafter. Yet the evildoers (an example of a proper noun [‘evildoers’] replacing a third person pronominalisation) today, that is, in this world, are in manifest error, that is, [error] that is evident therein, having been deaf [unable] to listen to the truth and blind [unable] to see it. In other words, [the meaning is]: O you, the one being addressed, marvel at how [well] they will [be able to] hear and see in the Hereafter after they had been deaf and blind in this world.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 39,

{ وَأَنْذِرْهُمْ يَوْمَ ٱلْحَسْرَةِ إِذْ قُضِيَ ٱلأَمْرُ وَهُمْ فِي غَفْلَةٍ وَهُمْ لاَ يُؤْمِنُونَ }

And warn them, threaten, O Muhammad (s), the disbelievers of Mecca, of the Day of Regret, namely, the Day of Resurrection, on which the sinner will regret not having been virtuous in [the life of] this world, when the matter will be decided, for them thereupon, that they be chastised, while they, in this world, are [yet] heedless, of it, and do not believe, in it [the Day of Resurrection].
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 7:59am On Mar 04, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 40,

{ إِنَّا نَحْنُ نَرِثُ ٱلأَرْضَ وَمَنْ عَلَيْهَا وَإِلَيْنَا يُرْجَعُونَ }

Indeed We (innā nahnu, [a repetition of the first person] for emphasis), shall inherit the earth and all who are on it, of rational beings and others, by destroying them, and to Us they shall be returned, thereon [on the Day of Resurrection] for requital.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:50pm On Mar 08, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 41,

{ وَٱذْكُرْ فِي ٱلْكِتَابِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّهُ كَانَ صِدِّيقاً نَّبِيّاً }

And mention, to them, in the Book Abraham, that is, [mention] his tale. Indeed he was a truthful one ([the intensive form siddīq] means ‘extremely truthful’), a prophet (the following [statement] substitutes for the [preceding] predicate).
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 42,

{ إِذْ قَالَ لأَبِيهِ يٰأَبَتِ لِمَ تَعْبُدُ مَا لاَ يَسْمَعُ وَلاَ يُبْصِرُ وَلاَ يُغْنِي عَنكَ شَيْئاً }

When he said to his father, Āzar, ‘O my father! (the [final] tā’ here [of abati] has replaced the [possessive] yā’ of [genitive] annexation [sc. of yā abī]; the two, however, are never used together) — he [Abraham’s father] used to worship idols. Why do you worship that which neither hears nor sees, and is of no avail to you, suffices you [not], in any way? whether in [terms of] benefit or harm.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 8:22am On Mar 11, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 43,

{ يٰأَبَتِ إِنِّي قَدْ جَآءَنِي مِنَ ٱلْعِلْمِ مَا لَمْ يَأْتِكَ فَٱتَّبِعْنِيۤ أَهْدِكَ صِرَاطاً سَوِيّاً }

O my father! Indeed there has come to me of knowledge that which has not come to you. So follow me that I may guide you to a path, a route, that is right, [that is] straight.
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 7:50am On Mar 14, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 44,

{ يٰأَبَتِ لاَ تَعْبُدِ ٱلشَّيْطَانَ إِنَّ ٱلشَّيْطَانَ كَانَ لِلرَّحْمَـٰنِ عَصِيّاً }

O my father! Do not worship Satan, by obeying him through [your] worship of idols. Truly Satan is disobedient ([the intensive form‘asiyyan] means ‘one given to disobedience’) to the Compassionate One
Re: Qur’anic Verse Of The Day by chakula: 7:49am On Mar 15, 2011
Maryam

Chapter 19- Verse 45,

{ يٰأَبَتِ إِنِّيۤ أَخَافُ أَن يَمَسَّكَ عَذَابٌ مِّنَ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ فَتَكُونَ لِلشَّيْطَانِ وَلِيّاً }

O my father! I do fear lest a chastisement from the Compassionate One should befall you, if you do not repent, and then you become an ally of Satan, an assistant and a comrade [of his] in the Fire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy / Islamic Medical Science: Wrong Science / Denmark Is Loosing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.