Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 (33994 Views)

Truck Falls On Carter Bridge, Iponri, Lagos, This Morning (PHOTOS) / Carter Bridge Lagos Is Close To Collapse (Video) / The Deplorable State Of Carter Bridge In Lagos State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2019
post=77958009:

A 'cow' just commented!
Sane people are not suprised with such comments anymore tho'!!

Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by ajebuter(f): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2019
I can see Iddo Railway Terminal..

Talking about Iddo:

The Lagoon in the Iddo axis used to be dumping site for shiiitt collected by shiitt-loading trucks in the early 80s..

It smelled so horribly then, Whenever my school bus passed through that Iddo starting from under bridge..,

Thankfully, it is now a commerical area now, all thanks to Fashola, I think.. ( not my route, so I wouldnt know who rehabilitated the place..

Lagos has indeed come a long way..

Proudly omo Eko atata grin grin grin grin grin
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by nasirujj(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2019
One advantage of military government "discipline'
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by hrykanu231(m): 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
post=77957974:
THE GOOD OL' DAYS!!

Look at how EVERYTHING was in order!

Nigeria will be GREAT again.

Amen in Jesus name.

Insha Allah.

Stop the prayers and unimaginable hypocrisy. Nigeria can't be great again with leaders like Buhari who are clueless.

1 Like

Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by Adedapo57: 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
efabricators:
So all this people done die?
Them still dey cos them born pikin
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
Those Teenubu boys that run after buses shouting 'Owodah' were not even born then. Now, their Chief Tout-Oluomo sits on the Lagos EXCO meetings.
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for taking us down history. Beauty
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by 122Adaeze174: 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
alright

@/@/

Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by kikake: 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2019
paymentvoucher:
Carter bridge Lagos 1963: Throw back to when sanity and orderliness was still in Nigeria's DNA...
I think Nigeria’s problem started when they changed from right hand driving to left hand, it was like changing from right to wrong...�

Change from right to left was stabbing in the back of colonial masters who helped Nigeria win the civil war.
It's like dropping the British pound for Naira - Never Allow Igbo Rule Nigeria.
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by Just2endowed2(m): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
post=77957974:
THE GOOD OL' DAYS!!

Amen in Jesus name.

Insha Allah.

when we stop dropping sachet water on the floor or street.

1 Like

Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by steve6: 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2019
How are the mighty fallen !
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by mencer(m): 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2019
when sanity and orderliness was still in Nigeria's DNA
nigeria lost it
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by mencer(m): 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2019
kikake:

Change from right to left was stabbing in the back of colonial masters who helped Nigeria win the civil war.
It's like dropping the British pound for Naira - Never Allow Igbo Rule Nigeria.

it think you should rather say military rule ......this was what ruined this Nation
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by DJInfluence: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2019
Looking at the 1st pic, the first thing that attracted my attention is how clean and good conditions the vehicles are. Where did we got it wrong? Progress is regressive is this country.

1 Like

Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by incogni2o: 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2019
Those days Senseful People lived in Lagos

Nowadays are we Senseless

Compare and contrast
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by Hintona(f): 4:51pm On Apr 29, 2019
hemartins:

You know nothing.

Now, crawl back to your hole village squirrel.
I don't know much about cactus but I know a prick when I see one
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by sleepking(m): 4:51pm On Apr 29, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
shocked
I think Nigeria is in serious retardation
Buhari God will punish for this sad
buhari God
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2019
Hintona:

prick kwa grin grin grin grin
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by Hintona(f): 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2019
KingLennon:

You have reading problems
You have problem understanding
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by Edmaths: 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
Horus:

(15.) The Carter Bridge is an 11.8km bridge

The length of Carter Bridge is 0.53 kilometres.
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by KingLennon(m): 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2019
Hintona:
You have problem understanding
Bia, respect urself o...

Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by ibmworld(m): 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
So Nigerian citizens once get Brain...
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by ogene144(m): 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2019
post=77957974:
THE GOOD OL' DAYS!!

Amen in Jesus name.

Insha Allah.

A BIG Amen to your prayers, it will never be great again for you personally in whatever hole you reside as long as our prayers for our darling country keep nauseating you and your ilks.
So shall it be!
oga y now. the curse is too much
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by hrykanu231(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
post=77957974:
THE GOOD OL' DAYS!!

Amen in Jesus name.

A BIG Amen to your prayers, [b]it will never be great again for you personally
in whatever hole you reside as long as our prayers for our darling country keep nauseating you and your ilks.
So shall it be!

Lol, while you want to sound religious. Come let me teach you a lesson or two about reality laced in hard work and driven by purposeful leaders.
Buhari is obviously clueless especially as it concerns global best practices in governance. Under his watch Nigeria has led in everything bad from poverty to human right abuse. While he has sold the "intergrity" slogan to your likes, his voracious appetite for corruption and it's antecedents practices is unending.
It is seemingly obvious that he doesn't know what to do(as you cannot give what you don't have), from the economy to security, show me one aspect he has done very well that other countries can copy from?
And yes, if he continues with this high level of cluelessness, bigotry and dictatorial tendencies, Nigeria won't be great again.

For the records, the best way to get Nigeria great again is simple. Accept the truth no matter whose ox is gored. Then, adopt global best practices in solving problems in line with logic, objectivity and love for humanity.
With regards to your supposed "prayers" below, just know it shall not stand and any attempt by you to push it further, will see you to your 9th generation pay with your heads. S.M.I BE

1 Like

Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:29pm On Apr 29, 2019
Yaaawwwnnnn!

Point passed across already! cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by hrykanu231(m): 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2019
ogene144:

oga y now. the curse is too much
He ain't cursing nobody safe for himself, especially as he got no right to do so...Nigeria can't be great with leaders like Buhari who hinge on bigotry, dictatorial tendencies(obvious in disregard for the rule of law) and unimaginable cluelessness.
Tell me one thing Nigeria is doing right, that other countries can copy, which can also serve as a reference for global best practices.
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by Hoodbilonia: 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
See europe
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by bendike: 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2019
hrykanu231:

Lol, while you want to sound religious. Come let me teach you a lesson or two about reality laced in hard work and driven by purposeful leaders.
Buhari is obviously clueless especially as it concerns global best practices in governance. Under his watch Nigeria has led in everything bad from poverty to human right abuse. While he has sold the "intergrity" slogan to your likes, his voracious appetite for corruption and it's antecedents practices is unending.
It is seemingly obvious that he doesn't know what to do(as you cannot give what you don't have), from the economy to security, show me one aspect he has done very well that other countries can copy from?
And yes, if he continues with this high level of cluelessness, bigotry and dictatorial tendencies, Nigeria won't be great again.

For the records, the best way to get Nigeria great again is simple. Accept the truth no matter whose ox is gored. Then, adopt global best practices in solving problems in line with logic, objectivity and love for humanity.
With regards to your supposed "prayers" below, just know it shall not stand and any attempt by you to push it further, will see you to your 9th generation pay with your heads. S.M.I BE
Dont waste you time with that asshole barbecue man without office. Internet barbecue. Metcheew
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by koolbreeze55: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2019
paymentvoucher:
Carter bridge Lagos 1963: Throw back to when sanity and orderliness was still in Nigeria's DNA...
I think Nigeria’s problem started when they changed from right hand driving to left hand, it was like changing from right to wrong...�

I always wonder how we got to this point, I can see some men on tie riding on the bicycle to work with dignity and some others on their motor bike.
Today, things have deteriorated so badly that a lot of people will rather trek than ride to work on a bicycle cuz if you try am niggas go laugh you to scorn.
Re: View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 by hemartins(m): 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2019
Hintona:

It would be disappointing if you don't know one. What do you gobble every night?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver, Passengers Killed In Fatal Accident In Aba, Abia State. Graphic Photos / Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In / Akwa Ibom Government Acquires Two New Aircraft For Ibom Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.