Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Meals You Should Taste In Canada - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Meals You Should Taste In Canada (681 Views)

4 Nutritious Nigerian Meals You Can Prepare With N2000 Or Less / This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meals You Should Taste In Canada by PALsConcierge: 5:13pm On May 04, 2018
When you think the mountains, buildings and lakes are the best of Canada but you haven’t tasted their meals. Food and Canadians go hand-in-hand. They don’t joke with their meals neither will they disappoint you with their recipes. Canadians prepare the simplest but mouth-watering meals. Their meals will always leave you with something to talk about.

From my rating, there are five meals you shouldn’t leave Canada without tasting

Poutine
Any Canadian diner that does not have poutine on their menu is a joke. Poutine is one of the most eccentric and major meal of the Canadians. A meal that leaves you asking for more. What we know as fries is Poutine but with a lot of difference. A real poutine uses peppery meat-based gravy and squeaky curds on fries. Which is why I call it “Fries with a difference.” At first sight, you might be it yucky and disgusting but like I tell people “never judge a book by its cover.”
Poutine is a must-try meal. Taste something different from the normal French fries and Ketchup we are all used to. If you’re up for a real celebration, there are also annual poutine festivals in cities across the country.

Nanaimo Bars
This is a three-layered slice of wonder that just makes you wonder indeed. Canadians know how to make the best meals. Nanaimo Bars are made with a crumb base layer, custard and a thin layer of chocolate on top, which gives the bar a perfect crunch and some other ingredients that blend in so well to leave your mouth watery.

Tourtiere
I call this the “Do I don’t know how Canadians are able to make a pie that gives you a unique taste over and over again. You never step into a diner and ask for a Tourtiere and you taste something different from a tourtiere you ate from a different diner. Tourtiere is typically filled with ground pork, beef, veal or game and a sprinkling of herbs and spices, though in some coastal groundfish is used. The hearty meal is most commonly consumed on Christmas and New Years, though Quebec grocery stores keep it stocked year-round.

Nova Scotian Lobster Rolls
Nova Scotian Lobster Rolls are heavenly. They are one of the favorite meals of the Canadian too. If you desire a meal not too spicy but exciting and delectable then you should taste Nova Scotian Lobster Rolls. This is one the seafood to enjoy in Canada.

Canadian Bacon
This is for all lovers of bacon. The Canadian bacon is an amazing meal that tells the story of a healthy meal. Unlike traditional bacon which comes from the pig’s belly, Canadian

To learn more about Canada, please visit our blog at www.palsconcierge.com
Re: Meals You Should Taste In Canada by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 04, 2018

Re: Meals You Should Taste In Canada by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 04, 2018
Garri and Egusi with Fresh fish and Uziza

If you're not talking that, you talking nonsense

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Cotttage Cheese With Fruit / M / The Benefits Of Beet Juice For Healthy Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.