Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

FG Endorses Sanusi! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Endorses Sanusi! (7688 Views)

Under Pressure From Boko Haram, Kidnappers, FG Endorses Militias In States / FG Endorses Cancellation Of Promotion Exams For Civil Servants / FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Endorses Sanusi! by ADint(m): 7:18am On May 20, 2010
Brass up! More reforms (TSanumis) coming ! grin grin grin

[b]In what appears to be the first public endorsement by the Federal Government of the banking sector reforms being carried out by the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) on Wednesday commended his efforts in repositioning the sector.
This is as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) confirmed that it would undertake another round of banking consolidation to further stimulate and strengthen the nation’s economy.

Briefing State House correspondents after the weekly Federal Executive Council’s meeting presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan, Dora Akunyili, minister of information and communications joined by Labaran Maku, minister of state for information and communications, said “in order to further strengthen the financial sector and ensure its maximum contribution to the economy, the CBN is considering other banking sector regulation initiatives.

These will include the replacement of the current universal banking model with commercial, mortgage and non-interest banks with strong emphasis on corporate governance and board performance”.
[/b]

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11217:sanusi-cbn-governor-gets-fgs-endorsement&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by bigben3: 7:40am On May 20, 2010
well
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by tkb417(m): 8:15am On May 20, 2010
come and join me sing Halleluyah, jehohav Jireh has done me well 2ce

Jehovah ure too muchhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin

all enemies, thieves, political thugs, rogues can now run back to their claves

SLS is not getting sacked anytime soon

i have a good feeling Jonathan is the man to save Nigeria grin grin grin

well done Joey cheesy cheesy cheesy

SLS, can we have more thieves behind bars plsss cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by funkybaby(f): 8:21am On May 20, 2010
na wa oh angry
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by funkybaby(f): 8:23am On May 20, 2010
ADint:

Brass up! More reforms (TSanumis) coming ! grin grin grin

seriously, it is not funny. angry
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by fyneguy: 8:27am On May 20, 2010
Ope oooooooooooo

Now I can support Jo
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by funkybaby(f): 8:29am On May 20, 2010
tkb417:

come and join me sing Halleluyah, jehohav Jireh has done me well 2ce

Jehovah ure too muchhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin grin

all enemies, thieves, political thugs, rogues can now run back to their claves

SLS is not getting sacked anytime soon

i have a good feeling Jonathan is the man to save Nigeria grin grin grin

well done Joey cheesy cheesy cheesy

SLS, can we have more thieves behind bars plsss cheesy cheesy

tkb, o serious.

forget about the theives.
do you know so many people have lost their jobs thanks to this guy's ''sweeping reforms'' ?
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by tkb417(m): 8:36am On May 20, 2010
funkybaby:

tkb, o serious.

forget about the theives.
do you know so many people have lost their jobs thanks to this guy's ''sweeping reforms'' ?

what do i do to you?

do you want me to use plier to cut ur head and put the info into it?

if SLS hadnt done what he did, not only will people be sacked, your savings would have gone, banks closed, economy shot in the leg

if Sanusis reforms has affected 20,000; if he hadnt done what he did, im sure more than 100,000 would have lost their jobs

so the choice is yours our beautiful funkybabe
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by darqly(m): 8:43am On May 20, 2010
@tkb honestly i'm tired of giving that exact response to those stressing that sls is the reason people lost their jobs. He's the reason why Nigeria didn't wake up one morning and find that half our banks had gone kaput,savings lost and ALL jobs lost, Lehman Brothers style. Let our banks do business the proper way,build true corporate governance structures and by all means adhere to due process!
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by tkb417(m): 8:46am On May 20, 2010
darqly:

@tkb honestly i'm tired of giving that exact response to those stressing that sls is the reason people lost their jobs. He's the reason why Nigeria didn't wake up one morning and find that half our banks had gone kaput,savings lost and ALL jobs lost, Lehman Brothers style. Let our banks do business the proper way,build true corporate governance structures and by all means adhere to due process!
bro, im tired myself

is it very difficult for people to understand?

im tired abeg. I thank God we have a smart government
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by Nobody: 8:52am On May 20, 2010
Yaaayyeeeeeeeeeee, Great one, I have had it with Vangard and their baised reporting concerning anything that has to do SLS.
How is SLS fault that banks and COE were commiting massive fraud and he stopped it, rescued my kobo with one of the banks. Carry go Jare
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by funkybaby(f): 8:55am On May 20, 2010
tkb417:

what do i do to you?

do you want me to use plier to cut your head and put the info into it?

if SLS hadnt done what he did, not only will people be sacked, your savings would have gone, banks closed, economy shot in the leg

if Sanusis reforms has affected 20,000; if he hadnt done what he did, im sure more than 100,000 would have lost their jobs
so the choice is yours our beautiful funkybabe

indeed **** rolls eyes***

ADint:

These will include the replacement of the current universal banking model with commercial, mortgage and non-interest banks with strong emphasis on corporate governance and board performance”.

TKB, can you please explain the meaning of the bolded part.

is it what i am thinking it is?
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by tkb417(m): 9:09am On May 20, 2010
TKB, can you please explain the meaning of the bolded part.

is it what i am thinking it is?
Non-interest banks is non-interest banks abeg

dont start any religious schitzo abeg grin cheesy
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by opokonwa(m): 9:18am On May 20, 2010
@tkb417, I feel you smiley

For the 1st time on Nairaland, sb is sharing my views on Sanusi and the implications of his reforms.
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by deor03(m): 9:25am On May 20, 2010
In as much as Sanusi reforms has affected a lot of Nigerians, I believe that it is better we lay a GOOD foundation for our financial institutions.

We have lost a little now, but i fell we WOULD have lost even more.

The day reforms start in all sectors of this country, these will happen over and over. Just imagine reforming (Transport , Oil and Gas, Power, Health) a whole lot of people will be affected but the long term effect will be what we really desire
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by Nobody: 9:32am On May 20, 2010
deor03:

In as much as Sanusi reforms has affected a lot of Nigerians, I believe that it is better we lay a GOOD foundation for our financial institutions.

The day reforms start in all sectors of this country, these will happen over and over. Just imagine reforming (Transport , Oil and Gas, Power, Health) a whole lot of people will be affected but the long term effect will be what we really desire
Especially power, a lot of jobs will be lost before power will be stable, most workers are reall corrupt
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by tkb417(m): 9:37am On May 20, 2010
deor03:

well said

ive said it many times on this blog that what SLS did should be replicated in other sectors and b4 we know it, we are where we wanna be
we need his likes in other sectors

nice one bro
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by mbulela: 10:04am On May 20, 2010
tkb417:

well said

ive said it many times on this blog that what SLS did should be replicated in other sectors and b4 we know it, we are where we wanna be
we need his likes in other sectors

nice one bro

Just wait for Naijaking1, he will be here very soon.
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by opokonwa(m): 10:08am On May 20, 2010
Once you wanna clean up the system in this country, rather than massive support, you will come under massive attack from the 'powers that be' benefitting from the status quo.
Worse still, majority of Nigerians are not very informed on this issue. All we know is 'some people lost some jobs'. We re-echo the ethnic-religious mistrust between the North and South, Christians and Muslims rather than examining the facts on Ground.

Sanusi is my man for his massive COURAGE.

Clean up the System I say!
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by tkb417(m): 10:09am On May 20, 2010
mbulela:

Just wait for Naijaking1, he will be here very soon.
he has only one line

" SLS isnt qualified to head the CBN cos he studied in Sudan"

ive heard that b4 so i dont think he has anythn new to say
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by mbulela: 10:28am On May 20, 2010
tkb417:

he has only one line

i guess he has found new ways of saying the same old thing.
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by Nobody: 10:33am On May 20, 2010
tkb417:

he has only one line

LOL. "Islamic and Northern Agenda". "Sanusi is Sharia Activist not an Economist", "Why was Unity Bank not involved' back to Northern Agenda again
Off topic :Where is Jakumo?
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by texazzpete(m): 10:52am On May 20, 2010
Don't you just LOVE how Sanusi haters like speaking in absolutes?

i.e Under Sanusi a lot of bankers lost their jobs, therefore he is the devil and he must be blamed.

By that same token, we should crucify Soludo - under his tenure the Naira went from N115 to a dollar to N155.

Funny how they insist that the banks were very sound, meanwhile the banks are busy declaring astronomic losses for the first time in years.

No matter how flawed the CBN debtors' list was, it enabled the banks recover tens - if not hundreds - of billions of Naira owed to them by heartless debtors.
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by bibiking1(m): 11:29am On May 20, 2010
aisha2:

Yaaayyeeeeeeeeeee, Great one, I have had it with Vangard and their baised reporting concerning anything that has to do SLS.
How is SLS fault that banks and COE were commiting massive fraud and he stopped it, rescued my kobo with one of the banks. Carry go Jare

Vanguard sometimes come across to me as a regional paper! they were so sentimental about the whole incidence that it smelled of petty partisan politicking
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by violent(m): 11:50am On May 20, 2010
You gotta love Joey!

The dude allowed Gusau to speak his folly to the public, with the ilks of NaijaKing screaming[i] "whatever Gusau says, the federal government says"
[/i], how fóolish they must feel right now.

I told em {NaijaKing and others}, yes i did. . . i told em!. . . . you shouldn't listen to the rantings of an army staff who has been found mired within the murky waters of bribery and scandals. . . . but to my naive friends, "he's the NSA, his duties are directly related to banking, he speaks for the president. . bla bla bla". . hear this, a slowpoke even went further to argue that "he's got more data on banking than the CBN governor" . . seriously?
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by marvix(m): 12:19pm On May 20, 2010
I cant believe that all anti Sanusi members have avoided commenting on this thread, Jonathan sure knows how to move, Nigeria needs more Sanusis in other sector of the economy, can we imagine what impact a reform like his would achieve in the petroleum industry, or power sector of this country.

I dont know why people can not see others in the light of what they are, Sanusi is nobodys apologist and does not involve in bribe taking eventhough he is a muslim but a lot of "christian CEOs" were taking bribes or cuts in loan deals they were giving in their banks going ahead with such dirty money and donating it to churches.

Jonathan 4 2011
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by ud4u: 12:21pm On May 20, 2010
fingers crossed
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by tkb417(m): 12:43pm On May 20, 2010
i agree, Jonathan for President !!!!

Im sure by tmr Naijaking will come with a post on a disgruntled alaba trader on how he lost his warehouse to SLS's reforms

This is the only country where a good man is slated; its appalling that these anti sanusi people didnt see anythin wrong in what the CEOs did and how they almost single handedly kill the economy

shame on the educated ones amongst them cos its obvious, education cannot polish a bushman

once a bushman, always a bushman
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by edoyad(m): 12:47pm On May 20, 2010
@marvix you're contradicting yourself. Do you think corruption only refers to accepting and giving bribes ? What about getting appointed to a position inspite of not being qualified to hold that office ? So because one doesn't accept bribes but still goes ahead to accept becoming an economics lecturer in a University his uncle V.C. , though he only has a B A in yoruba language that to you is not corruption.
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by funkybaby(f): 12:51pm On May 20, 2010
marvix:

I cant believe that all anti Sanusi members have avoided commenting on this thread, Jonathan sure knows how to move, Nigeria needs more Sanusis in other sector of the economy, can we imagine what impact a reform like his would achieve in the petroleum industry, or power sector of this country.

I dont know why people can not see others in the light of what they are, Sanusi is nobodys apologist and does not involve in bribe taking eventhough he is a muslim but a lot of "christian CEOs" were taking bribes or cuts in loan deals they were giving in their banks going ahead with such dirty money and donating it to churches.

Jonathan 4 2011
tkb417:

i agree, Jonathan for President !!!!

Im sure by tmr Naijaking will come with a post on a disgruntled alaba trader on how he lost his warehouse to SLS's reforms

This is the only country where a good man is slated; its appalling that these anti sanusi people didnt see anythin wrong in what the CEOs did and how they almost single handedly kill the economy

shame on the educated ones amongst them cos its obvious, education cannot polish a bushman

once a bushman, always a bushman

dunno about other anti-sanusi posters but i personally have never supported or defended what the former CEOs did.

my own point has been: interst rates! interest rates!! interest rates !!!

rates have crashed and the banks are NOT loaning money to individuals to set up businesses. besides, he seems to be implementing too many policies at the same time. hence, the catastrophic effects we are all witnessing

i guess sanusi's approach is to destroy the economy totally and then build it up all over again from the scratch

anyways, its fingers crossed !
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by violent(m): 12:59pm On May 20, 2010
edoyad:

@marvix you're contradicting yourself. Do you think corruption only refers to accepting and giving bribes ? What about getting appointed to a position inspite of not being qualified to hold that office ? So because one doesn't accept bribes but still goes ahead to accept becoming an economics lecturer in a University his uncle V.C. , though he only has  a B A in yoruba language that to you is not corruption.

It's quite worrisome how you relate degree qualification with corruption.

Shouldn't we be looking at work experience, leadership qualities, etc etc, when talking about qualifications rather than base it all on degree?

As a BA Yoruba Language holder, if i'm confident that having spent 10 years dealing with real macroeconomic and microeconomic issues what makes you think me accepting the position of an economics lecturer is tantamount to being corrupt?

All over the world,

Mathematics graduate teach finance.

English graduates work in Mergers and Acquisition deals

Engineering graduates hold top positions at the World Bank

and hey, here is the catch, these guys excel better than their counterparts who actually studied the main course!
Re: FG Endorses Sanusi! by tkb417(m): 1:11pm On May 20, 2010
edoyad:

@marvix you're contradicting yourself. Do you think corruption only refers to accepting and giving bribes ? What about getting appointed to a position inspite of not being qualified to hold that office ? So because one doesn't accept bribes but still goes ahead to accept becoming an economics lecturer in a University his uncle V.C. , though he only has a B A in yoruba language that to you is not corruption.
have you worked in your life cos u come across as another ignorant child

if i hold a BSC Civil Engineering, are you saying i cannot be the MD of a bank?
what exactly do you look for before appointing people? certificates or the years of experience on the job?

SLS has always been a top level banker who knows banking in and out, if that doesnt means nothing to you, then maybe you should tell your economics lecturer to apply for the post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Somebody Needs To Write A Book On The Foolishness Of Biafra And Ojukwu / Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? / Collapsed Lasu-iba Road: Another Brf Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.