Stats: 3,167,197 members, 7,867,460 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:35 PM

I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo (797 Views)

Insecurity: I ‘ll Continue To Prioritise Military Training – Buhari / I’m An Ijaw Herdsman, I ‘ll Take To Full Time Farming – Dickson / I ‘ll Clinch PDP Presidential Ticket—saraki (2) (3) (4)

I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by information1: 10:31am On May 03, 2018
The ex-President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday said he would never support President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term.

Obasanjo also rejected the President’s visit to the United States, and he said it achieved little or nothing for the country.

He said this through a report by his media adviser Kehinde Akinyemi in response to broad insinuation on the social media that he was now backing Buhari for another term.

Obasanjo said:

“From the Buhari/Trump meeting, Chief Obasanjo only saw through three points: One, the US will continue to reduce purchase of crude oil from Nigeria and there is nothing Nigeria under Buhari can do about it; two, the US will export agricultural products to Nigeria and Buhari’s government will encourage that; and three – all the killings taking place in Nigeria by herdsmen are being done by expatriates trained by Gadaffi, and no Nigerian is to blame and Buhari cannot do anything to stop it.

“For whatever the meeting was worth, President Buhari again bungled another opportunity to self-redeem. No wonder President Trump ordered him in a rather condescending manner to go back home and stop the killings going on in Nigeria! We hope now Buhari will heed Trump’s advice which hopefully will be considered non-abusive.”

The report appended:

“For the record, Obasanjo has not and cannot endorse him. Chief Obasanjo sympathizes with the plight of those campaigners and supporters of Buhari. He doesn’t believe dishing out fake news that…will turn black into white.

“Nigerians know that Chief Obasanjo has only spoken the truth about widening poverty, alienation and social disunity and near disintegration of the country under Buhari. Obasanjo will continue to exercise his right to free speech, and no amount of hate speech will assuage Nigerians who are in need of a brand new leadership…

But the Presidency dismissed the statement as unworthy of response.

Presidential spokesman Femi Adesina replied:

“The statement is not worth responding to. The original item being shared on social media did not emanate from us, and if a spokesman is idle enough to use it to vent a spleen once again, good luck to him.”

https://talkgeria.com/ll-never-endorse-buhari-says-obasanjo/
Cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44 seun MissyB3, Fynestboi

Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by edo3(m): 10:32am On May 03, 2018
Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by mpianya39(m): 10:34am On May 03, 2018
As if lazy zoogerians yoot care about your endorsement sef angry angry

Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by princechurchill(m): 10:34am On May 03, 2018
Buhari is the biggest mistake Nigerians made,second to amalgamation

Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by information1: 10:38am On May 03, 2018
information1:
The ex-President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday said he would never support President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term.

Obasanjo also rejected the President’s visit to the United States, and he said it achieved little or nothing for the country.

He said this through a report by his media adviser Kehinde Akinyemi in response to broad insinuation on the social media that he was now backing Buhari for another term.

Obasanjo said:

“From the Buhari/Trump meeting, Chief Obasanjo only saw through three points: One, the US will continue to reduce purchase of crude oil from Nigeria and there is nothing Nigeria under Buhari can do about it; two, the US will export agricultural products to Nigeria and Buhari’s government will encourage that; and three – all the killings taking place in Nigeria by herdsmen are being done by expatriates trained by Gadaffi, and no Nigerian is to blame and Buhari cannot do anything to stop it.

“For whatever the meeting was worth, President Buhari again bungled another opportunity to self-redeem. No wonder President Trump ordered him in a rather condescending manner to go back home and stop the killings going on in Nigeria! We hope now Buhari will heed Trump’s advice which hopefully will be considered non-abusive.”

The report appended:

“For the record, Obasanjo has not and cannot endorse him. Chief Obasanjo sympathizes with the plight of those campaigners and supporters of Buhari. He doesn’t believe dishing out fake news that…will turn black into white.

“Nigerians know that Chief Obasanjo has only spoken the truth about widening poverty, alienation and social disunity and near disintegration of the country under Buhari. Obasanjo will continue to exercise his right to free speech, and no amount of hate speech will assuage Nigerians who are in need of a brand new leadership…

But the Presidency dismissed the statement as unworthy of response.

Presidential spokesman Femi Adesina replied:

“The statement is not worth responding to. The original item being shared on social media did not emanate from us, and if a spokesman is idle enough to use it to vent a spleen once again, good luck to him.”

Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by 35824L: 10:39am On May 03, 2018
Obasanjo is just craving for attention that bubu won't give him. He will fail because bubu is not a coward like Jonathan whom he twisted like crayfish. Sai baba

Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by Dandanlowo: 10:44am On May 03, 2018
Werey ni gbogbo yin grin

Are u a gamer?
Follow this https://www.instagram.com/gamestore_ng/ to order for ur console ps3, ps4, xbox and all other kinds of games and Cd's available at a very cheaper rate
Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:46am On May 03, 2018
OBASANJO, ALWAYS CAMPAIGNING FOR PMB1523
THANKS BABA
Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:46am On May 03, 2018
THANKS BABA
Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by Mogidi: 11:21am On May 03, 2018
ALMUSTAQIM:

THANKS BABA
Are you reading a different article or are you just being delusional?

Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by Paperwhite(m): 11:50am On May 03, 2018
“What we have now is failure. Never you reinforce failure, let failure be failure.........."(OBJ)
Yet OBJ was the navigator of this catastrophic failure undecided
Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by ufuosman(m): 12:19pm On May 03, 2018
U follow put Nigerians for dis rubbish, soon u go face wetin Dino dey face. U never see anything.
Re: I ‘ll Never Endorse Buhari, Says Obasanjo by jimrog: 12:27pm On May 03, 2018
And are u God?

Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! / Ekiti 2018: Crisis Brews In ADC / Frame-up Allegation: Stop Acting Like A Woman, Fayose Tells Obasanjo