Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? (1064 Views)

Vacancies For Bsc And Hnd Holders / The Plight Of HND Holders In The Nigerian Labor Market / Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by daviesblaze(m): 1:28am On May 02, 2018
I think It’s safe to say that Polytechnic Graduates are not as bad as this Country has made them look.
We need the Government to come to our rescue so this madness can stop now.

MY OWN STORY (WHY I LEFT POLYTECHNIC FOR UNIVERSITY)

I remember when I was a student of Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (Laspotech) back then in 2010, To be sincere, the quality of Education there compared to what I was later taught at the University, any day anytime, I will pick Polytechnic over University.

They are not playing in Laspotech. I even heard it’s the same everywhere. Polytechnic curriculum in Nigeria is more robust than that of University. I stand to be corrected.

However, the problem that made me quit from Lagos Poly was as a result of the poor treatment and stigmatization I was getting from home.

My mum always gives me a little amount of money & smaller foodstuff whenever I’m preparing to go back to School while my younger brother always gets the lion’s share of everything because he attends a University.

I learned about this the day I summoned the courage to ask her why I always get a smaller amount of money and foodstuff when returning back to school.

She politely said:-
We need to give your younger brother more money and foodstuff, you sha know he’s in the University.

That day, I cried my eyes out. I felt so devastated and frustrated

My mum’s response killed my morale totally and made me changed my mind.

Am actually not a weak person or one that easily gives up but if my Mum can put my younger brother ahead of me because he’s in the University,

What do you expect the Government & Employers to do?

I can bet it any day anytime that Polytechnic Graduates are not poor academically but this Nation has decided to see them as weak Individuals and has indirectly decided to kill Technical Education in Nigeria.

Many are not motivated to attend Polytechnic or College of Education again. Now, millions of Nigerian youths now flock around Universities gate only and would rather choose to sit at home and waste another year at home than opt for Polytechnic.

Today, looking at the Polytechnic environment, 95% of the students there only chose it out of Frustration and bitterness of sitting at home to escape their parent anger on them.

Our Government needs to put a stop to this barbaric act of Stigmatization between B.Sc & HND Graduates because it’s actually watering down the Morale of useful Graduates who are willing to do something great but are not getting the change or attention because they graduated from the Polytechnic.

If this Stigmatization could not be stopped, Government should scrap Polytechnic Education in Nigeria to avoid further Frustration of visionary/brilliant Nigerian HND Graduates & undergraduates.

I’ve got a question for you all today

WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD BE DONE TO SETTLE THIS B.Sc vs HND STIGMATIZATION?
The Government has done a whole lot to put an end to this menace but it seems their best is not enough.

If you are given the chance to put an End to this, what would you do?

I want to hear from you all.

Drop you comments and have a say on the Topic.

Source: http://www..ng/education/bsc-vs-hnd-who-better-graduates

Cc: Lalasticlala,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by daviesblaze(m): 6:29am On May 02, 2018
CC; lalasticlala
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by sammyscholar(m): 6:50am On May 02, 2018
Good question!

It boils to both the government and polytechnic graduates/students. You see, why some firms want the status quo to remain is because of the benefits they get from it. The current system gives them the opportunity to exploit some polytechnic graduates. They see the system as an opportunity to pay poly guys less for the big jobs they do. NB: not every firm does this

The government needs to realize that it is in the best interest of the country that the dichotomy be removed; and so they should do with all seriousness. If they're not draconian about other policies, they should about this one; because some firms might not want to implement it.

Recall that Obasanjo tried removing it, but it didn't work; and it's because he didn't follow it up to the last point.

And to the polytechnic students and graduates, they need to do more in terms of presentation and representation. If they all flaunt intelligence, brilliance, creativity, and crown it with impeccable queen's language; in no time would they start to earn respect from the general public.

I know many polytechnic students/graduates are already doing what I said above. Of course, I am one of them. So, to us, I say kudos!

1 Like

Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by daviesblaze(m): 7:47am On May 02, 2018
sammyscholar:
Good question!

It boils to both the government and polytechnic graduates/students. You see, why some firms want the status quo to remain is because of the benefits they get from it. The current system gives them the opportunity to exploit some polytechnic graduates. They see the system as an opportunity to pay poly guys less for the big jobs they do. NB: not every firm does this

The government needs to realize that it is in the best interest of the country that the dichotomy be removed; and so they should do with all seriousness. If they're not draconian about other policies, they should about this one; because some firms might not want to implement it.

Recall that Obasanjo tried removing it, but it didn't work; and it's because he didn't follow it up to the last point.

And to the polytechnic students and graduates, they need to do more in terms of presentation and representation. If they all flaunt intelligence, brilliance, creativity, and crown it with impeccable queen's language; in no time would they start to earn respect from the general public.

I know many polytechnic students/graduates are already doing what I said above. Of course, I am one of them. So, to us, I say kudos!

My brother, i agree with you 100%.
but i think it might interest you to know that most of these uni graduates actually don't know how to express their thoughts in writing, all they know is how to speak big, big grammar that they can't spell and start copy pasting their project research from the Internet. they've actually got no personal innovation of their own. and yet sadly, they are placed above the ladder of socio-economic importance.

it's good to know that some of us have start realizing our worth and unwaning importance to the Nigeria Economy. Kudos to you too cheesy cheesy
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by sammyscholar(m): 9:41am On May 02, 2018
daviesblaze:

My brother, i agree with you 100%.
but i think it might interest you to know that most of these uni graduates actually don't know how to express their thoughts in writing, all they know is how to speak big, big grammar that they can't spell and start copy pasting their project research from the Internet. they've actually got no personal innovation of their own. and yet sadly, they are placed above the ladder of socio-economic importance.

it's good to know that some of us have start realizing our worth and unwaning importance to the Nigeria Economy. Kudos to you too cheesy cheesy
You're right. I however do not have issue with anybody, whether or not uni grad, using big grammar. In fact, if there are ever people who love big grammar and flawless English, I'm one of them. I will just advise poly guys to brush themselves up.

We've the content already. Let's make the container look good. And now, that's presentation!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 9:53am On May 02, 2018
no one is better, they're both good. university and polytechnic re both trying their best to bring out the best among individuals.
we have intelligent students in the University and polytechnic. the discrimination started because a polytechnic undergraduate can stop at OND and collect certificate meanwhile university is not so. maybe that's why your mom treated your brother special than you.
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by sammyscholar(m): 10:34am On May 02, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:
no one is better, they're both good. university and polytechnic re both trying their best to bring out the best among individuals.
we have intelligent students in the University and polytechnic. the discrimination started because a polytechnic undergraduate can stop at OND and collect certificate meanwhile university is not so. maybe that's why your mom treated your brother special than you.

Yea, bro; no one is better than the other. Just develop yourself and you won't find yourself caught up in the dichotomy.

1 Like

Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by daviesblaze(m): 10:42am On May 02, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:

TBH bro, you cant compare the technical know-how of a poly graduate to that of a uni graduate. we are far better
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by sammyscholar(m): 11:03am On May 02, 2018
daviesblaze:
TBH bro, you cant compare the technical know-how of a poly graduate to that of a uni graduate. we are far better
Bro, let's just feel good and go about doing the great things we've been doing as poly products. All of us are good: no one is better. Poly guys, uni guys, we're all creative, smart and vibrant.

I have worked with both poly and uni guys and I can tell you that we're all gifted and unique.

I believe everyone will get to appreciate the value of polytechnic education soon.

Cc: lalasticlala, Seun, finestboi, mynd44

1 Like

Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 11:05am On May 02, 2018
daviesblaze:
now you're under the impression that poly is far better in terms of technical know how. read my comments am not here to discriminate though but I will like you to explain more on technical know how.
I know poly has A lot of practical aspect, but all these practical aspects can be attain in the University.

1 Like

Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by sammyscholar(m): 12:28pm On May 02, 2018
Now, this is the great and golden rule that poly guys should imbibe:

Be oblivious to whatever competition there is and live your life to the best of your power. I repeat, 'best of your power!' This is because you already have all it takes to be the quintessential graduate that anybody can ever be in any tertiary institution in the world. Just work on yourself. Feel happy, feel alive, and bring out the best in you. Don't work yourself up for anything. Always be proud of yourself. Always challenge yourself, too. Be only your own competition. And as a poly guy, love and appreciate your uni friends. See them as friend and colleagues. Two of you're graduates; just that you took different routes.

Regards!
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by Holywizard: 1:20pm On May 02, 2018
If u don't have connections or God's favor u are fučked.
Come see where first class holders are working in bet9ja shops and filling stations.
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 02, 2018
My brother, forget about Polytechnic or University Stuff. Just attend any in your ability and make good use of the opportunity.. Presently, Background is not 100% guarantee that you will get a good job.

I am a University Graduate, and yet i lost myJob as a Customer Representative Development at Fan-Milk Plc today. My performance was superb all through in the course of my probation, infact, no issue about performance but still we were all served letters for no tangible reason. I am soo devastated right now..

so bros, the country is seriously messed up...Uni or poly. Biko, jst attend any and pray to God to bless u with a secure Job..
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by Dharmiejoe(m): 1:34pm On May 02, 2018
Get a job first, den prove urself! enof with dis bullshit comparism.
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by somito121(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2018
This is one of the reasons why we can never move forward as a nation. You comparing white to black or green to yellow, it can never work because the two have different functions that they are performing. Inferiority complex is just killing some people. Take out time to develop yourself and I tell you that all this comparison will not even near your mind. Simple truth ask God for favour. Ordinary Ssce holder is in charge of a great nation with all the professors, doctors and so on.Thank you.
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by wordcat(m): 3:24pm On May 02, 2018
It is not about who's better, it is about the laws that established them. someone in SS3 can be better than some Bsc/HND holders but does that makes an SSCE holder the same with Bsc/HND holder equal?
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by wordcat(m): 3:32pm On May 02, 2018
somito121:
This is one of the reasons why we can never move forward as a nation. You comparing white to black or green to yellow, it can never work because the two have different functions that they are performing. Inferiority complex is just killing some people. Take out time to develop yourself and I tell you that all this comparison will not even near your mind. Simple truth ask God for favour. Ordinary Ssce holder is in charge of a great nation with all the professors, doctors and so on.Thank you.

No mind them. Na so some nurses dey one corner dey yan say make fg dey pay them as them dey pay medical doctors grin
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by sammyscholar(m): 3:50pm On May 02, 2018
wordcat:

No mind them. Na so some nurses dey one corner dey yan say make fg dey pay them as them dey pay medical doctors grin
This comment is way below the reasoning of the thread's discourse. Too shallow to get great minds' attention. I'm however replying you so you can know the goof you just made.

Take care.
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by sparog(m): 3:58pm On May 02, 2018
grin
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by Sezua(m): 4:21pm On May 02, 2018
daviesblaze:
Poly is better? can you explain with facts to back up what you just said? I attended yabatech for a year before making the switch to Uniben. I would do same if given the opportunity. They both have their advantages, but i'd pick the university over polytechnic anyday and anytime.
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by Sezua(m): 4:23pm On May 02, 2018
JPENG:
My brother, forget about Polytechnic or University Stuff. Just attend any in your ability and make good use of the opportunity.. Presently, Background is not 100% guarantee that you will get a good job.

I am a University Graduate, and yet i lost myJob as a Customer Representative Development at Fan-Milk Plc today. My performance was superb all through in the course of my probation, infact, no issue about performance but still we were all served letters for no tangible reason. I am soo devastated right now..

so bros, the country is seriously messed up...Uni or poly. Biko, jst attend any and pray to God to bless u with a secure Job..
Lost a job? Get back up. It is not the end of the world. Something better maybe on the horizon.

1 Like

Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by daviesblaze(m): 4:49pm On May 02, 2018
Holywizard:
If u don't have connections or God's favor u are fučked.
Come see where first class holders are working in bet9ja shops and filling stations.
grin grin grin
Re: B.sc Vs HND ► Do You Think B.sc Holders Are Better Than HND Holders? by wordcat(m): 6:13am On May 03, 2018
sammyscholar:
This comment is way below the reasoning of the thread's discourse. Too shallow to get great minds' attention. I'm however replying you so you can know the goof you just made.

Take care.

See great mind on nairaland grin

(1) (Reply)

200k Job In Enugu Or 200k In Lagos / Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme Portal Has Been Fixed / Net Salary And Consolidated Salary Negotiation Offer. Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.