Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,490 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) (23690 Views)

IGP Cancels Edo State Mega Rally Scheduled For Tomorrow / Wole Olanikpekun Will Do Justice To The Osun Tribunal Judgement @ Higher Court / New Model Schools In Ogun State:: MEGA PICS:: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 02, 2018
biacan:
Wow your pics with martins is cute kiss kiss cheesy cheesy
thanks! he is a young boy.
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by biacan(f): 7:40pm On May 02, 2018
gypsey:
thanks! he is a young boy.
You're looking like low American gangster cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy chimoooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Siberia01(m): 8:47pm On May 02, 2018

70% of drainage in Uyo are covered abeg

Gerrard59:

This is not possible. Lagos is not a country.

Thank you very much. I'm yet to see the rationale behind open gutters. It is not beautiful. The worse is when there are walkways, but gutters beside them. What is wrong in covering everywhere?

Part of Surulere has it (everywhere is covered). Calabar under D.Duke did well. Uyo? None of the cretins (Akpabio & Udom) did not and is not do(ing) it (covering gutters).
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Rosskii: 9:01pm On May 02, 2018
fallout87:
Why won't the gutters be dirty? See all the aboki on the street. Jobless, lazy, begging... they will of course make the area less appealing with their waste.

To completely beautify Lagos means you have to remove them from the state and send them back to their homes up north.

Even the international airport is full of them, begging attempting to carry your luggage some even trying to steal.

In higher societies they put regulations in place to curb this.

THERE SHOULD BE NO OPEN GUTTERS IN THE FIRST PLACE. USE YOUR HEAD. THIS IS NOT ABOUT BLAMING HAUSA PEOPLE. NO COUNTRY IN THIS DAY AND AGE BUILDS ROADS WITH OPEN GUTTERS. IT IS A PRIMITIVE, DISGUSTING WAY OF LIVING.
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Gerrard59(m): 9:12pm On May 02, 2018
Siberia01:

70% of drainage in Uyo are covered abeg

Covered and no sight of the gutter? You mean Oron Road? IBB Way? Edet Akpan Avenue? Atiku Way?

The only place where you have covered walkways is Nwaniba Road. Even Shelter Afrique doesn't have pedestrian tracks!

P.S. When I mean covered walkways, I mean completely covered. No sight of what's beneath it. Check the picture I quoted earlier.
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Gerrard59(m): 9:13pm On May 02, 2018
Rosskii:

THERE SHOULD BE NO OPEN GUTTERS IN THE FIRST PLACE. USE YOUR HEAD. THIS IS NOT ABOUT BLAMING HAUSA PEOPLE. NO COUNTRY IN THIS DAY AND AGE BUILDS ROADS WITH OPEN GUTTERS. IT IS A PRIMITIVE, DISGUSTING WAY OF LIVING.

shocked shocked shocked

The white man must be responsible!

How's Cap28? grin
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Rosskii: 9:48pm On May 02, 2018
Gerrard59:

shocked shocked shocked

The white man must be responsible!

How's Cap28? grin

They are partly responsible. The colonialists built roads with open gutters in Nigeria - something they never do in Europe - and that was the practice inherited by succeeding govts, who - and this is their fault - should have jettisoned it by now. THE STANDARD WORLDWIDE is that when you build a road in an urban area, you MUST have covered drainage and pedestrian sidewalks. On EVERY street. Not just major roads. In Nigeria, we seem to think that pedestrians do not have a right to infrastructure that caters to them. If you don't have a car, you must walk alongside dirt, sand, and open gutters. It's outrageous. Pedestrians are Nigerians too, so any infrastructural development that ignores their needs is misguided and must be changed.
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Rosskii: 10:03pm On May 02, 2018
horsepower101:
All 20th century modern cities had underground drainage.

Let's not even mention 21st century.

My brother, do you known that Tokyo's underground drainage system is so advanced and sophisticated that you can actually enter a lift, go down into the system, and it is air conditioned inside? I wouldn't be surprised if they have offices in there. We are just not serious about building real physical infrastructure for the common man.

2 Likes

Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Rosskii: 10:12pm On May 02, 2018
NoMoreTrolling:

A big thank you to you.

I wonder how people think you can have an open gutter and litter won't enter, it's just amazing witnessing such though processes, sigh

Honestly, I cringe when I hear Nigerians say stuff like, ''why can't they clean the gutters properly?''..... You are NOT supposed to have ''gutters''!!!!

This is what a street in a normal country looks like:

Do you see any gutter in this picture?

What is so hard about making every street in Lagos or Nigeria look like this?

4 Likes

Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Naijiant: 10:15pm On May 02, 2018
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:15pm On May 02, 2018
Rosskii:

Honestly, I cringe when I hear Nigerians say stuff like, ''why can't they clean the gutters properly?''..... You are NOT supposed to have ''gutters''!!!!

Cos Nigeria is not a normal country
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Gerrard59(m): 11:35pm On May 02, 2018
Rosskii:

My brother, do you known that Tokyo's underground drainage system is so advanced and sophisticated that you can actually enter a lift, go down into the system, and it is air conditioned inside? I wouldn't be surprised if they have offices in there. We are just not serious about building real physical infrastructure for the common man.

Damn! Caucasians are wicked!

But wait a minute, how come Rwanda has pedestrian walkways fully covered and Nigeria doesn't? Who is responsible? The white man? grin

Rosskii:

They are partly responsible. The colonialists built roads with open gutters in Nigeria - something they never do in Europe - and that was the practice inherited by succeeding govts, who - and this is their fault - should have jettisoned it by now. .

Haba Rosskii! Why the lie na?

OK. Let's ASSUME, they did such. Why can the present set of administrators not change such ridiculous setting?

Even when they visit other countries.

Should the white man be blamed?
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Rosskii: 2:11am On May 03, 2018
Gerrard59:

Damn! Caucasians are wicked!

But wait a minute, how come Rwanda has pedestrian walkways fully covered and Nigeria doesn't? Who is responsible? The white man? grin

Haba Rosskii! Why the lie na?

OK. Let's ASSUME, they did such. Why can the present set of administrators not change such ridiculous setting?

Even when they visit other countries.

Should the white man be blamed?

There is no ''lie'' in anything I typed. What is your own in acting as bodyguard to white men anyway? Don't you have anything better to do with your time? No one even mentioned ''white man'' on this thread till you came in.

1 Like

Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Gerrard59(m): 3:02am On May 03, 2018
Rosskii:

There is no ''lie'' in anything I typed. What is your own in acting as bodyguard to white men anyway? Don't you have anything better to do with your time? No one even mentioned ''white man'' on this thread till you came in.

But you have an impeccable record on Nairaland for blaming EVERY ill in Africa on the white man. So why is this different? Are they not responsible?

Apparently, pedestrian walkways is not an ill since you cannot explain why a country like Rwanda has pedestrian walkways fully covered but Nigeria doesn't. Before you say Rwanda is a small country which is why it's possible. How about other states in Nigeria that have similar population and are even richer than Rwanda?

It would be highly hypocritical if you blame others for every ill you can think of, but omit this one from the list.
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by owbabs: 3:56am On May 03, 2018
Rosskii:

That's why we have to #takeitback in 2019 - Sowore grin

We have analog brains ruling this country
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Siberia01(m): 6:33am On May 03, 2018
angry angry
blame those abokis who takes delight in opening them

Gerrard59:

Covered and no sight of the gutter? You mean Oron Road? IBB Way? Edet Akpan Avenue? Atiku Way?

The only place where you have covered walkways is Nwaniba Road. Even Shelter Afrique doesn't have pedestrian tracks!

P.S. When I mean covered walkways, I mean completely covered. No sight of what's beneath it. Check the picture I quoted earlier.
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:55am On May 03, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
The Lagos state government does not shy from announcing how they want Lagos to be reputed as a Mega city.

Lagos state, which is home to about 22 million Nigerians, is currently ranked the 5th largest economy in Africa. The state government is making deliberate effort to push it to the 3rd largest economy on the continent.

To earn and promote the image of a Mega City, the Lagos state government has been putting in massive infrastructures in place in critical sectors of the Lagos economy such as transport sector, road construction and rehabilitation, construction of lay-bys, and flyovers among others, etc.

On February 6, 2017, Governor Ambode announced that he was planning to ban Danfo buses in the metropolis by the end of the year. This he believes is necessary, as Danfos do not compliment the state’s ambition to be recognized as a respectable Mega city.

In his words, “When I wake up in the morning and see all these yellow buses and see Okada and all kinds of tricycles and then we claim we are a mega city, that is not true and we must first acknowledge that that is a faulty connectivity that we are running”.

No doubt, the government is putting in enormous efforts to achieve the status of one of the world’s Mega Cities.

However, no one appears to have noticed that the idea of Lagos becoming a Mega city of reckoning amounts to a cruel joke if the state government still builds or retains open drainage systems.

Indeed, the sight of some of these drainage systems does no justice to the much desired status of Lagos as a mega city.

See more pictures of some very filthy and disgraceful drainage systems in Lagos HERE.

Or what do you think?

https://autojosh.com/mega-city-why-does-the-lagos-state-government-still-construct-open-drainage-system/

22 million is mega
ambode is a calamity
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by justtoodark: 10:55am On May 03, 2018
Gerrard59:

This is not possible. Lagos is not a country.

Thank you very much. I'm yet to see the rationale behind open gutters. It is not beautiful. The worse is when there are walkways, but gutters beside them. What is wrong in covering everywhere?

Part of Surulere has it (everywhere is covered). Calabar under D.Duke did well. Uyo? None of the cretins (Akpabio & Udom) did not and is not do(ing) it (covering gutters).

closed gutters is a bad idea in nigeria....we need to learn to manage waste better before closing gutters.....nigerian planners are not stvpid,they know our dont care mentality....if you close gutters and people still throw away things anyway and anyhow,wouldnt the closed gutters still be blocked....??

and who is going to go into the closed gutters to clean them....??....you....??

do you know how many dangerous gas can develope inside.....??

think before you talk....
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by owbabs: 12:20pm On May 03, 2018
People are misunderstanding the meaning of a Mega City. The OP has misused the word
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 03, 2018
biacan:
You're looking like low American gangster cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy chimoooo cheesy cheesy
what makes you think i am not a gangster? and what does a low American gangster means?, grin
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by biacan(f): 12:55pm On May 03, 2018
gypsey:
what makes you think i am not a gangster? and what does a low American gangster means?, grin
Oh sure you are......... you're trying to keep to keep up with their ways of life with your dressing cheesy cheesy
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 03, 2018
biacan:
Oh sure you are......... you're trying to keep to keep up with their ways of life with your dressing cheesy cheesy
Mmm... i take it you wouldn't want a gangster husband then tongue
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by biacan(f): 2:41pm On May 03, 2018
gypsey:
Mmm... i take it you wouldn't want a gangster husband then tongue
Says who biko don't spoil what we've already planned..... enugo tongue
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 03, 2018
biacan:
Says who biko don't spoil what we've already planned..... enugo tongue
tongue grin okay oo!
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by biacan(f): 3:15pm On May 03, 2018
gypsey:
tongue grin okay oo!
See how you fat cheesy cheesy
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 03, 2018
biacan:
See how you fat cheesy cheesy
yes oo! i ate a lot of Akpu and drank a lot of palm wine and beer . grin
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by biacan(f): 7:52pm On May 03, 2018
gypsey:
yes oo! i ate a lot of Akpu and drank a lot of palm wine and beer . grin
You don begin get boobs ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 03, 2018
biacan:
You don begin get boobs ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
that's why i ran away from naija, now i am trying to loose a lot of weight tongue
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by biacan(f): 8:28pm On May 03, 2018
gypsey:
that's why i ran away from naija, now i am trying to loose a lot of weight tongue
No place like home cheesy
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 03, 2018
biacan:
No place like home cheesy
yes oo! tongue
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by biacan(f): 8:39pm On May 03, 2018
gypsey:
yes oo! tongue
Did you come with your kids or you left them there.....? especially that little sweet boy kiss kiss
Re: Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) by Gerrard59(m): 9:17pm On May 03, 2018
justtoodark:

closed gutters is a bad idea in nigeria....we need to learn to manage waste better before closing gutters.....nigerian planners are not stvpid,they know our dont care mentality....if you close gutters and people still throw away things anyway and anyhow,wouldnt the closed gutters still be blocked....??

How will the gutters be blocked when it's fully covered?

You not me should think before typing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It Sounds Impossible For Me To Lose The 2019 Elections - President Buhari Brags / Deji Adeyanju Visits Mike Ozekhome (Photos) / FG Releases N162.5bn SUKUK Funds For Federal Road Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.