Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,935 members, 7,848,781 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku (1043 Views)

Keyamo: How To Become President Without WAEC Certificate / Atiku Can Be President Without Going To The United States – Tony Momoh / You Can't Become Nigeria's President, Without Being A Thief, Musa Tells Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by tomakint: 3:19pm On May 01, 2018
I can be president without visiting the US —Atiku

ABDULFATAI AYOBAMI IBRAHIM 
29 APR 2018

Godwin Isenyo

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has said he can be Nigeria’s president without visiting the United States of America.

Atiku stated this on Saturday during an interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation Hausa Service when he was asked how he intended to be Nigeria’s president without visiting the US.

READ ALSO: HID, Adesanya advised me to join Abacha govt — Babatope

He asked whether it was a constitutional provision that one must visit the US before becoming president.

“I can be president without going to America,” he said.

In the interview monitored by our correspondent in Kaduna, Atiku also commented on a statement credited to his former boss, ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, that he (Atiku) would not be President while he was alive.

He stated that Obasanjo was not God, saying that he didn’t lose sleep when he learnt that Obasanjo made such a statement.

According to him, if it is God’s will for him to be president, nobody, not even Obasanjo, can challenge God.

The ex-VP also confirmed that he was denied a US visa when he wanted to travel to that country.

He said he was told by the US that his application for visa was denied because it was passing through administrative process.

He also spoke about a house in the US said to belong to him and auctioned by the government of that country.

Atiku said the house belonged to one of his wives, adding that, “All my wives own houses and that particular house is not mine. It belonged to one of my wives. She sold the house and was never auctioned as it was reported.”

He further spoke on the rift between him and President Muhammad Buhari, saying the President could not control happenings in the ruling All Progressives Congress.

He said that was one of the reasons he left the party and returned to his former party, the Peoples Democratic Party, where he was a founding member.

READ ALSO: Varsities must expose, shame lecturers sexually harassing students — ASUU President

Atiku said, “After 2015 general elections, I met the President. I told him that activities of the party have been crippled and there is a need to restructure.

“Also, I advised the President on issues concerning his administration. I said to him, ‘If things continue like this, I will quit’, but Mr. Buhari turned a deaf ear and remained mum.”

On why the government was yet to defeat Boko Haram for eight years, Atiku said if he emerged as president, he would investigate the years the government used in fighting the insurgents.

He added, “If elected Nigeria’s president, I will investigate how the government was unable to defeat Boko Haram. The Federal Government ended the civil war in 30 months, but it is now eight years it can’t not defeat a group of boys who are not trained.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.punchng.com/i-can-be-president-without-visiting-the-us-atiku/amp/

1 Like

Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by midolian(m): 3:30pm On May 01, 2018
The ex-VP also confirmed that he was denied a US visa when he wanted to travel to that country.

He said he was told by the US that his application for visa was denied because it was passing through administrative process.

grin grin

Tomakint, my boy. Is Atiku now your paymaster? grin grin

How time flies... I remember some years ago when I made a comment about your then paymaster, Ebele Jonathan, comparing him with a monkey destined to die. You threatened me with death,.. like I wont live to see the following year..

Here I am today as the FTC on your thread grin grin

tomakint:

I never knew you are a pathological liar despite being a blind supporter of evil and you are here again ranting like a kid as usual while flashing unecesary

THE INTERNET NEVER FORGETS grin grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by bizza45: 3:36pm On May 01, 2018
Mr ex-vp we know u are lying but kwontinue .... na d same kin of 419 ur bros (buharo ) play us...
Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by Redoil: 3:37pm On May 01, 2018
Just visit the us and let see if hevean will fall
Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by tomakint: 3:37pm On May 01, 2018
midolian:

grin grin

I hope u understood what you quoted before ignorantly baring your teeth.

1 Like

Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by midolian(m): 3:49pm On May 01, 2018
tomakint:

I hope u understood what you quoted before ignorantly baring your teeth.
I know you want a response to increase the possibility of your thread getting to the front page..

you 've gotten it grin

lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 01, 2018
God forbid Nigeria will have a president that cannot go to the US and have talk with their president on how Nigeria will move forward.
Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by madone: 4:11pm On May 01, 2018
Atiku break the word into two in Yoruba Ati..ku means we are dead that means voting this guy means death in Nigeria. Say no to death.
Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by tomakint: 4:17pm On May 01, 2018
midolian:
I know you want a response to increase the possibility of your thread getting to the front page..

you 've gotten it grin

lalasticlala

Very very childish as usual. I don't need to struggle for front page people still get to see my posts anyway.

1 Like

Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by tomakint: 4:19pm On May 01, 2018
midolian:

grin grin

How time flies... I remember some years ago when I made a comment about your then paymaster, Ebele Jonathan, comparing him with a monkey destined to die. You threatened me with death,.. like I wont live to see the following year..

I never knew you are a pathological liar despite being a blind supporter of evil and you are here again ranting like a kid as usual while flashing unecesary

1 Like

Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by tomakint: 4:21pm On May 01, 2018
midolian:

grin grin

I never knew you are a pathological liar despite being a blind supporter of evil and you are here again ranting like a kid as usual while flashing unnecessary smile when not necessary. I don't wish my sons dead. You are a son who still needs to learn

1 Like

Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by fergie001: 4:43pm On May 01, 2018
It was in this country that someone in Kirikiri became Governor without a single campaign........
I mean he didn't see outside of the walls of Kirikiri yet won...

It was in this country someone was in prison and became a Senator of the Fed. Rep.

Now,someone whose case is before the SC for murder wants to go to Abuja as a legislator

In this same country,someone who can't go to the US for heavy allegations of been a baron,became a Senator

In this same country,someone still going through the scrutiny of certificate-mystery became President

So,in this country strange things do happen...

Can anyone become president without visiting the US?Yes....
The US do not vote here...
I never saw Macron or May in Nigeria before their elections...

The question should be Oga,when will the "administrative processes end"?
He sure is hiding something
Election debates will be dope

All the same,shades of wrong
Still waiting for the public declaration of assets because na so e dey take start shocked

3 Likes

Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by midolian(m): 4:45pm On May 01, 2018
I dont know why you have chosen to work for Atiku of all people..Are you not tired of losing? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by Roger3D(m): 4:52pm On May 01, 2018
Atiku can never be president of Nigeria
Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by tomakint: 7:42pm On May 01, 2018
midolian:

grin grin

THE INTERNET NEVER FORGETS grin grin

I guess you finally prayed hard to see Feb 14, 2015 and I deserve some accolades for helping you to pray. I never wished you death

1 Like

Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by midolian(m): 7:53pm On May 01, 2018
tomakint:

I guess you finally prayed hard to see Feb 14, 2015 and I deserve some accolades for helping you to pray. I never wished you death
Your post never moved me and will never move me. We never agree on issues except its a "Saraki issue"..and its fine..and I will never for this reason take a swipe at you..

I knew I was going to live longer than that your Feb. 14 as God willed..

You on the other hand? Smh in disappointment
Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by Dannyset(m): 11:11pm On May 01, 2018
This PDP president is high on codeine oo!
Imagine, na North Korea you want to dey go? This man is not even fit to be a Councilor oo.
Re: I Can Be President Without Visiting The US —Atiku by tomakint: 4:43pm On May 02, 2018
midolian:
Your post never moved me and will never move me. We never agree on issues except its a "Saraki issue"..and its fine..and I will never for this reason take a swipe at you..

I knew I was going to live longer than that your Feb. 14 as God willed..

You on the other hand? Smh in disappointment

......and you are enjoying the change you brought to power with your suffering and smiling mentality. What a shame on an adult.

(1) (Reply)

Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu To Run Under YPP / Atiku Floors Buhari In Prominent Pro-buhari Influencer’s Poll! / We Used To Kill In PDP'- Ex-abia Governor, Orji Uzor Kalu(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.