Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio (55484 Views)

Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. / The Favourite Who Loved Me (18+) / The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by gal10(f): 12:28pm On May 26, 2018
Woww lovely!!
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by emmytemmy: 6:24pm On May 27, 2018
Lovely, pls let ur update be timely

1 Like

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by afolabiwunmi: 11:40am On May 28, 2018
Weldone ma'am
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by AndyGlobal: 5:46pm On May 28, 2018
Nobody invited me sad
Anyway I'm here by myself
Somebody shuu call Adesina to get me some popcorn
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by PrudySara(f): 11:48am On May 30, 2018
Nice one. Thanks for the update Angelsss
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Temperance7(f): 6:57pm On May 30, 2018
Nice work Angelsss. Really can't wait for more. You have turn me to oliver twist cheesy cheesy
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nice story line, bt its sad tht there is no more updates...
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2018

2 Likes

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
Pray for me guys, I am not feeling well.
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
Angelsss:
. You are healed in Jesus' Name.. Amen
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Halyma(f): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
Angelsss:
Thanks for the update. May God restore your sound health earnestly.

1 Like

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by AndyGlobal: 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
Angelsss:
By His stripes you are healed
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Ann2012(f): 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
Angelsss:
Thanks for the update, you are healed dear.
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Yuneehk(f): 12:05am On Jun 08, 2018
Angelsss:
Sorry dear. You're healed in Jesus name, Amen
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by mirob(f): 6:25am On Jun 08, 2018
Angelsss:

You are healed in Jesus name.
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by FortunateB(f): 7:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
By His stripes you are healed
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by afolabiwunmi: 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
You are healed in Jesus name, kudos ma'am.
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by temzei(f): 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
You are heal IJN
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2018
I believe you are much better?

How far with the story or do you have a link where one can read up the story?
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by teanumi(f): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2018
I tire for dis inconsistency in update
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 1:15am On Jun 19, 2018
YOU FIRST LOVED ME- EPISODE 7

Dania Republic....
Ore was hesitant at first, wanting an explanation for their sudden leaving, but one look at his stern face shut down that part of her that had wanted to argue. Gavin dropped some money on the table and called the waiter’s attention to it, then rushed out of the restaurant with Ore close to his side.
He was not the type of pastor that argued with the Holy Spirit or took his warning lightly, before the lord had spoken to him, his spirit must have sensed something dangerous lurking around.
‘I am sorry for this, but I have a good reason.’ He pulled open the car door and helped her in.
Ore had waited for his explanation, was he ill or something? Or didn’t he enjoy her company?
Her insides squirmed as she remembered she had mentioned her ex. Paul! She had ruined this date with her own hands, if she had known she would not have mentioned him, but what about the dreadful vision she had about the man?
‘I am sorry I upset you Gavin...I didn’t mean to bring up my ex.’ She licked her lips nervously, ready to say more. She just couldn’t let Gavin dump her, Paul had already broken her heart, somehow she had come to accept his absence, but Gavin? Gavin was a good man and she knew deep down that she did not deserve him.

‘Upset me?’ His brows came together in confusion, what was she talking about?
‘I was not upset about your trance, we left because the Holy Spirit asked me to. Something was not right in that restaurant and I had to leave. It is not good to disobey his voice, disobedience comes with consequences.’ Gavin explained patiently.
Respite washed over her as she realized their leaving was in no way connected to Paul. But what about the revelation she had about him? Didn’t that mean anything?

As if reading her thoughts, ‘You know it’s quite strange that I had a vision today at the office, A man came to me and introduced his name as Paul.’
Gavin had prayed about this vision but he was yet to receive answers.
Her heart was pounding fast now, her breath was ragged. Was Paul trying to jeopardize her friendship with Gavin? What was he up to?
‘Don’t worry Ore, on our knees, we’ll get to the bottom of this.’ He noticed she was worried.
‘Okay.’ She mumbled.

He didn’t mean to pry, but he had to ask her questions about her ex, he guessed the lord was trying to lead him somewhere.
‘How did you guys break up?’ He blurted out.
Ore sighed not knowing how to begin.
Before Paul, other men had come and gone, but they never loved her else they would have been patient with her. She was mostly depressed and suffered mood swings, all these were after effects of her constant abuse at the hands of the men that lived with them in the orphanage.
Her eyes watered as she remembered her first sex. She had only been ten years old when it happened. She had gone out to urinate since they had no toilets within the hostels, one of the gatemen covered her mouth with his rough hands and pulled down her clothes.
“No!” Her screams were muffled by the width and thickness of his palms. Tears poured down her cheeks like a river, but the death of night swallowed her shouts for help. It didn’t take long before he plunged his penis into her...this singular incident signalled the cycle of sexual abuse in her life.
‘Are you okay?’ Gavin noticed she was crying. He felt bad for asking her about her ex, from her reaction, it was obvious that the break up had been messy.

‘Look ore, you don’t need to talk about him. I’m sorry I asked, I just wanted to be sure we’re both safe.’ He hated seeing people cry, this one was an angel and it hurt him that he’d made her cry.

She was living a lie if she thought a man like Gavin would accept her and love her. She was damaged goods, a tough bundle to be with.
‘Stop the car.’ She wiped her face.
‘What?’ Gavin was astonished by the tone of her voice which had receded to a biting cold.
‘Stop the car!’ She snapped at him, irritation embraced her as images of the past hurts and rejection flooded her mind.
Gavin obeyed and pulled over at once, she grabbed her purse and jumped out of the car at once, running into the emptiness, loneliness and eerie silence of the unknown street.
‘Wait! Ore!’ Gavin got out of the car, he had wanted to follow her, but stopped as she began running, what was wrong with her.
He returned to the car, set to chase after her. He had made the mistake by letting her go, something was not right with Ore and he felt she needed him more than ever.
He was about to start the car when a white envelope caught his eye, he was sure he had not brought that along with him.
‘Definitely not mine...’ he lowered himself and raised it closer to his orbs, so he could have a better view.
When he opened it, he found a black and white picture of two little girls, one of them he recognized instantly as Ore, while the other one had piercing eyes which were pregnant with familiarity.
He had a strong feeling he had seen the other girl somewhere....
“Go Home.” The Spirit of God whispered to him.
‘I can’t just go home Lord, I can’t leave her there. She is hurting because of me, I shouldn’t have asked her any question. Please don’t tell me to go home.’ Gavin had to argue with the Spirit for the first time.
There was silence for two full minutes...
“She is not hurting because of you...”
‘Then why is she hurting? Tell me...please.’ He spoke to the spirit through his mind.
“Can you handle it?” The Holy Spirit asked.
Gavin was about to ask another question when he felt the urge to look up, he took in a deep breath and stared into the streets...he saw a team of twelve angels holding placards that read: “Go home, you cannot handle it!”

The sight of their fiery blue eyes and their pristine wings scared him at first, their swords were sheath but the scabbards were still fiery. He knew he had no option but to obey.
But he was eager to know what Ore was keeping from him, he wanted her to trust him with her secret, her life.
Julia had noticed their sudden movement from the restaurant, she was no fool. Somehow she had a feeling that Gavin knew he was being monitored, this was the reason he had left with his girlfriend, but his sudden exit did not deter Julia from following him.
‘Shit.’ She clenched her fist as she saw his car move away the minute she arrived the strange street.
She had planned to shoot him there and then as Gavin seemed evasive, this could be the closest she would ever get to him.
‘Bleep, he’s gone...’ she felt her pocket for her revolver which was still intact.
She closed her eyes and took in the stale air of the dirty street, how could she fail on her first mission? No, she had to do something, she had to chase after him.
If her new master Paul called for some info, what would she tell him? The Phoenix accepted no excuses, it was either you delivered or you failed to deliver.
Julia drew out a pack of Marlboro sticks and pulled one out, her heart sank as she realized she had not come with a lighter.
‘Everything is shit down here!’ She tossed the cig on the floor and watched the stars that stalked her with.
‘I miss this...’ a small smile played on her lips as she remembered the times she used to spend with her elder sister before she was taken by the Phoenix. Immediately the memory flashed, she forced it out of her mind, this was not the time to focus on past meetings with the people that she loved.
This was the time to find Gavin Adediran and kill him for good.
She had managed to get some pieces of their small talk, her heart skipped as she remembered they had made mention of her new master, Paul, but she had not been able to get more as more people had flocked into the restaurant.
‘I have to find my way through this...’ Julia licked her lips anxiously thinking of a plan. What if she tried to seduce Gavin at the office? Maybe he would slip and tell her all what she needed to know.
That sounded nice to her, but what if it failed? She could lose her job, and that would push her farther away from him and the mission.
‘Bleep.’ She cursed.
Suddenly, the hairs on her neck trembled as a gentle wind of a human presence rocked them. She felt for her gun and held it tightly as she realized someone was behind her.
She waited for a voice or a message but when there was none, she pulled out her gun and swirled round.
‘Please don’t kill me!’ Ore screamed.
She was done crying and feeling sorry for herself, she regretted running out of Gavin’s car like that, she needed to call him and apologize for her behaviour.
Julia recognized her at once as the lady that had been with Gavin, this was it! She was the key to everything!
‘Please...don’t...I’ll give you my phone, my money, anything you want.’ Ore fell on her knees.
Her attacker was strikingly beautiful, she had the perfect physique and Caucasian features, she reminded her of Oye, her younger sister who was fondly called, “Oyibo pepper.”
But this was not Oye, her sister if she were still alive would not be a criminal. Ore was terrified of this lady as her eyes were unusually calm and unreadable. She couldn’t tell if she were happy or sad, if she would show her pity or if she would pull the trigger.
Julia was drawn to the woman’s eyes, she was natural yet very attractive, she found it difficult to utter any word as she was lost in her eyes.
She wanted to ask her about Gavin, then shoot her afterwards. She wanted to ask how they knew Paul too, but when she opened her mouth, no words came out.
Was this some kind of magic? She was Julia! She killed without thinking, blood and bullets were the only language she understood.
‘Please ...’ Ore begged, she was so terrified of the gun.
But Julia wouldn’t listen to her pleas, since she couldn’t ask the questions, she had no other option but to kill her as she had already seen her face.
She pulled the trigger and released it. A loud scream broke the silence of the night.
Gavin had not slept much at night, he couldn’t stop himself from thinking about Ore, so he was the first to wake.
After saying some prayers, he moved straight to the kitchen and made himself a cup of coffee, he had a lot of business meetings to attend and he needed all the energy he could get.
‘You look more handsome without your shirt on.’
Gavin froze as he realized there was a visitor in the house, he had totally forgotten about Delilah because of the events of the night.
‘Delilah...’ he turned round and faced her, he swallowed as he saw through her transparent and lacy night gown, he quickly pulled his eyes away and focused on the ceiling.
‘What kept you out so late?’ She asked.
‘I...I had some engagement.’ He stuttered.
‘Gavin! I may not come to work today, Irene our newest worker would fill in my space, what do you think?’ Lily called to her brother, but stopped the moment she found him and Delilah alone in the kitchen.
‘Oops.’ Lily rolled her eyes and retreated.
‘Can I come to the office with you?’ Delilah asked.

TO BE CONTINUED.
WRITTEN BY ROSE AKPABIO- 2018
Jesus loves you, no matter what you have done, his blood is available to wash you clean. Give your life to him today.

11 Likes

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Krizbaby: 9:35am On Jun 19, 2018
So loving this ..nice one...keep it rollin kiss
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by afolabiwunmi: 9:46am On Jun 19, 2018
Welcome back ma'am hope you are good, kudos.
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by mercyymai(f): 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for the update.
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for the update

We want more.........
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 12:03am On Jun 24, 2018
YOU FIRST LOVED ME EPISODE NINE

‘Um... if you want to.’ Gavin stuttered, trying hard not to stare at her body. He hadn’t expected her to approach him this way. He had not known her for long, but he had expected her to carry herself like a virtuous woman. His mother had introduced her as a lady from one of the most serious Christian families in the Island of Carida. Right before him stood a seductress, one that had desperation smeared allover her features, he resented her at once.

‘I want to Gavin…but I need to know if you really want me there.’ She sauntered towards him, knowing the power that her well carved body wielded.
Right from the moment she saw his picture, she was attracted to him. Gavin was the only man that she had truly admired, the one that she desired more strongly than her former lover Julia, who was yet to call her.
‘It’s going to be a busy day for me Delilah, I don’t want it to look like I am ignoring you. I have a lot of meetings to attend, you heard what my sister Lily said.’ He was not lying about the meeting, he was only trying to get himself far away from her.
One thing was certain, his mother had chosen the wrong bride for him, Delilah was not suitable to be his wife, the Holy Spirit didn’t have need to tell him this, he had already made up his mind that his mother would not choose a bride for him.

‘Okay then…I will just do something else. ’She was not happy about his busy schedule but she wouldn’t give up on him just yet, she had come to Dania republic for Gavin and she was not going to leave without him.
‘Very well then, have this for a successful day.’ She leaned forward, her chest almost meeting his’
Gavin held his breath, he felt trapped and cornered and there was no way of escape.
Delilahconsidered his well of dark eyes, then dropped her lips lightly on the side of his face. Her breath was hot against his skin, she smelt of lust, perversion and wanton desire and he didn’t want to have anything to do with such a woman.
‘I have to go back to bed, sleep calls.’ She patted his chin and moved out of the kitchen.
‘Have a beautiful day too, Delilah’. He called after her.

He was greatly relieved that she was gone, he could now focus on other things.
His mind rested on Ore, he wondered where she was now and how she fared. He was eager to learn about her pain and what had driven her into the night.
“Can you handle it?” He remembered the question the Holy spirit had posed.
He was a pastor, he had heard a lot of confessions; stories of regret; the darkest and dirtiest of secrets, he was sure he could handle anything. He would not let the Spirit be, he needed to know Ore’s pain, he wanted to be a part of it.
However, concerning the strange vision of the unfamiliar man whose name was Paul, he felt he had his answers. Since he had been Ore’s ex, he may still have interest in her.
‘You don’t like her do you?’ Lily strolled into the kitchen.
‘Like who?’ Gavin lifted his eyes from the mug he held and glared at his younger sister.
‘Come on bro, don’t play dumb with me. We both know the person in question.’ She crossed her arms against her chest and leaned on the tall gas cylinder.
She liked Delilah for her elder brother, she felt he mother had made the right choice but it seemed her brother’s mind was somewhere else. Gavin and herself were close, the only secrets he kept from her were the secrets revealed to him by the Holy Spirit or the secrets of his church members, aside these, they were one in blood and in flesh.
‘It’s too early to assume, I think Delilah is a beautiful soul.’ He knew his sister and his mother were taken by her false charms, but he was not swayed by it.
Lily peeled herself away from the cylinder and moved to where he stood.
‘Tell me Gavin, are you seeing someone? Who did you hang out with last night?’ She winked and rubbed her palms together, eager for some news.

‘I already told you baby sis, It was a business dinner, what more do you want to hear from me?’ He gulped what remained of the brown liquid then dropped the mug into the sink.
‘Okay then…’she seemed to believe him, ‘I just came to tell you that mum is really excited about you two, she cannot wait for the big day!’
Gavin laughed inside of him, but appeared cool on the outside.
‘Well, in the end, God’s will must prevail.’ He winked and strode out of the kitchen so he could prepare for work. He decided to give Ore some space, whenever she was ready to talk to him, she had his phone number.
Now, he had to focus on the company.
To kill Gavin Adediran would be the hardest job she would ever do, but she was not scared. Julia feared no one, no child of the phoenix threaded the path of fear. She had seen death face-to-face, she had been caged by darkness, she had swum in the river of blood, but she had come out victorious.
There were many ways to kill man, the first way was to poison him.
‘And if this does not work…’ she stared at the poisonous substance in the little emerald vial she held in one hand…
‘This will…’ she raised the bright red lipstick and drew an arc on her lips. If he escaped her seduction, he would not escape the poison. Every man had a price, every man had a weakness. To pull down the stronghold, one needed an entrance to the inside.
She wore a short skirt that revealed her sleek and creamy laps, a lacy top that showed just lovely boobs.
‘How long do you intend to keep me here? I have done nothing to you, you should release me.’ Ore struggled to break free from the metallic cords that bound her to a wooden chair.
Julia ignored her and focused on her make –up.
‘The Police would find the guy that you killed, they will trace him to you. If I were you, I’d flee town never to return.’ Ore was angry at the stranger who held her against her will.
Julia bit her lip and glared at the woman whose mouth ran like a damaged tap. She cursed herself for not ending her life the night before. She had pointed the gun at Ore, but someone else had showed up in the street, drunk man who had also seen her face, she had no option but to end his life and flee the scene with Ore.
Anger burned her cheeks bright red, she dropped her lipstick and walked towards her captive. Before Ore could utter any other word, Julia released her hand and struck her across the face.
‘Don’t you ever threaten me…don’t you ever threaten a child of the phoenix. You know nothing about me, you know nothing about my journey in life. I am the shadow, I am death. I choose who lives and who dies, so you should be thankful that I spared your life.’
The sting of her slap silenced Ore for just a minute.
‘You lie! You didn’t spare my life, the lord Jesus whom I serve, spared my life. Death has no power over me because I serve the resurrection and the life.’ Ore would not let her situation weigh her down. She had faith in the lord, she had faith that he would deliver her from the hands of this mad woman.
Her only ache was the way she had treated Gavin…Julia had ceased her phone and other properties that belonged to her, no one would know her whereabouts. She was in a fix!

Julia hated the words that she spewed, those words tormented her. She realized there was something odd about this lady, whenever the urge to kill her crossed her mind, something else will come up.
‘I’ll be back for you, I’ll send you to heaven to see that your Jesus.’ Julia hissed angrily, then fetched some pieces of cloth on her bed and stuffed it into Ore’s mouth.

She returned to the dresser to apply another coat of powder on her face when the Phoenix called. She froze, took a deep breath, ‘Master Paul.’
‘There’s been a murder in Walstreet Odoja, the style is like yours, do you have anything to do with it?’ The master asked.
Julia turned around and stared at her captive, who was gasping for breath with tears streaming down her face.
‘I had to kill him, he saw my face when I was about to shoot Gavin Adediran.’ She lied, she could not tell the master about Ore, else he would call for her instant assassination, which she was not ready to carry out.’
‘You followed him…’The master said.
‘Yes, I almost had him but he slipped through my fingers.’ She returned.
‘Good. You should make another attempt.’ The master suggested.
‘Yes, today. I plan to give him the swift death.’ Julia was confident that this would work.
‘I will be expecting the result. Play safe Julia.’
‘Thank you Master.’
The conference hall was already occupied with people, who waited for the arrival of their boss. Just in time, Gavin swaggered into the hall in a maroon suit and milky white shoes, all murmuring ceased and everyone rose to acknowledge the entrance of the boss.
‘Good morning everyone, sorry I had a rough night.’ He took his seat.
“Good morning sir.” The board members chorused.
He took out some files from his briefcase and skimmed through them.
‘Where is Mr. Arongwa?’ Gavin asked after the head of the board.
Silence stepped into the room.
He noticed a sad look on the faces of most of the board members.
‘Sir…his only son was murdered last night, as we speak, Walstreet Odoja is under lock by the Police.’ Another board member dropped the morning’s paper, “Davina’s Daily.” In front of Gavin.
His heart missed a bit as he recognized the street at once, Ore had jumped out of the car into these streets.
‘No.’ He muttered, then rose to his feet. He needed to find Ore.
WRITTEN BY ROSE AKPABIO@2018
Jesus loves you. He is willing to take your cross. Give your life to him today.

8 Likes

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
cry cry cry I just hope ore is not used to trap Gavin since the unknown sister has held her captive. And just when will Ore and julia know they ae sisters already

Welldone Angelsss, pls keep the updates coming.

1 Like

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Nmaglit: 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
thanks for the update
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by teanumi(f): 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
good job
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by afolabiwunmi: 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by mercyymai(f): 11:14am On Jun 26, 2018
Gmartins:
cry cry cry I just hope ore is not used to trap Gavin since the unknown sister has held her captive. And just when will Ore and julia know they ae sisters already

Welldone Angelsss, pls keep the updates coming.

how do you know they are sisters?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / Funny 40 Alleged Quotes From President ROBERT MUGABE / Sinister Affections By Nevetsibot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.