Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,712 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Inspire Beauty: An Interview With Rising Makeup Artiste, Abundance Joshua. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Inspire Beauty: An Interview With Rising Makeup Artiste, Abundance Joshua. (376 Views)

How I Was Transformed by a Makeup Artiste (pics, Video) / Makeup Artiste Dies While Returning From An N8k Bridal Job - Picture / Makeup Artiste Shocks Many People Online After She Removed Her Makeup (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspire Beauty: An Interview With Rising Makeup Artiste, Abundance Joshua. by lanya: 11:22am On May 02, 2018
Hi there darlings, welcome to the month of May, the month of ASSURANCE apparently �.

Today’s post is an interview with Ms Abundance Joshua , the CEO of Abysmakeover. I have been watching her for a while and she’s nothing short of inspiring. This post has taken a week and some to make because of our clashing schedules and I am grateful it is finally here.

TOP TIP: You might need to bookmark this page.

A little backstory, she’s young and only recently graduated from University.

Enjoy.

How long have you been in the makeup business and how did you get started?

I have been doing makeup since July 2016 when I handed over Miss Akwa-Ibom teen crown, it was part of my pet project. I have always had a thing for makeup but when I started I didn’t know how to do makeup, I used to draw awful brows so when I was handing over the crown, I organized a free makeup training for ladies so they could learn to do their own makeup even if they didn’t want to turn it to a business because i know there were ladies like me that lacked makeup skills. All they had to pay for was the certificate. In the course of the training I was inspired to learn also. Subsequently by October 2017, I went for an upgrade class to better hone my skill. I went for an upgrade with JOJO;s touch in Port Harcourt . Immediately I got back to Uyo, I became sought after because she is a well known brand and when people knew I trained under her, it added to my credibility.

When did you know a career in beauty was for you? Didn’t you feel it was already saturated?

The thing in is anything you want to do, you will defintely not be the only one in that line of business. I have a passion for it, I have always had a thing for fashion. Asides makeup, I also sew. I had to disregard all the people I saw and knew to already be in that line of work and just go for my passion.

What sets you apart from other makeup artists?

Every business owner has what we call their signature, for me it is my brows. I have signature brows. It is different from what you would normally see in Uyo. Well drawn brows are the key to a great makeup. If your brows are crooked, no matter how fine the final look is, there is a way it is going to look because those brows are not well drawn. I take extra time while ...read more @https://olliealley./2018/05/02/inspire-beauty-an-interview-with-rising-makeup-artiste-abundance-joshua/

(1) (Reply)

Models Or Pretty Girls Urgently Needed. / ITOUCHE AFOCENTRIC WEARS / We Sell Designer Time Piece..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.